Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) (24885 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / 10 Travel Tips For Warri First-timers... / Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by tat: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2008
My husband and I intend to travel to the Uk  for about three weeks during summer this year. He is a banker and I am a public servant. How much should we have in the bank statement we intend to submit? Do we need letter of invitation?  We intend to visit friends, shop and generally have a good time. Can we state these as reasons for traveling?  We have never been outside the country before. What other supporting documents should we submit?

We will definitely come back to the country but how do we convince them the first time.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by ernal(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2008
Just as apply as a Tourist,no harm in that,uu can both apply for Visa as a tourist and probably get an offiical Hotel reservation done and necessary letters from your work place and marriage certificate and about 600upward should do in ur account.Boon voyage
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by bowa(m): 11:58am On Feb 11, 2008
Well,are you invited by anybody,i think that should be my first question.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by manuch(m): 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2008
make sure u ve the names of all the places u intend to visit. The question will come. hotel reservation will also be a big plus . letter of invitation, the person has alot of documentation to send. I guess abt 1500 to 2000 pounds to be on the sfe side.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by chubbya2(f): 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
I intend to apply for uk tourist visa by next month,I am a public servant and I have abt 800k in my savings account,which is also my salary account,I intend to spend 7days in the uk,I have started compiling my docs including bank statement,employment docs,hotel reservation,and other required docs needed for applying.
I am a single mum,and therefore I need to also submit evidence,I.e my son's birth certificate,but there is a clause,my son's birth cert does not haave his dad's name,which I omitted because his father was never there.I hope it will not pose a probelm?pls I need to know and I will be grateful if there any other docs I would need to appply for the visa,p
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
chubby_a2:

I intend to apply for uk tourist visa by next month,I am a public servant and I have abt 800k in my savings account,which is also my salary account,I intend to spend 7days in the uk,I have started compiling my docs including bank statement,employment docs,hotel reservation,and other required docs needed for applying.
I[b] am a single mum,and therefore I need to also submit evidence,I.e my son's birth certificate,but there is a clause,my son's birth cert does not haave his dad's name,which I omitted because his father was never there.I hope it will not pose a probelm?[/b]pls I need to know and I will be grateful if there any other docs I would need to appply for the visa,p
@BOLD,
If you simply put in your application form that you are unmarried (Single mom) that really should not be an issue. If you are going on the trip with your son, 800K finances is a risk to your application!

If you do the sums yourself, i.e. Flight ticket cost, accommodation for 7days, Shopping etc, you would have spent almost all of your savings for the two of you. ECO may not be convinced that you would spend all of your savings just to go on a trip to the UK for 7days, so that is another issue you need to address.

Document wise, include any document that would show your very tie to Nigeria. Make sure all your documents have contacts ( official contacts) to enable the BHC verify your documents if they need to! Do verify these documents yourself before handing them to the BHC.

Do not forget to include a self introductory letter, saying a few things about yourself and your son, what you do for a living, how long you have worked for, your intened purpose to the UK, and where you intend to visit, the plans you have made for them and how you intend to meet up finance wise. This does help as it gives the ECO an impression of your person. In addition, inlcude an index of all the "Supporting Documents" in your letter, stating what each document is ment for.
E.g, 1. XYZ Bank Statements covering period UVW to ABC : Evidence of Financial ability to fund my trip.
2. 6 Months payslip : Evidence of Source of Income and my work status as claimed in paragraph xyz of this letter.

Also do a good search of this forum, we have covered issues of documents to the minute details. I remember there is a post where I and another poster gave itemized list of documents for UK Tourist/Visitor visas. Make ure you provide photocopies of all your documents, including landed property. Also produce photocopy of your own application form for your keeps.

PLEASE KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS GENUINE AND INFORMATION ACCURATE TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY. LYING NOW TO GET HTE VISAS MIGHT CAUSE YOU TEN YEARS BAN IN FUTURE APPLICATIONS AS YOU MAY NOT REMEMBER THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED THE BHC.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by chubbya2(f): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2012
@ omo_tier,thanks a lot for the info,I rili do appreciate.the reason y I intend to add my son's bith cert is for future refrence.in case he would be travelling with me in future.the 800k is just for me alone applying for the visa.as for properties own,I do not have any except a car,is it ok to submit a copy of the car docs too?
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by chubbya2(f): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
Is it ok to also add my previous employment detaills and docs too?
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
chubby_a2:

@ omo_tier,thanks a lot for the info,I rili do appreciate.the reason y I intend to add my son's bith cert is for future refrence.in case he would be travelling with me in future.the 800k is just for me alone applying for the visa.as for properties own,I do not have any except a car,is it ok to submit a copy of the car docs too?
Okay, got the wrong impression your son was applying alongside yourself. In that case 800K seems reasonable provided the account show savings over a given period of time and do yourself a big favour by making sure you attach an account acknolwedgement letter/summary from your Bank branch addressed to the BHC. Make sure the letter is signed off by an authority from your Bank branch so that if they want to verify your finances the ECO would know who to call to ask questions.

No, car document show no tie to your country of origin. If you do not own landed property, try to make sure your job documentation is in order. In your employer introduction letter, make sure they state how long you have been working for them, your salary, your position if graded and what you are entitled to. Also be sure they state on there that they are very much aware of your planned trip to the UK for a summer vacation and that this is inline with your allowed working hours holidays as per your contract/level of service to the company or establishment. Make sure the letter is signed off by someone who is authorized to do so with contact details such as e-mails or telephone number of the company included.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2012
chubby_a2:

Is it ok to also add my previous employment detaills and docs too?
No do not add your previous employment details unless you have used them to secure visas with the UK embassy in the past. They only need your current employment details mainly to establish your source of income as you claimed and also it provides them with official data about you.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR TAXES DETAILS AND TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION. MAKE SURE IT IS THE ONE ISSUED BY FIRS. PERSONAL INCOME TAX CLEARANCE ALONG WITH YOUR PAYSLIP IS A RUBBER STAMP ON THE GENUINESS OF YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME AS REFLECTED IN YOUR STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT.

Least I forgot to add before, in your letter of introduction, state how you do earn your money and also point the ECO to dates in the bank statement where the moneis were paid in. coroborate this with the dates on the payslip. The ECO would know you have actually done your home work before you decided to put your application through. Did this for someone and their application came out slam on less than two weeks!

1 Like

Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by chubbya2(f): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
@omo_tier,my email address is chubbyng2000@yahoo.com ,I hope u don't mind if I mail some detailed stuff to you.thank you and God bless
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
chubby_a2:

@omo_tier,my email address is chubbyng2000@yahoo.com ,I hope u don't mind if I mail some detailed stuff to you.thank you and God bless
sent you an e-mail.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by chubbya2(f): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
chubby_a2:

i have responded to ur email,thanks
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by promise2(f): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hi Omo, I want to visit Uk in March, i want to apply for visit visa in February. I have a sister in the Uk and i am presently working here.Please Omo can you send me a blank mail so that i can ask you some question, i hope you dont mind.nnemise@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
promise2:

Hi Omo, I want to visit Uk in March, i want to apply for visit visa in February. I have a sister in the Uk and i am presently working here.Please Omo can you send me a blank mail so that i can ask you some question, i hope you dont mind.nnemise@yahoo.com
Hi ya, sent you a mail.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by promise2(f): 8:28am On Jan 31, 2012
Omo pls i did not get the mail could you please forward it again to promise.agwamba@bollore.com.Thanks dear.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by worldgee: 8:49am On Feb 01, 2012
Omo, good job u are doing here. Keep it up.

How do u see dis matter? My wife works is a registered private school & was recently nominated to attend a 1-week seminar/prog in UK by March ending alongside three others: all of whom are first timers. The bill is to be borne by d school i.e. Seminar fee, flight/transport, feeding & accomodation. BUT
1. They were asked to arrange for their visa by themselves. Is dis d proper approach? I thought it' supposed to be a corporate approach , to increase d chance of visa issuance. Pls help adv on what to do as d day is fast approachin

2. The seminar holds March ending & her Intl passport is expiring Feb18. Is d visa application not getting late by now? Can she still apply using dis passport or she needs to obtain a new b4 applyin 4 dis trip?

3. Do I need 2 support her with any of my docs as discussed in d earlier posts?

PLS UR ADVICE IS URGENTLY NEEDED.

Thx eh.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
worldgee:

Omo, good job u are doing here. Keep it up.

How do u see dis matter? My wife works is a registered private school & was recently nominated to attend a 1-week seminar/prog in UK by March ending alongside three others: all of whom are first timers. The bill is to be borne by d school i.e. Seminar fee, flight/transport, feeding & accomodation. BUT
1. They were asked to arrange for their visa by themselves. Is dis d proper approach? I thought it' supposed to be a corporate approach , to increase d chance of visa issuance. Pls help adv on what to do as d day is fast approachin

2. The seminar holds March ending & her Intl passport is expiring Feb18. Is d visa application not getting late by now? Can she still apply using dis passport or she needs to obtain a new b4 applyin 4 dis trip?

3. Do I need 2 support her with any of my docs as discussed in d earlier posts?

PLS UR ADVICE IS URGENTLY NEEDED.

Thx eh.
1. Since she is coming to the UK for a workshop/Seminar, then it would be appropriate for the school to provide ALL necessary paper work for her to secure the visas. However, she would have to put in the application by herself because of the Biometrics which would be collected at the point of submission.

2. She would need a new papssport as Embassy usually demand your passport be atleast 6months! Getting the new e-passport does not take long. She can get it done in two working days at any of the NIS application post.

3. Nope, all documents would have to be hers 'cos this is similar to a Business visit.

Also, has she told you if she has been given the invitation letter from the organizers of the seminar? Without this she would not be able to secure her visas.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by chubbya2(f): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
Hi Omo, I sent you a mail,I don't know if u got it?
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2012
chubby_a2:

Hi Omo, I sent you a mail,I don't know if u got it?
Yes, replied you.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by promise2(f): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
Hi Omo, I am yet to get your mail.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by OmoTier1(m): 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
promise2:

Hi Omo, I am yet to get your mail.
Hello Promise, you got my e-mail! You even sent me a reply mail but not sure if you knew I was the one! So yea I have replied you again.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by worldgee: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2012
@ Omo_tier1. Thx 4 ur prompt reply. Ur piece of adv. appreciated & taken. Will get back 2 u on d developmnts. Meanwhile she's already processing a new int'l passport.

Another thing is dat d Mgt. just discovered dat d Seminar/workshop is primarily aimed at Primary schools Heads/teachers. Tho' being Sec. Schl, d mgt insisted it wanted 2 stil feature her staffers 4 d trip, can they stil go ahead and process their visa? Sorry I'm just bn particular abt my wife cos anyhow it will stil cost her some money.

Pls help out.
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by promise2(f): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hi Omo, how are you doing thanks alot for your detailed email, i will get back to you soon, i am a bit busy now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by fali: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
Hi Omo_Tier 1. A sister of mine was nominated for a workshop in uk and she works with a private school in Lagos. Kindly state the necessary document to be submitted by her employer in other to give her visa suitable consideration. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by ibk4u: 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2012
[quote author=promise2]hi,pls i want to no which skool r tution free in europe
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by polo4sure: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]
@Omo_Tier1 pls Omo am new on this nairaland and I was following informations you are given out here I must say you are really doing a nice job and God will bless you for this. I will like to send you an email if you can send me a mail with your email address to princeosa@yahoo.com . I will be waiting to hear from you soon, Thank You
Re: Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2012

(1)

Commercial Bus Lost Control And Fell Into A Pitch At Ajah, Lagos (photos) / Which European Country Is Best To Go For Hustling? / Check Out Kano City In The '60s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.