Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked (27995 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Chelseafc Sacks Manager Roberto Di Matteo / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by airmark(m): 10:09am On Nov 21, 2012
Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with Manager Roberto Di Matteo.

The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season.

The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts.

The owner and the Board would like to thank Roberto for all he has done for the club since taking over in March. Roberto helped guide us to an historic Champions League victory and a seventh FA Cup. We will never forget the huge contribution he has made to this club's history and he will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge.

The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first team manager.

Source : http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2986865/title/statement-on-roberto-di-matteo

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 21, 2012
Sad, what a grime reality check!

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by souleymon(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2012
It is his Money
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by airmark(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Dunno if this is a right step. Benitez and Guardiola may be nicked.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by footreja: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2012
I pity Di matteo. Torres killed him.

16 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by noblegas2(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2012
A taste of AVB's dose perhaps?

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Super1759: 10:35am On Nov 21, 2012
I love abramovich sooo much. No time for rubbish.
Anyway you won't blame him. Do you know how much the man don lose?

6 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by jigawatts(m): 10:37am On Nov 21, 2012
The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract .....
Goodluck to RDM

Coach and players come and go..... But the club stays.

#CHELSEA

32 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by diutor: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2012
wikipedia don update am sharp sharp.

Roberto di Matteo (Italian pronunciation: [roˈbɛrto di matˈtɛo]; born 29 May 1970) is an Italian former footballer and the former manager of Chelsea. During his playing career as a midfielder, he played for Swiss clubs Schaffhausen, Zürich and Aarau before joining Lazio of Italy and Chelsea of England. He was capped 34 times for Italy, scoring two goals, and played in Euro 1996 and the 1998 World Cup. He retired as a player in February 2002 at the age of 31 following injury problems.[2] He has since managed Milton Keynes Dons, West Bromwich Albion, and Chelsea. As interim manager of Chelsea, he steered the club to double title success, winning both the 2012 FA Cup and the club's first UEFA Champions League.[3]

http://talkofchelsea..com/2012/11/chelsea-fc-sacks-roberto-di-matteo.html

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2012
Wiki to bad. Truth is this that abram never wanted him the first place and they just saw an opportunity to fire him. God will punish abramovich.

4 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by executinal(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2012
Abramovich is ingrate, RDM made history with Chelsea by winning the Champion league and Chelsea made profit of 1.4 million pounds. So what does this stupid man need, if he is the owner of Arsenal, he could have killed Asene Wenger by now. Very bad, though i blame RDM for yesterdays game, how can you use 4 defenders and five midfielder and no attacker very laughable grin grin

Anyway RDM best of luck and i wish you fast job QPR will come looking for you now.
You could have fought for Drogba, because Tores is just shiit.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 21, 2012
Wiki to bad. Truth is this that abram never wanted him the first place and they just saw an opportunity to fire him. God will punish abramovich. ..
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Super1759: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2012
jigawatts: The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract .....
Goodluck to RDM

Coach and players come and go..... But the club stays.

#CHELSEA
that's the truth. Even after champion's league. He found it difficult to accept him.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by freecocoa(f): 10:45am On Nov 21, 2012
This is arrant nonsense.
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler and a big hediot, not to talk of how ungrateful he is,
he better not bring Benitez
Inshort I think its time I give a 2nd thought to decamping.
Don't they even know these type of things affect the players and their performance in a negative light?
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?

8 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Super1759: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
see wetin torres don cause.

4 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: This is arrant nonsense.
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler,
Don't they even know these type of things affect the players and their performance in a negative light?
Mstcheew.angry

guardiola things on his mind

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by yuzedo: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2012
No wonder Roman has been flashing me.... I won't pick his call jare, i refuse to accept his offer to be new Chelsea coach! grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Super1759: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2012
am very happy with the sack, RDM makes senseless subs.
*Against westbrom, he benched his good player,until 70mins he woke up.
*he likes fighting from back,
*imagine his subs against juve, torres for mikel
Infact let him go,I lost 10k yestady!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by MadCow1: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2012

11 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by tyson55(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2012
When a manager with a 57% win ratio and a CL win is still deemed not good enough, what realistically classes as success?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by RedLight1: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2012
abramovic don dey mad

barcelona aint what they are today because of coach or pep guirdiola ... it becos of the players, thats why vito is doing well after guirdiolla left... if guirdiolla comes to chelsea today, i bet he wont do anything spectacular. why cant someone just speak sense into abramovic for a second angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by tyson55(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2012
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler and a big hediot, not to talk of how ungrateful he is,
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?
Seconded
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by purplekayc(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2012
llolololll!! was just chating with a friend @ my office just 2 minutes ago am not surprised !
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 21, 2012
Sorry ooo
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Rooneyboy(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2012
Not surprised @ all , it was only a matter of time and obviously nw is the time.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Born2beRich1(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2012
I dont know why Abrahimovic is always like this.angry..You want to build a new team and you expect them to be flying high immediately...WHen ferguson started at Man utd it took him time before he acheived 19EPL tropies....Well know RMD will know how AVB felt.....Gaudiolla you next...WATCH OUT

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by femi4: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2012
Abramovich should sack himself, even Pep will fail woefully
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ujchief(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2012
When will they sack players like Torres, Terry, Ashley cole, Lampard?? We all knew matteo's feat on last season's Ucl was a fluke, but only a myopic board and owner will fail to see that some players at chelski are performing below expectation.

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by GARRIx7(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2012
So fast??

Sent from my Exercise Book
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by dilbert100: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Afam4eva(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?
I was even wondering what a beautiful lady like you was doing supporting a team like Chelsea.

5 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
[b]WOW, In as much as chelsea fan, i was thinking yesterday that this man will loose his job sooner than later.But to be serious, the coaches are not the problem, it is this abramovich or what ever he calls himself. he is just gambling with coaches and uses them as a scape goat.bring the best coaches in the world to coach cfc together with the same set of players, you will still be beaten,blue black many times. How can you expect a team with no, at least 3 strikers to perform? A team that mid fielders and defenders are the top scorers? a team that sold all their best, experienced players like lampard and drogba with non sense excuses (go and ask baba ferguson why he still kept giggs and co? and see when this guy enter the field, what the game will look like within short period of time), you dont expect such team to perform any where,any time, any day continously.
I dont watch chelsea matches lately because it always rises my blood pressure, infact, i prefare and enjoy arsenal and man u matches because you might have predicted what the end point will be and all the way,fun.
now, he will want to hire guadiola. if am the man, i will think twice before i work with him. NON SENSE
[/b]

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meet English Premier League Nike Merlin / Monaco Vs Juventus : UCL (0 - 2) On 3rd May 2017 / Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.