Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked (27983 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Chelseafc Sacks Manager Roberto Di Matteo / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by scantee(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2012
Abeg wetin be Chelsea, RDM, Abrahamusic? Are they animal, place or thing? Rubish team. Barca till Naija become the world power.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by karpentar: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2012
dopeJemi: Abeg abeg abeg

Y'alL can tawk abt matteo's sack alL day buh don't bring guardiola into this angry

D man is coming 2 manchester united n dats finaL

Abramovic shud be d coach n assistant coach of cheLsea grin

Reporter to Pep Guardiola: ''Chelsea sacked their manager, you want to be their new manager?''
Pep Guardiola: ''I Dont know how to drive a bus.''

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Afam4eva(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2012
gwas: Chelsea is indeed an outstanding football club! just check out the number of people viewing this thread. Aha!
It's people like this that are giving chelsea a bad name no wonder freecocoa wants to decamp.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Cultured(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2012
Most of you amuse me greatly ; Always sounding illogical . For one, Abramovic is a businessman , a good one at that ,goal-getter , so the worst anyone who's sound in business should expect of him is to allow sentiment to crumble his investment. For all I care , if he had not sacked AVB and replaced him with RDM then , there wouldn't be anything like a champions league glory for the club at this moment , so him sacking RDM at this juncture was a perfect positive risk . Remember , "Risk never taken is an Opportunity missed" .
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by merengue: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2012
Sacking Di Matteo is a hasty but ultimately inevitable decision. Chelsea's UCL victory is proof that God exists & Roman wasn't happy with the way in which they won hence his hesitation in giving Di Matteo a contract. Di Matteo was always going to be a stop gap until the Chosen One eventually decides to step up. For those who don't know; Roman decided to buy Chelsea after watching Man United versus Real Madrid at Old Trafford in the 2002/2003 season, a game which ended 4-3 and is probably the greatest Champions League match ever played. He has always wanted his team to win by playing attractive football, something Di Matteo was never going to be able to deliver.

N.B: Any Chelsea fan insulting Abrahmovich is a slowpoke who just started watching football. Before him, Chelsea was just an above average club and without his passion, commitment and money, they probably would be on the level of the Wigans, Boltons et al.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Reference(m): 11:18am On Nov 21, 2012
Now the Skysports presenter is suggesting that Bob may be excused and the blame rather placed on Emenalo for not deepening the squad enough. Of course at the back and the front with Terry on a limp and Torres misfiring.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by papie123: 11:19am On Nov 21, 2012
and then 5 other seasoned coaches tried and couldnt do it....trust me whoever was in charge during the win did it..even if its my lil cuz whos still sucking breast...he doesnt deserve it...not cool
karpentar:

Why should God punish Abramovich? Let's be realistic, RDM's champions league triumph had more to do with luck than tactics. He's not a seasoned coach!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Akposkool(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2012
Flopnando torres sacked him.cumon u blues.i lyk abramovich sha.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by jericco1(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2012
I expected the sack....he gambled with the chances he had..and now its all but over... Maybe ths assistant coach will take over and win a treble.. Who knows.. Thats was how he won a double..hhehehe.....up chelseaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by BlackBaron: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2012
Did not see that coming! Stabbed in the back by Abra...makes him look like Stalin.

Moving on; Get Guardiola or same old shite every year.

CFC all day
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Rooneyboy(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2012
Adey09: waoh, it wasnt really Di Matteos fault, He did his best but his best wasnt enough for Abramovich and so He will surely bring in a Better person
may ur days be long for this statement bro, if u remember vividly Abramovich was very reluctant in giving him a new contract after he won the champions league.
RDM is still very far from being a seasoned coach, his winning the champions league was solely dependent on mother luck .
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by thelastPope(m): 11:22am On Nov 21, 2012
Though am not a fan of indiscrimate sacking of coaches! I have to say RDM brought this on himself. Why start a season with 2 half baked strikers when your rivals has 4 each? And to add salt to the wound, you send the only promising striker you have on loan?

To many bad decisions really. If he were working in any corporate organisation, he would promptly be fired!

Added to that, he doesn't look like the one to coach Chelsea in the long term.. The fact he was given 2 years contract simply meant he was on probation and I think he knew that. He was not RA's first choice. The sentiments of CL cup made RA to appoint him. I think another coach is already in standby. But RA mean sha! #Bruttal

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Super1759: 11:22am On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: And if you are a true fan, you'd understand that the coach is also part of the club, the coach helps shape the players that make up the club.
Coaches have come and gone but I've never been this pissed about it, RDM is doing good as far as I'm concerned, the dude has just coached the club for 8 months, he got us the UCL and what he gets in return is a sack?
Do you think greatness is achieved in just one day? Oh well its Abra after all, we shouldn't be surprised.angry
P.S its fans like you that give Chelsea fans a bad name, what has being on the front page got to do with anything? Don't even answer that.
hahahahahahhaha. The funniest statement today. Ask seun how much he gets from a traffic chelsea puts up on nairaland. Check media houses and ask which club's news sells more. Abramovich is a bloody biz man,and dosent care about how many coaches, all we need is success, just win it, we don't wanna knw. UpP chelseaaa!!!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by omosexy1: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2012
4bobo: [b]WOW, In as much as chelsea fan, i was thinking yesterday that this man will loose his job sooner than later.But to be serious, the coaches are not the problem, it is this abramovich or what ever he calls himself. he is just gambling with coaches and uses them as a scape goat.bring the best coaches in the world to coach cfc together with the same set of players, you will still be beaten,blue black many times. How can you expect a team with no, at least 3 strikers to perform? A team that mid fielders and defenders are the top scorers? a team that sold all their best, experienced players like lampard and drogba with non sense excuses (go and ask baba ferguson why he still kept giggs and co? and see when this guy enter the field, what the game will look like within short period of time), you dont expect such team to perform any where,any time, any day continously.
I dont watch chelsea matches lately because it always rises my blood pressure, infact, i prefare and enjoy arsenal and man u matches because you might have predicted what the end point will be and all the way,fun.
now, he will want to hire guadiola. if am the man, i will think twice before i work with him. NON SENSE
[/b]

Well said
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by hotwax: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2012
executinal: Abramovich is ingrate, RDM made history with Chelsea by winning the Champion league and Chelsea made profit of 1.4 million pounds. So what does this stupid man need, if he is the owner of Arsenal, he could have killed Asene Wenger by now. Very bad, though i blame RDM for yesterdays game, how can you use 4 defenders and five midfielder and no attacker very laughable grin grin

Anyway RDM best of luck and i wish you fast job QPR will come looking for you now.
You could have fought for Drogba, because Tores is just shiit.

History? Only liverpool dwell on history. Chelsea want achievements.

But sincerely, Torress got him sacked.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2012
yuzedo:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Lmfaooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This has gotta be my favorite flash image yet! LMFAOOOO! The inimitable Jim Carrey in the classic Ace Ventura! grin grin grin

Anyway, f(u)ck Chelsea! They don't give me free merchandise, match-day tickets, or cash allowance. Till football clubs start paying fans, i remain a neutral ardent of the good game! cool
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by alaoeri: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2012
Saw it coming next chelsea coach should also expect same thing.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Hearme(m): 11:24am On Nov 21, 2012
Its clear he was going. how do you loose community shield and UEFA Super cup as a Chelsea coach? how do you pick up 2 point out of 12 in four premier league games? Even though I still believe Shartar will beat Juve, My concern is that he and the board should have kept the attack competitive by keeping Kalou.Just like Man U with 5 potent strikers that compete for shirt and Man city with great 4 known strikers.Every one will remember Mourinho saying Chelsea will struggle with only one striker.Why has he not given Marko Marin playing time? I feel for him because Terry and Lampard march fitness would have added maturity and calm to the defence, midfield and attack. Remember Lampard and Didier had always been good goal getters. We miss you RDM. Just hope the person coming wins the Club World Cup. I had taught we will make it 5 trophies this year but.... we have lost two and almost losing the last one now with a change in administration
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by shegsrules(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2012
D old lady is very quite n sees beyond d alcoholic content using experience in taken it 2 d last drop before throwing away d bottle 2 break even wen d owners n fan of d gin brag much.
Old lady- juventus
Gin(alcohol)-chelsea
D italian team caused d sack of 1 of there own.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by babarazy: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2012
Under Abramovich Chelsea will never have a long term manager
(unless he sells up and goes). No blame has so far been appropriated
to the players who seem disinterested. I have a solution for
Abramovich: why don't you manage your team? after all if you don't
perform you can sack yourself.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Havilah93(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2012
Two cups in
May, top of the league in
October, sacked in
November. Mental sad

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by RudySmith(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2012
It's funny that the guy who became the replacement of a sacked coach, is now sacked to be replaced himself, karma is indeed a b i t c h . What did RDM expect? You live by the gun, you die by the gun!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by youngdee168(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2012
Too bad for chelsea,i think what chelsea needs at the moment is a top, sharp and strong finisher and not a coach.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by EBEREOBIDIKE: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2012
iknow that chelse is not on top of thier game now,but it doesnt make a whole lot of sense sacking the the coach yet, i wonder if any coach will allow himself to be rubbished by abromovic.the truth remains that chelseas problem is not coach, they should rather change some old legs
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2012
RudySmith:

ur state of mind is ur failure, there should b no other option than winning, and the will of winning. same thing happened last yr and it was the greatest move ever.

and the same thing that happens last year is no more relevant to you?

we are waiting for your club to announce the new coach and see what happens

Even by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic's sky-high standards, the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo is ruthless. This is the manager who won the Champions League and FA Cup in May. Chelsea's statement claims results and performances have not been good enough - and yet only a month ago they were top of the Premier League after an outstanding 4-2 win at Spurs. The decision makes it even more abundantly clear that Di Matteo was only keeping the seat warm for the first love of Abramovich's footballing life, former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.
Phil McNulty Chief football writer, BBC Sport

Claudio Ranieri: Sep 2000 to May 2004
Jose Mourinho: Jun 2004 to Sep 2007
Avram Grant: Sep 2007 to May 2008
Luiz Felipe Scolari: Jul 2008 to Feb 2009
Guus Hiddink: Feb 2009 to May 2009
Carlo Ancelotti: Jun 2009 to May 2011
Andre Villas-Boas: Jun 2011 to Mar 2012
Roberto di Matteo: Mar 2012 to Nov 2012

8 coaches in 12 years

abeggi
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by omosexy1: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2012
I am not a Chelsea fan but I have never seen a Chelsea team play with so much flair since I can remember (they can scare the S*H.I.T out of you when they attack). All thanks to Di Matteo. His job was never secured. He should have taken a walk after the Champions League because you are only as good as your last game. Chelsea's woos ain't over yet. They have no striker except they intend to get one. However, with the increase turnover of coaches, I guess the next coach coming to the team would not have reasonably impact. Apart from Mourinho who coached Chelsea with passion, the next was Di Matteo (I have always loved his cool temperament even when his was at West Brom and I pray he gets a Premier League team to coach soon).
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Reference(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2012
Whatever the case he's cast his name in stone in the club's history. Achieved the best result the club has ever attained even when coming in mid-season and serving in a caretaker capacity throughout. I also appreciate the dignity with which he conceded defeat last night. He'll get good offers down the line. Wish him all the best.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by 2goodbobo(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2012
Why una de vex na?

5 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2012
tchaik: Claudio Ranieri: Sep 2000 to May 2004
• Jose Mourinho: Jun 2004 to Sep 2007
• Avram Grant: Sep 2007 to May 2008
• Luiz Felipe Scolari: Jul 2008 to Feb 2009
• Guus Hiddink: Feb 2009 to May 2009
• Carlo Ancelotti: Jun 2009 to May 2011
• Andre Villas-Boas: Jun 2011 to Mar 2012
• Roberto Di Matteo: Mar 2012 to Nov 2012

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT?

hiddink wasn't sacked undecided
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by LesbianBoy(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2012
Torres should have been SACKED not RMD RDM grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Rooneyboy(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: Apparently he isn't a good business man and you can't win them all.
Sometimes, a little patient is all you need to get there my dear.

my dear his desires and aspirations has been clearly stated since the days of mourinho.

NOTHING SHORT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Monaco Vs Juventus : UCL (0 - 2) On 3rd May 2017 / Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August / Meet English Premier League Nike Merlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.