Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,426 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:13 PM

***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** (9781 Views)

What Has Been The Effect Of Culturing Borrowing On Nigerian Culture? / What Aspects Of Our Nigerian Culture Should Be Abolished? / Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Michrach: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who told you so?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
salam001: Why you dey ask me?
abi na crime to know again?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by EmmaUG: 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
uncle seun
why u de call me
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by truefact: 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
Q:u hear sey OBJ shot GEJ?
A: and den, wetin u wan make i do, go kill OBJ?

Q: why do they hate tonto dike?
A: who told you they hate tonto dike?

Besides @OP, who can tell you say nigerians de answer question with question?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by YungG(m): 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
odumchi: I thinks it's because of the generally cautious and over scrupulous nature of Nigerians.

Here are some more examples:

Q - Where your house?
A - Abi dem send you?

Q - How much money you get for pocket?
A - How it take concern you?

Q - Whose car be dat?
A - Abi na your papa own?

who said so?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
@Op, Nigerians tend to answer questions with questions because fellow Nigerians ask stupid questions atimes. Just imagine these questions; 1. Someone calls you at 2am
and asks,"Are you sleeping?
Ans: "No! I'm picking beans."
2. When its raining and
someone notice you going out
yet they ask,are you going out
in this rain?
Ans:"No! In the next one."
3. You are making out with your
girlfriend then you start pulling
her panties then she asks; what
are you trying to do?
Ans: "I want to wash it for u."
4. They see you coming out of
the bathroom wet, yet they ask,
"Did you just have a bath?"
Ans: "No, i fell into the toilet
bowl."
5.You're standing in front of the
elevator on the ground floor
going to your office, yet they
ask, "Are you going up?"
Ans: "No, i'm waiting for my
Office to come down and get
me."
6.Your boyfriend comes home
with a bunch of flowers, and you
still ask, "Are those flowers?
Ans: "No baby, they're carrots!"
7.You are in the toilet and lock
the door and someone knocks,
asking, "Is anyone there?"
Ans: "No! Na poo LOCK
DOOR...." Mtsheeeeeeew!!
8.You are in a queue at the
cinema to buy ticket, a friend
saw you and asked, "What are
you doing here?"
Ans: "I'm here to pay my school
fees..." ODE!
9.When they see you lying
down with your eyes closed and
they still ask, are you
sleeping??
Ans: "No, i'm trying to DIE..."
MUMU!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by vichofu(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
Q: why u march me?
A: wetin u fit do?
Qwetind dey worry dis guy sef ?
A: hw e dey do you ?
D: do u knw whu i am ?
A:Whu you be ?
Q: i go slap u oooo?
A: u wan die be dat ni ?

3 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by odumchi: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
Yung G:

who said so?

Shey you no get eye?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Michrach: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
Na who told you that?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Johnnoo(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
otokx: its appears to be a popular behavioral pattern but not necessarily a Nigerian culture.

Bros, nak am 4 pidgin english...
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Bella3(f): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
obadiah777: WHAT DO YOU MEAN ?
why do you ask?

1 Like

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Psylas(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
Vikin: OP, why you wan know? undecided abi dem send you?
you are a good Nigerian grin
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by tampa1871: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
chiteny: People say Nigerians like to answer a question with another one. Is this our culture?
Take for instance I walk up to my brother and ask:

Question: Where you dey go?
Answer: Abi you wan follow me?

Do you guys experience this? What are usual "quanswer" you get for questions you ask?

WHY DID YOU THINK IT'S CULTURAL?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Ataegbiti: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
4 where! Ugbo!
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by RichDad1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pelummy: i tire for nigerians o
As in seriously ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by seedord247(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Q you be mumu...

A: how you take know. angry grin

1 Like

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by ifyalways(f): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who carry this thread enter homepage?

1 Like

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by seedord247(m): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
ifyalways: Who carry this thread enter homepage?

Why dem no go carry am?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Mogidi: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
seedord247:

Why dem no go carry am?

Why dem go carry am?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by seedord247(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mogidi:

Why dem go carry am?

Why you dey ask me?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by sunky644(m): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
From the various comments received, I think the OP's question is answered already. Abi no be so? See me falling for this also cos e be like say me self don ask question. Nigerians can't just stop asking questions.
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by omodapson(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
chiteny: People say Nigerians like to answer a question with another one. Is this our culture?
Take for instance I walk up to my brother and ask:

Question: Where you dey go?
Answer: Abi you wan follow me?

Do you guys experience this? What are usual "quanswer" you get for questions you ask?

Who told you nigerians answer questions with questions?

Ops I just did. grin
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by bolayei: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
before nko?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
If you ask me nah who i go ask?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Truckpusher(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
chuks315: Who tell you that one na?
Abi na you talk am?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Rick9(m): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
See them. Them still dey repeat the same thing. Anyway O.p why you dey ask ? Any problem ?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Truckpusher(m): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Paxchal: If you ask me nah who i go ask?
you dey ask me?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Truckpusher(m): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Rick9: See them. Them still dey repeat the same thing. Anyway O.p why you dey ask ? Any problem ?
which problem?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Truckpusher(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Emma.UG:
uncle seun
why u de call me
call you,how?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Truckpusher(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
WHY YOU COPY AM FROM FACEBOOK NA? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
exxell: @Op, Nigerians tend to answer questions with questions because fellow Nigerians ask stupid questions atimes. Just imagine these questions; 1. Someone calls you at 2am
and asks,"Are you sleeping?
Ans: "No! I'm picking beans."
2. When its raining and
someone notice you going out
yet they ask,are you going out
in this rain?
Ans:"No! In the next one."
3. You are making out with your
girlfriend then you start pulling
her panties then she asks; what
are you trying to do?
Ans: "I want to wash it for u."
4. They see you coming out of
the bathroom wet, yet they ask,
"Did you just have a bath?"
Ans: "No, i fell into the toilet
bowl."
5.You're standing in front of the
elevator on the ground floor
going to your office, yet they
ask, "Are you going up?"
Ans: "No, i'm waiting for my
Office to come down and get
me."
6.Your boyfriend comes home
with a bunch of flowers, and you
still ask, "Are those flowers?
Ans: "No baby, they're carrots!"
7.You are in the toilet and lock
the door and someone knocks,
asking, "Is anyone there?"
Ans: "No! Na poo LOCK
DOOR...." Mtsheeeeeeew!!
8.You are in a queue at the
cinema to buy ticket, a friend
saw you and asked, "What are
you doing here?"
Ans: "I'm here to pay my school
fees..." ODE!
9.When they see you lying
down with your eyes closed and
they still ask, are you
sleeping??
Ans: "No, i'm trying to DIE..."
MUMU!!!!!!
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by geemeshin(m): 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
People take advantage of others in Nigeria, even the "foolish" eventually become wise...so? Questions are answered with questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan - Today And Yesteryear / . / How Does This "Money Charm" Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.