Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope (13000 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / This Is The HOUSE TB Joshua Was Born In... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ezyp(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2012
seriallink:

You think Christ wouldn't have used technology in spreading the gospel of the kingdom if it were available at His time? I don't see the similarities between merging pagan traditions to Christianity and evangelising with technology!

Christ said the gospel must be preached to the whole world before the end will come (Matthew 24:14), how do you think that will happen without the technology we have today?

Did Christ follow the ways of His disciples after converting them or taught them the ways of God? So, if you succeed in coverting a juju worshipper today, will you merge his traditions to the body of Christ just to please him? Smh

DID I SAY THE CHRISTIANS MERGE THEIR TRADITIONS? OR I SAID TOOK THEIR DATE......WELL I GUESS I UNDERSTOOD ALL WHAT I WROTE BUT U JUST CATCHING FUN WHENEVER I REPLY YOU.......
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by ghettodreamz(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2012
Whatever!

Date wey we celebrate our Lord's birth is immaterial jare.

Wetin mata most be say, are we living the Christ-like life and not nailing Him to the cross again with our sinful lives; so that the price He paid as a ransom for our sins through His death on the cross of calvary won't be a waste.

As Christmas drew to a close, We all need to check our lives as an individual with no exemption to the MOGs, Rev'd fathers and the POPE himself.

God go help us.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by DANILSA(m): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2012
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES HAS BEEN VINDICATED, JESUS WAS NEVER BORN ON 25TH DECEMBER THEY ALWAYS SEE BEFORE OTHERS, I MEAN THE FAITHFUL CLASS. smiley
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ezyp(m): 9:42am On Nov 22, 2012
@Olarajee
I FEEL U OPENED THIS THREAD TO ATTACK THE CATHOLICS
SO WHAT HAV U GAIN?......HAV DS CHANGE THE NAME/ IMAGE OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by PastorKun(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2012
ghettodreamz: Whatever!

Date wey we celebrate our Lord's birth is immaterial jare.

Wetin mata most be say, are we living the Christ-like life and not nailing Him to the cross again with our sinful lives; so that the price He paid as a ransom for our sins through His death on the cross of calvary won't be a waste.

As Christmas drew to a close, We all need to check our lives as an individual with no exemption to the MOGs, Rev'd fathers and the POPE himself.

God go help us.

Thanx for this.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Josh316(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2012
Lemme ask a pertinent Question:

WHO MADE THE DAY AND NIGHT? The devil or GOD
If its God, what is wrong with substituting the day which people used as a route to hell via pagan worship to worshiping he who made the day and night and owns all? If Making these people become christians by celebrating God on a day that used to be for celebrating the devil, then i see it as a VICTORY (chancing if you like) over evil. We use Monday tuesday e.t.c everyday, yet these are related to pagan gods. if thou art not a hypocrite, PLEASE DONT USE THESE DAYS, CREATE YOUR OWN DAYS OF THE WEEK

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2012
By and by we are getting there! I cant wait to hear them declare that he never even existed grin nice one coming from the leaders of religion, the followers must be covered with shame now. grin angry grin grin. All roads lead to Atheism

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by ahmadgulam(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2012
hahaha daman i knw say dis religion na lie lie religion...After sex nd gay abuse scandal in d vatican...Nw is calender. ;Dhahaha daman i knw say dis religion na lie lie religion...After sex nd gay abuse scandal in d vatican...Nw is calender. chriatinity waz introduce by d jews in order to confuse dos dat r nt jews. and ALLAH has mentiond in d qur'an dat. the true religion in side of GOD is islam whc is d religion of MOSES DEVID ISMEAL JESUS AND MUHAMMAD.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by mymadam(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2012
musKeeto:

Frosbel, the one and only follower of Christ... greetings...

Was surprised to find out we both hail from Imo state... tongue

Mbaise Local Government? It's a small world! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 22, 2012
Christianity full of error....they have many bible,call jesus the creator of heaven and earth, paul wrote bible, many churches, and many more! If you are wise enough question your pastors!!!!! Christianity is not a religion from jesus.only the wise understand this! ISLAM REMAIN THE ONLY COMPLETE RELIGION COS YOU MUST BELEIVE IN ALL THE PROPHET OF GOD INCLUDING issa(jesus) PBUH. I HEREBY IMPLORE ALL CHRISTIAN TO SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH AND NOT UNTIL THE POPE FIND OUT THAT CHRISTIANITY was formulated by pegans after jesus died, I PERSONALLY INVITE YA'ALL To ISLAM I.e submmision to the creator of heaven and earth..thank you. f

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by ghettodreamz(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2012
991: grin angry grin grin. All roads lead to Atheism

Which equally leads to ETERNAL DESTRUCTIONS & DOOM. There's still grace for you/everyone else in Christ Jesus today, tomorrow might be too late.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by oluMyderz(m): 10:04am On Nov 22, 2012
JESUS CHRIST: The most misunderstading personalty in the world. ALHAMDULILAH... AM A MUSLIM!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by omenziate(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2012
ahmadgulam: hahaha daman i knw say dis religion na lie lie religion...After sex nd gay abuse scandal in d vatican...Nw is calender. ;Dhahaha daman i knw say dis religion na lie lie religion...After sex nd gay abuse scandal in d vatican...Nw is calender. chriatinity b siA U .

See dis mumu dey talk, human beings dey talk, u dis philistine sef dey talk, una wey dey find moon errday from saudi to kano to yemen. Chairman, waka go find bomb for ur mosque jare. Abi una chairman no sleep with underage again?

It is immaterial to me , now, it is a tradition and the message of Christ's reason to b born is what matters. (He came to make us one with God) .

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by abdulkayus(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2012
wat d pope said is d truth. There are many practise in d xtianity dat has its origin frm d pagan and den incoporated into xtianity by d roman. Even nowadays, rule dat are clear in bible are no more followed by d majority xtains, rules lyk coverin of hair by d females, rules on xtension of hair(attachment), wearing of trousers by d females and many others rules, by nowadays xtains tend to forget abt it and follows d western life takin den as face of xtains which is false. I do tel meny of mt xtains frnds dat wat is practise nowadays as xtainity is mostly western life. CIAO
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Zikkyy(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2012
seriallink:
Christian worship styles are all over the NT! Paul and other early Christians wrote letters to new Christian converts, giving them guildlines on how to worship God in spirit and truth! They never used any borrowed pagan styles of worship to teach!

Please list them, and show how they are different from the pagan worship styles.

and you think it's not the pagan tradition that first borrowed from the Christian worship style? or you think the pagans don't also worship their god in spirit and truth?

seriallink:
The standard I'm talking about is in the Bible, anything borrowed from pagan tradition to please some pagan converts is wrong! That was my point.

It is this standard am interested in. It's not enough to say somebody is not doing the right thing if you cannot show the person what the right thing is. If there is a standard of worship Christians must adhere to, we need to know and learn. If the standard or worship program is cast in stone (i.e. cannot be modified) we need to know. I believe you understand.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by kosiobabiolorun: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2012
May God forgive you
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by ghettodreamz(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2012
Ghettodreamz saw some unlettered religion bigot$ invade the thread, and walked away.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Yahayamoses(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2012
May God 4giv u.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2012
@Zikky, I don't know where you are dragging this whole thing to. The standards are in Christ's teachings, I have answered your question. Or do I need to quote and paste the whole teachings of Christ and His apostles to you before you understand me? Brah, I don't have time for further arguements. I have made my point...take it or leave it! Shikena
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by crackhouse(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2012
how are we sure that pope said this? did u hear the pope said that? pls don't rely on whatever you see on the internet before drawing to conclusions because we have a lot of atheist with different websites writing trash just to destroy religion. they can stay in their homes and cook up a story, upload it to their website and circulate it just to cause confusion among Christians.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2012
crackhouse: how are we sure that pope said this? did u hear the pope said that? pls don't rely on whatever you see on the internet before drawing to conclusions because we have a lot of atheist with different websites writing trash just to destroy religion. they can stay in their homes and cook up a story, upload it to their website and circulate it just to cause confusion among Christians.

The Pope said it & even wrote a book about it. Do your research!

You might wanna check out this thread : www.nairaland.com/1109994/pope-benedict-xvi-publishes-biography
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by advocate666: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2012
crackhouse: how are we sure that pope said this? did u hear the pope said that? pls don't rely on whatever you see on the internet before drawing to conclusions because we have a lot of atheist with different websites writing trash just to destroy religion. they can stay in their homes and cook up a story, upload it to their website and circulate it just to cause confusion among Christians.

You can buy the book here and read for yourself.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jesus-Nazareth-The-Infancy-Narratives/dp/0385346409

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by tonyeverready(m): 10:29am On Nov 22, 2012
The truth can't be submerged for too long! The pegan practices shrouded with christainity shall be unveiled with time. Christmas, easter, sunday, forgiveness of sin by a mortal etc mat 15: 1-9 mk 7: 1-13. Be careful not to lay aside the commandments of God for the tradition of men.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by joshuaidibia(m): 10:29am On Nov 22, 2012
cheesy yeeeeee!!! dey hv nw found out dt ts mscalculation. i no blame d guy.hm no gt calculator bk den. bt sir BENNEDICT,wot nxt? u wan rewrite bible?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by jimjones: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2012
seriallink: Some people are just silly; making senseless comments doesn't change what the Pope said! Must you insult people to make a point? Not surprised! That is what you guys resort to when your Church issues are being discussed! It's very clear that Catholics will soon resume killing to defend their Church doctrines grin !!!

Was it not the Catholic Church that brought in Christmas, Easter and other pagan traditions into Christianity? Even when the Pope is admitting that these celebrations have pagan origins, some people are still talking!!! *Smh* BTW, my problem is not even the date/time of Christ's birth but the pagan celebration linked to it!!!

masa relax. you accuse folks of being silly and making senseless comments(not that i'm defending anybody) while being disingenuous, yourself. yes the catholic church introduced pagan traditions to christianity, but where in that post did the pope ever admit that them pointless celebrations are of pagan origin?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by joeluv: 10:36am On Nov 22, 2012
And what is so rong if they where peagan practices, Nigerians and thier I too know, sabi sabi, as long as the peagan where converted what's the issue, u think it was easy converting peeps during that period to Christianity Some people just like spitting shit? How many people hav converted in you life time? Pls give them some credit, if not for them am sure u wld still be worshipping songo!!!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2012
jim jones:

masa, where and when do you get off on all your horseshit? you accuse folks of being silly and making senseless comments(not that i'm defending anybody) while being disingenuous, yourself. yes the catholic church introduced pagan traditions to christianity, but where and when has the pope ever admitted that those pointless celebrations are of pagan origin?

Did you read the article? Smh!!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Sammy107d(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2012
Get into the Pope's mind. Get the first of his books on Jesus here:

http://www./Jesus-of-Nazareth-19313.html

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by jimjones: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2012
seriallink:

Did you read the article? Smh!!

that's a question i should be asking you, masa. but i asked you to, based on that article, point us to the pope's admission that those celebrations are of pagan origin. can you do that?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2012
jim jones:

that's a question i should be asking you, masa. but i asked you to, based on that article, point us to the pope's admission that those celebrations are of pagan origin. can you do that?

It's obvious you did not read the article! Btw, what I wrote up there wasn't for you, so kindly stop quoting me!

**unfollowing**
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by ONESS: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2012
seriallink: Some people are just silly; making senseless comments doesn't change what the Pope said! Must you insult people to make a point? Not surprised! That is what you guys resort to when your Church issues are being discussed! It's very clear that Catholics will soon resume killing to defend their Church doctrines grin !!!

Was it not the Catholic Church that brought in Christmas, Easter and other pagan traditions into Christianity? Even when the Pope is admitting that these celebrations have pagan origins, some people are still talking!!! *Smh* BTW, my problem is not even the date/time of Christ's birth but the pagan celebration linked to it!!!
Christmas and other christian celebrations were put in place of the pagan holidays in those days so that the christians of then and new converts dont get tempted to celebrat with the pagans as they use to celebrate the holiday. so to me this is a way of bulshiting the things of Christ. Christians are not even supposed to celebrate anything called birthday because John the baptist was beheaded during king Herod's birthday, but what would you do as a loyal disciple of Christ Jesus to keep the faith and not let your new converts to stray or backslide. think about it and give me your feed back.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by missblessiN(f): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2012
Why do we(Christians) like putting each other down? It's not cool at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism / Can A Christian Man (marry (two (2))wives? Is It A Sin? / Lack Of Patience Is What Pushes People To Make Money Illegally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.