Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person (1202 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person by nbolu: 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2008
if you were to cook for an underweight person which meal would you cook
Re: What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person by ell77(f): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2008
Are you trying to fatten someone up! ROFLAO! Anyway, some people are naturally slim and may look that way no matter how much you feed them.

The person may even have food intolerances i.e. food that makes them go to toilet as soon as they eat it.

Besides most veg and fruit any food should be able to add weight. but having a good mix of a carb (pasta, eba, rice, fufu, pounded yam etc) and protein (beef, goat, chicken) is best I guess. Vagetables should also be added for necessary nutrients and these are already found in most in soups.

Red meats and dairy are the most fattening as well as fried foods. Too many of these fatty foods can also lead to high blood pressure, food allergies, heart disease, diabetes, liver and kidney problems, osteoarthritis, colon, breast and uterine cancers.

So rethink if you are trying to fatten this person for the sake of being fat as that is not good a balanced healthy meal will make the peson gain weight slowly and gradually to a healthy level and that is better. wink
Re: What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person by TOYOSI20(f): 5:04am On Feb 11, 2008
Foods that are high in fat and carbohydrates, such as rice, pasta, potatoes etc.

And use a lot of oil. wink

1 Like

Re: What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2008
So rethink if you are trying to fatten this person for the sake of being fat as that is not good a balanced healthy meal will make the peson gain weight slowly and gradually to a healthy level and that is better.

True
Re: What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person by covie(f): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2008
any food is appropriate.take lots of food compliments-gnld,foreva living products and the likes and also eat at nights ie from 9pm.it wld increase ur appitite for more food.try it and see!!!!!!!!
Re: What Meal Is Appropriate For An Underweight Person by okwabayi(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2018
If it is something to bulk you up then I recommend any food which is eaten with soup. Try it three times a day and thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

Pumpkin Recipes? / How To Make Doughnuts And Chin Chin (video) / Where Can I Get Coconut Oil In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.