Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today (3014 Views)

Taraba State Governorship Election Tribunal To Deliver Judgement Today.. / Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Ondo Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by lekanolas: 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Members of the Ondo State Election Petitions Tribunal will be inaugurated today in Akure, the state capital, National Mirror has learnt.

It was gathered that the names of members of the tribunal, which are still kept in secret, will be made known during the inauguration ceremony.

Five political parties have filed petitions at the tribunal to challenge the outcome of the October 20, governorship election in the state.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, of the Labour Party (LP) winner of the polls.

The five political parties challenging the victory of Governor Mimiko include the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). Others are the Accord Party (AP) and the Peoples Democratic Change (PDC).
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ondo-election-tribunal-to-be-inaugurated-today/
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by gen2briz(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Let the movie begin
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by jigawatts(m): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Why is PDP going to the tribunals...... I thought they were so happy Mimiko won, they even paid him a congratulatory visit......... Politics sha
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by Khayordhe: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
Lolest lol.....d money wey dem suppose give me naw,dem dey waste am on 1 useless tribunal wey dem go loose at d end of d day

but wait o..,d accord party chairman talk say dem no get candidate naw...why goin 2 tribunal again?,anyway,dem get alot of money wey dem fit waste

i jux can't wait 2 see iroko crushing dem all at d tribunal...mumu set of party sha
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by Mustay(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
The reasons for the tribunal are important to me - just like the Adamawa case where the ACN wanted the court to declare him winner, the parties here (Oke for example) have some of their aims to be declared winner based on the 'irregularities' they saw.

It's just because it's their FHR to contest results we are giving some people contract work to do in this tribunal. The case of AP is laughable especially because of the abracadabra of their candidate. Let the court determine if the so-called irregularities were so material to invalidate the results of the Oct 20 election.

And I'm tired of that "Mimiko won minority votes" thingy - if the guy had only Agagu to contest with last time and now he's got 2 strong + 9 other opponents to contest with, how's the 44% of the votes cast for him a failure

GEJ revealed on the media chat that the Ondo elections were free and fair - his party member say na lie! Make we start the series. . .cool
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by Dreystar(f): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Let the comedy begin! grin
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by wengerjay(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mustay: The reasons for the tribunal are important to me - just like the Adamawa case where the ACN wanted the court to declare him winner, the parties here (Oke for example) have some of their aims to be declared winner based on the 'irregularities' they saw.

It's just because it's their FHR to contest results we are giving some people contract work to do in this tribunal. The case of AP is laughable especially because of the abracadabra of their candidate. Let the court determine if the so-called irregularities were so material to invalidate the results of the Oct 20 election.

And I'm tired of that "Mimiko won minority votes" thingy - if the guy had only Agagu to contest with last time and now he's got 2 strong + 9 other opponents to contest with, how's the 44% of the votes cast for him a failure

GEJ revealed on the media chat that the Ondo elections were free and fair - his party member say na lie! Make we start the series. . .cool
It means Olusola Oke is challenging the ability of Jonathan dat he cld nt even conduct a free and fair election in a state and presidency may see this as an affront.Me believes these pple being lawyers think justice may be perverted to favour them in the long run.And an animal kingdom where a hen is made the judge,the cockroaches there shal know no justice o.But whatever,if the election is repeated hundred times,the incumbent wil stil emerge the winner.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by shyna501: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mimiko d Maradona... PDP in abuja, Labour party in ondo state! Let's sit bak,relax Ä♌ð enjoy d drama!
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by kingingkinging: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mimiko claimed his first tenure on the alter of tribunal/supreme court becuase of irregularities, so let the situation repeat itself now.
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by tutu1: 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nigeria must there be tribunal nawa oh, we just have ban losers and bad leaders lol we dead either ways
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by Blackbody20(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
5 against 1. Lets see maybe he will scape it through.
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by dimeji2009dj(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
jigawatts: Why is PDP going to the tribunals...... I thought they were so happy Mimiko won, they even paid him a congratulatory visit......... Politics sha
siddon look!
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by muredo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mimiko will be shock if salami is reinstated for just 3 month,watch out
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by shyna501: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
tutu1: Nigeria must there be tribunal nawa oh, we just have ban losers and bad leaders lol we dead either ways

When mimiko challenged Agagu's victory some years back, were Ʊ in Togo then?
Re: Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2012

(1) (Reply)

B R E A K I N G- Yet Another B H Attack On Konduga Ongoin / I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi / Ken Saro Wiwa And The Ogoni 9 Executed On This Day In 1995

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.