Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

When Your Boss Is Younger Than You - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Your Boss Is Younger Than You (11626 Views)

7 Sentences You Shouldn't Say To Your Boss - EVER / When Your Boss Refuses To Pay Your Salary? / Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
obi123: oyinbo people are funny , i used to work at a gambling place during my uni years , so mgt brought in one 20yr old boy to be our oga, we were very pissed as some us had worked for years and knew a lot more than he would know, they said he was outspoken, this and that and of course he was British, they were so convinced that he was what the store needed.
so on one faithful day we resumed work ah ah where is oga to open the store ? no show, they called his number, nothing, can you believe that the area mgr now decided to go to his house and the boy was dozing according to his mum, he went out the night b4, he didn't even show face , he sent his mum to give the area mgr the key to the store, of course he never came back .
Well they offered me the position , i accepted it nicely and scrammed 2mths later , me wey don dey find another job tey tey
william hill ? grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by kelmich(m): 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
greatgod2012: Abeg, age is not a barrier, if u apply 4 a job, ur duty is to do it as expected, regardless of who or how old is ur boss, we tend to lay too much emphasis on age, if u are humble, u are humble, if u are arrogant, u are arrogant, dt ur boss is younger than u is not a licence 4 u to be rude, lazy or irresponsible,respect beget respect, if u respect urself by doing d right thing at d right time, u will be respected, even by ur boss, so, in a nutshell, if ur boss is younger than u, respect yourself, and u will also be respected.
greatgod2012: Abeg, age is not a barrier, if u apply 4 a job, ur duty is to do it as expected, regardless of who or how old is ur boss, we tend to lay too much emphasis on age, if u are humble, u are humble, if u are arrogant, u are arrogant, dt ur boss is younger than u is not a licence 4 u to be rude, lazy or irresponsible,respect beget respect, if u respect urself by doing d right thing at d right time, u will be respected, even by ur boss, so, in a nutshell, if ur boss is younger than u, respect yourself, and u will also be respected.
GBAM!!!
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by SisiKill1: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Joan Johnson: I won't even take the job @ d first place cuz he/she might get me upset and dat aspect of the age will come into my mind, and i might end up getting fired.
If age had anything to being boss, obviously you would be boss to a younger person, yes? Since you aren't, that means age does not come into the equation. . .so why on earth would you want to make it an issue? Do what is required of you and no one would have to do something that might upset you (which I am certain you mean correcting you or telling you you are doing a shitty job)

Nigerians just like to use their ages to get away with crap. You have an adult doing something so obviously senseless yet a younger person isn't allowed to correct them because of his age. If people were allowed to call others out on their nonsense, regardless of the caller and callee's age. . .our country won't be in the sorry state it is today.

Don't criticize the President for his non-action in combating murderers, he is old enough to be your father.

Don't Criticize the Pastors for fleecing the poor, they are older than you.

Don't criticize the uneducated teacher teaching you nonsense, she is older than your mother.

Jeedus!!

6 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by obi123: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
obadiah777: william hill ? grin

no quicksilver
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Abali1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
I am priviledged to have had people who are far older work or working for me. It's all about understanding, I don't insult them and I don't allow them to insult me.

As a young person having older men work for you, all you need to do is to show them empathy. It is circumstances that made it so.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Catchfire1: 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
::Andrew:::

I wonder why some scrupulous elements ignore their primary anticident of coming
to Nairaland and engage in feckless reparations.

4 YOUR MIND NAH, U DON TALK angry

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Sijo01(f): 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
All my bosses are older than me but soooooo many that my position is higher than are faaarrr older than me. Addressing them by their names is just too heavy for me to pronounce... So i call the youth Bros, the women, mama or aunty while i adress the men according to their tribes; Ibo (igew), yoruba (egbon), bini (epa) ishan (owahen) etc.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by cnwamo(m): 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
I'm 24 turning 25 by jan7 and I work as a nurse in JB clinic been working there for 3years now and I'm opportuned to have many people below me especially elderly ones. I dont dare call any of them by name rather I add oga or madam or mrs cos I feel very uncomfortable calling the person by name buh when it comes to work I expect 100% from dem all any of them that misbehaves I don't waste time to let them know that I'm higher in cadre to them. Some senior subordinates have used age before as an excuse to try and misbehave with me and after I dealt with them things changed
grin
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Exponental(m): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
So what? If it's all about age, why not die now.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Sijo01(f): 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
::Andrew:::

I wonder why some scrupulous elements ignore their primary anticident of coming
to Nairaland and engage in feckless reparations.

sombori help me wit a dictionary, plzzzz.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by fairygeh(f): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
If u dont feel comfy about it,then would u rather remain jobless?though it is human for us to feel somehow but then it doesnt matter.He/she is the boss and just assume ur not respectng his/her person but the office she holds.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Revolva(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
As long as the Bowse no over step him/her boundary unless I go give am smack down 2012
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
What the phuck does age have to do in Business. If I employ you and you feels am too young for you to respect then sack yourself from work.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Thermythorpe(f): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Abujafood: Who cares, as long as he doesn't overstep his boundaries like asking me to go and do his laundry or one silly errand that has nothing to do with my job! He dare not raise his hands against me, or else, Gidigbo or sparring match will follow!
u wan fight ur boss ?? .... Ur job don finish be dat.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by rodeo0070(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
obadiah777: definitely would not work for a black boss who was younger then me. tufia
So if u H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ a company, all your workers must be younger than you?
What if you H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ older staff as junior and you are made a superior officer in a department?
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by chreldb(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
Only senseless arrogant human beings take such nonsense into consideration. Productivity and job or business promotion is all about skill, performance, experience and intelligence. If not the president would have been the oldest man in the country, governor oldest man in the state e.t.c. Silly way of thinking. Those are the kind of people they term enemies of progress angry, the same category of people who will see four young boys with a bright future and kill them for no reason just because they know they will inevitably do far better than they will ever do in life. Infact this is an ALUU mentality. angry angry

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Builder: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
obi123: oyinbo people are funny , i used to work at a gambling place during my uni years , so mgt brought in one 20yr old boy to be our oga, we were very pissed as some us had worked for years and knew a lot more than he would know, they said he was outspoken, this and that and of course he was British, they were so convinced that he was what the store needed.
so on one faithful day we resumed work ah ah where is oga to open the store ? no show, they called his number, nothing, can you believe that the area mgr now decided to go to his house and the boy was dozing according to his mum, he went out the night b4, he didn't even show face , he sent his mum to give the area mgr the key to the store, of course he never came back .
Well they offered me the position , i accepted it nicely and scrammed 2mths later , me wey don dey find another job tey tey

And the moral of the story is......

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by segunojas(m): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nothing bad about that afterall life is all about oppurtunity.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Joan Johnson: I won't even take the job @ d first place cuz he/she might get me upset and dat aspect of the age will come into my mind, and i might end up getting fired.
Hunger never mama you
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by rodeo0070(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
Builder:

And the moral of the story is......
I tire o...
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by KDULAR: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
No biggie, necessity will teach to take it as it is.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by mastersr95(m): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
naiko: i had a similar experience some years back,where i supervised 31 people in a team.i was brought in mid way into a project.you need to see the attitudes but with God i was able to complete the project with them.one of my tactics then was to accord them maximum respect,when i have to take decisions base on the job i give them the opportunity to make suggestions why i remind them that every decisions from 'them' will be final,i ran an open regime while gave the chance to work with less supervision.

That makes alot of sense
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by aieromon(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Age shouldnt be considered in place of professional experience and skill. I have been fortunate to supervise people older than me and its all about providing effective leadership to your subordinates.

Anybody that feels inferior and threatened by your age is a phucking d!ckhead,IMHO
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
see dis one, unemployment hunger never catch u b4!
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by adonis019(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
u wont take the job if na CBN or speacial adviser to governor nko.i trust u hun cuz ur daddy dey work for CBN.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Emmy9ite(m): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Looking at it from a microscopic and periscopic view. Yea, why not? The thing is, i won't let him/her intimidate me. I will do my work judiciously and earn my respect from him.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by hagma37yahoocom: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Kslib:
na wa oh!! Why you no use pidgin write??
com'on thou its funny but sometimes u can omit words that u v already say to ursef in a sentence wen typin my guy it hapen
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by hagma37yahoocom: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Kslib:
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Kslib(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:

com'on thou its funny but sometimes u can omit words that u v already say to ursef in a sentence wen typin my guy it hapen
yes oh my bros.. It hapen well well....

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
The nature and style of the boss (and your own too) will determine whether you will enjoy the working relationship or not.

In my former place of work, our Head of Dept was just 32 years and we had managers (and supervisors, even officers sef) of 40 plus under him, but he was a friendly guy and everyone enjoyed working with him.

Here too, in the biggest unit within our department, their oga is 31 years old and he is only older than 1 person in his 7-man unit, every other member of his team is oder than him. But na oyinbo sha, so easy to work it. They have good working relationship.

Personally, never experienced it, but I don't have a problem with working with a boss younger than I am. It will only motivate me to set a target for myself too.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by searay2(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
::Garri:::

first to comment
are you for real?
@Topic: if my boss is younger than myself and she's female, na bonus, I'll love her and I do whatever she'll say and even the one she will not say, infact I'll do other domestic jobs like washing plates, cloths, cooking etc for her. Infact I'll be going to the market for her. Indeed I like working under a female boss and I... I.. I... I... I...
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by JustME7(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
Kslib:
lol. Guy u bad o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Vacancies Nationwide from 2016 / Signal Alliance Limited : Interview Process, Work Conditions & Salary / More Teachers Wanted Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.