Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate (20099 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) (2) (3) (4)

More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by LailaIkeji1: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
The Presidency on Wednesday asked the Senate to increase the N1, 305, 292, 050 set aside in the 2013 budget for refreshment and meals and other miscellaneous expenses in the State House.

A breakdown of the Miscellaneous sub-head in the Presidential Villa’s budget shows that N203,752,432 was allocated for refreshment and meals; N107,412,768 would be spent on honorarium and sitting allowance while N37, 277,825 will be for publicity and advertisement.

The State House Permanent Secretary, Emmanuel Ogbile, who appeared before the Senator Dahiru Kuta-led Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs, defended the N14, 715,566,104 budget for next year.

Mr Ogbile said other expenses that were being taken care of in the refreshment and meals vote, which he said include National Economic Council (NEC), Council of State, conferences in the Banquet Hall, Presidential retreats, National Merit Award, Children’s Day as well as hosting of dignitaries.

He also gave a further breakdown of the 2013 State House budget as thus, Medical expenses (N50,308,546); Postage and courier services (N10,035,583); Welfare packages (N195,066,223); Subscription to professional bodies (N4,589,793); and Sporting activities (N32,910,730).

According to the Permanent Secretary, Overtime will gulp, N250,455,589; Feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic (N30,584,144); Summit/ Extra ordinary sessions including the UN, African Union, ECOWAS, etc (N228,112,862); and NYSC, IT, LOCUM, Housemanship and contract staff allowance (N144,788,555).

Mr Ogbile said: “I have taken pains to explain that this money is not just to fund the residence of the President and that of the Vice President. The experience I have had is that this fund is grossly insufficient. It is not even enough.”

The Permanent Secretary noted that “it is also from the budget of N1.305 billion that we take care of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) which holds every Wednesday.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_tzi5UYcc

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/22/we-need-more-money-for-food-in-aso-rock-presidency-tells-senate/?utm_campaign=Gmg&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by freebloke: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mi nor get wahala 4 dat one.. Mai yown na make dem make provision 4 plenti shoes so dat "pipl" wey nor get am b4 go come get am plenti so we nor go hia dsame tory again... Mayb the nxt "pipl" go tel us sey "dem" nor wia "drouse" go farm... Make una dey ready 4 dat one...
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by degamonn: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
Tax payers' money buys everything for him that is why he makes harsh economic policies that are not in favour of common man.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by dominique(f): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
All these figures I'm seeing are giving me a headache. You want to increase una feeding allowance for budget abi? Hope you don't choke on your fish peppersoup.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by bigx(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
C hai!!! Who'd vote me for president na? I need chop these non-fattening billions o, e be like na all dis cheap Garri I de chop de make me fat like ball. embarassed
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Freiburger(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
lol at title of the topic. grin

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by redcliff: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
the N350m they apportioned for PRESIDENTIAL PETS, they should first of all scrap that before thinking of asking for more money for food. i mean, why should there be 'presidential pets'. the pet belongs to the president and he should be responsible for feeding his animals not us. Long throats.

22 Likes

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . cry

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by MadCow1: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2012

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by winta2007(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
If the thing vex you 2much contest for 2015 pure!

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Demdem(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
That food will choke u all to death. Rubbish.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Freiburger(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Demdem: That food will choke u all to death. Rubbish.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Adanyebe(m): 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
AND WE .... WE NEED ONLY GARRI

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by SlyIg(f): 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
If two meals a day could cost this much,how about if the president do eat three times a day like me. That mean Naija money for enter voice mail by now.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by yuzedo: 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
ƪoƪ! These people don't sha have fear of God in their hearts or respect for the masses ni... I dey smile! angry

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by lifestyle1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
WTF shocked

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by bridgebaby: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
...when we are still looking for what will help the common man reduce the price of "Garr!"

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by obi123: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic (N30,584,144)

what does this even mean
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Did i hear him say that amount is not even enough? Chai this is political robbery,why wouldn't he ask for more,when GEJ's son alone can consume a truck load of food in a day,no wonder he looks like an inflated balloon. Mtcheeew.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Freiburger(m): 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Over 200mill for refreshment and meals grin grin grin
Thought they were eating only cassava bread.
How many staff does the Aso Rock employs?

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by 2sexy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
[size=20pt]THOSE WHO VOTED THEM HIM IN, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSED? PEOPLE HAVE EYES BUT CANT SEE, THEY HAVE HEAD BUT CANT THINK. COME NEXT ELECTION NIGERIANS WILL SELL THEIR SOULS YET THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SAME GOVERNMENT THEY SOLD IT TO[/size]

23 Likes

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by yohannazack(m): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
Laf want kill me o
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by taharqa: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wasnt this EXACT topic on dis same frontpage yterday or d day b4? The purpose of d 1st post (empty complaints galore) was not achieved sufficiency perhaps, d Mod chose to ressurate it again? Dont tell me there is no oda Propaganda material out there....anyways, let d circus show begin
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
WTF??!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

I thought he said he ate light? Two Times a Day? shocked shocked
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by lafuria1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
4.5 million as subscription to proffesional bodies? i dont understand. pple pay certain amout to professional bodies monthly or yearly but surely not expensive to amout to 4.5m a year assuming GEJ, sambo, dame and amina belong to 2 professional bodies. apart from this four persons, all others should pay from their salary. well this naija..
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by SlyIg(f): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
2sexy: [size=20pt]THOSE WHO VOTED THEM HIM IN, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSED? PEOPLE HAVE EYES BUT CANT SEE, THEY HEAD BUT CANT THINK. COME NEXT ELECTION NIGERIAN WILL SELL THEIR SOULS YET THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SAME GOVERNMENT THEY SOLD IT TO[/size]
Ask how much the ex president have been eating before you say this.

And by d way,you should be commenting in the romance section but not here in politics.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by 2sexy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
SlyIg:
Ask how much the ex president have been eating before you say this.

And by d way,you should be commenting in the romance section but not here in politics.
Okay... And I hope you dont complain about any situation that does not favour you now or in the future. spits
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
which one be sitting allowance again...i pity the plumber wey dey aso rock,them shyte go dey smell well well
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
Some dey yofa, some dey suffer but 1 day, 1 day the two go kpai ii. (Sound Sultan - Koleyewon)
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by lafuria1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
taharqa: Wasnt this EXACT topic on dis same frontpage yterday or d day b4? The purpose of d 1st post (empty complaints galore) was not achieved sufficiency perhaps, d Mod chose to ressurate it again? Dont tell me there is no oda Propaganda material out there....anyways, let d circus show begin
their demand for more money isnt a conjectures from the media. so what is the propaganda here? if you dont like the presidency been critized, the best thing is to avoid thread like this and move on.

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by ejifranks(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
That Fine Potbellied Black Boy in the centre needs more food... grin grin grin grin

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Pakavy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
funny!

Gov. Fashola Hands Over New Area ‘c’ Police Command In Surulere / Lauretta Onochie: 'Buhari Has Killed God-Fatherism In APC' / You Can’t Defect To APC With Our Mandate, PDP Tells Matawalle, Others