Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders (31564 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
My peeps. How una dey?

I have been playing around starting a sort of reality show here on Nairaland for a while now. I have sent the brief to the experts and it has been fine-tuned. grin

Here we go:

Idea

Get a volunteer - someone that believes his/her marriage is a model of a good marriage. The person will keep an online journal of their day to day activities in their home, leaving personal info out of course.

Focus will be on how they handle challenges, decision making, managing biz/work with family life, handling kids (if any), fun time, romance e.t.c.

Purpose:

- The aim is for people to learn
- See how couples live in real life (not fairy tale)
- Also entertain us.

In summary, it is for people to read, learn and get entertained.

Modalities

2 Categories

A: get a volunteer (a popular married and responsible NLander) that is bold enough and willing to share openly. Everyone will know who this person is. But of course, personal details will be left out. No real names will be used.

OR

B: Get a volunteer that everyone will know is a NLander, but the person's ID will be unknown.

We could run both.

Updates

- Updates will be posted episode by episode every other day or on a weekly basis (most likely weekly).
- All updates will be done by the moderators at about the same time weekly.

Questions/Interactions

- Users are allowed to comment and ask questions.
- Thread will be opened for 48 hours to allow for comments before the next update.
- Thread will be regulated carefully and sternly with bans (zero tolerance to trolls and railway workers grin.

Response to comments and questions

- The main cast will be allowed to respond to comments and questions if a separate thread is created for this purpose (not decided yet).
- If there is no separate thread, questions will be compiled and response will be posted along with the next update.
- Main cast can also ask questions he/she wants Nlanders to respond to through this process.

I don't know how practical this is. If it will work, I will need your support.

What do y'all think?

More Info

Programme will be divided into seasons. Each season will run for 4 weeks with at least 12 episodes after which we go on break.

The next season will resume with the same family or a new one depending on the interest of the family to continue.

Two shows can run concurrently.

A peek into what a typical episode will contain:

Ideas
A: Recording of major events and mile stone for a period of time: celebrations, fights, achievements in sequential order especially those with a message. It will be broken down into episodes and updated.

B: Day to day runs skipping most of the uneventful part. Documenting the fun part and those with something to learn. It will start from the most recent happening to present day and continue from there.

Couples are allowed to decide what will work for them.

OUTLINE

- Narration will be done in drama style
- Narration will be done majorly by the main cast with inputs from spouse and may be children (if grown up). Any member of the family may be interviewed separately by the moderator if/when the need arises.
- Each episode will have a theme

First Episode

Introduction of cast (pictures if allowed)
Background Info
Action begins – title of episode
Body - Each episode will have a sort of message that goes with the theme
Interlude (kindly place commercial here) grin
More Drama

….Lights out….

Still working on it. What do u guys think?

2 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
People can nominate people they believe fit the description of our ideal character.

Nominations

Male
Frieburger (nominated by OP)
Analytical (by OP)
Siena (Op, Efemena)
TV01 (OP, Jenny)
Oyinbogoju (OP)
Jaybee (nominated by Gboliwe, Debosky, CC)
Coogar (nominated by CC)
Debosky (Odunnu, naijababe)
Serubawon (CC)
JohnDoe (CC, Efemena, Ify, Aigboma)
bjcole (by jidegirl12)
Jurus (by Odunnu)
Lastpage (by Ify)
Rudysmith (Jidegirl, Ify, Odunnu, Efe)
Zayhal (Ify) not sure if male or female
Manmustwac (Ify)
Acidtalk (Jidegirl)

Female
Aigboma (Ify, Jidegirl)
Jidegirl (bjcole)
Ronkebp (OP, Efemena)
Debrief08 (OP)
JennyKadry (Op)
Chaircover (OP, Julesbloom, Ify)
Naijababe (OP)
Efemena_xy (OP, Jidegirl)
FeminineA (OP)
Ileobatojo (OP, Efemena)
Ujujoan (OP)
FTmum (nominated by CC)
Ifyalways (nominated by CC, Vicky, naijababe)
Mrs.Chima (G.James)
Greatgod (Jidegirl)

These are the names that have surfaced so far. I hope any of them will be willing to take up the challenge. wink

Interest
Sienna (confirmed)
Dominique (Pending)
Naijababe (confirmed)
Jarus (confirmed)
Rudysmith

Requirement: The main cast will be selected mainly by interest and nomination.

Follow the show here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1114121/nairaland-online-reality-family-show

2 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by dominique(f): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sounds interesting

Subscribing
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thanks.

Are u volunteering? Without the main cast, show can't begin.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Serubawon would have been a good candidate too, but he isn't married yet. wink
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Coogar? Is he married?

And CC, are u taking up the offer? so that I can peg you down for season 1 cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Gboliwe: 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
For the men include Jay bee
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ok dear.

Could u guys get their attention here, pls?

Thanks
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
>>>

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
chaircover: I am almost certain that coogar is married lipsrsealed

errrrrrrrmmmmm I am not sure . . . . . sorry my comprehension skills are not all that so i need to go back and read very very "S L O W L E Y" what you need the volunteers to do embarassed embarassed embarassed

PS I sent you a PM

I haven't gotten the mail. I hope the PM thingy is not acting up again. I will include Coogar then.

MBJ wouldn't be a bad idea with his numerous baby mamas. grin

What do u think CC? tongue
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Gboliwe: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Please for my eyes sake don't include Sagamite embarassed
and he isn't married yet cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gboliwe: Please for my eyes sake don't include Sagamite embarassed
and he isn't married yet cheesy

lol. Why did u say that?

It's for the married anyways. cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
@ CC

I added some points for clarity.

I'm yet to get that mail.

Mail me directly: tgirl4real @ymail.com
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by bjcole(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
I m not against ur idea o, it is until when we see it, that i really can comment. I dnt knw d criteria u used in arriving @ those names, as a moderator, i dont think it is fair 4 u nominate people & some of d names u mentioned have postedsome comments that are unbecoming of a married person. This is a family section 4 God sake, D yrs of experience shd be d 1st criteria & anybody wit less than 15-20 yrs married life is not qualified. That is my thought
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
bjcole: I m not against ur idea o, it is until when we see it, that i really can comment. I dnt knw d criteria u used in arriving @ those names, as a moderator, i dont think it is fair 4 u nominate people & some of d names u mentioned have posted some comments that are unbecoming of a married person. This is a family section 4 God sake, D yrs of experience shd be d 1st criteria & anybody wit less than 15-20 yrs married life is qualified. That is my thought

Good suggestion. But how do u know those that have been married for that length of time?

How are u sure their marriages are also a good model?

Would they be willing to participate?

You need to know the idea is about everyday living and how they manage their marriage. It's not about perfection or experience.

I nominated people based on what they have claimed here. I don't know any of them outside NL, so how would I have judged other than through the eye of the forum.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
I will need to settle down and understand this.
My boring life reality ke? Make I read well first, when I leave kolo office people, can you imagine hiring a whole caterer, haba as them plan for me, they called a caterer who had food ready by 2, came with swallow and different rice on my head oh. Their own time go come sha
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
debrief08: I will need to settle down and understand this.
My boring life reality ke? Make I read well first, when I leave kolo office people, can you imagine hiring a whole caterer, haba as them plan for me, they called a caterer who had food ready by 2, came with swallow and different rice on my head oh. Their own time go come sha

lol.

Their time will surely come.

Read and digest. Will expect ur response.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by GJames(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mrs Chima
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
G.James:
Mrs Chima

What is wrong with Mrs.Chima? undecided grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by GJames(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
I nominate her
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by bjcole(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
ok Tgirl 4real, i understand, 2 really get someone of those experience could be difficult. But some f those ladies u ve there, its all about ur marriage is not going fine, u r being abused, pack out, its better 2 be alive than stay there, that always their advice here & some guys there wil say things, they cant accept 4rm wives, is that what u want singles & newly married 2 start copying. I ve wanted 2 close my NL id becos of some f their comments. let people nominate & we judge them

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
ifyalways should be included too lipsrsealed
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by dominique(f): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
Tgirl4real: Thanks.

Are u volunteering? Without the main cast, show can't begin.

Woulda loved to but my commitment level to threads like this is pretty low embarassed embarassed

When does it start?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
bjcole: ok Tgirl 4real, i understand, 2 really get someone of those experience could be difficult. But some f those ladies u ve there, its all about ur marriage is not going fine, u r being abused, pack out, its better 2 be alive than stay there, that always their advice here & some guys there wil say things, they cant accept 4rm wives, is that what u want singles & newly married 2 start copying. I ve wanted 2 close my NL id becos of some f their comments. let people nominate & we judge them

Don't be discouraged my dear. You have to learn to sift and have a mind of your own. Pick what is best for u and throw the rest out. This is a public forum.

It's an opportunity for everyone that have claimed to be in a good marriage to show practical examples. Because they say this or that doesn't mean their marriages aren't working. Let's just wait and see...
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
dominique:

Woulda loved to but my commitment level to threads like this is pretty low embarassed embarassed

When does it start?

As soon as we get someone.

It won't require much of your time as I will be making the updates myself. All you need do is get enough episodes ready b4 we kick off. This will give u some space between episodes.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
G.James:
I nominate her

Ok. I was wondering.

~vicky~:
ifyalways should be included too lipsrsealed

Ok
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by serubawon(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
Tgirl4real: Serubawon would have been a good candidate too, but he isn't married yet. wink
angry Traitor. So, my years of experience don't count abi?

@CC. Thanks for the vote of confidence jare. At least some people appreciate me. grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
I don show!
Who is talking of 15- 20yrs of marriage? We are majorly young newly weds here abeg. If one can survive the first 3yrs of marriage, there's a very high probability he/she will have a successful marriage. I am talking from experience councelling. tongue
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
Reading thru again, I think Bjcole isnt getting the idea yet.
Its not about giving advices here, its about sharing your day to day activities as a married man/woman.
If you went out with your spouse, if you had any misunderstanding, how you resolved it, how that because Chelsea won he refused to eat his favorite meal and how you got him to do. Regular day to day 'boring' but entertaing details.

2 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thanks Odunnu. I know u got my back. tongue

serubawon:
angry Traitor. So, my years of experience don't count abi?

@CC. Thanks for the vote of confidence jare. At least some people appreciate me. grin

Hahahahaha grin

No worries. U qualify. U will be d first to go sef. tongue

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Odunnu: Reading thru again, I think Bjcole isnt getting the idea yet.
Its not about giving advices here, its about sharing your day to day activities as a married man/woman.
If you went out with your spouse, if you had any misunderstanding, how you resolved it, how that because Chelsea won he refused to eat his favorite meal and how you got him to do. Regular day to day 'boring' but entertaing details.

Like diary? Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / How Much Does A Packet Of Disposable Diaper Cost In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.