Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,525 members, 7,801,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose (5005 Views)

EFCC re-arraigns Dokpesi over alleged N2.1bn fraud / EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / EFCC Re-arraigns Timipre Sylva For N2.45bn Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2012

Ayo Fayose

By Wilson Uwujaren- Ag. Head, Media & Publicity

The Economic and Financial crimes Commission, EFCC, on Thursday November 22, 2012 re-arraigned a former governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayo Fayose over a N416, 138, 360.75 ( Four Hundred and Sixteen Million, One Hundred and Thirty Eight Thousand, Three Hundred and Sixty Naira, Seventy-Five Kobo) scam.

He was docked on a 27 count amended charge before Justice Adamu Hobon of the Federal High Court, Ado Ekiti. He pleaded not guilty to the charges which border on conversion of public funds for personal use and abuse of office while he held sway as governor of Ekiti state. Fayose's re-arraignment was sequel to the transfer of Justice Emmanuel Obile who had been the trial judge.

EFCC’s counsel, Adebisi Adeniyi told the court that the accused was on bail and that he was not going to challenge that. Counsel to Fayose, Owoseni Ajayi had sought to stall the re-arraignment by opposing the appearance of Adeniyi as EFCC counsel on the grounds that the fiat to prosecute the case was given to Rotimi Jacobs and not Adeniyi. He also told the court that the fiat was not transferable and so the prosecution had no counsel in court. However Adeniyi told the court to dismiss the submission of Ajayi on the grounds that the case was an EFCC case and that EFCC was statutorily empowered to prosecute its cases. "This is a case that was initiated by EFCC. EFCC has power to initiate and prosecute. Having been briefed by the EFCC which is empowered by the Money Laundering Act, I do not need to come to court to show my letter of authorization" Adeniyi told the court.

Justice Hobon ruled that the defence's counsel objection lacked merit and that Adeniyi could hold brief for the EFCC.

Fayose was first arraigned in 2007 at the Federal High Court Lagos for allegedly misappropriating huge amount of the state funds when he held sway at governor of Ekiti State. He later challenged the jurisdiction of the court on the grounds that the alleged offence was not committed in Lagos but Ekiti State.

The matter was then re-assigned to the Federal High Court, Ado-Ekiti division.

Justice Hobon has adjourned proceedings to January 24, 2013.
Source

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by ijigbamigb(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
Look at the foolish marijuana smoker (Ayo Fayose) that is planning to contest again hardworking Technocrat(Dr. John Fayemi)
He should also be charged to court for the assassination of Ayo Daramola. IDIOT

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by k2039: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Symptoms of a failed state,a case has been in court since 2007 and it has just be adjourned till 2013(7years).Only God knows when the judjment will be delivered and I wont be surprised if he is not found guilty,our judiciary is just a camouflage for corrupt politicians

I weep for my country,worst still he wants to run for senate in 2015.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by seanet01: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
ijigbamigb: Look at the foolish marijuana smoker (Ayo Fayose) that is planning to contest again hardworking Technocrat(Dr. John Fayemi)
He should also be charged to court for the assassination of Ayo Daramola. IDIOT
Maximum Prison straight. He must be jailed. That rogue
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Clerverly: 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ayo Fayose and EFCC are Padi Padi ( apologies to Aitel). Nothing will come out of this road show. It will die off just like the cases of Orji Kalu, Igbinedion, Alao Akala, Chimaraoke Nnamani, Peter Odili, Patience Jonathan, Gbenga Daniel, Joshua Darie, and other celebrated, decorated and sermonized cases.
Ours is a failed State, the ealier we accept it and ignore the so called EFCC and their Newspaper convictions, the better for our BPs. I don sign off for today!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Clerverly: 8:53am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by jobaskia(m): 9:23am On Nov 23, 2012
Are we really democratic? Not at all. It's all gibberish we hear all the time.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by PaulJohn1: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2012
Frankly, I don't know why Fayoshe is still roaming about, the guy is a confirmed fugitive.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by 80million1: 10:37am On Nov 23, 2012
Best Governor of the year

*City People Awards*

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Melancholy(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2012
Until EFCC become independent and have their seperate court, they will continue to be servant to the politicians.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by badesco(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2012
Fayose will surely go to jail because he had bitten more than what he can chew. OBJ will surely make sure he ends up in the Gulag like bode George.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by rbjimoh: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2012
A man was caught with $120000 stolen fund in the US recently, and was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment after conviction. The law was particularly hard on him because he held public office and breached the trust he held. Conversely, in our dear country Nigeria, cases of stealing of public funds by office holders are treated as sundary misdemeanour. Nigeria is irredeemably doomed!
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Alexmania: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2012
U cn cal him wateva u wish. nt witstandin, he is stil d best governor ekiti heard wen u r talkin about d welfare of d workers.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by labamo07(m): 11:42am On Nov 23, 2012
Who is fooling who........we are know the govt is playing us a season film... Film wey no get director, actors kan plenty like shit...... Chai everything in Nigeria is a comedy
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by ijigbamigb(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
Alexmania: U cn cal him wateva u wish. nt witstandin, he is stil d best governor ekiti heard wen u r talkin about d welfare of d workers.

Probably, you are an ekiti man living in the Red Sea. Fayose is a criminal, he pay workers promptly does not erase his record as a criminal. I was in his IFAKI rally in 2005 when he gave that late youth the last kick (the guy had earlier received severe beating from his aides for calling fayose a thief) that killed him. Only for Fayose to claim he did it in self-defense when he was charged to court.

Also mention one road that Fayose constructed that is still Functional today (the road to his hometown ARE-AFAO precisely).

NOTE: I AM NOT AN EKITI MAN.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by just4sola: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
ijigbamigb:

Probably, you are an ekiti man living in the Red Sea. Fayose is a criminal, he pay workers promptly does not erase his record as a criminal. I was in his IFAKI rally in 2005 when he gave that late youth the last kick (the guy had earlier received severe beating from his aides for calling fayose a thief) that killed him. Only for Fayose to claim he did it in self-defense when he was charged to court.

Also mention one road that Fayose constructed that is still Functional today (the road to his hometown ARE-AFAO precisely).

Thank you for taking them Fayose's boy boy down the memory lane. its amazing how quickly people forget things.
well am from Ekiti unlike ijigbamigb, and i can confirm to the whole house that Ayo Fayose is BAD BAD news, he went AWOL all by himself leaving the state without a governor etc. He must pay for all his crime against our people. I honestly believe he over reached himself by the greedy Senate 2015 move. He stole money before why not do it again, perfect country(Nigeria) for crimes unpunished.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by ghettodreamz(m): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
I was even expecting to see Billions, so it's just Millions. So what happens to those looting billions? undecided

Naija sha... OGA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by salolo(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Can EFCC prosecute this man?
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Hardfact: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Another wild goose chase?
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by slap1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
No be the same EFCC and the same Naija courts? Abegi!
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by pipeewa(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
We argue everyday. We talk and talk now and then. We are full of actions on paper with nothing to show for it. If we are tired of the situation in Nigeria when are we goin to stand up and say no. We sidon dey look and claim some are not doing it well. Let this forum stand for a change today and see what we can achieve United. stand against injustice, corruption in high places, make our leaders acccountable to us in all endeavours of life in naija. If it could be done in singapore. It can be done anywherelese. Am sure we are not pushed to the wall yet. Stand today for what you believe.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by blacksta(m): 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Anybody that thinks any positive will come out of this , na bast4rd and af00l
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
blacksta: Anybody that thinks any positive will come out of this , na bast4rd and af00l

True.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by TableLeg(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
#80million:
Best Governor of the year

*City People Awards*
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by greatgod2012(f): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
Naija pple will not stop to amaze me,since 2007; na wa for EFCC.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by sundaybam(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who can tell me a governor in nigeria that does not involve in corruption.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by TableLeg(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
sundaybam: Who can tell me a governor in nigeria that does not involve in corruption.
Till you learn how to write/construct a sentence properly, no one should tell you anything!
Olodo
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose by Alexmania: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2012
ijigbamigb:

it is d order of d day in 9ja coruptn is notin new 2 anybdy, even if he shuld loot d state fund, @least in 1 aspect of goverance he stastified some pple (ki la o je ni agba ki la o se). Dis case dat jst came up was been pushd b his political oponent jst bcuz he nuture d ambition 4 gubernitoria seat come 2015. Y did'nt dey raise d issue rite b4 nw

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Reply From Efcc Twitter Handle / ANN Presidential Candidate,Olawepo Hashim Discusses Party's Controversy / Amotekun Logo Designed By A Nairalander Adecool123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.