Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,012 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? (3250 Views)

Pls, How Can I Get The Contact For This Packaged Stock Fish. / How Effective Is Nigeria's NIPOST Parcel Post Ventures Currently? / How Effective Is Nipost Postal Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by BE811APP: 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
Just Wandering....How many people have used d contact us button or asked Question abut a company and u get replied

I have asked Certain Questions on some websites..and I never get replies..Meanwhile there's no Contact no. On them..

The Question is, is the button 4 "Shako" as in a decorating button that makes d site complete?

Do dos emails really exist??

Are there ppl to do d replying and they don't do their work

Lately it has taking Liberty reserve and profit Clicking longer days to reply.....

Pls Share ur Views and let's know d importance of dis Button..
Cheers!!!
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by qplus(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
No need to comment
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by Techwriter: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
Very effective. Most of the clients we promote online can testify that the contact us page has been very useful as they have received mails and calls through them. With a good SEO strategy, the page can rank high on search engines making an enquirer to bump into it immediately for further enquiries. I advise hwever that the contacts should be on almost every page of the website but the contact should have the form and more numbers if more exist.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by teeluv(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
not effective in the least.. im sure they just put it there for fun...
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by anonimi: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
Where is the "Contact Us" button for Nairaland located

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by Abujafood: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
It's effective, ask hotels and car rental companies that source most of their clients online!
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
anonimi: Where is the "Contact Us" button for Nairaland located

You go look for button tire. Na jail all of us dey so.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by antontech(m): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
For theones hv used,they were very effective.My own website is also effective.
Some people forget or don't know hw to activate email forwading at their control panel.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by nex(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
I use it all the time. However, the contact forms on most sites are not tended to. I used the one on Tolu Oniru's site, and haven't got a reply since. I prefer to copy an email address or phone number off the "Contact Us" page, though sometimes, that may also prove worthless. Last night, I copied the email addresses off the "Contact Us" page of the Federal Radio Corporation Nigeria (FRCN) website, and I sent them a mail, this morning, 2 Mailer Daemon inbox.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by harper7: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
Most of the mails sent through contact us forms are never replied. The phone numbers also placed in most of the contact pages on majority of Nigerian websites are either phone numbers that do not exist, or numbers that will not get picked up on ring. Organizations should realize that website contact pages are very important, to access additional information. If you do not want to be contacted, simply do not add a contact page to your website.
www.nigerianewsnetwork.com
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by Guchis(f): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
Quite effective, it has helped me a great deal.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by CohenJane: 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
even the phone numbers no dey work ... you dey talk of 'contact us'.

na only banks own dey work
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by CohenJane: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
Guchis: Quite effective, it has helped me a great deal.

definately not those in nigeria
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
qplus: No need to comment
why
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by Twy: 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
I will say it depends on the country, then the type of question. Some countries are more adept at promoting E-commerce and electronic customer support and believe it is cheaper for both parties to talk customers via email and will gladly at a rate of 100% reply a customer and maybe slightly less for a potential customer. IN many of those cases, there is a customer service representative who knows the protocol or kind of answers to give and their is a customer service manager. However, in Nigeria, e-commerce has a lot of ways to go especially for the medium to small scale business, a lot of emails are just there for 'demo' especially for the one man and secretary firms, even if you want to buy goods you have a better chance at showing up at their office. IN my interaction with small/medium scale businesses, the percentage is around 50% but the only issue is that it can take days to answer, which likely indicates that the one man oga business, is not really delegated, unless the oga is email proficient and answers emails, you may have to wait until the oga vets the reply and sometimes, he is old school and claims they are scammers.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by occam(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
It's only effective as the website owner wants it to be. If you put "Contact Me" on your site and don't reply potential customers' emails or call back, then it's useless. In fact, customer may believe you're not a serious business if you don't get back.

Always reply to "Contact me" requests within a reasonable time frame (I'll say 24 hrs). You never know, the person asking to speak with you may turn out to be the customer that helps your business grow.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by kaysy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
Mehn... this is an interesting topic

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by naijacutee(f): 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2012
Speaking from the other side as someone who runs a website, I don't use a "Contact Us" form for support. Rather, I advertise a phone number, and if I am not available to answer, my colleague answers on my behalf, and takes the callers phone number. We will find the answer and always call customers back within 24 hours. The e-mail address we advertise, we usually respond within 12 hours. It doesn't always happen that way, but we meet up for most customers.
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by BE811APP: 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Thanks 4. D Contribution.....
It helped!!!!
Re: How Effective Is The 'Contact Us' Button On Websites? by mcdokwe(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
very effective, we reply mails and call numbers filled on www.mylaptops.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Best Barbing Salon In Lagos State - DEESTINCT / Is The Utility Bill Really Necessary? / Attached is the Feasibility Study For Haulage: Is It Rip Off? N.B Dump Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.