Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming (9243 Views)

Farmers To Earn N101bn Annually From Perishable Cargo / “I Make N2m Annually From Maize Farming” – 70 Year Old Man / Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by Hardfact: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
Yes of course. Who said farming does not pay? Cross your i's dot your t's, you should be fine, but for a few knocks here and there.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by inwangobio(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
a.A.K:
My plans for next year by Gods grace. I make a lot from poultry already and in order to cut down on cost of feeding I am going into crops.I wish our youth can see dis nigeria will be a better place.
yea my bro, i dey feel you dear. am also into poultry and i want to go into crop too. Mine is not so much because it is part time kind of. But i intend expanding it by God's grace. Thanks for your prayers in the other thread.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by ayobase(m): 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
honeric01: My new mission after i am through with this current mission

Going to Edo state to start cassave/Maize biz.

5 acres should do justice to this plan of mine cool

Papa you talk true, none of us wan plant food but all of us wan chop food.

Let me know when you wanna embark on the project.
Im serious!
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by taharqa: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2012

Does this current mission involve throwing of knock-outs in d NE
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by delejames(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
Im presently in my finals in the University,and i intend going into farming after school.Instead of walking the whole street of Nigeria,searching for a white collar job that will not come.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by victorian(f): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
i have a friend at illupeju who is into barbecue chicken. The man is married with kids, all his 4kids are in private school, he opened a big supermart for his wife, he has built 2 houses. He has a car, and all this one through barbecue.. He barbecues his chicken so well, that u cant help but buy most times.. Our youth these days are so lazy upstairs, to think of something creative is a huge task.. i simply shake my head... there is no easy way to sucess o... there is always a price to pay, either being successfully through Gods way or the devils way... no easy way out, at all.

1 Like

Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by Horlawoomey(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
Am a Civil Engineering student HND 1 precisely, but i so much have passion for crop production and by God's grace am going to invest in that after school aside my Engineering proffesion. I think this is the right time Nigerian youth should put their destiny into their hand and stop looking for overcrowded white collar job that is not available. AM GOING BACK TO FARM.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by lucabrasi(m): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
almajiri101: @Op what are you insinuating?...that we should forget our career and go to farming, I don't believe in this obj idea,do you think going back to farming will solve our problems? Don't you think revolution is the best answer to all these probs,...going back to farming is like adding salt to injury
so you r too clean for farming then? the same vocation even public school educated blue bloods are involved in abroad with pride..i hope you have a goodwhite collar job or else at the rate of unemployment nigeria is going I'm sorry to say unless you have a godfather foreign degree or an incredible stroke of luck its garri and ground nut o

1 Like

Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by day4(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
I 'm not surprise to this man's acheivement. it is normal if u hav capital and farmland wit d aide of new agrochemical technology. the only thing is government is not ready surppot youth because if want to apply for loan you must have worthy collatera unlike countries like Mxico. Currently i have 5 actres of cassava i want to save money to buy Tractor and some other machineries.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by lagcity(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2012

You won't regret this decision, trust me.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by koolg: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
day4: I 'm not surprise to this man's acheivement. it is normal if u hav capital and farmland wit d aide of new agrochemical technology. the only thing is government is not ready surppot youth because if want to apply for loan you must have worthy collatera unlike countries like Mxico. Currently i have 5 actres of cassava i want to save money to buy Tractor and some other machineries.

You are even lucky you already have a land, is it every fresh graduate that has land to farm?
Apart from all the propaganda, Wat readily accessible support is govt offering to youths that wish to farm
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by femu(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
koolg:

You are even lucky you already have a land, is it every fresh graduate that has land to farm?
Apart from all the propaganda, Wat readily accessible support is govt offering to youths that wish to farm

You can rent land easily from Government settlements and also from individuals. The rental is also cheaper than a BB phone. No excuses
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by fm7070: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
Government is not making farming attractive to Nigerian youth. Not at all
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by Rick9(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
i love farming and i hope to be a farmer someday when i am through with school.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by wizb: 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
emilyone: with this great revelation i just hope kidnappers wont be on a look out for this old papa and his family

Lol! cheesy
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by Buchika: 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
day4: I 'm not surprise to this man's acheivement. it is normal if u hav capital and farmland wit d aide of new agrochemical technology. the only thing is government is not ready surppot youth because if want to apply for loan you must have worthy collatera unlike countries like Mxico. Currently i have 5 actres of cassava i want to save money to buy Tractor and some other machineries.
can i have your email add i want to ask some question. I am into cassava also and i have 6 ha but am crying right now cos am losing a lot. I need some insight and to compare notes
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by OXYZ: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
work for long hour both mentally and physically, please , I am begging dont embrace farming you will be frustated out.I'm talking from experience.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by OXYZ: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
Farming is cool and lucrative and is a business that requires passion for you to be successful.A farmer is a planner, strategian and a labourer.Anyone who cannot work for long hours both mentally and physically, should please , forget farming or else he would be frustated out of it.I'm talking from experience.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by LOZENGE(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2012
a.A.K:
My plans for next year by Gods grace. I make a lot from poultry already and in order to cut down on cost of feeding I am going into crops.I wish our youth can see dis nigeria will be a better place.
i ve alwaysx ve the intension of going in poultry bt dnt ve ideai of the biz durin my nysc i applied fr the nde agric programme bt was neva called i will appreciate it if u can help me out. thankls in anticipation fr ur help.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by ytdivine(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2012
Cows and goats are enemies of farming. They can clear all that you have invested in the farming bussiness.
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by femu(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
ytdivine: Cows and goats are enemies of farming. They can clear all that you have invested in the farming bussiness.

You're very correct. A smart farmer assesses all threats before investing.These are:

Theft
Flooding
Drought
Diseases
Pests
Glut
Re: 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming by tuzinde(m): 6:19am On Mar 06, 2013
True talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

PLR: Free eBooks, Blog Articles, Landing Page Templates, Video Courses, Software / How Can One Be An Indomie Noodles Distributor In Lagos / ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.