Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting (22200 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
Of course, I had heard all the media hype about P-Square's "Alingo", but I still hadn't mustered the time to watch it. Besides, I don't always sit in front of the TV to soak media garbage.

That said, I had the opportunity to do so as I waited in a friend's living room uesterday. That was when "Alingo" by P-Square came up.

Nice, I think. I mean, it's been quite a while since I saw those nigglets dance. However, I have this to say: why do Peter and Paul always copy tunes?

As I listened to "Alingo", a point came in the song where I felt the urge to scream in Chuddy-K's voice "mo ni who's in d garden? A sexy fine girl/ can I come and see her?/ no no no no..." And you know why? The Alingo chorus thingy sounds a lot like "dance like sunita, sunita.." In Chuddy-K's "Go gaga". Damn.

If you were intuitive enough, you'd have noticed that "Alingo" was a barely disguised word for "azonto". So P-square were in essence killing two birds with one stone: copying Azonto and Chuddy-K without appearing to do so.

If this were the first time these lads were doing this, I wouldn't have been writing this. In "Omoge mi", we see the niggers totally twist the classic "unbreak my heart" in the way they know best.

Well, I wish them good luck. I'm not saying they aren't awesome. God, no. Those boys make me proud to be Nigerian. But there should be a point where they say "Shout out to Chuddy-k! He was d inspiration behind this..." Or some bullshit like that.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com

24 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dopeJemi: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
God bLess u 4 dis

I mean, wtf z ALingo, adondo, wingo
angry
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
@dopeJemi, exactly! I sat through it all, swapping puzzled face after puzzled face. I ran out of puzzled faces.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dopeJemi: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
u know, I don't bLame dem

Dey've gat deir own studio so dey can sing crap wenever dey want 2
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Caseless: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
Na TIMAYA's 'shake ur bum-bum' dem steal kind of....

8 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Caseless: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
adjain: @dopeJemi, exactly! I sat through it all, swapping puzzled face after puzzled face. I ran out of puzzled faces.
oya , take one 'puzzled face' since u have no puzzled face left.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Caseless: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
dopeJemi:

I mean, wtf z ALingo, adondo, wingo
angry
garbage!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by mikuz(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2012
Psquare have been feeding us with crap ever since they dropped their 'danger' album.

3 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by drchinchek: 2:45am On Nov 25, 2012
Okay, next!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by kenbee(f): 2:48am On Nov 25, 2012
I see nothing here than bad belle & the usual nairaland bring him down act.

23 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by sambussie(m): 2:50am On Nov 25, 2012
They r truely kings of copy & mix.

They don't Wanna b left out in dis azonto era.
But no matter †ђз nonsense they sing, 9ja pple go rush am.
I luv dem "businesswise" sha
*Ama yoruba boy wth ibo sense* grin

7 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by sambussie(m): 2:53am On Nov 25, 2012
kenbee: I see nothing here than bad belle & the usual nairaland bring him down act.
I don't thnk u'v hrd or. Watched. †ђз song yo.
Hw can azonto dance turn 2 alingo overnyt? shocked

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by chino24: 2:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Psquare is the best and brightest in Africa, the African Usher..

Other Nigerian singers are just kpamgolo..

8 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by malele(m): 3:05am On Nov 25, 2012
I only listen to tuface, he is a matured singer

9 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by strangest(m): 3:17am On Nov 25, 2012
@OP, you watched the video at your friend's house( am not insinuating that you dont have a tv but you still referred to these big boys as "nigglet"wink? haha... these guys rocks, copy or not... if e resemble Panadol, it is not panadol... if their song resemble Timaya, its not Timaya... Did you watch the dance moves at all? these boys are just good at what they do... EOD

12 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 25, 2012
why do people just criticize without thinking? Don't you know nothing is new under the sun, energy can never be created, dont you know, all dance styles are re-invented from somewhere else?

8 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by tkovie2002(m): 3:33am On Nov 25, 2012
Go and listen to Timaya's "Shake your bumbum". Then you will know exactly where they copied alingo from. Even Timaya knows this. Fans were tweeting it the day P Square released the Alingo song and Timaya was busy retweeting his fans without saying a word. These guys should try to be original.

5 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by BlackPikiN(m): 3:41am On Nov 25, 2012
Hahaha, p square enemies go fail!
Ever since they dropped that ingrate, there have been so much abuse from a section of Nigerians. We know una.

The video as usual is getting the real views on YouTube.

Stop hating.

5 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 25, 2012
If u have paid attention over the years, here are a few more songs u might have noticed they stole as well: wahala dey - eminem without me, am I still that perfect man - craig david renzdevous, get bizzy - usher yeah

3 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by basher(m): 3:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Ehn?!!! So dem be tif?

I nefa hear d song b4 o! But nor worry. Wein I go club next time, I go carri koboko follow bodi. Woe betide anybodi wein I catch dey dance d song. O Jesu! I go sotay koboko dia bodi eh! Mtchew! Nor carri mi play o! Na the Basher dey yarn so.

...Abi e get any oda ting wein u wan make i do, after all ur 'ard work analysing, deciphering and criticising the "alingo"?

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 25, 2012
chino24: Psquare is the best and brightest in Africa, the African Usher..

Other Nigerian singers are just kpamgolo..

Its obvious u're defending them just becos of ur tribe.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by miqos02(m): 4:14am On Nov 25, 2012
basher: Ehn?!!! So dem be tif?

I nefa hear d song b4 o! But nor worry. Wein I go club next time, I go carri koboko follow bodi. Woe betide anybodi wein I catch dey dance d song. O Jesu! I go sotay koboko dia bodi eh! Mtchew! Nor carri mi play o! Na the Basher dey yarn so.

...Abi e get any oda ting wein u wan make i do, after all ur 'ard work analysing, deciphering and criticising the "alingo"?
bros na latin english u dey speak?

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by speeder(m): 4:20am On Nov 25, 2012
sambussie:
Hw can azonto dance turn 2 alingo overnyt? shocked
I have seen yahooze and alanta danced in vedeo other dan d originally video. So whats d big deal?
U should be proud they copied, thats if they did from Nigeria pops. It shows Nigeria produce good things worth copying from.
I know u would have been praising them if they copied weezy or bruno mars.
Or are u just criticizing just cos they're P-Square?
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: Of course, I had heard all the media hype about P-Square's "Alingo", but I still hadn't mustered the time to watch it. Besides, I don't always sit in front of the TV to soak media garbage.

That said, I had the opportunity to do so as I waited in a friend's living room uesterday. That was when "Alingo" by P-Square came up.

Nice, I think. I mean, it's been quite a while since I saw those nigglets dance. However, I have this to say: why do Peter and Paul always copy tunes?

As I listened to "Alingo", a point came in the song where I felt the urge to scream in Chuddy-K's voice "mo ni who's in d garden? A sexy fine girl/ can I come and see her?/ no no no no..." And you know why? The Alingo chorus thingy sounds a lot like "dance like sunita, sunita.." In Chuddy-K's "Go gaga". Damn.

If you were intuitive enough, you'd have noticed that "Alingo" was a barely disguised word for "azonto". So P-square were in essence killing two birds with one stone: copying Azonto and Chuddy-K without appearing to do so.

If this were the first time these lads were doing this, I wouldn't have been writing this. In "Omoge mi", we see the niggers totally twist the classic "unbreak my heart" in the way they know best.

Well, I wish them good luck. I'm not saying they aren't awesome. God, no. Those boys make me proud to be Nigerian. But there should be a point where they say "Shout out to Chuddy-k! He was d inspiration behind this..." Or some bullshit like that.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com

Bless you bro! I'm a fan because of their beautiful onyinye song "the original not the remix with that fatass dirty akata dude with bre ast bigger than my ex's" truth be told, they copy aaaaaa lllllloooooot. Few days ago I saw the video on a friends Facebook page and said just about the same thing and nigga got mad. This alingaa, alingo or whatever meaningless crap it is is just pure copy of azonto the Ghana song.

Nope I'm not a hater I am just being honest, I can't hate on em why? Because they've got nothing that I can't afford right at this moment. Please someone need to advice them smiley

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by ektbear: 4:56am On Nov 25, 2012
They are notorious copycats.

But...despite this, their music is really popular. Not just in Nigeria, but in Africa more generally.

At the end of the day, results are all that matter.

And they are delivering results.

5 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by eaglechild: 5:01am On Nov 25, 2012
When a song sounds like 3 other songs all at the same time as people claim - chuddy k, Timaya, azonto etc.
Then the song has become original!
No need for the beef, every music has its target audience.

3 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 25, 2012
OP, your post reeks of bias. Nigglets, media garbage... symptoms of bad belle.

With that said, sure, their song sounds familiar to others, particularly Timaya's "Shake Your Bum". That doesn't take away their talent though. They're fantastic dancers, entertainers, performers, etc. They may not have the best voices, but they have branded themselves excellently. They also have some of the best music videos. I'm willing to overlook their tendency to sound like others, just as other fans are. Their mother just passed, yet they both have children on the way, a fantastic video for "Alingo", and continue to rack up awards and respect around the world. They're resilient. Upcoming artists can learn a lot from them.

5 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by hermosa(f): 5:14am On Nov 25, 2012
Truth is artist are contantly copying each other. They arent the first and they won't be the last. Stop hatin, Start apprectin'. grin

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 25, 2012
hermosa: Truth is artist are contantly copying each other. They arent the first and they won't be the last. Stop hatin, Start apprectin'. grin

Yes, this too lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.