Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting (22186 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by onatisi(m): 8:24am On Nov 25, 2012
if u are a liar ,master it.
if you are a dancer ,dance well
if you are a singer ,sing well
if you are a copycat,copy well
i think psquare have mastered their art very well it has now even become some sort of talent.if they are copying ,as long as they do it well there is nothing bad. ayefele also copies ppls music and songs at least to around 90% and he has been successful at it ,if copying other ppls songs is easy let other artistes try it and see ,they will tell it isnt easy i believe it takes a genius to copy someone song and turn it into a goldmine .
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 8:24am On Nov 25, 2012
Abagworo:

My guy there's something called dignity in arts including music.You can sell 10million albums like Vanilla Ice or Mc Hammer but you can't get respect. P-square is doing great and are probably wealthy but 2face is a young living legend. Timaya only did one classic album and that's "Dem Mama" but 2face keeps dropping classics. Listen to "Rain drops" and connect the lyrics to 2face real life experience and advice to other young men to zip up or face same experience. You can listen to many of his songs that touch your particular mood of the time.

So brother forget about sales and youtube views and appreciate contents and longevity. Only two Nigerian songs are African classics of this era; 2face "African Queen" and Flavour's "Nwa Baby"(Which is a remix of an older classic).

if you dey release album and nobody dey buy am, what does it mean?…2face dey release album, but nobody dey buy am(only few).…that means people no like am, cos na wetin you like you go buy.

Wealth or money is the indicator that is used to know a successful musician.…just like Jay z and Diddy are the richest musicians in America, cos they were successful.

every album that psquare dropped sold millions of copies, that shows that people like their song , thats why they bought it.…Psquare owns a private jet, and are the only musician in africa that can afford it, cos they are successful.

please try and undertand my point

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Mentcee(m): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: If u have paid attention over the years, here are a few more songs u might have noticed they stole as well: wahala dey - eminem without me, am I still that perfect man - craig david renzdevous, get bizzy - usher yeah

Thanks bro! A few more will suffice: Busy body was copied from sean paul's give me the light; last night copied from from Foxy Brown's oh baby (take u home); temptation copied from cassidy (take you to my room) and could go on and on and on! Give one PS song and I'd give u the original! They are copy cats! I don't mind being called a hater!

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2012
mercurie:

I wud love 2 tell u 2 keep mute.
TU FACE is a mature and cute singer

Women and sentiments all the time…because you dream about 2face and wish he marry's you, doesnt mean your allowed to post rubbish on this topic.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by wasiudvd(m): 8:37am On Nov 25, 2012
If P-square like make dem buy private planet and live dia, as far 4 me o, they copy, this is not the first time sef. Although dey r not the only one sha.
If u like say na hate, or say cos of tribe. Wat we r saying here will nt stop dem from copying again, it is in dia DNA.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Abagworo(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

if you dey release album and nobody dey buy am, what does it mean?…2face dey release album, but nobody dey buy am(only few).…that means people no like am, cos na wetin you like you go buy.

Wealth or money is the indicator that is used to know a successful musician.…just like Jay z and Diddy are the richest musicians in America, cos they were successful.

every album that psquare dropped sold millions of copies, that shows that people like their song , thats why they bought it.…Psquare owns a private jet, and are the only musician in africa that can afford it, cos they are successful.

please try and undertand my point

Even when it comes to sales, what makes you believe that 2face does not sell more? All 2face albums are still selling till today. Even the one released 7 years ago. 2face might have sold more albums but the statistics is out of my reach and I don't believe in "beer palor" or "Okada riders" talk without evidence.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by nex(m): 8:48am On Nov 25, 2012
Well, PSquare have been copying for a very long time now. They started by copying foreign music, then J Martin came to their rescue, but after he kicked off his own career, he's kept all his songs to himself. Then they acquired May D, but the terms and conditions were too rugged. They wanted the boy's music for themselves, without giving him due credit, or even adequate pay. It didn't quite work out right.

Now that they have lots of shows and concerts outside the country, and they are making lots of money from that, they cannot continue copying foreign artist's music, so they have now fallen on the local acts. It's a shame that Timaya won't speak up. He's the only one, alone with his label, who can file an official complaint. Anyway, the next thing they will do now is to start asking upcoming artists to submit demos, then...you know the rest.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 8:49am On Nov 25, 2012
Abagworo:

Even when it comes to sales, what makes you believe that 2face does not sell more? All 2face albums are still selling till today. Even the one released 7 years ago. 2face might have sold more albums but the statistics is out of my reach and I don't believe in "beer palor" or "Okada riders" talk without evidence.

please stop talking rubbish!!…when was the last time you bought 2face album.

can 2face buy a ferrari, let alone a private jet.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 8:51am On Nov 25, 2012
nex: Well, PSquare have been copying for a very long time now. They started by copying foreign music, then J Martin came to their rescue, but after he kicked off his own career, he's kept all his songs to himself. Then they acquired May D, but the terms and conditions were too rugged. They wanted the boy's music for themselves, without giving him due credit, or even adequate pay. It didn't quite work out right.

Now that they have lots of shows and concerts outside the country, and they are making lots of money from that, they cannot continue copying foreign artist's music, so they have now fallen on the local acts. It's a shame that Timaya won't speak up. He's the only one, alone with his label, who can file an official complaint. Anyway, the next thing they will do now is to start asking upcoming artists to submit demos, then...you know the rest.

Your a hater. your envious of their success
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Abagworo(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

Meanwhile information I got says 2face is more popular on youtube. I've bought every 2face album till date but I'd like you to visit this link.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/03/20/over-200-million-views-the-top-15-nigerian-artistes-of-youtube-but-whos-on-top-naeto-c-m-i-banky-w-2face-don-jazzy-find-out/
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nuzo1(m): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2012
I thought the duo could have done better with Alingo song given the finacial and human resourses at their disposal.

That being said, the video brought the song into perspective. It was so professional and international.

Psquare once again showed why they've always been at the top.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Dat is why i luv ghana music so much, well compose dey dont copy, our music industry is just too bad, naija wit copy copy, dance we go copy, music na copy wetin dey happen to naija self, enter ghana every old man and woman all know how to dance one step to show has a ghana, but naija we copy from here and there to form ours. Naija need God so much,
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 8:58am On Nov 25, 2012
wasiudvd: If P-square like make dem buy private planet and live dia, as far 4 me o, they copy, this is not the first time sef. Although dey r not the only one sha.
If u like say na hate, or say cos of tribe. Wat we r saying here will nt stop dem from copying again, it is in dia DNA.

You for tell us say na the private jet wey dem buy dey pain you…bad belle!!!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Caseless: 8:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Abagworo:

"Rain drops"
may GOD bless u! Can there be somethin richer in content than that song in africa again? Sometimes, i wonder how his mood was like when he was doing that song in the studio...u cud jst connect the lyrics with his state of mind at that point in time. 2baba na legend!

Dont waste ur tym correcting some people...they can't jst differentiate btw 'good' and 'wealthy'. Nas is better than jay-z rapwise, but jay-z is richer. Jadakiss rap better than soldierboy, but soldierboy is richer.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by onatisi(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

my brother as much as i would not like to dabble into ur arguement with someone i must say tht ur points are wrong,ppl have different tastes and the mere fact someone doesnt buy a ferrrari or jet doesnt make him poor.secondly not everyone likes to publise his or her own wealth ,so even if 2fce owns a private ranch ,and hotels in the carribean,it is not a must that he must prove it to u and i.thirdly the buying of private jet cannot be used as a measure of someones wealth,most of these jets are sold on credit with installmental payments on them after a down payment of certain percentage.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by onatisi(m): 9:04am On Nov 25, 2012
ABU GEORGE: Dat is why i luv ghana music so much, well compose dey dont copy, our music industry is just too bad, naija wit copy copy, dance we go copy, music na copy wetin dey happen to naija self, enter ghana every old man and woman all know how to dance one step to show has a ghana, but naija we copy from here and there to form ours. Naija need God so much,
how did u come about this assumption of urs?do u live here in ghana?jezz,i cant believe what i just read.well keep giving nigerians over hype stories about ghana nd ghanians
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 25, 2012
[size=18pt] I haven't
heard the song yet but with
what am hearing i doubt if i will ever hear it. well as for those of you hating. Why not sing yours.
P Square still remain my No 1 in Naija
[/size]
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by naijathings(m): 9:09am On Nov 25, 2012
even your fav rapper is the worst swagger jacker i have ever seen and funny thing is.. he is a multi platinum selling artist.
his name is Sean Carter A.K.A Jay-Z.
you need to listen to camron's diss songs to know what i am takin about.
But i still like Jay just and Psquare the same way.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2012
Abagworo:

Meanwhile information I got says 2face is more popular on youtube. I've bought every 2face album till date but I'd like you to visit this link.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/03/20/over-200-million-views-the-top-15-nigerian-artistes-of-youtube-but-whos-on-top-naeto-c-m-i-banky-w-2face-don-jazzy-find-out/

you dont need to bring this fake news here.

Hope your phone get youtube? if it does, then check 2face "african queen" and psquare "beautiful onyinye" and see how many views they have
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2012
Abagworo:

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Caseless: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2012
adicious: same thing on my mind.....
u think am.....
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

Hope your phone get youtube? if it does, then check 2face "african queen" and psquare "beautiful onyinye" and see how many views they have
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2012
onatisi:
my brother as much as i would not like to dabble into ur arguement with someone i must say tht ur points are wrong,ppl have different tastes and the mere fact someone doesnt buy a ferrrari or jet doesnt make him poor.secondly not everyone likes to publise his or her own wealth ,so even if 2fce owns a private ranch ,and hotels in the carribean,it is not a must that he must prove it to u and i.thirdly the buying of private jet cannot be used as a measure of someones wealth,most of these jets are sold on credit with installmental payments on them after a down payment of certain percentage.

Okay
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Afam4eva(m): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2012
As long as P Square does not copy a song verbatim then i have no problems with that. As if most instrumental used in the NIgerian music industry don't all sound alike.

Psquare remains the most most consisten musicians in the past 10 years. They've always been relevant because the release hits after hits. They're the biggest thing to happen to Nigerian music. The only thing that 2 face has above them is just that legendary status. Not that Psquare are not legends in their own right but 2face is the most respected artist in NIgeria.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 9:20am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

MI and Ice prince dey copy Kanye west style...What of Wizkid wey dey copy sean kingston...Da grin when he was alive ,dey copy 50cent. what of Banky W ,wey copy Rihana's "umbrella" and convert am to "Ebuta meta"…the list is endless , i can go on and on.

you bad belle people , said its Timaya's "shake bum bum" & "sexy ladies", that psquare copied. And now your saying its chudyk

You haters, are suprised that all the musicians that started with psquare don fade and psquare is still making it.

if psquare dey do copy copy, then why did universal music group sign them.

Psquare can never fade, cos they no get one pattern. some musicians don imitate dbanj, 2face, nigga raw, wizkid etc but you cant imitate psquare , cos their style no get one pattern.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2012
afam4eva: As long as P Square does not copy a song verbatim then i have no problems with that. As if most instrumental used in the NIgerian music industry don't all sound alike.

Psquare remains the most most consisten musicians in the past 10 years. They've always been relevant because the release hits after hits. They're the biggest thing to happen to Nigerian music. The only thing that 2 face has above them is just that legendary status. Not that Psquare are not legends in their own right but 2face is the most respected artist in NIgeria.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by ace1(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

Your a hater. your envious of their success

All ur post on this thread just shows how intelligent you are.

Tuface and P Square aren't even in the d same book not 2 talk of been on d same page. Tuface is an artiste, P Square are business men.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Abagworo(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

You must be a village man. We are not talking about individual songs. We mean cumulative. Bellanaija is a trusted blog okay. I cannot start adding every 2face view on youtube but rely on a blog that has taken time out to do that. Anyway there shouldn't be that comparison if you did not mention 2face. Here in Port Harcourt where I live, 2face is far more popular than P-Square. The most popular is Duncan Mighty. I presume you live in a rural community or something.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by crisycent: 9:27am On Nov 25, 2012
I don't think p-square are talented....i just see them as lucky. All their songs are never original, it has either been done by one foreign artist and they change the words to pidgin english or igbo language and boom, its a hit!!!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2012
crisycent: I don't think p-square are talented....i just see them as lucky. All their songs are never original, it has either been done by one foreign artist and they change the words to pidgin english or igbo language and boom, its a hit!!!
Do you know what luck is? These guys have been relevant since they sang "senor rita" till date and in your deluded mind you think it's luck that has carried them for a decade.

2 Likes

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by rman: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin
truelove.com:

Women and sentiments all the time…because you dream about 2face and wish he marry's you, doesnt mean your allowed to post rubbish on this topic.

grin
truelove.com:

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by roughneck: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2012
Listen to terryg's so high and u'll be dancing to timaya's sexy ladies.. this happens all d time, just enjoy d muic..and forget 2baba na d baba oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.