Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting (22191 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Parisfran(f): 9:44am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

if you dey release album and nobody dey buy am, what does it mean?…2face dey release album, but nobody dey buy am(only few).…that means people no like am, cos na wetin you like you go buy.

Wealth or money is the indicator that is used to know a successful musician.…just like Jay z and Diddy are the richest musicians in America, cos they were successful.

every album that psquare dropped sold millions of copies, that shows that people like their song , thats why they bought it.…Psquare owns a private jet, and are the only musician in africa that can afford it, cos they are successful.

please try and undertand my point
psquare live on AIT said they leased that jet
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by rman: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2012
The OP is just stating the obvious.

Why call him a hater?

By the way, P-square makes the best musical videos in Nigeria.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by ChiSun27(m): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2012
mikuz: Psquare have been feeding us with crap ever since they dropped their 'danger' album.

u well @ all? I taya 4 u ooooo!!!!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by stunna2(m): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2012
it took me the first 5 to 10 seconds to recognize that they made a remix of Timaya's Bum Bum song and made a Hi-Def video of it, period! i have been listening to timaya's version from a mixtape i got back in africa without knowing who the artist was...and only just saw the very poorly made Official Video from Timaya a few minutes ago!

P Square should have collaborated with timaya to do a remix rather than do it without him and use their money to make a better Video...

at the end of the day, money talks and bulshiiit works is the way life always is sometimes!

if some of us with money hear approached timaya to help make a great video to his original version and popularized it...it would have been real hard for anyone to rip-it off so blatantly and so easily!

stay blessed everyone

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by cantell(m): 10:28am On Nov 25, 2012
inurmind:

Its obvious u're defending them just becos of ur tribe.
And you're also criticizing them because of their tribe.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 25, 2012
Please stop criticizing Psquare, copying or not the guys are talented.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by hotwax: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2012
They were copier right from their start. Do you remember raymond usher "yeah". They stole it, and made it "to the left, to the right". They even stole the dance too.

They are always running in the shadow of usher. They are not original like dbanj and tuface.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Abagworo(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2012
Talking about "Alingo", "Sexy ladies", "Take Banana" their tunes seem to be rooted in Wizkid's "Wiz Party" and Davido's "Dami Duro".

Terry G produced those Timaya's songs, so the beats are Terry G's beats. Its just like the " Free Madness" beats which he used earlier for his clients Ditty blaq.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by truelovecom: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2012
Abagworo:

You must be a village man. We are not talking about individual songs. We mean cumulative. Bellanaija is a trusted blog okay. I cannot start adding every 2face view on youtube but rely on a blog that has taken time out to do that. Anyway there shouldn't be that comparison if you did not mention 2face. Here in Port Harcourt where I live, 2face is far more popular than P-Square. The most popular is Duncan Mighty. I presume you live in a rural community or something.

Dont be foolish . african queen is 2face best song . but you cant compare it to psquare's recent "beautiful onyinye"

So universal music group, konvict music and millionns of psquare's fans in london, cape town , johanesborg, major cities in africa, europe and america etc are now village boys/girls abi?…so you think PH is more developed than capetown or london. guy you must be a novist. or do you think they only have fans in nigeria.

check the youtube link here… Psquare "beautiful onyinye"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly2H2zp56k4&desktop_uri=%2fwatch%3fv%3Dly2H2zp56k4&gl=GB it has 7,884, 314 views and 18,737likes.

2face "african queen" http://m.youtube.com/watch?index=13&list=PL77F2FD90648CC429&feature=plpp_video&v=zIjSDUcM06g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzIjSDUcM06g%26list%3DPL77F2FD90648CC429%26index%3D13%26feature%3Dplpp_video&gl=GB it has 1,980, 350 views and 2321likes.

from your name Abagworo, it shows your from aba or you've been living in aba, before you moved to PH. Everybody in nigeria and outside nigeria, knows that Aba is a local place. Thats why your mentatlity is too local

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by cantell(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2012
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by topmostg: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2012
Usin tha beat of 'no one like u' for ugly onyinye. I no blame them. All what's comin 4rm them these days are premium 'crap'
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Chimeluv(f): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2012
They have been copying for so long their album sells cos of their popularity not because of their lyrics their business ventures keeps the money flowing cos piracy won't allow album sales to give them the kind of money they have now, just hope they don't end up copying from their previous albums....
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by chmod777: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2012
Well, we have freedom of opinions, but to be fair to them, they are the mostly played African musicians in Europe. I do not know about the UK but am sure of mainland Europe and the Scandinavia
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by rman: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2012
Is truelove.com Peter or Paul Okoye?
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by swaggie(m): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

Dont be foolish . african queen is 2face best song . but you cant compare it to psquare's recent "beautiful onyinye"

So universal music group, konvict music and millionns of psquare's fans in london, cape town , johanesborg, major cities in africa, europe and america etc are now village boys/girls abi?…so you think PH is more developed than capetown or london. guy you must be a novist. or do you think they only have fans in nigeria.

check the youtube link here… Psquare "beautiful onyinye"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly2H2zp56k4&desktop_uri=%2fwatch%3fv%3Dly2H2zp56k4&gl=GB it has 7,884, 314 views and 18,737likes.

2face "african queen" http://m.youtube.com/watch?index=13&list=PL77F2FD90648CC429&feature=plpp_video&v=zIjSDUcM06g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzIjSDUcM06g%26list%3DPL77F2FD90648CC429%26index%3D13%26feature%3Dplpp_video&gl=GB it has 1,980, 350 views and 2321likes.

from your name Abagworo, it shows your from aba or you've been living in aba, before you moved to PH. Everybody in nigeria and outside nigeria, knows that Aba is a local place. Thats why your mentatlity is too local
guy, p-square's "beautiful onyinye "is f*#k'd'...the beat sounds like that of their old song "no one like u"...but the video was good tho.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by wasiudvd(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2012
@ truelove.com, i dey envy the private jet dey bought right? Mtcheew!
Even if they acquire public jet, it does not stop them from being who they are (copycats). They are jst goood @ doing it.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by GoodDREAMS(m): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2012
I thought there is a word that says, "You don't have to reinvent the wheel?". If people love it, and its good and their fan say wow, i think thats okay. Is there any musician that doesn't copy a thing? See, you forgot that most of these singers sing in English, is that not a copied language?
Well i got your point, truly some people would want them to be more unique because they want to be really proud of them without someone having a defence against them as to why they are not bomb. But you see, Nigerians dont care how original it is, they care about how it makes them dance azonto or shout.
Yet, Its a point though, but i think they are OK even though i am not among their big fan.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: Of course, I had heard all the media hype about P-Square's "Alingo", but I still hadn't mustered the time to watch it. Besides, I don't always sit in front of the TV to soak media garbage.

That said, I had the opportunity to do so as I waited in a friend's living room uesterday. That was when "Alingo" by P-Square came up.

Nice, I think. I mean, it's been quite a while since I saw those nigglets dance. However, I have this to say: why do Peter and Paul always copy tunes?

As I listened to "Alingo", a point came in the song where I felt the urge to scream in Chuddy-K's voice "mo ni who's in d garden? A sexy fine girl/ can I come and see her?/ no no no no..." And you know why? The Alingo chorus thingy sounds a lot like "dance like sunita, sunita.." In Chuddy-K's "Go gaga". Damn.

If you were intuitive enough, you'd have noticed that "Alingo" was a barely disguised word for "azonto". So P-square were in essence killing two birds with one stone: copying Azonto and Chuddy-K without appearing to do so.

If this were the first time these lads were doing this, I wouldn't have been writing this. In "Omoge mi", we see the niggers totally twist the classic "unbreak my heart" in the way they know best.

Well, I wish them good luck. I'm not saying they aren't awesome. God, no. Those boys make me proud to be Nigerian. But there should be a point where they say "Shout out to Chuddy-k! He was d inspiration behind this..." Or some bullshit like that.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com

dafuq did I just read? undecided

BY THE WAY BRO... YOU SUCCEEDED IN SAYING NOTHING, YOU JUST SOUND EXTREEMLY JEALOUS!!! NIGLETS? YOU WATCH TOO MUCH BOODOCKS REETARD undecided
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2012
Yea, they copy bt they do it so well. If u knw much abt music, u'll know dat great artists draw inspiration from others.
Ds chaps are good in wat they do. Watchd them build their career in gwagz. Great guy dat paul.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2012
I CANT'T HELP BUT LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!! SEE BEEF!! EVERYONE HERE THATS CRITICIZING THESE GUYS HABA!!! SPEND MORE TIME DEVELOPING YOUR LIFE!!! THESE GUYS COULD HAVE BEEN NOBODIES BAKING BREAD IN THEIR DAD'S BAKERY BUT INSTEAD THEY DECIDED TO BRAVE IT UP AND STRIVE TO SUCCEED WITH THEIR TALENT!! ANYWAY IT SHOWS THESE GUYS HAVE REALLY BLOWN UP BIG TYME SINCE I CAN READ SOO MANY JEALOUS, ANGRY FRUSTRATE PEOPLE HERE.. LIKE TUFACE SAID IF NOT ONE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU?... YOU GUYS KNOW THE REST

GREAT SONGS THAT SAMPLES BEAT FROM OTHER ARTISTS

MORE MONEY MORE PROBLEMS BY B.I.G WAS SAMPLED FROM A DIANA ROSS SONG

EVERY BREATH I TAKE BY PIDDY WAS PRIGINALLY A SONG BY STING

BIG POPPA BY B.I.G WAS SAMPLED FROM BETWEEN THE SHEETS BY THE ISLEY BROTHERS

SO FAR James Brown, "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" HAS BEEN SAMPLED WORLD WIDE OVER 1,200 TIMES BY DIFFERENT ARTISTS LIKE MACY GRAY AND WUTANG CLAN SO SHUT UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY, SERIOUSLY THE AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD IS A CLEAR HATER

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2012
P-Square are excellent artists, but it is widely known that they are certified copycats. grin
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nivola(f): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2012
sadWere u pple deaf or u didn't hear d gist dat may d sold p squres beat 2 timaya,nw u pple r here sayin rubbish n dey were in no way copying chuddy k's gaga crazy,u pple shld go n sing ur own,all u do is critize"Amma hate hate".if u don't like d song,go hang urslf.mutschew...
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by smith4real1980: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2012
All dis 1 na bad belle,chop my moni which is 1 of dia hit tracks why nt say der copied it,why is dis on d front page sef...
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2012
Goldieluks: P-Square are excellent artists, but it is widely known that they are certified copycats. grin

SERIOUSLY? HOW OLD ARE YOU 10? undecided
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2012
lestat:

SERIOUSLY? HOW OLD ARE YOU 10? undecided

Ask me again.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2012
Goldieluks:

Ask me again.

HOW OLD ARE YOU? LIKE 5? undecided

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by redcliff: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2012
mikuz: Psquare have been feeding us with crap ever since they dropped their 'danger' album.
[size=20pt]i totallly agree with you. but on second thought, these guys have gotten to a point where they can do no wrong. Their old reputation precedes them now. and dont forget, they are making alot of money right now[/size]

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2012
lestat:

HOW OLD ARE YOU? LIKE 5? undecided

Ask me AGAIN.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2012
redcliff:
[size=20pt]i totallly agree with you. but on second thought, these guys have gotten to a point where they can do no wrong. Their old reputation precedes them now. and dont forget, they are making alot of money right now[/size]

true talk.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2012
Goldieluks:

Ask me AGAIN.

COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO USES THIS?

Am Allergic to Bull-sh1t-ology! Better take Note!

WOW THATS VERYYY ORIGINAL.. MUST HAVE TAKEN YOU ALOT OF TIME TO COME UP WITH THAT? undecided
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Goldieluks: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
lestat:

COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO USES THIS?

Am Allergic to Bull-sh1t-ology! Better take Note!

WOW THATS VERYYY ORIGINAL.. MUST HAVE TAKEN YOU ALOT OF TIME TO COME UP WITH THAT? undecided

Ok back to topic!!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
Goldieluks:

Ok back to topic!!

WHO'S YOUR DADDY? grin grin
SAY MY NAME? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?

I SAID...SAY MYNAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.