Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl (1366 Views)

Help!!! My Engine Oil Indicator Is Showing While The Oil Is Guage / My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? / My Engine Rings Are Failing: Is It Better To Work On It Or Change The Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hi.u guys have done well in dis section. Pls I have a problem wif ma camry 2003.my check engine light is on and I scanned and got the ffollowing codes.P1135m meaning air fuel sensor heater circuit response malfunction. And also code P1346 VVT sensor/camshaft positionn sensor circuit range/performance problem(bank 1). The car still runs fine. Ut lemme explain the problem now. When I start d car early in d mornin it makes a sound and the RPM reading will be @ around 1500rpm but when it begins to warm it begins to drop and den when I engage d gear, it drops to around 650 to 850 and remains dere till I drive tire. But when I start it in the morning it blows lots off white smoke and when I switch on the ac d engines prm decreses and den engine begins to shake and den d car drags seriously but when I switch off d ac everufin will be normal again. Anoda problem d car now consumes lots of oil. I now top d engine oil evry now and den. Anoda problem is dat it now soaks plugs too often twice in 4 months.one mechanic said its d valve cover gasket anoda said its d valve seal one said its d ring andoa said ii shouldd buy a new engin. I'm so confused but d car still runs fine and temp is never above d half mark . Plks help a broda out. And more so how do I increse the rpm to 1000 instead of 650 to 750. More so
Its an xle version and I now get just 240 miles on a full tank of gas and also my average MPG is 16.8MPG is dat okay for d car. I plan I buying d tools to change plugs and change dem myself whenever it fails again. I also plan on cleaning everyfin inside d cylinder I mean debris or oil.pls help me out
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sounds like youe engine's burning oil. The smoke and constant topping up of your oil points to that. The VVT is most likely controlled by oil pressure. I suspect your oil control rings are shot. Valve stem seals won't soak your plugs, so I would be looking deeper. Doe your coolant level drop?

As per increasing the idle speed, I'm afraid that's not an option. The idle speed is pre-set, and is determined by the ECU. If you found a way to manually increase it, your ECU will compensate by bringing it down. Besides, 1,000 rpm idle is way too high for an automatic. The 850 rpm idle is correct. The consumption figures of 17 MPG are not right. A 3,0 V6 making 192 BHP, even with an automatic shouldn't be that poor. It should be about 35 MPG with mixed driving.

You need to replace that O2 sensor, clear the codses, and see what your consumption's like after. That VVT may need replacement too, do an interim oil change, with a new, genuine oil filter. make sure you use the right grade of oil for your engine. If your oil is too thin, it'll be blowing past your piston rings, and you'll spend a fortune topping up.
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
No it does not drop coolant levelm which one is oil control ring again. Na wa o. So u meana d engine is good or bad abi wetin sef. But what of d ac issues dat makes it vibrates and what of d code P1346. Is d oxygen sensor d done on the catalytic converter or where. Thanks once again sienna and how do I replace d VVT stuff. Hope the engine is not goin to exile soon embarassed
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
Pls sienna I'm waiting fro a response from uu. Thanks undecided
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
People no longer listen to our problems
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by dannywest: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2012
speed001: People no longer listen to our problems

They're helping voluntarily, its not a right, and you could also google the things you asked of, many people who must have used the car mode might have complained of the same issues online before.
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by cretin: 11:26am On Nov 26, 2012
speed001: People no longer listen to our problems
....lol..are u paying anybody??

anyway back to ur problem..the p1346 code..shows that ur vvti is having a fault...the vvti is variable valve timing..it retards ur engine timing to compensate for vary engine performance...the most common cause of this code ios sludge in the engine..........sludge occurs when u dont change ur oil regularly/use low quality oil etc..the oil instead of flowing turns into coal tar like subtance thus clogging the cams, n giving the vvti error, as the sludge doesnt let the system move smoothly...am suprised ..the oil indicator light should be showing red on ur dasboard...cos the sludge wud hv blocked ur oil lines...thus starving the engine of oil...when last did u change oil ? and what type of oil do u use?
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
@dammy thanks
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
cretin: ....lol..are u paying anybody??

anyway back to ur problem..the p1346 code..shows that ur vvti is having a fault...the vvti is variable valve timing..it retards ur engine timing to compensate for vary engine performance...the most common cause of this code ios sludge in the engine..........sludge occurs when u dont change ur oil regularly/use low quality oil etc..the oil instead of flowing turns into coal tar like subtance thus clogging the cams, n giving the vvti error, as the sludge doesnt let the system move smoothly...am suprised ..the oil indicator light should be showing red on ur dasboard...cos the sludge wud hv blocked ur oil lines...thus starving the engine of oil...when last did u change oil ? and what type of oil do u use?
I use mobil oil I mean mobil XHP aand service every two months.if my mechanic open d engine wud he see d sludge. Na wa o. Thanks for dd info. Wud have him check it asap. But d car still runs fine sha o.
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
Any one dere
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by cretin: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2012
yeah, he wud see the sludge if he opens the engine or the sump.............u didnt reply if the oil indicator light on ur dashboard is on or flashing.

mobil 1 is sythetic, while mobil xhp is mineral oil....

mobil 1 has high detergent properties..it cleans the engine of sludge.....so interchanging it with mobil xhp in an unregular pattern isnt good at all............there is a pattern u shud follow, if u intend to run mobil 1 on a dirty engine or an engine that is used to mineral oil.

also 2months change interval isnt so good depending on ur routine.......what is ur present mileage?..and what mileage do u run in 2 months?...n whats ur daily driving pattern?......all these hv a big effect on the oil.
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
cretin: yeah, he wud see the sludge if he opens the engine or the sump.............u didnt reply if the oil indicator light on ur dashboard is on or flashing.

mobil 1 is sythetic, while mobil xhp is mineral oil....

mobil 1 has high detergent properties..it cleans the engine of sludge.....so interchanging it with mobil xhp in an unregular pattern isnt good at all............there is a pattern u shud follow, if u

intend to run mobil 1 on a dirty engine or an engine that is used to mineral oil.

also 2months change interval isnt so good depending on ur routine.......what is ur present mileage?..and what mileage do u run in 2 months?...n whats ur daily driving pattern?......all these hv a big effect on the oil.

Thanks o. D oil light ddoes nt show @ all. It only shows when u start d engine like oda indicator lights but goes off leaving only d check light on. I scanned and got codes P1134 which means air fuel sensor malfunction and P 1346 which means VVTI malfunction. No oda signal on d dash board. Pls what do u advice I do o. Abeg o
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by cretin: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2012
still not answered all the questions i asked
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2012
cretin: still not answered all the questions i asked

Sorri boss. I always experience hold up sha on my way to work and d mileage is aabout 80 900KM. Dd car blowss lots of white smoke on early start up and drags when I switch on d AC.
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
winkAny one in d house
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by cretin: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
what is ur rpm on idle, and what is ur rpm when you turn on the ac, with the car in park. observe the behaviour of the rpm needle n tell us what u observe.
what is ur daily movement like?...how many miles do you drive daily...and monthly...

the systoms are like a mixture of sludge and head gasket issue...............need the answers to be sure...

also confirm that u dont top up ur radiator with water/coolant often
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2012
cretin: what is ur rpm on idle, and what is ur rpm when you turn on the ac, with the car in park. observe the behaviour of the rpm needle n tell us what u observe.
what is ur daily movement like?...how many miles do you drive daily...and monthly...

the systoms are like a mixture of sludge and head gasket issue...............need the answers to be sure...

also confirm that u dont top up ur radiator with water/coolant often

My RPM @ idle is between 650 to 850. When I switch on d AC it drops ato lik400 500 and begins to shake. Den is goes up to like 550 600 and remains dere but d shaking continues until I put off d AC. And I don't top d rediator with water or coolant. When I park my car d idle is @ 650 to 850 aalways. Never leaves dere.
Re: I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl by speed001: 1:43am On Dec 06, 2012
Waitin

(1) (Reply)

Ml320 Auxillary Position / . / 2006 ML 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.