Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. (8560 Views)

Amazing: Psy's "Gangnam Style" Reaches Maximum Number For Youtube Views Counter. / Youtube's Most Liked Video! / Psquare King Of Nigeria Artist On Youtube ( Most Viewed Nigerian Artist) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2012
It was only a matter of time, and we’re happy this happened on a slow news day over the weekend: Psy’s viral music video hit “Gangnam Style” just passed Justin Bieber’s “Baby” to become the most popular video in the history of YouTube. The video has now been watched over 805 million times. shocked

The video made its YouTube debut on July 15 and currently has over 5.3 million likes and about 320,000 dislikes. Bieber’s “Baby” – which had a nice run at the top of YouTube’s charts since its debut in February 2010 – only has about 1.4 million likes and a whopping 3.2 million dislikes. At least Bieber’s corporate parents won’t be too unhappy about this development: since September, Psy and Bieber work for the same music label.

Thanks to Psy’s (and his management’s) relatively hands-off approach to fan-made remakes and parodies, the song itself has likely been heard quite a bit more often on YouTube. According to one metric, these fan remakes have garnered over 220 million views. The first live performance of the song on Korean TV also has a full 152 million views.

With the exception of “Charlie bit my finger – again,” every single video in the YouTube top 30 is now a music video and sadly, this list also includes the “Tootin’ Bathtub Baby Cousins” with 251 million views and “The Gummy Bear Song” with 265 million views. We’ll leave it up to future anthropologists to decide what this all means…

GidiLinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
What's so special about the video?

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Leadn(m): 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
He deserved it...
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Leadn(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
afam4eva: What's so special about the video?

everything,,,

2 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
how does it affect my today's service in church? mtscheeew!

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
Eya, baby beiber is gonna cry die.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by hustla(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=45pt][/size]

SAY GOD!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
OPPAM GANGNAM STYLE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by topsyking: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
I like it.
Opa gangnum style
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
nice
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
What do u xpect there are more dan 2billions asians on earth...and asian hit will surely pull dis kinda traffic

3 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by juman(m): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
hustla: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=45pt][/size]

SAY GOD!!!!!!

All power belong to God.

The video is not special.

3 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Leadn(m): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: What do u xpect there are more dan 2billions asians on earth...and asian hit will surely pull dis kinda traffic

True that...
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: What do u xpect there are more dan 2billions asians on earth...and asian hit will surely pull dis kinda traffic
You be correct.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
Population of China alone don cover everything, not to talk of India, Pakistan and other Asian countries with huge population.

funny enough, I no sabi the meaning and I de dance the song

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Kslib(m): 6:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
Which one con be gangan abi na gangam style again..
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
I wonder what took the video so long.I thought it would surpass it the first 3 months. bieber fans dey vex sha, the kids but the ratio of likes to dislikes for 'Baby' on YouTube is EPIC. cheesy
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by JLANCE(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
Less friction to your hinge joints and sockets PSY
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Bawss1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
Imagine a dog sat on your inga jogging yoga. Go pee on Johnnie. To you are on a poop dog in a no job. Buy me all your machines I need to go watching in your jaw. Good on ban John Indian yoga. Not a sauna air. Now Jan ate all my cooked Dansani cuz I'm a heir. Kapeesh a key though Johnie wasn't there in the sauna air. Cool on sauna air. Adam there was, Saddam said oh woah. Couldn't no hey could I borrow, hey

Now listen to Gangnam style and read the above paragraph again for it to make sense. grin

10 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by deniceguy(m): 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
I missed the part where gangnam style went from being a joke to being real.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by lafuria1(m): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
one of big factors that made the song popular was becos some hollywood celebrities who said on a tv show that they love the dance. that drove pple to view wat d dance was. as for me, i press the dislike button. imagine tom cruise or oprah talking about azonto or kukere, tell me if it wont make 200M views.. now that gangnam dance hit the front page. it will get more views. wont be suprise if it gets 1.5 billion views by december 2013.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
I swear I posted this first so how comes I am seeing it on front page written by sm1 else? Dis is not fair...... Moderators...... Thunder fire una...... As early as 6 am I created a richer topic on this song.... How do the moderators explain this? Where is that SeUN? bia come and explain it ohhhhh..... Not fair atal..........

2 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Tenderly1(f): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Heyyyy sexy lady op op op

2 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by 76Naira(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2012

More than you could see!
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by manny4life(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2012

Afam, leave that thing. The first day I heard the music in my car, I kinda liked it till I knew it were Asians that sang it. There's something special about the music that it tunes you into the mood, unfortunately, I sometimes stream the music from YouTube when I'm driving home in the chaotic traffic.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by 1forall: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
It became at first the most 'liked' many weeks ago and now the most viewed video, man that's epic.
PSY did a live performance at the American Music Awards last week with MC hammer and that was amazing to see with gangnam style mixed with too legit to quit esp for those who know Hammer, cool stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOyo7JD7hjo
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Ignatio(m): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2012

Crazy new dance never seen before.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by tosrich(m): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
I guess it should because here in Minesota state where I live, we love the song so much....
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by 5much(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
lovely song
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by uchlukez(f): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
Another chinco material. Very soon now them go dey use am for every chinco phone dey cause noise polution cry
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by Ilaje44(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2012

2 billion Asians you said? Well, just the Nations of China and India have like 2.5 billion people.

And you still have high population countries like Indonesia 0.3 million, Japan, Pakistan, Bangladesh a.s.f.
Re: Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. by latepa(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
WAIT!!! i thought Lady Gaga has the most watched video on youtube with the song Alejandro which has over a billion views

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: Kcee Ft. Timaya – Erima / Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? / Latest Foreign Hit Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.