Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,904 members, 7,838,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! (606 Views)

Buhari To Speak To EU Parliament In France, Source Says He Will Also See Doctors / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Please Come Back! / Mr Goodluck Jonathan - Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! by 2864: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
I saw this on a blog and found out that my coming generation might be waiting for this to come alive,
I hereby plead with you. Share it with me.. Pass it On !. I first saw it on www.ayofolajin.com
I have also seen it on other blogs. Join others on other blog !.

For the sake of our FATHER LAND and the coming generation

Re: If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! by ACM10: 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
ACM10: Signing this petition is tantamount to surrendering our sovereignty to foreign power. For God's sake, this petition is not going to sway the president even if it garners enough signatures. No one puts himself in a position of compromise with the media. This is why politicians mostly grants interview to friendly media outlets. How many interviews had Obama granted to Foxnews?

BBC is partly funded with British taxpayers money just like NTA. The only difference is that BBC enjoys a greater autonomy. That's why it can criticize its government. Just like it did to Tony Blair after the Iraqi invasion by accusing him of "sexing-up" evidence. Nevertheless, it is still a foreign press and a mouthpiece of British government. The same role which NTA plays for the Nigerian government.

Nigerian citizens lack internal pride that they can readily invite foreign elements to meddle in our internal affairs. This is another reason why this entity called Nigeria should dissolve. Can you imagine Americans signing a petition for Obama to be interviewed by the BBC?

This idea of signing up a petition to force our president to be interviewed by a foreign and presumably hostile media is moronic and dead on arrival. What a terrible waste of effort and energy!
www.nairaland.com/1111588/sign-petition-invite-gej-hardtalk/2#13084288

1 Like

Re: If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! by 2864: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
ACM10:
www.nairaland.com/1111588/sign-petition-invite-gej-hardtalk/2#13084288

A third party would be better asking these questions, My question to you is: DO YOU KNOW THE NIGERIA PRESS ?

My brother, after all you've said, WHAT DO WE DO ?
Re: If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! by moderatorr: 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
2864:

A third party would be better asking these questions, My question to you is: DO YOU KNOW THE NIGERIA PRESS ?

My brother, after all you've said, WHAT DO WE DO ?
After the foreign media chat what happens?
Re: If You Love Nigeria, Lets speak to Jonathan. Please Sign This Petition ! by PointB: 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
Why BBC HardTalk? What's wrong with his appearance on Nigerian TV Stations. Some folks and colonial mentality!

(1) (Reply)

BRT Lane, Riddle With Potholes- Vanguard News / Newspaper Headlines Today / Pat Utomi Joins ACN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.