Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan (8252 Views)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Siga: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
BOTH Presidents Barack Obama and Goodluck Jonathan wanted to talk on phone, but twice calls from the White House to Aso Rock failed to make the connection.

Authoritative sources confirmed during the week that efforts by President Obama to personally speak with Jonathan to return his congratulatory message has been aborted at least twice by the failure of the telephone system in Aso Rock.

After Obama' s second-term election victory three weeks ago, President Jonathan was among the first world leaders to congratulate him, offering him a hand of fellowship.

In response to the congratulatory messages, Obama on the Thursday of the same election week, started calling back some of the world leaders, who had congratulated him, to appreciate their letters and words of felicitation.

At least, three White House press statements by Press Secretary, Jay Carney, since the week of the election, have listed names of leaders Obama has been able to speak to in return for their congratulatory messages. Based on those statements made available to The Guardian, the US President has not been able to reach out to the Nigerian president.

But US sources confirmed that President Jonathan is one of those Obama was personally keen on talking to, in acknowledgement of their early congratulatory messages.

Specifically, on Monday November 12, according to US sources, White House officials, having coordinated with the US Embassy in Nigeria, and the Nigerian Embassy in the US, got a number to call Aso Rock, but, on two occasions on that day, both calls were simply not picked up, causing a diplomatic embarrassment for Aso Rock. The number had been given by Aso Rock officials to enable President Obama reach President Jonathan.

A source explained that what should have been done, as is normal in diplomatic etiquette, is for the Nigerian President to have a hotline to reach leaders of other countries that are strategic to the country, so that such important calls are easily facilitated.

Sources close to the Nigerian Foreign Affairs Ministry confirmed the practice and put the blame squarely on Aso Rock telephone system and some of its operators and officials.

Nigeria's Ambassador to the US, Prof Adebowale Adefuye, confirmed that the US President wants to talk to Jonathan since after the election, but stated that it is yet to happen.

But he quickly added that the plans were still being worked out to make it a reality. He explained further that during this past week, President Obama was away in Asia and then returned for the Thanksgiving celebrations, a big holiday, which Americans mark every third Thursday in November. In most cases in the US, the holiday starts on the preceding Wednesday (November 21) until the following week, which is Monday, November 26.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/24/15.html
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2012
how true is this? Why not try VOIP

1 Like

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by manny4life(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
Man, this folks can tell classified lies, not even on a small scale.

So you mean to tell me that the Hundreds of millions of Naira that Aso Rock spends on it's infrastructural telecommunication is a waste? Or is the U.S. trying to play a fast one on us? Whichever it is, this is white wash.

2 Likes

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by 360command: 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
There is skype. Obama I think your network has been hacked by al qaeda.

1 Like

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Woke4all(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Blame it on our poor network providers angry
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Itoroetti(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
It shows our presido is important na

2 Likes

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by 360command: 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
manny4life: Man, this folks can tell classified lies, not even on a small scale.

So you mean to tell me that the Hundreds of millions of Naira that Aso Rock spends on it's infrastructural telecommunication is a waste? Or is the U.S. trying to play a fast one on us? Whichever it is, this is white wash.
do you mind them? The day US tried calling ASo rock, I called aso rock and spoke to jonathan's aid. US na wash wash.

3 Likes

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Siga: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
360command: do you mind them? The day US tried calling ASo rock, I called aso rock and spoke to jonathan's aid. US na wash wash.
oh yea...I beg nairaland me the number biko.... wink
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Minion: Youir Evil Wirelessness, what does this recent development mean?
Hades: Nigerian tax money was used to offer sacrifices to me. Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Puny Mortals!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Vincent41(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Siga: BOTH Presidents Barack Obama and Goodluck Jonathan wanted to talk on phone, but twice calls from the White House to Aso Rock failed to make the connection.

Authoritative sources confirmed during the week that efforts by President Obama to personally speak with Jonathan to return his congratulatory message has been aborted at least twice by the failure of the telephone system in Aso Rock.

After Obama' s second-term election victory three weeks ago, President Jonathan was among the first world leaders to congratulate him, offering him a hand of fellowship.

In response to the congratulatory messages, Obama on the Thursday of the same election week, started calling back some of the world leaders, who had congratulated him, to appreciate their letters and words of felicitation.

At least, three White House press statements by Press Secretary, Jay Carney, since the week of the election, have listed names of leaders Obama has been able to speak to in return for their congratulatory messages. Based on those statements made available to The Guardian, the US President has not been able to reach out to the Nigerian president.

But US sources confirmed that President Jonathan is one of those Obama was personally keen on talking to, in acknowledgement of their early congratulatory messages.

Specifically, on Monday November 12, according to US sources, White House officials, having coordinated with the US Embassy in Nigeria, and the Nigerian Embassy in the US, got a number to call Aso Rock, but, on two occasions on that day, both calls were simply not picked up, causing a diplomatic embarrassment for Aso Rock. The number had been given by Aso Rock officials to enable President Obama reach President Jonathan.

A source explained that what should have been done, as is normal in diplomatic etiquette, is for the Nigerian President to have a hotline to reach leaders of other countries that are strategic to the country, so that such important calls are easily facilitated.

Sources close to the Nigerian Foreign Affairs Ministry confirmed the practice and put the blame squarely on Aso Rock telephone system and some of its operators and officials.

Nigeria's Ambassador to the US, Prof Adebowale Adefuye, confirmed that the US President wants to talk to Jonathan since after the election, but stated that it is yet to happen.

But he quickly added that the plans were still being worked out to make it a reality. He explained further that during this past week, President Obama was away in Asia and then returned for the Thanksgiving celebrations, a big holiday, which Americans mark every third Thursday in November. In most cases in the US, the holiday starts on the preceding Wednesday (November 21) until the following week, which is Monday, November 26.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/24/15.html

nonsesne......:e concern me or will de conversation change dr price of Garri @ de market

1 Like

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by toluxa1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Siga:
Specifically, on Monday November 12, according to US sources, White House officials, having coordinated with the US Embassy in Nigeria, and the Nigerian Embassy in the US, got a number to call Aso Rock, but, on two occasions on that day, both calls were simply not picked up, causing a diplomatic embarrassment for Aso Rock. The number had been given by Aso Rock officials to enable President Obama reach President Jonathan

This is total thrash. The bolded makes no sense at all. So the US go dey fine GEJ number all about before they can talk to him? "got a number".... sounds so silly. Rubbish news.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by linearity: 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
Why is this lies given front page coverage?

I have families all over 9ja and some in the villages and I am in NYC....in my numerous and constant calls to 9ja.....I have only experienced telephone glitch once or twice and in each case, the recipient is either not in a coverage area or are in the village with poor coverage.

Urban areas in Abuja is saturated with coverage, not to talk of Aso Rock and the President's office phone, which will even be a direct truck line...link all the 32 channels in a truck dedicated to his single number.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by 360command: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
Siga: oh yea...I beg nairaland me the number biko.... wink
na me go give you the number ? You know fit call Nitel service and ask for Aso rock number? Dem don release the FOI bill since, which makes every Nigerian who seeks to have access to information can be able to reach out to any politician.

1 Like

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by liyalla(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
nah wash! tongue tongue
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Kslib(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
360command: do you mind them? The day US tried calling ASo rock, I called aso rock and spoke to jonathan's aid. US na wash wash.
How sure are you that what the US is saying is a lie?? It's just an ordinary phone call,and the US isn't lying... Haba,common call again,na im US go con dey lie for?? So they didn't call,but publicly said they called,does it even makes sense??

1 Like

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by skyfall: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Vincent 4:

nonsesne......:e concern me or will de conversation change dr price of Garri @ de market

You had to quote the entire story just to write this trash? I wonder if some people really went to school.

1 Like

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Kslib(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Vincent 4:

So you quote the whole story only to write this rubbish abi?? Abeg,no try next time,or we go fight physical..
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by linearity: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
toluxa1:

This is total thrash. The bolded makes no sense at all. So the US go dey fine GEJ number all about before they can talk to him? "got a number".... sounds so silly. Rubbish news.

More so....Except close buddies, Presidents do not just pick the phone at will and call each other...those calls are carefully choreographed and planned by Aides to ensure no glitches before they are made. ..so for Obama or Jonathan to speak to each other on the phone, there will be multiple phone calls back and forth between Aides on both sides before the actual call is made, sometimes it takes days of preparations and back and forth.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by BarexB: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
08024659305... Na Jonathan number be that. Obama don't forget to add +234 and remove the first zero
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by goldfish80(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Mayb the telephony glitches experienced on †ђξ presidential media chats is nt Л̴ facade sad
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by 360command: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Kslib:
How sure are you that what the US is saying is a lie?? It's just an ordinary phone call,and the US isn't lying... Haba,common call again,na im US go con dey lie for?? So they didn't call,but publicly said they called,does it even makes sense??
baba, u wan too dey talk. No b me wey call Aso rock? Leave the western world, dey look for d slightest tins to discredit Nigeria. U wan dey put your faith on US now? Are you not a patriotic nairalander?
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by manny4life(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Kslib:

FAT LIE.

I love Obama (no homo), but this is a FAT LIE, made to seem like the truth.

The U.S. has dedicated and secured telecommunication lines and protocols to ANY GOVT in the world, why was it different in Nigeria? God FORBID, had U.S. embassy been bombed, I'm sure Aso Rock # will work, by fire, or by force.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by Neoviper147: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
[size=16pt]Haba! This's a Very Fat Lie[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by malc619(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
Story Story.......................Story!!!
Once Upon a time..................Time!!!! Time!!!!

:::

And that was how the tortoise fell and broke his back!!!

What an interesting story

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by adoniza(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
How true could this be?
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by adoniza(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
malc619: Story Story.......................Story!!!
Once Upon a time..................Time!!!! Time!!!!

And that was how the tortoise fell and broke his back!!!

What an interesting story

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahaha

Nairaland sef.....
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by slimming: 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
call Aso Rock, but, on two occasions on that day, both calls were simply not picked up
Mr president is also busy here too, not a network problem.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by PrinceDudu(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
Our presido leave him fone for vibration na im make him no hear am ring out but wait o! I think say GEJ get all network nah.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by jamesmomoh: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
"Big lie"...if my cousin in texas can call me at anytym of the day am surprised that the United States' president was unable to reach my President.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by LoveDecay(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jonah neva ready to answer oooh.

Them still they wait for the expo of the questions obamacare go fit ask. So that em lesson teacher go supply the ans. cool

Jonah no wan fail exam ... ooh.
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by bigtt76(f): 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
Maybe na MTN line Aso Rock de use o! Cause I've been receiving calls unhindered this past days on Glo (not advert o) from the US ....and MTN are the only network currently expanding their network causing issues grin grin grin grin ....abi I lie?
Re: How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan by diehard1: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
Rubbish!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Babies Delivered At Furore IDP Camp In Yola (photos) / "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians / This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Not Storm Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.