Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (6136 Views)

Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light / President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by MurphyT1: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
The perennial fuel scarcity in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja and its environs has disappeared, less than 48 hours after last Sunday’s media chat by President Goodluck Jonathan, during which he dismissed the speculations that the Federal Government had concluded plans to remove fuel subsidy totally.

President Jonathan made it clear that there was no plan to remove fuel subsidy for now, and that fuel subsidy had already been captured in 2013 budget proposal to the National Assembly for appropriation.

Investigations by the Sunday Tribune revealed that following the declaration by the President, most of the filling stations within the Abuja metropolis and its environs in Niger State; Mararaba and Nyanyan in Nasarawa State, which had remained under lock and key under the pretence that fuel was not available, in anticipation of removal of subsidy, suddenly opened their stations for business.

It was also observed that most of the filling stations, which had earlier been dispensing the commodity with only one pump also commenced full operations with other pumps, thus making the unending queues and scarcity to disappear.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/fuel-scarcity-disappears-in-abuja-environs-after-jonathans-media-chat/

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by taharqa: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
So they had fuel all along but were hoarding it, just as NNPC hv bn claiming.... Nigerians are a special class of persons in deed
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by MurphyT1: 6:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
It was a gud thing that d president cleared d air on this issue, every station manager wanted to maximize profit @ d detriment of the masses...God help us
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by free2ryhme: 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
...and it resurfaced in lagos abi? liars ye all

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Leadn(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
free2ryhme: ...and it resurfaced in lagos abi? liars ye all

please help me ask them o...
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Demdem(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
still not a good story here in PH. also ranges btw 110 and 130
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by otokx(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
Demdem: still not a good story here in PH. also ranges btw 110 and 130

but i got a lot to buy at 97 naira today even with a jerry can at the Choba axis

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by 1Dray(m): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
Some Nigerians can be so selfish and wicked.
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Demdem(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
otokx:

but i got a lot to buy at 97 naira today even with a jerry can at the Choba axis

i got 115 today at "SO" filling station along between rumuodara and tank junctions today. Lucky u? was it NNPC?
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by otokx(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
In fact it is the petrol station inside the university of port harcourt, there was no queue sef and the metre is very accurate, as i was leaving a tanker was going in to discharge more product

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by yohannazack(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
In as much we may blame the president fo not monitorin d activities of d agencies, the people in charge these agencies like ppmc and dpr are not serious with their jobs, if not i dont think dose oil marketers wuld hav been doin wat they are doin.
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by acidtalk: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
I still pity those gullible people that take anything that use*less cap wearing son of a fisherman from Otueke says. That God forsaken idi*ot is a born liar and a traitor.

Nigerians don't forget around November 20 2011 (can't forget), this same man said it was going to be till April 30th 2012 before the Fuel Subsidy would be removed. What happened on January 1st 2012?

Jonathan is a bloody hopeless lair. Take his words at your own perile.

He sure has another Evil plans to welcome Nigeria to a new year come January 1st 2013.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Demdem(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^^^^

he even told us that evil Boko will end June this year. here we are in November.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by 1Dray(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidtalk: I still pity those gullible people that take anything that use*less cap wearing son of a fisherman from Otueke says. That God forsaken idi*ot is a born liar and a traitor.

Nigerians don't forget around November 20 2011 (can't forget), this same man said it was going to be till April 30th 2012 before the Fuel Subsidy would be removed. What happened on January 1st 2012?

He sure has another Evil plans to welcome Nigeria to a new year come January 1st 2013.

How would you feel if your dad is rained insults thus?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by acidtalk: 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^^

he even told us that evil Boko will end June this year. here we are in November.

Jonathan is a devilish liar, traitor and deceit who deserves to be thrown into the lion's den after stripped nak*ed and beaten across the street of Abuja.

A man who SIGNED the Power Rotation document but went back to betray those who trusted him.

A man who promised paliatives for removing the fuel subsidy only to start showing us buses that were bought by late President Yaradua as part of the buses (he jonathan claimed) he bought before removing fuel subsidy

A man who promised fresh air to nigerians (the foo*ls who voted him in) only for him tom make their lives more miserable than it was in 2011

A man who promised to fight corruption and yet discovered to be the world's most corrupt leader presently on earth.

A man who denied His wife being hospitalized in gernmany.

A man working day and night to discredit Nuhu Ribadu's report of the Petroleum Tax Force committee.

You all are in for another Wicked surprise if you believe anything this man says

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by acidtalk: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
1Dray:

How would you feel if your dad is rained insults thus?

If my father acts in such an irresponsible and callous way then he shouldn't only be insulted he should be stoned. Enough of all this nonsense sentiments

Check out the below threads :

If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him

https://www.nairaland.com/960025/father-steals-jail-him

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by otokx(m): 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
we should try to make our points without raining insults.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by acidtalk: 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
otokx: we should try to make our points without raining insults.

Insult is an understatement when it comes to Jonathan's wickedness. He deserves a solid punching in his big nose. His policies are just all wrong and filled with greed and wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Jeboy(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
@acidtalk

U re suffering from bad belle-ism, no wonder your name.
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by acidtalk: 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jeboy: @acidtalk

U re suffering from bad belle-ism, no wonder your name.

Bad belle of wetin now?
Because he is eating N3million worth of food everyday and he keep getting st*upid everyday or because his wife can speak english that can wife out the whole of Israel in a minute?

I am speaking for the man out there too scared to talk. My brother people are finding it hard to survive. I get loads of e.mails, calls and text messages every single day from total strangers and I hear the same cry of poverty and starvation. Currently trying to persuade 3 people not to commit suicide. One is from that useless man's state. So if people are still putting the "ethnic and religious" sentiments to select a leader, what happens when they get into office and totally forget to do the simplest of things like construction of road in their own town?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by tarryT(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidtalk: I still pity those gullible people that take anything that use*less cap wearing son of a fisherman from Otueke says. That God forsaken idi*ot is a born liar and a traitor.

hahahahahahahah...guy u frustrate die. Go drink otapiapia, e go cure ur madness.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by otokx(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidtalk:

Bad belle of wetin now?
Because he is eating N3million worth of food everyday and he keep getting st*upid everyday or because his wife can speak english that can wife out the whole of Israel in a minute?

I am speaking for the man out there too scared to talk. My brother people are finding it hard to survive. I get loads of e.mails, calls and text messages every single day from total strangers and I hear the same cry of poverty and starvation. Currently trying to persuade 3 people not to commit suicide. One is from that useless man's state. So if people are still putting the "ethnic and religious" sentiments to select a leader, what happens when they get into office and totally forget to do the simplest of things like construction of road in their own town?

take it easy, why die before your time of hypertension?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by taharqa: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidtalk:

Bad belle of wetin now?

You shameless pips are still repeating this LIE (sorry, Line) that 'GEJ feeds himself with #3million everyday', abi? Una no know say that lie don dey busted since? You guys just took the Budget Sum under the heading 'Meals, Refreshments and other Miscellaneous expenses' for the whole of the Villa and simply divided it by 365 and viola it becomes: 'GEJ spends #3million to feed himself everyday'! Of course for Propaganda purposes, no need to really read through the Budget details. This was how some of you also said in October that 'GEJ and his vice would be using #1.3billion to feed themselves' next year (2013), again without looking through the details.

Anyways, the details of that sub-head has been widely reported in Nigerian newspapers recently, and we now know that only #203million is actually to be used for Meals and Refreshments out of the #1.3billion sub-head. We also now know that unlike the LIE you guys were peddling about, this #203million would actually be used not just for the 1st and 2nd families but also the hundreds of workers in the Villa (including the Domestic staff), for hundreds of people that visit the Villa every other week, for Visiting Dignitaries including State Dinners, for Presidential Retreats and hosting (eg like the one organised for the successful ParaOlympians recently), for FEC meeting 52 times a week,for Council of State meeting etc. When last did you even have the opportunity to know the amount of money Aso Rock uses to feed 'itself' item-by-item (a sort of 'state secret' before now)?Like I said that LIE have been totally busted; you guys should find another one abeg.

It is also a pity that you goons would openly say that 'GEJ is the most wasteful President in the Nation's history'! How on earth that is even remotely correct completely escapes me? I mean on what parameter was this arrived at: Overhead costs, Recurrent Budget, Deficits [/b]or what really?
GEJ has reduced [b]Overhead votes
from N526billion in 2010 when he came in to N266billion in 2012 to projected N230billion in 2013(next year)-and this is the main measure of cost of Governance.
He also reduced Recurrent Component of the budget from 77.43% in 2010 to 74.43% in 2011 to 71.47% in 2012 to around 68.7% in 2013(next year).
He has also reduced Budget deficit from 3.35% of GDP in 2010 to 2.96% in 2011 to 2.85% in 2012 to projected 2.17% in 2013(next year).

Of note is that each of these cost measures increased almost every year since 1999, and GEJ not only stopped that trend but actually started to reverse it. He is also on the verge of implementing what is arguably the most radical Rationalization of the many redundant/duplicated Agencies of Govt via the Oronsaye's report. A wasteful president that has increased the foreign reserve to levels higher than when he 1st met them (ie to a more than 2-yr high of $46billion - though it decreased previously under him). Again, how can he even remotely be the most wasteful President ever? Only in you guy's HATE-FILLED minds, perhaps?

The argument can very certainly be made that MUCH MORE still needs to be done to cut cost (both on the Federal sides and the states and LGs) but to say that the costs have increased or that they are not decreasing is a LIE only shameless PROPAGANDISTS like your guys, can fathom.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/n1-305b-not-enough-for-refreshments-meals-presidential-villa-tells-senate/

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/19/jonathan-submits-2013-2015-expenditure-frameworks-to-senate/

http://www.punchng.com/news/fec-approves-draft-budget-of-n5trn-for-2013/

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by tarryT(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^^

All hail Demdem, who's surname is Retardeen,.the grandson of Clueless,.a chronic saddist. I would have been suprised not to see u spit ur fooolish venom here.
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
Our leaders truly are a representation of the average nigerian. Greed and dishonesty everywhere.
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Shenez: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nigerians are the problem of this nation. Corrupt people with wicked soul/mind.

Where do they put name before bearing Lakasegbe?
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by sweetgala(m): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Terrible , the greatest problem with Nigeria is lack of regulations and even where there is a regulatory body corruption is present.
How can petrol stations in the country refuse to carry out a service for which they are subsidised just to make an ungodly profit
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
which one be 247newsupdate?

do i smell another new media lie in the offing?
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by Omen100(m): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
acidtalk:

Bad belle of wetin now?

Thank You Acidtalk, you just made my day & I am off to bed, good night everyone for I will be having a busy monday.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by lacasa: 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Acidtalk & Demdem

i dey feel u die cheesy

Jan 01 is close-by
Re: Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat by olivertwist: 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 / Anambra Roadside Mechanic Re-design A Tricycle To Beat Obiano's Ban (pics) / 8 Dangote Cement Trucks & 1 Mosque Torched By IPOB Protesters In Onitsha(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.