Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,503 members, 7,781,535 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:25 PM

Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu (7348 Views)

Five Fulani Herds­men Kidnapped In Abia Community / How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday / We Killed Futa’s Ex-vc In His Sleep – Domestic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by chuglothen(f): 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
Prof Ilochi Okafor's efforts are what made Unizik d choicest University in the whole of South East Nigeria
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Kesmakveli(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ehya its a pity this is happening †̥ the wrong person;; by the way looking @ it the way round, it seems this dude has some ishes †̥ settle wit some peeps.. Lord have Mercy
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by manny4life(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
Kidnappers Association ain't smiling, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by stanjohn57: 12:22am On Nov 26, 2012
Kai! Ilochi of all people? If them fit 'coLlect' that kind no nonsense strong man, na him be say na pick them go do every1 else O°˚˚˚°º‎​!
Abeg security agents shud release him ASAP, that guy really transformed my alma mater even tho he was 'quite' tough on us.
BTW, fellow GIANTS I d hail una O°˚˚˚°º‎​!

1 Like

Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by alarm4: 12:31am On Nov 26, 2012
that VC that runs 3 semester in a year.....his adminstration make 1 graduate faster....the last time i saw this dude was when he bursted into Our exam hall at warehouse temporary site Unizik then....abeg u kid and napped guyz pls do release this mr nice and strict VC.now!!!!
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Nov 26, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Mkpotu(m): 4:54am On Nov 26, 2012
Kidnappers, I beg u release the best VC ever. This man was the best that happened in the Faculty of Law Unizik & the University as a whole. A no nonsense man, disciplinarian, an achiever, he brought tremendous development to Unizik & infact he would have been the best that can happen to Anambra State if given the opportunity to govern the State, he is fearless & a strong man who always brings standard.

Anyway I saw him last during the funeral/court session of his colleague Lawyer/SAN: Chief Chimezie Ikeazor SAN (Oboli Obosi), just on last week.

I beg una free the man joor, una no dey look face!
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by ada9ja(f): 6:09am On Nov 26, 2012
I still blive that security in Nigeria is porous.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by uche13: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2012
Hmm Ilochi Okafor, what a man!!!. The true definition of a man who is faithful in little things, being faithful in bigger things.

As the Dean of faculty of law, he transformed the faculty and made it the envy of other students. Upon being elevated to being the VC, the guy changed the whole school.

He remains the reason why you can never hear of strike in NAU for whatsoever reason. The school with an unbroken calendar from 2003 till date. A man who fixes the whole calendar year and NEVER changes or postpones the dates stipulated. A man that you know the date of second semester exams even before first semester begins.

A man that shamed all the past VC's of the school by ensuring all faculties move to the perm site within a year of taking office. His achievements can never be numbered.

I was even waiting for him to enter politics soonest because his type is rare.

May God keep you safe sir and cause your release soon.

3 Likes

Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by impetus: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2012
yuzedo: Professor Ilochi Okafor (SAN) is a Professor of Law and immmediate past Vice Chancellor of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State.

He is highly revered and respected in the university community for his great efforts which elevated the university from its status as a "glorified secondary school" to a university of choice in the east.

He introduced measures to curb serious cultism in the school like anti-cult (a brutal, no-nonsense vigilante type squad consisting of ex-cultists), fought exam malpractice vigorously, introduced development levy on students to raise funds to carry out projects, moved the school to its permanent site, amongst other legacies.

Anti cult has been in UNIZIK before Ilochi became VC. I was in final yr when he was made VC, he was too authoritative, disregards student and lecturers. However, he contributed to the upgrading Unizik which was achieved by more than 200% increment of sch fees. The increment of sch fees led to student protest and a lot of sch facilities were destroyed especially in faculty of law ( he was former dean faculty of law before his appointment as VC). Who knows what might has led to his kidnap?
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by sunkoye: 7:54am On Nov 26, 2012
Boicc:
Wen d kidnappers wuld b caught/killed,it wuld b known 2 all dat dey are anambrarians dat trackd him down all d way 4rm awka.Dats hw ur anambra brodas kidnapped ESUT VC(but rip 2 dem though) n dey wia slaughtered lyk goat,although one managed 2 escape.
i still dont get it...ah!
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Hychineson(m): 8:41am On Nov 26, 2012
yuzedo: Professor Ilochi Okafor (SAN) is a Professor of Law and immmediate past Vice Chancellor of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State.

He is highly revered and respected in the university community for his great efforts which elevated the university from its status as a "glorified secondary school" to a university of choice in the east.

He introduced measures to curb serious cultism in the school like anti-cult (a brutal, no-nonsense vigilante type squad consisting of ex-cultists), fought exam malpractice vigorously, introduced development levy on students to raise funds to carry out projects, moved the school to its permanent site, amongst other legacies.
plz mind ur words. I am a member of anticultism squad in Unizik and there is no ex cultist among the group. Once again,mind ur words.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by ztar(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2012
Hychineson: plz mind ur words. I am a member of anticultism squad in Unizik and there is no ex cultist among the group. Once again,mind ur words.
....hahaha...so u be anticult eh....nah whonah dey bully fellow students for unizik....dis is nairaland bullies are not welcomed here... grin
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Donmeca(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2012
Hychineson: plz mind ur words. I am a member of anticultism squad in Unizik and there is no ex cultist among the group. Once again,mind ur words.

Keep quiet! U are warning him like u are one of d current cultists in d anti-cult squad. When did u join Unizik? Do u know Ilochi? Do u know Pita Ejiofo? We all know that before u dreamt of joining UNIZIK, anti-cult squad was in existence and that both cultists and ex-cultists were in d anti-cult squad. Where were u when cultists were granted amnesty in Unizik (1999/2000-2000/2001)?

When men are talking small boys will be warning them to mind their words!!!

As for Ilochi, strong man. A bit highhanded but very visionary. Lawyer to Chimaraoke Nnamani even as Dean Law faculty. Joined politics later but his "sins" found him out as his ex-students who run things in Anambra PDP fought, and still fight, to stifle his senate dreams.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by defashan: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2012
antontech: My own Ilochi,God this people has goon too far.That man na witch,those kidnappers are in trouble

Which kin witch be dat?..his kidnappers must be baad wizards
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2012
yuzedo: Word just in: Ilochi Okafor, former Unizik Vice-Chancellor has been abducted by kidnappers!

You remember that some months back, ESUT VC was also whisked away in dare-devil style after a shoot-out. It seems kidnapping University dons is now the in-thing.

We await further word on the sad development. Will keep you posted!

ESUT VC,UNIZIK VC,...next is UNN VC.if i were him,i,ll beef up security and pack loads of ammo.seems kidnapping of academicians is the order of the day in SE.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by impetus: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2012
Donmeca:

Keep quiet! U are warning him like u are one of d current cultists in d anti-cult squad. When did u join Unizik? Do u know Ilochi? Do u know Pita Ejiofo? We all know that before u dreamt of joining UNIZIK, anti-cult squad was in existence and that both cultists and ex-cultists were in d anti-cult squad. Where were u when cultists were granted amnesty in Unizik (1999/2000-2000/2001)?

As for Ilochi, strong man. A bit highhanded but very visionary. Lawyer to Chimaraoke Nnamani even as Dean Law faculty. Joined politics later but his "sins" found him out as his ex-students who run things in Anambra PDP fought, and still fight, to stifle his senate dreams.

Guy u said it all. Ikoro and a lot of students were frustrated by Ilochi administration, the same Ikoro became Special Adviser to Tony Nwoye then Chairman of PDP care taker committee. Some of the frustrated students were influential members of PDP, so they in revenge obstructed Ilochi's political ambition . From the days of Prof. Nwako as VC, Prof. Pita Ejiofor before Prof. Ilochi till date, members of anti cult comprises cultist, military men that were students, SSS men that were student and non cultist.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Donmeca(m): 10:46am On Nov 26, 2012
impetus: [/b]

Guy u said it all. Ikoro and a lot of students were frustrated by Ilochi administration, the same Ikoro became Special Adviser to Tony Nwoye then Chairman of PDP care taker committee. Some of the frustrated students were influential members of PDP, so they in revenge obstructed Ilochi's political ambition . From the days of Prof. Nwako as VC, Prof. Pita Ejiofor before Prof. Ilochi till date, members of anti cult comprises cultist, military men that were students, SSS men that were student and non cultist.

Thank u jare! The faceless nature of Nairaland has made it possible for everybody to claim authority in every matter. Imagine that boy claiming there are no cultists in anti-cult! Who then do u settle to prevent campus wars? I deliberately did not want to mention names of men Ilochi arm-twisted out of SUG politics: Yellow Dog, Olumo, etc. Olumo's protege, Ikoro E. Ikoro was almost rusticated for not stopping the student protest of 2002. Served an indefinite suspension that was only reduced by the court of law. Today Ikoro and co are PDP top-dogs in Anambra. So Ilochi is a bit doomed politically. Kizito, a second year student (elected D.O.T) was installed as the SUG presido by Ilochi. He ran the office for 2 years (without elections) and later became P.A to d VC Ilochi. That was autocratic! Ilochi Killed unionism in Awka.

That does not justify his kidnap nor imply that any of those has a hand. Just why he may not make it in PDP.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by SlyIg(f): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2012
I wish its even Egbuka that is kidnapped. Let him refund students accreditation money that he frauded from students. Increasing students school and hostel fees without good reason will find him.Those heaps of securities behind him means nothing when his turn comes.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by impetus: 11:28am On Nov 26, 2012
Donmeca:

Thank u jare! The faceless nature of Nairaland has made it possible for everybody to claim authority in every matter. Imagine that boy claiming there are no cultists in anti-cult! Who then do u settle to prevent campus wars? I deliberately did not want to mention names of men Ilochi arm-twisted out of SUG politics: Yellow Dog, Olumo, etc. Olumo's protege, Ikoro E. Ikoro was almost rusticated for not stopping the student protest of 2002. Served an indefinite suspension that was only reduced by the court of law. Today Ikoro and co are PDP top-dogs in Anambra. So Ilochi is a bit doomed politically. Kizito, a second year student (elected D.O.T) was installed as the SUG presido by Ilochi. He ran the office for 2 years (without elections) and later became P.A to d VC Ilochi. That was autocratic! Ilochi Killed unionism in Awka.

That does not justify his kidnap nor imply that any of those has a hand. Just why he may not make it in PDP.

Guy, I can see that ure an Archival in Ilya Du Hama, don't mind most of the people here, some of them were admitted in the 2000's. They don't really know the politics of Unizik. Although Ilochi tried in up grading Unizik, the foundations were laid by Pita Ejiofor. Ilochi succeeded in killing student unionism (no more kpaga kpo go, no more aluta). I can't believe that the Unizik I graduated is no longer Alutarising[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]. Ilochi stepped on many toes, his political ambition in Anambra is doomed and he knows it.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Uchwilliam(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
am a former unizikite.please this animals should release our dear ex-vc.fellow unizikites holla me @:uchwilliam@gmail.com
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Hychineson(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
Donmeca:

u must be a fool. All these ppl u mentioned,are very intimate 2 me. Hv stayed under a roof wt them.
Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by ztar(m): 9:42am On Dec 03, 2012
Hychineson: u must be a fool. All these ppl u mentioned,are very intimate 2 me. Hv stayed under a roof wt them.
dis guy is so lost...

1 Like

Re: Unizik VC Emeritus Kidnapped In Enugu by Hychineson(m): 6:26am On Dec 09, 2012
ztar: ....hahaha...so u be anticult eh....nah whonah dey bully fellow students for unizik....dis is nairaland bullies are not welcomed here... grin
we dont bully students instead we make Unizik conducive and cult free.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sem Grant Disbursement: The Gruesome Sins Of Donaldo / Okeite: The Money Charm Of Yahoo Boys / Thieves In Nigeria Burned Alive!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.