Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? (42789 Views)

Photos:story Of A Girl Who Pushes 100 Kilograms By One Hand / How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? / How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by uzoo: 2:11am On Feb 09, 2008
hi y'all,

i just gained a whooping 11kg in less than 3months from last december,most of the fat is in my abodem(tummy) and thighs, i do work out 2hrs a day 3 times a week and i just started watching my calorie in take a week ago .i weighed my self recently and just discovered i lost only 2kg in a space of 3 weeks.(slow huh?)
now the real problem is , i have a wedding to attend next month and the dress i picked for it doesnt fit anymore, i used to be a size 12 now i'm almost approaching size 16.
any ideas on how to increase this weight loss , say, 2kg a week?
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by 4Him(m): 2:21am On Feb 09, 2008
starving is a great idea.
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by DisGuy: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2008
increase you work out to 4 hours a day- run for 30mins-1 hour early in the morning

and do two hours later in the day

I think you should start eating only fruits- morning,afternoon and eveningor

cereal for breakfast everyday

sandwich for lunch

and two apples and orange juice for dinner grin
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by brume2020: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2008
uzoo:

hi y'all,

i just gained a whooping 11kg in less than 3months from last december,most of the fat is in my abodem(tummy) and thighs, i do work out 2hrs a day 3 times a week and i just started watching my calorie in take a week ago .i weighed my self recently and just discovered i lost only 2kg in a space of 3 weeks.(slow huh?)
now the real problem is , i have a wedding to attend next month and the dress i picked for it doesnt fit anymore, i used to be a size 12 now i'm almost approaching size 16.

Hello there,

Pity I didnt see your post earlier. One diet you can try that I personally find very effective for bringing your weight down appreciably over a short period of time is the low carb diet. There are books that explain how it works. You may want to try reading the following book :-

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-New-Diet-Revolution/dp/B0007LPDHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206108833&sr=1-1

I tried it out a few years back and was able to drop 20Kgs in 2 months. I since have relaxed the diet restrictions imposed at the start of my diet exercise and have been able to maintain a weight loss of over 25Kgs up till now.

As well there are little things you can do in general to curtail your weight gain :-

1. Stop eating late into the night. (i.e. stay awake 4 hours after last major meal to allow time for food to digest)

2. Constantly drink lots of water to keep your metabolism going.

3. Prefer eating smaller regularly spaced meals to eating fewer larger meals. (This helps reduce blood sugar levels)

4. Prefer eating foods in their natural form to those based on artificial sources. (I.e. eat sugars from the right sources i.e fruits , etc)

etc. etc.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

Brume
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by bluesky4(f): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2008
uzoo:

hi y'all,

keep up with what your doing, remember muscle weighs more than fat, and you may be becoming leaner but your turning your fat into muscle, which shows up on the scales hence only losing 2kg.
As long as your not starving yourself, eating a balanced mean with fruit and veg and exercising than u will lose weight.
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by uzoo: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2008
hey guys , thanks a lot ,

i tried running for 30mins before my workouts and i've lost 5kg,
can anyone pls give me tips for tummy trimming, ab workouts, thats the tough fatty area i need to get rid of,
i stop eating at 7;30pm everyday but i still need help on 10 to 20 mins tummy exercises.

thanks again.
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by DisGuy: 1:05am On Mar 22, 2008
do the crunches properly, make sure you are not using your hands to lift your upper body; use you abs
learn the reverse crunch

get a fitness ball wink
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by HRhotness(f): 1:27am On Mar 22, 2008
Try the special K diet,
works for me when i need to drop a dress size,
u have to be good tho, no snacking, lots of water and nothin after 8pm
coupled with ur work out, it should be effective
the down side is u get sick of cereal real quick

Or a more drastic measure, the cabbage soup diet, really hard but for a quick fix, the results are amazing
goodluck
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by helenagirl(f): 2:36am On Apr 14, 2008
To HR.Hotness

Can u give more details on how about the k diet and carbage diet?
Thanks
Helena
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by HRhotness(f): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2008
the special K diet simply is
having a bowl of special k for breakfast and dinner with skimmed or semi skimmed milk (not very filling i know but u get used to it).
u can get d recipe for the cabbage soup diet online
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by mystiqueem(f): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
its a pity no one suggested 'pregnance test' earlier! all this talk about weight loss! hmmm
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by mystiqueem(f): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2010
ignore him!
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by sms4health: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2010
To lose tummy fat, cardio is the best. That is, walking briskly, running or swimming etc. (basically anything that works up a sweat).

Tummy exercises just defines the muscle tone.

Diet + Exercise = Weight loss

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by gozzynes(m): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2010
Do this strategies actually work. pls reply
Re: How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? by jbblues24(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2019
Only Oga Ade can prevent forest fires. angry

(1) (Reply)

23 Benefits Of Lemon Water You Should Never Miss! / COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims / Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.