Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally (13440 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
The two men, Maduakor Chukwunonso and Orji Osita who are pharmacists of Oxpharm Pharmacy, were accused of selling Rohpynol Flunitrazepam-a sedative without proper prescription and were eventually charged with murder and felony.

Speaking to Channels TV after their release, counsel to the pharmacists, Uchenna Nwoye said the pharmacists were released based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution.

According to Mr Nwoye, the presiding Judge, Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo of the Lagos High court, had on the 20th of November ruled that “there was no evidence where the pharmacists had an agreement with the first and second defendants to kill the late Ms Osokogu.”

He further ruled that the pharmacists have no case to answer and decided ordered that the pharmacists should be discharged.

Counsel to the two pharmacists had proceeded to the High Court following the delay of the Magistrate Court led by Magistrate Aka-Bashorun to grant the prayer of the defendants following the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution.

The duo were earlier charged with the other defendants for unlawfully killing Cynthia Osokogu by administering her with an obnoxious substance known as Rohpynol Flunitrazepam tablets which was used to sedate her before her rape and murder.

Officials of the Pharmaceuticals Society of Nigeria, however shield the discharged Pharmacists from talking to our correspondent.

Source: http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/cynthia-osokogus-murder-pharmacists-are-released-unconditionally.html

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by olenyi: 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
I believe now they will be investigated by the Pharmaceuticals Society of Nigeria, and if found culpable, will be purnished accordenly.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Super1759: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
Good judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Omexonomy: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
Why made dem go true pains and torture when the police new they were innocent.

5 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by maygah(f): 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
Tank God they found out they are innocent

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by iamswizz(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
angry
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Areaboy2(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
Omexonomy: Why made dem go true pains and torture when the police new they were innocent.
its called investigation.

Although i doubt how thorough/honest it is done in Nigeria undecided
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
There is still hope in this country. . .

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by mamagee3(f): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
Thank God the Nigerian police is taking the case seriously. . .

It's now time to solve the Aluu4 murder case just like this one.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ignis: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2012
olenyi: I believe now they will be investigated by the Pharmaceuticals Society of Nigeria, and if found culpable, will be purnished accordenly.
That's supposed to be the exact course of action. Since the union is bounded by its laws and orders.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Koolking(m): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
Pray not to be a victim of circumstance. This will remain the most horrible experience in this guys life

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by mca795: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
present nigeria life is noting
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
As I expected...

However, their licenses to practice might just be on the line..
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
colly227: The two men, Maduakor Chukwunonso and Orji Osita who are pharmacists of Oxpharm Pharmacy, were accused of selling Rohpynol Flunitrazepam-a sedative without proper prescription and were eventually charged with murder and felony.

Speaking to Channels TV after their release, counsel to the pharmacists, Uchenna Nwoye said the pharmacists were released based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution.

According to Mr Nwoye, the presiding Judge, Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo of the Lagos High court, had on the 20th of November ruled that “there was no evidence where the pharmacists had an agreement with the first and second defendants to kill the late Ms Osokogu.”

He further ruled that the pharmacists have no case to answer and decided ordered that the pharmacists should be discharged.

Counsel to the two pharmacists had proceeded to the High Court following the delay of the Magistrate Court led by Magistrate Aka-Bashorun to grant the prayer of the defendants following the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution.

The duo were earlier charged with the other defendants for unlawfully killing Cynthia Osokogu by administering her with an obnoxious substance known as Rohpynol Flunitrazepam tablets which was used to sedate her before her rape and murder.

Officials of the Pharmaceuticals Society of Nigeria, however shield the discharged Pharmacists from talking to our correspondent.

Source: http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/11/cynthia-osokogus-murder-pharmacists-are-released-unconditionally.html

I am not sure if I understand this post but shouldn't there be something called controlled drugs? drugs that should NEVER be made available to buy over the counter if it is possible to cause even the slightest harm to the human body.These drugs should ONLY be available by prescription.

FEEL FREE TO CRUCIFY ME PLEASE but this aint right!They should be purnished for selling out a potentially harmful drug JUST LIKE THAT!!

“there was no evidence where the pharmacists had an agreement with the first and second defendants to kill the late Ms Osokogu.”

Really?What a big stinking joke!! But they sold the killers a drug which was termed as an obnoxious substance (Rohpynol Flunitrazepam tablets) which by virtue should never have found its way to their shelfs. Why stock it in first place. I dont believe this is their first time really and this whole case just reeks of something I can't place my hand on.

5 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
At times like this I'm proud of my profession. Kudos to the Lawyer that got this judgment.
Go and sin no more guys

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by SELFWORTH: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
Uhh. I hope they learn from this experience. They should not be stocking this kind of drug for public sale. They will have been discharging this kind of drug without further thought before Cynthia's case.

Someone is dead because of their indirect action. They should be brought before their professional body on a duty of care case .

For me, there are no winners in this case, whilst Cynthia's body lie in the grave.

This is not a cause for celebration .

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by salolo(m): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2012
nigeria will hail tthee
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Oahray: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
mama-gee:
Thank God the Nigerian police is taking the case seriously. . .

It's now time to solve the Aluu4 murder case just like this one.
Aluu4 case wey go soon enter voicemail.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

I am not sure if I understand this post but shouldn't there be something called controlled drugs? drugs that should NEVER be made available to buy over the counter if it is possible to cause even the slightest harm to the human body.These drugs should ONLY be available by prescription.

FEEL FREE TO CRUCIFY ME PLEASE but this aint right!They should be purnished for selling out a potentially harmful drug JUST LIKE THAT!!

“there was no evidence where the pharmacists had an agreement with the first and second defendants to kill the late Ms Osokogu.”

Really?What a big stinking joke!! But they sold the killers a drug which was termed as an obnoxious substance (Rohpynol Flunitrazepam tablets) which by virtue should never have found its way to their shelfs. Why stock it in first place. I dont believe this is their first time really and this whole case just reeks of something I can't place my hand on.

At this point, you will do well to settle down..

- Every drug has the potential to kill.. If in doubt, go and swallow 20 tablets of Paracetamol and tell me how that works out for you..

- The boys simply sold 'PRESCRIPTION DRUGS' to 'Policemen' who were carrying out a sting operation.

- There is no crime in selling prescription drugs without a prescription, especially when it was sold to adults. Its called 'MALPRACTICE'.

- There is no direct evidence that links these Pharmacists to the Perps apart from 'The words of the Perps'.

- They may have sold the drugs to them, does not make them an accomplice to murder. A man who sells a car to a 14 year old boy cannot be charged with murder if the boy kills someone whilst driving the car.

- They might still be punished by the Phamaceutical Association of Nigeria, but not by the Police.

Case closed..

17 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Oahray: 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cherechy: At times like this I'm proud of my profession. Kudos to the Lawyer that got this judgment.
Go and sin no more guys
Na only 100L law student dey make noise like this.

5 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by habayommy: 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

on point...1000000000000 likes
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by temodent(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

I'm sure if they were your relations you would be singing a different song. Granted they violated the ethic of their profession but being slammed with murder is way out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by redcliff: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
Unknown Member: As I expected...

However, their licenses to practice might just be on the line..

plx, who has licence to practice pharmacy in Nigeria? people just go into it because they want to start a new business and dont go thruogh the normal/formal procedures to be a pharmacist
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
redcliff:

plx, who has licence to practice pharmacy in Nigeria? people just go into it because they want to start a new business and dont go thruogh the normal/formal procedures to be a pharmacist

The difference between a Chemist and a Pharmacy in Nigeria remains;

Chemist = Unapproved..

Pharmacy = Green Cross.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by otokx(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
olenyi: I believe now they will be investigated by the Pharmaceuticals Society of Nigeria, and if found culpable, will be purnished accordenly.

They should never have been arrested; its just that this girls father is a big man, those 2 guys were innocent from the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Jodesky(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2012

[/quote]

The drug 'Rohpynol' is not a killer drug, rather it is an anti-depressant that can cause sedation among one of its side effects. People should not jump to the conclusion that it can kill. Controlled drugs are sold only upon a doctor's prescription but you can always take it in excess and any drug or food taken in excess can kill. Why would any drugmaker sell a killer drug or why would a pharmacy shop stock it? This drug is in same class as Valium, Largactil, Lexotan and other similarly controlled drugs. If they don't serve a purpose, no one will manufacture them in the first place. We should we all fall victim to Police ignorance when these guys (pharmacists) were charged with conspiracy to murder. Where was the conspiracy when the main culprits merely wanted to sedate the girl before having intercourse and later strangled her. They didn't really need the drug to kill her if that was their original intention.
The level of ignorance on display here is alarming, when people can easily educate themselves on the net........(google etc).

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by doctokwus: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
Unfortunate duo.Unfortunate in d sense dat dey did what thousands of chemists& pharmacist do in nigeria& go scot-free:selling prescription only drugs to every customer wt cash.So their only charge(in an ideal,organised society,not dis jungle where anytin goes) shd b one of professional misconduct.Murder charge was a no brainer bc evn in d best of societies proving Rophynol killed Cynthia wud av bn next 2 impossible.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by adaptor4all: 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Imo I jst feel diz guys av been sellin such drugs ever since 2 make sharp moni bt neva tot it would 1day end like dis..their case looks punishable though,bt nt as dat f d killers
Moreover,its nw common practice as professionals in 9ja 2 temper ethics with money..I only hope they've learnt their lessons,cos I've also learnt from dis..
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by playahP(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

U be mumu sha!
All this long story with good english!
And 2 idiots liked this huh!

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
Unknown Member:

At this point, you will do well to settle down..

- Every drug has the potential to kill.. If in doubt, go and swallow 20 tablets of Paracetamol and tell me how that works out for you..

- The boys simply sold 'PRESCRIPTION DRUGS' to 'Policemen' who were carrying out a sting operation.

- There is no crime in selling prescription drugs without a prescription, especially when it was sold to adults. Its called 'MALPRACTICE'.

- There is no direct evidence that links these Pharmacists to the Perps apart from 'The words of the Perps'.

- They may have sold the drugs to them, does not make them an accomplice to murder. A man who sells a car to a 14 year old boy cannot be charged with murder if the boy kills someone whilst driving the car.

- They might still be punished by the Phamaceutical Association of Nigeria, but not by the Police.

Case closed..

You will also have to get your faceless self RE-CHECKED back into rehab cos it appears to me that your unknown extinct self is high on cheap drugs.
Someone like you and me lies stone dead in the mortuary because a half baked self professed pharmacist choose to sell controlled drugs to some idiots and you are here chatting shit to me with some bogus and UNACCEPTABLE TERMS! Feel free to chat me more dust but you can be rest assured that I am fired up to reply people like you who find it so convinient to find an excuse for everything under the sun which also explains why you have gone ahead to create a new ID to reply me.Too bad this is a faceless forum.

Do me a favour,stick your 'faceless' face where the sun don't shine!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
adaptor4all: Imo[b] I jst feel diz guys av been sellin such drugs ever since 2 make sharp moni bt neva tot it would 1day end like dis..their case looks punishable though[/b],bt nt as dat f d killers
Moreover,its nw common practice as professionals in 9ja 2 temper ethics with money..I only hope they've learnt their lessons,cos I've also learnt from dis..

There was never any evidence that showed that these guys ever sold controlled drugs without Prescription before the Sting Operation by the police. So your feelings shouldn't count in this case.

Ticklishmummy:

You will also have to get your faceless self RE-CHECKED back into rehab cos it appears to me that your unknown extinct self is high on cheap drugs.
Someone like you and me lies stone dead in the mortuary because a half baked self professed pharmacist choose to sell controlled drugs to some idiots and you are here chatting shit to me with some bogus and UNACCEPTABLE TERMS! Feel free to chat me more dust but you can be rest assured that I am fired up to reply people like you who find it so convinient to find an excuse for everything under the sun which also explains why you have gone ahead to create a new ID to reply me.Too bad this is a faceless forum.

Do me a favour,stick your 'faceless' face where the sun don't shine!

Again, there isn't any proof that these guys sold the drug that was used to sedate Cynthia to the killers. So why should they suffer for another person's crime. The Police set them up and the Legal system set them free.

If these Pharmacists should be punished, it should be for failing the Police Sting Operation. From what I heard, the younger pharmacist even asked the Undercover cop for his address and phone number. He gave him the quantity that will be enough for the treatment and told him that the next time he comes, he must see a prescription.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Criminals in diaspora / Boko Haram Raids Borno Town, Loots Food Supplies / Why Military Is Yet To Rescue Kidnapped UNIMAID Staff, Police Women, Others– DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.