Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (829827 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

SUNDAY 15TH OCTOBER, 2017

LIKE THE SACRIFICE OF CAIN?

MEMORISE:
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

READ:
Genesis 4:1-7

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 11-13 & Daniel 7:13-28

When it comes to the issue of giving, we are not only expected to do what is required but also what is commanded by the Almighty God. No matter how much you give in church, or how much you give to different causes in God’s Kingdom, you can never out-give God. God is more interested in the attitude with which you give than in what you give. He knows to what extent He has blessed you, and He expects your act of giving to reflect this. Each time we sow, God allows our seed to multiply. Since I have been giving to God, I have never known a better yesterday, because God is always doing something new in my life. I always pity those who do not give to God. This is foolishness, because there is nothing you have today that you have not received from God. At the table of the Almighty set before you, you are permitted to take what you want and as much as you want (Psalm 23:5). There is no scarcity in Heaven, and this is why God has promised to open the windows of heaven to pour out blessing on those who obey His commandments concerning tithes, offerings, and sowing to kingdom assignments and charities. Your acts of giving must be done cheerfully and not grudgingly.
In today’s Bible reading, Abel’s sacrifice was accepted while that of Cain was rejected. Why did this happen? Abel brought his sacrifice to God with joy, thankfulness and with great expectation. He brought his offering with an upright heart, and he also offered sacrifice that was well pleasing to God. When people are not sincere with God, it doesn’t matter how many sermons they have listened to, or how many hours they have spent in the place of prayer, things will still always go wrong with them. God was not pleased with Cain’s sacrifice because his heart was not right before Him. Cain was envious of his brother’s blessing and he failed to focus on his own heart. May your sacrifice not be rejected before God in Jesus’ Name. Cain was a wicked man, operating under the influence of the flesh; therefore, his sacrifice was an abomination before God. Proverb 15:8 says,
“The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.”
If a tree is good, its fruits will be good. God is interested in the fruit we bear. Abel was careful in the choice of his sacrifice. He intentionally used the best of his flock because he understood that if you give your best to God, He will in turn give His best to you. Endeavor to always give the best of your life to God, and see how He will respond.

ACTION POINT:
Offer the best of your time and the best of your service to God today.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mycare(m): 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
Please who can share light on The Grace of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
mycare:
Please who can share light on The Grace of God

Good afternoon and happy Sunday
Message on it or what sir?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2017

MONDAY 16TH OCTOBER, 2017

PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY

MEMORISE:
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

READ:
Psalm 51:12-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Galatians 1-3 & Daniel 8:1-14

Going to church is not the same as knowing God. There are many people in church today whose lifestyles do not reflect having any experimental knowledge of who God is. Furthermore, being involved in church activities is not the same as loving God. If you love God, it will show in the way you conduct the affair of your life. God is a merciful God who desires the prosperity of His children, and He is in search of hearts that are longing for him. God is calling us into an intimate knowledge of His person and His attributes. If you know God, the evidence will be seen in the way you relate with people around you. This includes your colleagues in the office as well as your neighbors at home. If your lifestyle does not match with God’s word, no matter how much you give to Him or the activities you engage in to impress Him, you will not find favour in His sight. The words of 1 Samuel 15:22 are very clear:
“...Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”
Some time ago, at a gathering of God’s people at the Redemption Camp, I had to tell everyone there that if you know you are not genuinely saved by the Blood of the Lamb, there is no need to give any offering to God. God will not accept the offering of sinners. It is an abomination before Him (Proverb 15:cool. Our lives must count for God first, before other things can follow suit.
God wants us to obey His voice and follow His word for our lives. He wants His children to all be true people who impact the lives of others positively. Living a godly life is all that God desires from us. When we live according to His standards, He will be pleased with all that we have to offer. Morality and rituals cannot grant us access to the mercy of God. Before the prodigal son could receive mercy, he had to come to his senses and amend his ways by going back to his father. God is longing for those who will praise Him in spirit and in truth. He is desperate for those who will magnify Him not for what they can get from Him but for who He is. Do you know that you can come before God with big offerings and yet stir up His anger? This will not be your lot in Jesus’ Name. No amount of sacrifice from us can equal His sacrifice for us. The scope of this sacrifice can be seen in these words of Romans 8:32:
“He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”

KEY POINT:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
*"Walking"*
is the best exercise!!! This is one principle that I've applied and is working for me �

*Walk Away* � from
arguments that leads you to nowhere but anger.

*Walk Away* � from
people who deliberately put you down.

*Walk Away* � from
any thought that reduces your worth.

*Walk Away* � from
failures and fears that stiffle your dreams.

*Walk Away* � from
people who do not care for you and who are opportunistic.

The more you
*Walk Away* � from
things that poison your soul, the happier your life will be.

*Give Yourself A Walk*�
Towards love, peace, kindness and goodness

*Give Yourself A Walk*�
to God's house and worship Him in Truth and in Spirit. May God help us daily to walk in the right direction, to walk towards Him and with Him....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
*PSYCHOLOGY OF POSITIVE THINKING: TIPS FOR FULFILLED LIFE*

*1. Don't complicate life. We won't be here forever. Once this day is over, it's gone forever. Your time is too valuable to waste on nonsense.*

*2. No matter what knocks you down in life, get up and keep going. NEVER GIVE UP. Great blessings come as a result of great perseverance.*

*3. Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.*

*4. Good things come to those who believe, better things come to those who are patient, and the best things come to those who don't give up.*

*5. Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.*

*6. Disappointments were not meant to destroy you. They were meant to strengthen you and give you fortitude to accomplish your God-given destiny.*

*7. We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but by appreciating what we do have.*

*8. Your child will follow your example, not your advice.*

*9. One day, you'll be just a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.*

*10. Associate yourself with people of good quality. For it is better to be alone than in bad company.*

*11. Don't fear change. You may lose something good, but you may also gain something great.*

*12. When you love what you have, you have everything you need.*

*13. The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day.*

*14. Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have - GRATITUDE.*

*15. Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it has left you.*

*16. When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power.*

*17. Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you act while you are waiting.*

*18. Isn't it ironic:*
*- We ignore those who adore us, but adore the ones that ignore us*
*- We love those who hurt us, but hurt the ones that love us.*

*19. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.*

*20. You were born to win. Although to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.*

*21. Every day is a NEW beginning, take a deep breath and START AGAIN.*

*22. Know that you are loved. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are beautiful. You have purpose. You are a masterpiece.*

*23. Don't compare your progress with that of others. We all need our own time to travel our own distance.*

*24. Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher.*

*25. Bad things happen everyday to everyone. The difference is in how people deal with it.*

*26. When you make a commitment, you build hope. When you keep it, you build trust.*

*27. Two things define you: Your PATIENCE when you have NOTHING, and your ATTITUDE when you have EVERYTHING.*

*28. Being honest may not get you a lot of FRIENDS but it will always get you the RIGHT ONES.*

*29. Working on yourself is the hardest part of life. Keep growing up, no matter where you are.*

*30. Be selective in your battles. Sometimes peace is better than being right.*

*31. Keep people in your life who truly love you, motivate you and make you happy. If you know people who do none of these things, let them go.*

*32. Be happy not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything.*

*33. OPTIMISM*
*NO ➔ Shortcuts*
*NO ➔ Quick fixes*
*NO ➔ Blaming others*
*NO ➔ I'll do tomorrows*
*NO ➔ EXCUSES!!*

*34. Surround yourself with positive people who will support you when it rains, not just when it shines.*

*35. Being defeated is often a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.*

*Enjoy God's grace on this journey we call LIFE.*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: ENJOYING THE SERVICES OF ANGELS

Memorise:
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: Psalm 104:4

Read: Psalm 91:9-13

91:9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

There are several misconceptions about the existence of angels. Some people don’t believe that angels exist. Some other people who believe in the existence of angels don’t know their purpose. It is important for us to know the truth of what God’s word says about angels, so that we don’t miss out on the ministry of angels in our lives. Today’s memory verse confirms that angels exist, and gives a hint on why they were created. From this scripture, we understand that angels are ministering spirits. We have two categories of angels: holy angels of God and fallen angels. The term “fallen angels” refers to Satan and the group of angels that rebelled along with him against God. These angels, now called the devil and demons, were cast out of heaven and are awaiting the day of God’s final judgment against them, when they will be sent into the place of eternal punishment (Isaiah 14:12-16, Ezekiel 28:12-19, Revelation 12:9, Matthew 8:29, Revelation 20:10). On the other hand, the holy angels of God are those angels that have remained loyal to God as their sovereign Lord. Concerning these angels, Psalm 103:20 says,

“Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.”

As a child of God, the angels of God are meant to minister to you and for you in the hour of great need, especially in situations beyond human control and power. Hebrews 1:14 says,

“Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

For example, angels ministered to Jesus after His temptation and before He went to the cross (Matthew 4:11, Luke 22:43). Psalm 91:11-12 mentions some specific assignments of the angels of God saying,

“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.”

Years ago, when some of the brethren came to me suggesting that I begin to carry bodyguards around, because they would not want to lose me to hoodlums or hired assassins, I declined because, based on the above scripture, the One who called me has more than enough angelic bodyguards to take care of my security, and they are more effective than a billion human bodyguards could ever be. Note however that the angels of God should never be worshipped or prayed to. Often times, because of their awesome nature, those who encountered them attempted to do this, but every time, these angels themselves forbade them from doing so (Revelation 22:8-9). Are you enjoying the ministry of angels?

Action Point:
Thank God for His ministering spirits that have been assigned to take care of you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Galatians 4-6
Ephesians 1
Daniel 8:15-9:2

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 8: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain:

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.

Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2017
This morning, God will water your dry ground and solidify your slippery path. Your trees would bear their fruits bountifully and in season. There shall not be scarcity of good things in your life. The wasters and devourers will be locked out of your life by the Almighty God. I pray that the Lord God Almighty will feed and satisfy you and your family with good things. The blood of Jesus will speak for deliverance and breakthrough for you and members of your household in the mighty name of Jesus. Good morning. Have a glorious day ahead. Remain Blessed.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
After the rapture...
Appetite for marriage will die.
Appetite for job will die.
Appetite for admission will die.
Appetite to be the Nigerian president will die...
Men of God that missed it will be ashamed to come out from there houses because of shame of their members seeing them.
Christians that missed it will equally be ashamed to go close to those unbelievers they preached to but never gave heed to the gospel message.
I mean after the rapture, those who loved
motivational messages will dislike them with passion and shall seek for messages of salvation Brothers and sisters, after the rapture, grace on its own accord will cease here on earth. Spiritual gifts will not be available because there will be no Holy Spirit to manifest them.
Those who were not raptured will take home the belongings of those that were raptured if
peradventure it happened in a church service.
Those who never believed in rapture shall do so but it must have become too late.
I said after the rapture, those that missed it shall cry without end then; no one to offer a word of hope because it will be all over then.
People would love to repent but there will be no Jesus on earth to accept them.
It is only sin that has what it takes to drop any man to hell. There won't be second chance.
Their only hope will be hell

*Therefore Let us lay aside every weight and sin that doth so easily beset us and be genuinely converted from all our evil ways today because tomorrow might be too late.... please let's pay more attention to eternity.* Be Rapturable.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2017

WEDNESDAY 18TH OCTOBER, 2017

HOPE IN THESE LAST DAYS

MEMORISE:
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

READ:
Joel 2:28-32

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ephesians 2-4 & Daniel 9:3-15

You can live above the storms of life in these last days through the power of God’s word. The lord has promised us in His word that He will not leave us comfortless (John 14:18). You therefore have His assurance that no matter how bad your situation may appear to be, there is hope for you. Let these words of Job 14:7 bring hope to your heart:
“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.”
While Jesus and His disciples were on a missionary journey, the disciples desperately called His attention to a raging storm. He calmly woke up and rebuked the storm, and right away, there was great calm (Mark 4:36-41). The disciples first struggled to survive the storm on their own, but the more they tried, the more they were in danger of perishing at sea, until Jesus intervened. I pray that the Almighty God will intervene in your situation today in Jesus’ Name. from the words of the Lord, we know that the last days will be a time of turmoil with several raging storms (Luke 21:25-26). We are indeed in the last days. Are you experiencing a storm? The Lord has different strategies to bring comfort to you. He can simply calm the storm by the awesome power of His presence, or by directly commanding the storm to become still. He can also provide a cover for you from the storm. This is why you need to stay in God’s presence where your destiny can remain secured.
The Lord has promised the outpouring of His spirit upon all flesh in the last days. Acts 2:17 says,
“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:”
We are living in times when the Spirit of the Lord is empowering the saint for the fulfillment of prophesies and the actualization of visions. The Body of Christ therefore has no excuse not to do exploit for God in times as these, because the promise of the Spirit’s outpouring has already been fulfilled by the father. God is set to do great things, not because of our own abilities but because of His sovereignty. Not one of God’s children will be left out of His great move in these last days. Son, daughters, old men, young men, manservants and maidservants are all relevant to God in His agenda for this time. He has reserved better things for His people in the midst of the turmoil unfolding in the world, and He will begin to give us divine revelation of how we will transit from where we are to where we ought to be by His Spirit. The Spirit will also release the strength and vigor needed for the actualization of these dreams.

PRAYER POINT:
Let there be an outpouring of your Spirit upon my life.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 7:27am On Oct 18, 2017
God will quench every uprising of the enemy against you and yours today, you shall triumph over every battle and everywhere you step today The Lord will be there before you to give you victory, have a triumphant day in Jesus Mighty Name.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2017
ZERO PLUS ZERO IS EQUALS TO ZERO

My house, my car, my children, my certificates, my job, my husband, my wife, my families, my clothes, my SHOE..... My! My!! My!!! What does this life worth?

A man was informed about the departure of his father, but he tarried. When his father STARTED smelling, their neighbors took his father to mortuary for preservation.

A week later, he went to mortuary to see the corpse of his father, when he was about to enter the place, there was a poster placed at the entrance of the mortuary, of which no one can escape it, it reads........ WE WERE LIKE YOU BEFORE, BUT WE ARE HERE NOW.
The young boy read it, but it didn't make any sense to him, he went inside, checked the corpse of his father, after a few minutes, he made his step out. As he was about to step OUTSIDE, he saw another inscription placed on a strategical location, which no one will escape it, it says.......... YOU WILL SOON BE LIKE US.

This last word touched his stoning heart and he repented from that moment. From that moment, he understands......... Everything here on earth, is like a dream, a vapor, life itself is not real as everything is temporal.
YOU WILL SOON BE LIKE THOSE THAT WERE ONCE LIVING, EATING, SLEEPING, WALKING, TALKING, LAUGHING HERE ON EARTH, BUT TODAY...... THEY'RE NO MORE.
When he got to his father's mansion, nobody to talk to, his father left his shoes, clothes, money, bed, cars, EVERYTHIN. As he was searching his father's wardrobes, he saw untouched brand new dollars, well packed and arranged, but the owner of the money was in mortuary...... the Young boy
remembered............. WE WERE LIKE YOU BEFORE, BUT YOU WILL SOON JOIN US. He cried the more.
You eat semolina with vegetables and fish, Turkey, pomon, bokoto, fried rice and drink wine today, but tomorrow, your flesh becomes a food for MAGGOTS.
You drive a nice car today, but tomorrow, ambulance drives you.
You live in a mansion today, but tomorrow you live in burial ground.
You sleep in a nice bed today, but tomorrow, you sleep inside casket.

What? What?? What
What is the approximate replacement for your soul?
You wil lose EVERYTHING if you DIE without God and without living for Him.
Mark 8:36-37 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
What? What?? What What is an approximate replacement for your soul?
*Pls, ruminate on this piece of post, reconcile with your creator & have a positive change of heart, so that your living on earth shall be to God's glory & at end of your sojourning on earth, you will not end in oblivion. A word is enough for the wise.*
[10/18, 5:26 AM] ‪+234 810 345 5481‬: OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2017

Wednesday October 18, 2017

HOPE IN THESE LAST DAYS

Memorise : I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. - John 14:18

Read: Joel 2:28-32

2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lordshall call.

You can live above the storms of life in these last days through the power of God’s word. The lord has promised us in His word that He will not leave us comfortless (John 14:18). You therefore have His assurance that no matter how bad your situation may appear to be, there is hope for you. Let these words of Job 14:7 bring hope to your heart:

“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.”

While Jesus and His disciples were on a missionary journey, the disciples desperately called His attention to a raging storm. He calmly woke up and rebuked the storm, and right away, there was great calm (Mark 4:36-41). The disciples first struggled to survive the storm on their own, but the more they tried, the more they were in danger of perishing at sea, until Jesus intervened.

I  pray that the Almighty God will intervene in your situation today in Jesus’ Name. from the words of the Lord, we know that the last days will be a time of turmoil with several raging storms (Luke 21:25-26). We are indeed in the last days.

Are you experiencing a storm? The Lord has different strategies to bring comfort to you. He can simply calm the storm by the awesome power of His presence, or by directly commanding the storm to become still. He can also provide a cover for you from the storm. This is why you need to stay in God’s presence where your destiny can remain secured. 

The Lord has promised the outpouring of His spirit upon all flesh in the last days. Acts 2:17 says,

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:”

We are living in times when the Spirit of the Lord is empowering the saint for the fulfillment of prophesies and the actualization of visions. The Body of Christ therefore has no excuse not to do exploit for God in times as these, because the promise of the Spirit’s outpouring has already been fulfilled by the father. God is set to do great things, not because of our own abilities but because of His sovereignty. Not one of God’s children will be left out of His great move in these last days. Son, daughters, old men, young men, manservants and maidservants are all relevant to God in His agenda for this time.

He has reserved better things for His people in the midst of the turmoil unfolding in the world, and He will begin to give us divine revelation of how we will transit from where we are to where we ought to be by His Spirit. The Spirit will also release the strength and vigor needed for the actualization of these dreams.

PRAYER POINT :
Let there be an outpouring of your Spirit upon my life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ephesians 2-4
Daniel 9 : 3-15

HYMN 1:  MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2.  May Thy rich grace impart
My zeal inspire!
Oh, may my love to Thee
A living fire!

3.  While life’s dark maze I tread,
Be Thou my guide;
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
*LATENESS TO CHURCH...!!!*

Ever since I was born, I have not seen many people arrive late to the airport when they are traveling. In fact, when the plane is taking off at 11:00pm, the person will be at the airport by 7:00pm, wow!

That's how much people value travelling overseas!!

Same when they have to go to court they will be at that Court not less than 30 minutes before the appointed time.

But on a Sunday morning when Church has long begun, that's when you see men and women with 'swag' gliding like a wounded tortoise to Church.

They know they are late,

Church starts at 10:00 am but people will come at 10:30am or 11: 00 am why? They think all they need is just to be present and show their faces to their friends.

Just take the test to call them on Monday at 5:30 or 6:00 am , you'll realise they are already on their way to work and some will be there already.

Know this today, anytime you go to Church one minute late, you have NOT attended Church at all.

If Christ is saying 'where
two or three are gathered, I'm in their midst', you think He comes late? The time you give is the time He keeps.

What does it mean to arrive late to Church?

1) Disrespect to Christ
2) Betrayal of Christ
3) Disregard to the Church and the Pastor
4) Interruption of an eternal program.

Don't keep the Angel of your blessing waiting, he has an appointed time to return back. Do not extend the day of your testimony.

*Very important. Forward to as many Christians you know. We must deal with this situation in the church.* JAMES 4 VS 17.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
*BACK TO THE OLD ALTAR*
It is blasphemy to gather young men and be teaching them methods of church growth, when they cannot pray for 1hour or 2hours daily..
I may not have been old in ministry.
But I was born in the church...
In a time when church was growing from the knee...
I was born in a time when people used to troop to church from kilometers away, without any invitation...
And when you ask them they will tell you they were in the dreams, and God showed them the churches in the dream and gave them directions...
Check inside that church,somebody was praying inside the vestry...
Some of them were banished...
Some were divorced by their husband's...
Some were pulled out from school...
All because they started attending the church...
But they remained...
Today, once you speak to your member any how, he will get offended and stop coming to church...
Next week, they would have made him assistant pastor in the church next street...
Those are the kind of members our church growth methods can attract ...
Jesus said: "No one can bring them except my heavenly draws them..."
And told us: ... "Pray ye the Lord of the harvest..."
Sir, take us back to our knees..
Methods has failed us ...
Out fathers knelt down and demons ran away from communities where they were domiciled..
The only constant memory I have of my late father was his kneeling position...
Even at the age of 85, he knelt down almost all through the night...
No wonder communities saw him and their native doctors ran away...
And evil forests were handed over to him, free by the villagers ...
He conquered those ancient demons...
And today, to the glory of God mighty churches are standing those places now...
They didn't go to school...
But they were taught how to kneel ...
My brother, sir, God will never abandon a kneeling generation ....
Am in tears here...
We have bragged with shadows enough ...
No wonder we have started using church positions to attract them to church...
No wonder we don't preach certain things again, so that they don't get angry and leave...
Because we know that it is not the Holy Ghost that brought them...
We know how we stole them from the churches we were invited to minister...
A generation f ministers who are tired in the place of prayer has nothing to offer to this degenerating generation
Oh Spirit of grace and supplication,...
Please, invade our lives again...
Oh Lord of the harvest...
Cause us to keel again...
Sir, let us go back to our knees...
It is the only fashioned way that wields greatest power on earth...
Jonah used it inside the belle of the fish and he won a whole city with just one message...
Peter and others while hiding used it, and a single message, 3000 joined the church...
Among them were bankers, doctors, engineers, fashion designers and captains of industries...
No posters and no handbills...
And they were among those that defended the gospel even in the face of martyrdom...
They were beheaded...
Some were burnt alive...
While some were tied to horses and dragged to pieces, to their deaths...
Yet, they never had any cause to denounce Jesus...
Because they were all looking for a city which builder and Maker is God...
Friends, whatever that was not gotten in the place of prayer cannot stand the test of time...
The Bible said: "Whatever the Lord doeth standeth forever..."
Sir, lets trust God for grace to kneel again ...
How can Satan allow the prophecies over our ministries to come to pass when he knows the threat we are to his kingdom?...
No wonder he has stolen our prayer lives..
No wonder He has quenched our hunger for His Presence...
If Jesus needed to pray to fulfil the prophesies on his head, why do we think that just reading a book written about church growth will do the work for us?...
I am talking to only those who have not forgotten what God showed them when they first began...
It is time to kneel again...
Let get back on our knees, reclaiming back lost souls in the place of Prayer.
Have a blessed week beloved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
SPEAK EVIL OF NO MAN
"Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men".
Defamation of other peoples character is a sin. It should not even be mentioned among the people of GOD. Beware of little foxes!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2017

DATE: THURSDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: ALL THINGS WORK FOR GOOD

Memorise:
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
Read: Acts 8:1-8
8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
8:2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

When we look at the situation of the world today, we can be tempted to think that God has withdrawn from the world he created, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our God is very much in charge of His created order. He has never and He will never lose grip of His created universe. One reason why some people think it is immoral to link God with what is happening in the world today is the evil that permeates the world as a result of sin being perpetrated by the men and woman of this age. Such people believe that if God is involved in the affairs of this world, then the terrible things we are witnessing today should have triggered His direct intervention. Such opinions are not new; they were also expressed by some people at the time of the early Church, to whom Peter responded with the words of 2 Peter 3:9:
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
The events described in today’s Bible reading showed God’s people living in a very difficult time. The persecution of the early Christians by the Jew, which claimed the life of Stephen, caused the believers to scatter all over the then known world, in a bid to escape further persecution by the Jews. However, this dispersion resulted in the spread of the gospel. Philip, who was initially commissioned to minister to the widows in Jerusalem, became a city-wide evangelist in Samaria. The Bible testifies thus about him:
“Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.” Acts8:5-6
You can therefore see that indeed, all the things that happened in Jerusalem, including the scattering of the disciples, worked together for the salvation and deliverance of the people of Samaria and other parts of the world. My prayer for you is that all the things you are passing through this season will work together for your good in Jesus’ Name. However, only those who love God have the assurance of all things working together in their favour, especially those who are called according to God’s purpose. Therefore, ensure that your love for God is sincere, so that your expectations will not be disappointed.

Prayer Point:
Father, in accordance with Your word, let all things begin to work together for my good in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ephesians 5-6
Philippians 1
Daniel 9:16-27

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR
SAVIOUR
1. Through the love of God our Savior,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favor,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2017
Open Heavens 19 October 2017: Thursday daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye – All Things Work For Good

Topic: All Things Work For Good — Thursday 19, October 2017.
Memorise:And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. –Romans 8:28
Read:Acts 8:1-8(KJV)
1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation
over him.
3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were
possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.
Bible in One Year:Ephesians 5-6, Philippians 1, Daniel 9:16-27, Hymn: Sing Hymn 4 – Through The Level Of God Our Saviour
When we look at the situation of the world today, we can be tempted to think that God has withdrawn from the world He created, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our God is very much in charge of His created order. He has never and He will never lose grip of His created universe. One reason why
some people think it is immoral to link God with what is happening in the world today is the evil that permeates the world as a result of sin being perpetrated by the men and women of this age. Such people believe that if God is involved in the affairs of this world, then the terrible things we are witnessing today should have triggered His direct intervention. Such opinions are not new; they were also expressed by some people at the time of the early Church, to whom Peter responded with the words of2 Peter 3:9:
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not
willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
Coming up next: Open Heavens 20 October 2017: Friday daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye – Importune Prayer Or Vain RepetitionsThe events described in today’s Bible reading showed God’s people living in a very difficult time. The persecution of the early Christians by the Jews, which claimed the life of Stephen, caused the believers to scatter all over the then known world, in a bid to escape further persecution by the Jews. However, the dispersion resulted in the spread of the gospel. Philip, who was initially
commissioned to minister to the widows of Jerusalem, became a city-wide evangelist in Samaria. The Bible testifies thus about him:
“5Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.6And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.” -Acts 8:5-6
You can therefore see that indeed, all the things that happened in Jerusalem, including the scattering of the disciples, worked together for the salvation and deliverance of the people of Samaria and other parts of the world. My prayer for you is that all the things you are
passing through this season will work together for your good in Jesus’ Name. However, only those who love God have all the assurance of all things working together in their favour, especially those who are called according to God’s purpose. Therefore, ensure that your love for God is sincere, so that your expectations will not be disappointed.
Prayer Point:Father, in accordance with Your word, let all things begin to work together for my good in Jesus’ Name.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2017
��‍♂ *To All Women* �
*NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!! NEVER QUIT* ☕�☕�☕�☕�
Be an *Esther*, bold and courageous enough to stand for the truth, to voice your opinion and fight for the good of others, even when it means to sacrifice yourself. If God has put you in a position, it is for a purpose. Never be afraid to heed to that inner voice.

Be a *Ruth*, loyal in all your relationships, walk the extra mile and don’t quit when things get tough. Someday, you’ll see why it was all worth the effort.

Be a *Lydia*, let your homes be open, let your hands be generous, let your hearts be big enough to help anyone in need. Joy is greatest when shared.

Be a *Hannah*, never cease to pray. It will never be in vain.

Be a *Mary*, humble and submissive. You don’t have to be great for God to use you, you just need to obey.

Be a *Dorcas*, use your talents, however small it may seem to bring a smile on someone’s face. You’ll never know how much it can mean to someone.

Be an *Abigail*, remember how each decision can turn your life around for good or bad. Be wise.

Be an *Elizabeth*, never doubt what God can do. Miracles do happen.

Be a *Mary Magdalene*, never let your mistakes and judgments of other people stop you from experiencing true joy in Jesus.

Be a *Rebekah*, never forget that true beauty lies within. Draw your man closer to God through your character.

Lastly be *Sarah* age doesn't mater, Trust & believe. All is possible with God

�‍�‍��‍❤‍��‍❤‍�����‍❤‍��‍�‍�
Share with all women to encourage them. And to all men to encourage the women in their lives.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
THE THIRTY-ONE (31) SILENT FACTS ABOUT THE RAPTURE*

1. It is going to be the next greatest event that will shock all the continents of the world. Matt 24:40-42.

2. It is going to take place suddenly, abruptly, unexpectedly, without warning and without prior notice. 1 Thess 5:2

3. There shall be no second version of the event. 1 Thess 5:4

4. A greater percentage of Christians may be taken unawares. Matt 24:38-39

5. Careless Christians who miss the event will have no other similar gracious opportunity. Matt 13:49-50

6. The event shall have no regard or respect for ecclesiastical titles or church leadership positions. Matt 5:20

7. It shall be a day when the sheep shall be separated from the goats. Matt 25:32-33.

8. The day shall differentiate between the Broad Way Christians and the Narrow Way Christians. Matt 7:13-14

9. The day shall separate sincerity from hypocrisy. Gal 5:21

10. The day shall differentiate between those who harbour secret sins from those who abhor secret sins. Gal 5:20-21

11. The day shall separate those whose lives are hidden in Christ from those who are hiding in the church. Luke 13:27

12. The day shall show a glaring, clear, conspicuous, demarcation between Christians who walk on the path of holiness from those who walk on the path of worldliness. Heb 12:14

13. It shall be a day of double emotion: joy for some and unimaginable, indescribable, uncontrollable regrets for others. Luke 13:28

14. It shall be a day of surprises- some “Big names” may miss the flight while some “Less known” may be on board. 1 Cor 1:27

15. Another surprise may be that a man or woman who had faithfully served the Lord for many years may defile his or her garment a few minutes before the sound of that summoning trumpet and miss the flight while a notorious sinner may surrender his or her life to Jesus within the same time frame and go to heaven. Ezekiel 3:20

16. This event may happen now, today, this week, this month, this year or next year! Matt 24:36

17. Wise Christians, like the five virgins that took extra oil, are expected to get ready, yes, to get prepared. Matt 25:1-13

18. After the event, all those who are bitter against one another, malicious, unforgiving, jealous, arrogant, haters, hypocrites, drunkards, fornicators, adulterers, adulteresses, murderers with weapons and murderers with tongue etc, shall have enough time to continue in their trade. Heb 12:14-15.

19. When the event is over there shall be revival among those who have chosen to stay behind not because there will be a second chance, no, but because the reality of the event would have struck them like a thunderbolt. But they will have to pay with their own blood. 2 Tim 4:3

20. When the event is over, those who are left behind shall no longer be safe to worship in their gigantic, fanciful and multi-billion Dollars/Naira cathedrals. Instead they shall seek safety in caves, bushes and abandoned and dilapidated but hidden structures. Rev 6:15-17

21. When this great event is over, each time those who will miss their flight manage to gather for worship, they will pay attention to only one sermon- whether they gather in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North or South America; the sermon will only centre on “How to Meet the Divine Standard and Join the Other Saints”. Rev 14:6-7

22. It is also worthy to note that those who will be left behind will never have any business with comedians at their altars anymore. No! There shall no longer be gatherings for entertainments. Whenever, they manage to gather, it shall always be for serious religious business only. Luke 21:34

23. The prayer pattern of those who will be left behind will also undergo a radical change. They will not be praying for things anymore. They will only be praying for strength to withstand the tortures of the Anti-Christ and die bravely to join the other saints. None will be praying for jobs, marriages, etc. Rev 8:3-4

24. It is equally worthy of note that some of those who will miss their flight will not be able to endure the torture of the Anti Christ. They will receive the mark of the beast and thereby be doomed forever. Rev 14:9-11

25. When the ready saints are gone, all our denominational walls of partition will collapse. The man or woman who used to worship in Omega Fire, Jesus Chapel, Exousia Kingdom Gospel Centre, Deeper Life, for instance, will hide in the same place with those who worship in Christ Embassy, Church of God Mission, Assemblies of God, Word Aflame, Action Chapel, Winners Chapel, Lighthouse Chapel etc and nobody will remember to claim superiority anymore because  then they will be facing a common enemy. Eph 4:1-6

26. When this event is over, each time believers who will miss their flight manage to gather anywhere for worship, there will be an atmosphere of sobriety. This rowdiness we witness today shall be no more. 1 Peter 4:7, 1 Peter 5:8

27. There shall also be a radical change in the attitude of those who will miss their flight towards Bible study. What we have now is an attitude characterized by a high degree of nonchalance and indifference, but when the ready saints are gone, those who will be left behind will begin to take their bible study seriously. 2 Tim 2:15

28. All the teens and youths who come to church to please their parents will repent after this great event; yes, they will begin to seek God for themselves.

Rev 19:5, Rev 20:12.

29. When the event is over, all those who will do any form of business in the schools, hospitals, banks, etc, will have to bear the mark of beast (666) or be hunted down and killed like common criminals. Rev 13:17

30. One of the gains of this reminder is that there may be someone reading this piece today who will take a firm decision to ensure that he/she gets on board that celestial flight travelling to glory.

Rev 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:29, 3:6, 3:13, 3:22.

31. However, one of the greatest tragedies of this reminder is that there may be someone too who is reading this piece today but who will see no need to heed this warning. A tragedy indeed! Rev 22:11-12

*PLEASE SHARE TO SAVE A SOUL.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
THE POWER OF *I AM SORRY.*

*I am sorry,* a short but mighty sentence!

If you wish to live long, don't joke with this short sentence, *I am sorry.* Do you know how many people who had gone to early grave because they neglected the therapeutic power of *I am sorry.*

Single sorry can stop a war, n prevents millions of men, women including children from dying!

Most of the troubles in most homes are heightened because wives are too big to say *I am sorry* to their husbands and you can trust the ego of husbands in saying same to their wives.

Quarrel lingers between friends because no party wants to say *I am sorry.* Each says or asks, why should I be the first to say *I am sorry?* He or she would beat his or her chest and utter the ego phrase, *a whole me!*

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the part of the world where saying *I am sorry* is a hard nut to crack while curses are easily unleashed.

Welcome to the part of the world where people refer to a person who says *I am sorry* in a midst of a rift as a *weaker sex*: one who is not man enough; one who is foolish.

Welcome to Africa where saying *I am sorry* is tougher than forcing a donkey to pass through a needle hole.

All of us are victims of this discussion. We have lost valuable assets, money and even lives because of this cheap and affordable sentence *I am sorry.* It simply cost only a breath of speech.

Have you ever wondered why domestic violence is less pronounced in the western world? It is simply because they understand the efficacy of *I am sorry.*

Husbands say it to their wives and even children whenever they err, wives and children do the same and life goes on fine.

Friends, this is simply a piece to encourage us to cultivate a habit of saying *I am sorry.* It is difficult but readily affordable.

Learn how to say *I AM SORRY* even if you are right.

If this message offends you in one way or the other, *I am sorry*
My apologies.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by smscruize(m): 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
We have a comprehensive database of valid and active Nigerian Phone Numbers sorted and
classified into state by state and each state's Mobile number collection is further grouped
by their local Government (LGA). Our list makes it easier for your
targeted location-based campaigns, advertisements and mobile marketing activities in a
cost effective way. We can also assist you in sending Bulk SMS to your targeted Nigerian
audience through our reliable SMS gateway.

Nationwide database: N40000
State database: N10000
LGA: N4000

Price Negotiable

www.smscruize.com
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2017

FRIDAY 20TH OCTOBER, 2017

IMPORTUNE PRAYER OR VAIN REPETITION?

MEMORISE:
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

READ:
Luke 18:1-8

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Philippians2-4 & Daniel 10:1-14

A lot of people don’t know the difference between importune prayer and prayer with vain repetitions. Importune prayer, otherwise known as persistent or relentless prayer, is good and recommended by our Lord Jesus Christ, while vain repetitions are abhorred and condemned by Him. In our memory verse, the Lord Himself warned us against vain repetitions during prayer! The question is, what does it mean to pray using vain repititions? Does it mean, as assumed by lot of people, using the same words over and over again when praying? To answer this question, let’s take a look at what Mark 14:39 says about the prayers the Lord offered in the Garden of Gethsemane:
“And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.”
It is clear from this scripture that vain repetition does not mean repeating the same words in prayer. Using vain repetitions in prayer simply means continuously praying on a request for which God has said “No” or “Wait”, “it’s not yet time”, in the hope of stampeding Him into doing what He has purposed not to do in your own best interest. I remember when my children were still young and we were living in Mushin (Lagos, Nigeria), where there were so many reckless drivers around. My children asked for bicycles, but I refused to grant that request because I did not want to bury any of them. My answer to their request could be interpreted as, “Wait, it’s not yet time”. However, when we moved to the Redemption Camp, where the roads were safe for young fellows to ride bicycles, I decided it was time to grant their request. If they kept asking me for bicycles while we were still at Mushin, that could be interpreted as praying using vain repetitions.
In our Bible reading, the Lord encouraged importune or unrelenting prayer by using the illustration of a judge who was not sensitive to the plight of his petitioners, least of all a lowly widow. Importune prayer is the prayer we keep on saying when God has not given a verdict of yes or no. It demonstrates to God that we have no alternative to Him and what He can do for us. This story tells us that after the widow kept on going to the judge day and night, he decided to do what she wanted. Although God cannot be intimidated by our prayers, in as much as we ask according to his will and we do not grow weary in asking, He will always answer us. Daniel prayed importune prayer for twenty-one days before he got his answer. As a matter of fact, it was his importune prayer that prevented him from being robbed of the answer to his request which had been released on the very first day that he started praying, but was hijacked by principalities (Daniel 10:12-13). I pray that your cry to God will be heard today and you will have testimonies in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, avenge me of my adversaries today, and put laughter on my lips in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
My zeal inspire!
Oh, may my love to Thee
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
Be Thou my guide;
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:06am On Oct 20, 2017

By Pastor E.A Adeboye.

IMPORTUNE PRAYER OR VAIN REPETITIONS?

Friday October 20th 2017

Memorise: But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

Read: Luke 18:1-8 (KJV)

18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

18:2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

18:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

18:4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

18:5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

18:6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

A lot of people don’t know the difference between importune prayer and prayer with vain repetitions. Importune prayer, otherwise known as persistent or relentless prayer, is good and recommended by our Lord Jesus Christ, while vain repetitions are abhorred and condemned by Him. In our memory verse, the Lord Himself warned us against vain repetitions during prayer! The question is, what does it mean to pray using vain repetitions? Does it mean, as assumed by a lot of people, using the same words over and over again when praying? To answer this question, let’s take a look at what Mark 14:39 says about the prayers the Lord offered in the Garden of Gethesemane:

“And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.”

It is clear from this scripture that vain repetition does not mean repeating the same words in prayer. Using vain repetitions in prayer simply means continuously praying on a request for which God has said “No” or “Wait, it’s not yet time”, in the hope of stampeding Him into doing what He has purposed not to do in your own best interest. I remember when my children were still young and we were living in Mushin (Lagos, Nigeria), where there were so many reckless drivers around. My children asked for bicycles, but I refused to grant that request because I did not want to bury any of them. My answer to their request could be interpreted as, “Wait. It’s not yet time”. However, when we moved to the Redemption Camp, where the roads were safe for young fellows to ride bicycles, I decided it was time to grant their request. If they kept asking me for bicycles while we were still at Mushin, that could be interpreted as praying using vain repetitions.

In our Bible reading, the Lord encouraged importune or unrelenting prayer by using the illustration a judge who was not sensitive to the plight of his petitioners, least of all a lowly widow. Importune prayer is that prayer we keep on saying when God has not given a verdict or yes or no. it demonstrates to God that we have no alternative to Him and what He can do for us. This story tells us that after the widow kept on going to the judge day and night, he decided to do what she wanted. Although God cannot be intimidated by our prayers, in as much as we ask according to His will and we do not grow weary in asking, He will always answer us. Daniel prayed importune prayer for twenty-one days before he got his answer. As a matter of fact, it was his importune prayer that prevented him from being robbed of the answer to his request which had been released on the very first day that he started praying, but was hijacked by principalities (Daniel 10:12-13). I pray that your cry to God will be heard today and you will have testimonies in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point

Father, avenge me of my adversaries today, and put laughter on my lips in Jesus’ Name.

Bible in one year: Philippians 2-4, Daniel 10:1-14

Hymn: Sing hymn 1

486. our eyes wait upon the Lord our God' Ps 123:2

1. My faith looks up to Thee, Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine !

2. May Thy rich grace impart Strength to my fainting heart, My zeal inspire;
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be A living fire !

3. While life's dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread, Be Thou my guide;
Wipe sorrow's tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life's transient
dream,
When death's cold sullen stream
Shall o'er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then, in love,
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2017
Have you praised God today?
Just call these names,don't Stop

1. Wonderful
2. Counsellor
3. Prince of Peace
4. Eternal Rock of Ages
5. King of Glory
6. Mighty God
7. King of kings
8. Lord of lords
9. Lord of hosts
10. Lilly of the valley
11. Healer
12. Deliverer
13. Provider
14. Creator
15. Potter
16. Day Star
17. Cornerstone
18. Prophet of prophets
19. Saviour
20. I AM THAT I AM
21. Wisdom of God
22. Head of the church
23. Governor
24. Righteous Judge
25. Protector
26. Rock of offence
27. Shield
28. Merciful God
29. Gracious God
30. Faithful God
31. Giver
32. Victorious in Holiness
33. Consuming Fire
34. El Elyon
35. Jehovah Raphael
36. Jehovah Rohi
37. Jehovah Jireh
38. Jehovah Elgibor
39. Jehovah Sham ah
40. Jehovah Shalom
41. El Olam
42. Defender
43. Redeemer
44. Comforter
45. Trinity in Council
46. Instructor
47. Teacher
48. Inspirer
49. Reminder
50. Invinsible God
51. Hope of Glory
52. Lion of Judah
53. Root of Jesse
54. Man of war
55. Lamb of God
56. Sustainer
57. Convincer
58. Light of the world
59. Restorer
60. Silencer
61. Stiller of storms
62. Proclaimer
63. Father of the fatherless
64. Husband of the widow
65. Smith of heaven
66. The Way
67. The Truth
68. The Life
69. Bread of life
70. Bread Winner
71. Champion of champions
72. Winner of winners
73. Composer
74. Author
75. Finisher
76. Glorious in Holiness
77. Fearful in praises
78. Sleepless God
79. Ancient of days
80. Ageless God
81. Eternal God
82. Excellent God
83. Powerful God
84. Leader of leaders
85. Chief Inventor
86. Convener
87. Compassionate God
88. Commander-in-Chief of heavenly host
89. Worthy King
90. Overseer
91. Moulder
92. Shaper
93. Breaker
94. Praiseworthy God
95. Helper
96. Richer than the richest
97. Older than the oldest
98. Trustworthy God
99. Arranger
100. Master Builder
101. Master Planner
102. Master Minder
103. Arrester
104. Relentless God
105. Voice of hope
106. Beautiful God
107. Alpha and Omega
108.Game Changer
109. Our Refuge
110. Our fortress
111. Our Buckler
112. Our Banner
113. Strong Tower
114. Unchanging changer
115. Rose of Sharon
116. All in All
117. Pillar of our lives
118. The First Born
119. Lamb that was slain
120. The Glory & lifter of our heads
121. The word of God
122. Our Advocate
123. Our High Priest
124. Bishop of our souls
125. High and Lofty one
126. Almighty
127. Our Best Friend
128. On time God
129 Lion of Judah
130 Omnipotent
131. Omnipresent
132 Omniscient
133. Consumming fire Adonai
134. The beginning & the end
135 Living water
136 Unquenchable fire
137. Awesome God
138 I salute your excellency Baba
139 Battle stopper
140 Unquestionable God.
141 Jehova shikenu,
142 Mighty one in battle.
143 Glorious in Holiness,
144 Fearful in praises.
145 Mighty man of valour.
146 Miracle worker.
147 Rock of ages.
148 Merciful God
149 Advocate.
150 Always doing wonders.
151 Amen and Hallelujah.
152 Answer to prayers.
153 Intercessor.
154 Interceptor.
155 Balm of Gilead
There is no one like him. To Him Be The Glory Forever Amen
May God bless all those who will read these wonderful names of God to the end and share the blessings to others by sending to 6 people you love and care about.Tell more than ten people,i will not lose you this remaining part of the year 2017. send it back to me if you luv me...:*����. I won't lose u!. I LUV U soo Much```*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:10am On Oct 20, 2017
*Never hate those who are jealous of you. Infact respect their jealousy,* *because they're the first who think* *you're better than them. A beautiful life does not just happen....It's built daily with love,* *laughter, sacrifice, patience, grace and forgiveness, among other virtues.*
*Every successful person has a painful story and each* *painful story has a successful ending. Accept the pain and achieve the gain,* *and don't let little things get you* *down. Believe in your God-given* *abilities....God is in control.*
*Good morning and have a blessed day.*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:11am On Oct 20, 2017
But God!

"O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! ...But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head."
(Psalm 3:1-3, NIV)

When David wrote this verse, He was in a very difficult situation. He was actually running for his life from his very own son who wanted to kill him and take over the throne. Can you imagine?!

David was probably feeling overwhelmed, distraught, heartbroken, betrayed and abandoned. Have you ever felt that way?
But notice that David didn’t just tell the Lord all about his problems. He told the Lord about his faith when he said,
“But You, God, are a shield around me…”
David made the choice to focus on God’s goodness no matter what.

We have to remember, circumstances may be tough, but God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. You may have a difficult relationship, but God is your Restorer today. You may have an overwhelming need, but God is your Provider today.

The doctors may have told you that you have an incurable disease, but God is your Healer today. Things may look impossible today, BUT WITH GOD, all things are possible!

If you’ll keep that constant attitude of faith and victory, you’ll see the hand of God move in your life, and you will experience the life of victory He has in store for you!

LEAD YOUR LIFE !!!

CONFESS THiS:
"Father, thank You for always being faithful and working in my life. Today I open my heart to You and choose to focus on You instead of my circumstances. I know that with You, all things are possible in Jesus name. Amen."

LEAD YOUR LIFE !!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 6:22am On Oct 20, 2017
I decree a turning around for the best in all areas of your life and your home in the mighty name of Jesus;

Angels of the living God shall locate you to minister divine solutions to all areas of your needs in the mighty name of Jesus;

The mighty Hands of GOD will show up BIG in every area of your life, home, finances, ministry, career, business and situations;

Your breaking points shall turn into your breakthroughs in the mighty name of Jesus;

Your disappointment shall turn into appointments in Jesus name. God will justify you;

Where people have brought you down, God will lift you up, and build you up in Jesus mighty name;

Have dominion and remain blessed. Good day and Have a fulfilled weekend in Jesus Mighty Name.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by elvisscientist(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
you see many people selling herbs and all kinds of drugs to solve quick ejaculation.
am not here to sell any drugs but have got good news to all your frustration..

people don't understand what reading can do...av got a cure to it by just reading an practising what's written... in three weeks you will regret buying all sort of drugs to cure your quick ejaculation..no herbs just practising what will be shared to you..

call:08103107555
or add me on WhatsApp with same number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by PropertyAsset: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
Thanks for this post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2017

SATURDAY 21ST OCTOBER, 2017

KNOW & STAY WITHIN YOUR CALLING

MEMORISE:
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

READ:
1 Corinthians 12:4-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Colossians 1-4 & Daniel 10:15-11:6

Anyone who wants to be successful in life without struggling must know the reason why God sent him into this world. As a child of God, it is particularly very important for you to know your calling and stay within it. There are many reasons why a child of God should know and stay within his or her calling. The Holy Spirit expounds on this in Romans 12:3 saying:
“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”
This scripture reveals a serious mistake that knowing one’s calling could help to avoid. That mistake is thinking of oneself more highly than one ought to. For example, a person called as a teacher seeing himself as an apostle would get into a lot of problems. He or she will commit blunders, and can only be rescued by repenting and staying within the call of God with every sense of sobriety.
Also, in our Bible reading, we are exposed to the diversities of gifts given by the same Spirit of God. Irrespective of the type of gifts we are given, 1 Corinthians 12:7 says this about their purpose:
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.”
This scripture reveals that these gifts are for the purpose of blessing the Body of Christ. This is why you should never make merchandise of spiritual gifts. Freely the Holy Spirit gives, and freely we must operate in His gifts without profiteering. This might be the reason why Elisha refused to take the gifts offered by Naaman, the Syrian army general, after he was healed of leprosy (2 Kings 5:15-16). Moreover, we must not only know our calling, we must also stay within it as a matter of necessity. Those who would not stay within their calling will end up in frustration. The truth is, no calling is inferior to the other, and none is superior either (1 Corinthians 12:15-25). It is an inferiority complex that makes a child of God think that he or she is not gifted, when he or she can sing, witness or give generously without constraints. It takes a divine calling to be rich and still find it easy to distribute your riches to meet people’s needs. Ananias and Sapphira entered into the calling of giving like Barnabas, when they were not called into it, and they met their waterloo (Acts 4:36-37, Acts 5:1-11). That thing you are doing for God with ease is your area of calling. Identify and stay in it. God bless you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, open my understanding to know my calling and give me the necessary contentment to stay within it in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 15:
1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts and human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come, the Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n, the Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past, the morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail and fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills the day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

3. Lo, the great King of kings, with healing in His wings,
To every captive soul a full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells the song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

4. O boundless love divine! How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell the matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell, should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

5. Sing till the echoes fly above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above to all below reply,
In strains of endless love, the song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
elvisscientist:
you see many people selling herbs and all kinds of drugs to solve quick ejaculation.
am not here to sell any drugs but have got good news to all your frustration..

people don't understand what reading can do...av got a cure to it by just reading an practising what's written... in three weeks you will regret buying all sort of drugs to cure your quick ejaculation..no herbs just practising what will be shared to you..

call:08103107555
or add me on WhatsApp with same number

Sorry, please this place is not for this.
Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
SEX IS NOT FOR FUN...
SEX is a Spiritual bond (Soul tie)

How many men's/women's souls do you have inside of you? Every person you sleep with leaves a part of themselves with you. some of us think sex is for fun but you don't know that sex out of marriage is the greatest covenant that you can ever think of, Sexually transmitted demons are not something to play with and are harder to get rid of than diseases!!!! Soul ties are more powerful than you think. The right mate for you will PRAY on your soul not PREY on it. Women, God made u to be protected by your husband's and sex makes you feel married, even though you aren't. Sex is a spiritual bond because of the connection made during love making. Do you ever wonder what your soul looks like to GOD? Sex does more to the body than the eyes can see. Be careful who and what you allow your soul to tie to!!! This picture touched me. Think about it. Type Amen and share because doing that will save a soul for christ

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.