Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830204 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
Proverbs 24:10 "If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small."

“If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out, Then how can you compete with horses? If you fall down in a land of peace, How will you do in the thicket of the Jordan ?"
(Jeremiah 12:5 NASB)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
"And someone asked Him, Lord, will only a few be saved (rescued, delivered from the penalties of the last judgment, and made partakers of the salvation by Christ)? And He said to them, Strive to enter by the narrow door [force yourselves through it], for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. When once the Master of the house gets up and closes the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door [again and again], saying, Lord, open to us! He will answer you, I do not know where [what household—certainly not Mine] you come from. Then you will begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets. But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. And [people] will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit down (feast at table) in the kingdom of God. And behold, there are some [now] last who will be first [then], and there are some [now] first who will be last [then]."
(Luke 13:23-30)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:44am On Jun 24, 2020
"At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail."
(Job 14:7)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:39am On Jun 24, 2020
When the Holy Spirit reveals the truth about your life or something to you and you fail to accept it and make immediate adjustment/corrections, you are indirectly applying for the spirit of deception to overtake your whole life till eternity......
"and by unlimited seduction to evil and with all the deception of wickedness for those who are perishing, because they did not welcome the love of the truth [of the gospel] so as to be saved [they were spiritually blind, and rejected the truth that would have saved them]. 11 Because of this God will send upon them a misleading influence, [an activity of error and deception] so they will believe the lie,"
(2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 amp)
Let us humble ourselves and seek God's mercy and grace to accept as well as make urgent adjustment to the truth and revelations that the Holy Spirit is showing us in our hearts or through other people and circumstances....
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread
Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Blood of Jesus

The Spirit's Word: And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11 KJV (bracketed word mine)

Recently, the Lord told me what witches and evil personalities are scared of the most is His blood. We find this true in the opening text. We know that Jesus has brought us victory over all the forces of darkness. However, we contend to make it a reality. We make war and fight the good fight of faith, but victory is by the Blood of Jesus. Why is the devil easily dispatched by the blood? This is because the blood is sinless and holy. 1 Peter 1:19. The enemy has no answer to anything holy, pure and without blame. That's what the precious blood of Jesus provides us - righteousness and sanctification. Revelation 7:14. The blood speaks, as we see in Genesis 4:10 with righteous Abel. Jesus' blood speaks perfection over the lives of the saints. Hebrews 12:24. We partake of His eternal life when we drink His blood in the communion as He prescribed for us. John 6:53. I know some believers run away from the communion because of sin in their lives. It is not a wise thing to run away from what can save you.

The Old Testament priests used the blood of lambs, bulls and goats for the cleansing of the people of Israel from their sins. It didn't remit sin, but covered it. Now, Jesus' blood has remitted all our sins, and continually cleanses us from all sin today. Matthew 26:28, 1 John 1:7. We have been reconciled to God by the blood of Jesus, and now have peace with God. Ephesians 2:13. We also enter into the holiest by the blood. Hebrews 10:19. This is the secret to the secret place every preacher is talking about today, even though many don't experientially know what they are talking about. The blood is the ticket. I have heard some teaching that believers are not to plead the blood of Jesus over their lives. Perhaps, we should ask those teaching where they got their doctrine from. Everything in this kingdom is personally activated or triggered by words. 2 Corinthians 4:13. Plead the blood over your life, loved ones, your local church and everything that concerns you on a daily basis, and watch how Satan stays away completely. ✡️

Reminder: The Lord saved me from an accident by His voice that came early enough, that I should plead His blood. When the accident happened, I came out totally unscathed. It works when we speak or proclaim it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedchick(f): 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Tjayjosh I saw ur pm but I don't know it work
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tjayjosh(m): 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
blessedchick:
Hello blessedchick. Can we chat privately pls?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tjayjosh(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
blessedchick:
Just reply to the mail, and I will reply back.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedchick(f): 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
[quote author=Tjayjosh post=91038588]
Just reply to the mail, and I will reply back.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tjayjosh(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
blessedchick:

k here is my e-mail blessingarikpo37@gmail.com
Ok. Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2020
Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Old Vs The New

The Spirit's Word: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Genesis 3:15 KJV

God never changes. However, He change His covenant with man. The opening Scripture is God Himself making a decree on what should follow. Some Christians will hold on to this Word without realising it has been replaced by something better. Hear what the Lord Jesus said: Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:19. Can you spot the difference? The Old tells us the serpent shall be able to hurt us, but the new says nothing shall by any means hurt us. By any means is what it is. Both Scriptures are found in the Bible, and said by the same God. This is why we are admonished to study to be approved by God, and also rightly divide the Word of Truth. This way, we would never be put to shame. 2 Timothy 2:15.

This is very important. I always tell my friends and acquaintance to have a Bible study plan where you go through the entire Bible over a period of time, over and over again. Don't rely on devotional references. Know the Scripture for yourself, especially in these last days. I have had experiences of the devil giving me Scriptures from the Old Testament in order to keep me in bondage. But thanks be to the Holy Ghost who is always on time to bring to my remembrance what the New Covenant is all about. John 14:26. We must know the Word in and out. Don't underappreciate any book in the Bible. Know them all as they can save you from deception and manipulation of the devil. Jesus told us: every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
Matthew 13:52. Satan's tricks and craftiness knows no limit. We must not be casual with spiritual things. ✡️

Reminder: If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? Psalms 11:3 KJV
According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:10‭-‬11 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
“Can anyone hide himself in secret places So that I cannot see him?” says the Lord. “Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord." (Jeremiah 23:24 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
“Can anyone hide himself in secret places So that I cannot see him?” says the Lord. “Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord." (Jeremiah 23:24 amp)

There is no place or position or sinful lifestyle that you have gotten involved with that can hide us from the persistent call of God; Our Father so that we may become born-again in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ Crucified
thus
"All that My Father gives Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, never reject anyone who follows Me]." (John 6:37 amp)

God loves us(human beings) hence He is still calling us even now to repent and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified
thus
"14 Just as Moses lifted up the [bronze] serpent in the desert [on a pole], so must the Son of Man be lifted up [on the cross], 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life [after physical death, and will actually live forever]. 16 “For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge and condemn the world [that is, to initiate the final judgment of the world], but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 Whoever believes and has decided to trust in Him [as personal Savior and Lord] is not judged [for this one, there is no judgment, no rejection, no condemnation]; but the one who does not believe [and has decided to reject Him as personal Savior and Lord] is judged already [that one has been convicted and sentenced], because he has not believed and trusted in the name of the [One and] only begotten Son of God [the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, the One who alone can save him]." (John 3:14-18 amp)

Seek mercy and grace from the Holy Spirit so that you may be strengthened in mind and heart to manifest the lifestyle of Jesus Christ Crucified eagerly waiting for His second coming
thus
"Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s unmerited favor] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment]." (Hebrews 4:16 amp)

Receive grace to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified to all your family members and other human beings around you so that they will believe and receive salvation in Christ and those who have believed before now become renewed in grace to persist in their faith till the end
thus
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting comfort and encouragement and the good [well-founded] hope [of salvation] by His grace (unmerited-favor), 17 comfort and encourage and strengthen your hearts [keeping them steadfast and unshakable] in every good work you do and good words you speak. Amen."
(2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 amp)

"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling or falling into sin, and to present you unblemished [blameless and faultless] in the presence of His glory with triumphant joy and unspeakable delight, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and power, before all time and now and forever. Amen." (Jude 1:24-25 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:21am On Jun 26, 2020
"solemnly [and wholeheartedly] testifying to both Jews and Greeks, urging them to turn in repentance to God and [to have] faith in our Lord Jesus Christ [for salvation]."
(Acts 20:21 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by evolution4434: 5:29am On Jun 26, 2020
*Common Act that Angers God*

#DailyDose

There is an attitude common with humans that angers God more than anything else. God is always true to His words and promises, but He can postpone the word and promise He had made with a man if a man engages in this common act. The act we’re talking about isn’t new to us, it’s ‘unbelief.’ Many of us might take unbelief as the state of the heart of people who doesn’t believe in the reality of Jesus. But unbelief is also eating deep into Christianity today, and also denying Christians the victorious power and victory we are supposed to enjoy. unbelief is lack of faith and trust in the love of God unto us. many people believe in Jesus, but they’re never convinced that Jesus loves them. And some others believe that the totality of His love had been spent on the cross, and there is nothing more to enjoy.

*Therefore, when the Lord heard, He was full of wrath; a fire was kindled against Jacob, and His anger mounted up against Israel, because they did not believe in God, and they did not trust in His salvation. Psalms 78:21-22*

Background to the scripture above; God has shown mighty works, goodness, kindness and love to the Israelites, but they never learn the lesson that God intended for them to learn through His benevolence towards them. God did all He did for them not to boast to Israel that He is powerful, but so that Israel can know that He loves them, that He is more powerful than anyone and anything, and He will use that great power to always protect them and show His love towards them. But Israel refused to learn the lesson, they thought God was just showcasing His mighty powers. And at the slightest of any challenge, they murmur against God. They lacked insight that the God who provided water in the wilderness and manna in the desert is showing them love, and will extend the love to every other areas of their lives as the needs demand. But when a need for meat arose, they thought God didn’t care, and so God was annoyed.

It really irks God when His children lack faith in His love unto them. He did all He hath done and all He’s doing for us to show us that He loves us and will do anything and everything for us. Many people trust more in their job, spouse, properties etc. than they trust God, and they believe that if they lost them that that’s the end for them, and as a result they compromise on every standard of faith, holiness and righteousness. I believe the lack of faith and trust in the love of God is the main reason the power and wonders are lacking in many congregations and lives. God is love, and He quite understand what love is. He won’t watch with pleasure when His beloved is sick, He won’t watch with Joy when His beloved is lacking in any good thing, He won’t smile when His beloved is in sorrow. But He can’t help it, when the beloved has no faith and trust in His love to heal, supply, bless, and give joy. We actually sadden God by not believing in His love, because our unbelief will keep Him off showing us love, and He being off means losing for us, and watching His children lose angers Him and brings Him pain.

*Every weakness can be overcome. See this new video*, "Overcoming Your Weakness"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nuXoWc_1U

*To accept Christ, Pray*: Lord Jesus, I want to know you personally. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive you as my Savior and Lord. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life. Make me the kind of person you want me to be. Amen.

If you've prayed the above prayer, email me at mindofchrist00@gmail.com i would love to pray with you and send you some helpful materials.

Follow us on Instagram @mindofchrist_ https://www.instagram.com/mindofchrist_/ to enjoin all our materials

*Spread the Gospel*

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020

Singing Acceptable Songs

The Spirit's Word: For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
Psalms 47:7 KJV

What is it then?... I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
1 Corinthians 14:15 KJV

Believers must know that God is a very detailed personality. The construction of the Old Testament tabernacle shows this. He told Moses to ensure He followed the pattern as shown to Him in the visions of the heavenly tabernacle. Exodus 25:9. Details matter to God. Our God is excellent, and a perfectionist at that. Many sing songs because it appeals to them. The Psalmist told us to sing praises with understanding. God inhabits the praises of His people. Psalms 22:3. We don't want to tell Him the wrong things which may grieve Him, or cause Him not to dwell with us. This is why the New Testament places singing in the spirit before singing with the understanding as seen in the opening text. In the aspect of prayer, the Holy Ghost told us we do not know what and how to pray, so He helps us when we pray in tongues. The same can be said for singing as we ought to sing. Not every song we hear can bless the Lord's heart. This is why all our prayers and worship must go through the Holy Spirit who sanctifies and purifies it, making it acceptable.

Jesus answered the Samaritan woman that God seeks true worshippers apart from location. The elements for true worship is Spirit and Truth. John 4:35. Truth is God's reality: what is true, right and correct in His light. King David gave us the song: Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise. Psalms 100:4. This song is obsolete under the New Covenant. We are now the temple of God. 1 Corinthians 6:19. The song: Ancient of Days, as old as you are... '' is wrong. God is not old. We use the word old for things that are subject to time. Perhaps, someone can tell us how old God is. God dwells outside time. He is the ageless one. That should be the right word to replace the word old. Let us endeavour to vet every song lyric with New Testament reality. The Berean believers did that and God testified that they were more honourable and noble. Acts 17:11. We must give honour to God by giving Him truthful and acceptable praise and worship. ✡️

Reminder: One of man's purposes in life is to worship God. Let's do it God's way.

See profile for more devotionals
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
"You shall not take revenge nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor (acquaintance, associate, companion) as yourself; I am the Lord."
(Leviticus 19:18 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
"But when *he came to his senses*, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired men have more than enough bread, but I am dying here with hunger!"
(Luke 15:17 NASB)

What makes a sinner/unbeliever in the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified to come back to his/her senses ?
GRACE found only in Jesus Christ Crucified.
This is *the hunger for eternal-satisfaction/completeness* planted by God inside each human being which all the *temporary things (money, position, pleasures, wealth, fame e.t.c.)* can never satisfy until we return to God Our Father through belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified
Thus "...God has put a desire in man only HIM can satisfy" (Ecclesiastes 1:11 amp)

"We were created *inside Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world* for holiness and righteousness through love" (Ephesians 1:4)

May the Holy Spirit strengthen our minds and hearts with His mercy and grace to share this gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified with every sincerity and sense of urgency it demands in this generation so that more human beings will be satisfied with the FULL-LIFE of the GOD-HEAD in this world and life after death in Jesus Name. Amen.

Are you born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

Are you ready for the rapture of the Saints in Christ Jesus Crucified now ?

Are you preparing your family and all the human beings that you encounter daily on this earthly existence for the rapture of the Saints in Christ Jesus Crucified which can take place any moment from now ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Whoever does not meet this requirement is not a disciple of Jesus Christ Crucified:

" *Whoever* does not carry his own cross [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow after Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me] cannot be My disciple."
(Luke 14:27 amp)

"If *anyone* comes to Me, and does not [c]hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life [in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God]—he cannot be My disciple."
(Luke 14:26 amp)

"So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not [carefully consider the cost and then for My sake] [d]give up all his own possessions."
(Luke 14:33 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Luchiana1(f): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good evening to you
Please let's watch this clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8OG0jwzUuo and get ourselves blessed up.
Don't forget to like and subscribe �
God bless you all
Shalom
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dudesexy111: 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
I know my God is alive and he will be help me during this time....please give me bible verse I can pray over negative thoughts and intrusive thoughts thanks....God bless you all
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2020
Saturday, June 27, 2020

Out of Body Experience (OBE)

The Spirit's Word: I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2 Corinthians 12:2 KJV

Life is spiritual. We won't stop saying it. It doesn't matter the number of skeptics and naysayers, we know what we are talking about. Some people don't believe the spiritual aspect of life. It's just sheer pride, overly carnal, and wilful ignorance to be in that category. Everything physical was birthed first in the spirit. Hebrews 11:3. Apostle Paul talked about the possibility of an out of body experience. Many have died, and had their spirits wandering before they returned to their bodies by the mercy of God. I started seeing demons from the age of 10 years. I couldn't understand it. They would always come to me at nights and oppress me. The ignorant and politically correct folks euphemize this into a term called sleep paralysis. It is beyond the physiological. I would see this demons with my physical eyes in the same room with me, and then something starts to happen to me. It manifested as being unable to move any part of my body , swallowing my tongue, choking for air, my legs getting tied up, a weight on my chest, etc. It was a terrible thing.

I remember one time some years back, the demon came and I could see it just floating over me in my bed. It had flashes of electricity on its visage, and had the face of a rat and bear combined. I couldn't move but was not afraid. I decided to do nothing. Suddenly, I sat up on my bed. But I couldn't see anything because it was so dark before me. Then I realised it was my spirit that sat up because I turned to see my body still lying on the bed. In that darkness, I could still see my physical body lying on the bed. I was lost for words and thoughts in that brief moment. Miraculously, a hand hit my chest and forced me back into my body. That was how I woke up. God saved me from the devil's wickedness and cruelty. He wanted to cut short my destiny, but mercy said No. This is why I preach about the cruelty of Satan. He knows those that are a threat to his manipulations and endless cruelty. We must wake up and be alive to God. ✡️

Reminder: knowledge and understanding of God's Word, along side obedience keeps the enemy beneath you. Ephesians 1:20-22, 2:6.
2 Corinthians 10:6.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
"For whoever wishes to save his life [in this world] will [eventually] lose it [through death], but whoever loses his life [in this world] for My sake will find it [that is, life with Me for all eternity]."

(Matthew 16:25 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Though Jesus was GOD, He took human nature, refused to use his *abilities as God*, submitted to be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT in order to overcome the weakness/limitations/temptations of the human nature, in the same way those who believe in HIM can live *victorious lifestyle* over temptations, sin, curses, sickness, poverty, betrayals, persecutions, weaknesses, the-flesh e.t.c. each second that ticks just like HIM while He was in the flesh
thus
"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us spreads and makes evident everywhere the sweet fragrance of the knowledge of Him." (2 Corinthians 2:14)
"In the days of His earthly life, Jesus offered up both [specific] petitions and [urgent] supplications [for that which He needed] with fervent crying and tears to the One who was [always] able to save Him from death(caused by sin/disobedience to the perfect-will of God), and He was heard because of His reverent submission toward God [His sinlessness and His unfailing determination to do the Father’s will]. 8 Although He was a Son [who had never been disobedient to the Father], He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered. 9 And having been made perfect [uniquely equipped and prepared as Savior and retaining His integrity amid opposition], He became the source of eternal salvation [an eternal inheritance] to all those who obey Him," (Hebrews 5:7-9 amp)
Father, we receive grace to live a victorious life on this earth like Jesus Christ. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Sunday, June 28, 2020

Faith Communications

The Spirit's Word: That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Philemon 1:6 KJV

I love the opening verse. Some other translations use the words partnership, sharing, participation and fellowship in the place of communication. Our Christianity is a life of faith from start to finish with the Lord Jesus being the Author and Finisher of it. Hebrews 12:2. God has given every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3, and everything we desire according to God's will is according to our faith. I believe there is no believer that doesn't want his or her faith to be always effectual. Effectual means producing the desired or intended result. Faith works, but many don't know how. The Scripture says by the acknowledging of every good thing which God has deposited in you, because you belong to Christ. Ephesians 1:3, 2 Peter 1:3-4. All things are yours, so says the Word of God. 1 Corinthians 3:21. It is so because we put our faith in a good God through His Son Jesus Christ, who is our Lord. Have a solid foundation on this truth. Can you dare to totally believe it? That's your starting point. But how can you believe what you don't know?

This brings us to the word '' acknowledgement''. First, the root word is knowledge. This is knowing about something. Having the details of an information. It is being aware of that thing. To acknowledge also means to admit, agree with, recognise it and declare it in belief. It also means to be grateful. When you acknowledge something, you lay claim to it as yours. I found some synonyms for this word: avow, proclaim, confess, own, admit, allow and concede along side the ones already mentioned. In the case of healing, get His Word. How he healed all that came to Him. Matthew 8:17. It doesn't matter the illness, it's the same to God. It is man that puts a difference between them. Ask yourself if you want to remain sick. If your answer is no, then start acknowledging what God said about it. Say it violently until you see your intended results. The devil wanted to give me arthritis during the early stages of this lock down, but I said no. It took violent confessions plus constant walking. I made sure I did not rest or sit down until it was all gone, and it did. It's all yours for the taking because God cannot lie. ✡️

Reminder: If people would use their mouths right, many would be out of their problems in no time.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Prevailer001(m): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Happy Sunday dear Wishing you a bright and prosperous week ahead may you not experience depression,sorrow and frustration this week Once again I say "Happy Sunday to you dear"

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Living a victorious life over *sin* each moment on this our earthly existence :

"Well then, shall we keep on sinning so that God can keep on showing us more and more kindness and forgiveness?

2-3 Of course not! Should we keep on sinning when we don’t have to? For sin’s power over us was broken when we became Christians and were baptized to become a part of Jesus Christ; through his death the power of your sinful nature was shattered. 4 Your old sin-loving nature was buried with him by baptism when he died; and when God the Father, with glorious power, brought him back to life again, you were given his wonderful new life to enjoy.

5 For you have become a part of him, and so you died with him, so to speak, when he died; and now you share his new life and shall rise as he did. 6 Your old evil desires were nailed to the cross with him; that part of you that loves to sin was crushed and fatally wounded, so that your sin-loving body is no longer under sin’s control, no longer needs to be a slave to sin; 7 for when you are deadened to sin you are freed from all its allure and its power over you. 8 And since your old sin-loving nature “died” with Christ, we know that you will share his new life. 9 Christ rose from the dead and will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. 10 He died once for all to end sin’s power, but now he lives forever in unbroken fellowship with God. 11 So look upon your old sin nature as dead and unresponsive to sin, and instead be alive to God, alert to him, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Do not let sin control your puny body any longer; do not give in to its sinful desires. 13 Do not let any part of your bodies become tools of wickedness, to be used for sinning; but give yourselves completely to God—every part of you—for you are back from death and you want to be tools in the hands of God, to be used for his good purposes. 14 Sin need never again be your master,[b] for now you are no longer tied to the law where sin enslaves you, but you are free under God’s favor and mercy.

15 Does this mean that now we can go ahead and sin and not worry about it? (For our salvation does not depend on keeping the law but on receiving God’s grace!) Of course not!

16 Don’t you realize that you can choose your own master? You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal). The one to whom you offer yourself—he will take you and be your master, and you will be his slave. 17 Thank God that though you once chose to be slaves of sin, now you have obeyed with all your heart the teaching to which God has committed you. 18 And now you are free from your old master, sin; and you have become slaves to your new master, righteousness.

19 I speak this way, using the illustration of slaves and masters, because it is easy to understand: just as you used to be slaves to all kinds of sin, so now you must let yourselves be slaves to all that is right and holy.

20 In those days when you were slaves of sin you didn’t bother much with goodness. 21 And what was the result? Evidently not good, since you are ashamed now even to think about those things you used to do, for all of them end in eternal doom. 22 But now you are free from the power of sin and are slaves of God, and his benefits to you include holiness and everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
(Romans 6:1-23 TLB)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by agborodun: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
"The Lord does not delay [as though He were unable to act] and is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is [extraordinarily] patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."
(2 Peter 3:9 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Are we still the living sacrifice offered by faith in Jesus Christ Crucified to Abbah Father ?

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2020
Monday, June 29, 2020

Baptism of Fire

The Spirit's Word: But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.
Malachi 3:2‭-‬3 KJV

The Lord Jesus commissioned His apostles to go into the world, teach and make disciples of every nation; baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:19. These are three different baptisms which Jesus talked about, and not water baptism as some denominations teach. When we receive Jesus as Lord, and are baptised in water, we are baptised in the Son. This qualifies us for eternal life. John 3:3-5, Romans 6:3-5. We become new creatures in Christ after His likeness. 1 John 4:17. Holy Spirit baptism is what follows after this. It is imparted through the faith of the individual or laying on of hand by one called and ordained by Jesus into one of the ministerial offices. Acts 8:14-17. With the Holy Spirit, we are empowered to be witnesses for Christ. Acts 1:8. Also, He lavishes the gifts of the Spirit on us to edify the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:1-13. Any believer who refuses to speak in tongues doesn't have the Holy Spirit, or continues to grieve Him. Speaking in tongues is one of the Spirit's manifestation. We received Him as a Helper, and tongues is one major way He helps us. Romans 8:26-27.

The Baptism of Fire is that of the Father. He dwells in a light no man can approach. 1 Timothy 6:16. Light shines and burns. John 5:35. Fire is for purification. This is why devils can't stand it. God is holy and pure. The Holy Ghost does a sanctification work on the yielded believer, so that the Father can dwell in Him. John the baptist talked about this, just like the opening Scripture. Matthew 3:11-12. The Fire of God is to purify us from evil plantings of the enemy. Isaiah 4:4-6. When we are purified, we can offer acceptable sacrifices to God. It's all about the fire which is representative of His love. When you carry the fire of God, demons will always react to it when you are near. It is instant judgment on the oppressors and the wicked. Malachi 3:5, Malachi 4:1-3. Jesus is the baptiser of both the Holy Ghost and fire. Seek Him continually to carry this fire. God desires we offer up acceptable sacrifices from purged and purified vessels. The fire perfects what is twisted and perverted. ✡️

Reminder: Jesus came to reveal the trinity, and the kingdom. He desires that we enter into the fullness of it all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:04am On Jun 29, 2020
God is not unfaithful even in the midst of hardship, temptations, anxieties, circumstances, trials, persecutions and fears thus
"For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. *But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently*." (1 Corinthian 10:13 amp)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Lethal Power Of Lust / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.