Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830321 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:13am On Sep 02, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread
Wed, September 2, 2020
Topic: Jesus' Witnesses ✝️

The Spirit's Word: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Acts 1:8 KJV

A true witness of Jesus is one baptised in the Holy Ghost. When we received the Holy Ghost, and spoke in other tongues, we received a measure of power also. You became a battery bank of God's power that requires constant charging. The Holy Ghost is different from power. He is the One with all of God's power, but man can't contain all of God's power. For this reason, we have the Anointing, which, is the ability (not only power) of God that works in you, and through you to be a witness of Jesus. The opening Scripture tells us that it is in four levels. As a new witness of Christ, we are anointed as witnesses to our immediate environment, i.e. Jerusalem. This can also refer to the Church. Our Anointing is effective amongst fellow believers of like minds, who also believe as we do. There isn't much resistance to the power of God since there is faith for things to happen. However. We must grow in the Anointing in order to go a step further. The more we walk in obedience, faith, love, prayer, the Word of God and fasting; the more the Anointing in us develops. In truth, you will know when your Anointing has progressed.

The book of Ezekiel tells us of these four levels of the Anointing. It starts at the feet level, to the knees, to the loins or waist area, and finally an overflowing river. You can't take any gospel to the world without an overflowing river. Ezekiel 47:1-5. This is having the "spirit without measure" . John 3:34. This is what we should hunger for. We already have the Lord Jesus, and have the Holy Ghost. They are Persons, and not the Anointing. The Anointing is a product of your level of compliance with God's Word and God's free gift. So when people hunger and thirst for God, it is not actually Him. We already have Him, and He is enough for us. Now, you can hunger and thirst, or desire more of his power and glory. Psalm 63:1-2. At any level,we should keep seeking Him. There is always more with God. What a pleasant and honourable thing to be a witness for Jesus Christ. If, perhaps, you haven't been living up to this responsibility, it's not late. Don't let people perish by keeping quiet. Trust God for his gift of the spirit to be an effective witness. Every believer has a call to be a witness of Jesus. It is not restricted to the fivefold ministry.

Reminder: Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luke 10:2 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Lucheeana: 11:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
We are online�! Join us for midnight prayers
https://mixlr.com/school-of-the-supernatural

Click and listen with browser.Let us agree with you in prayers concerning that need.12:00am-2:00am join ur whatsap group https://chatDOTwhatsappDOTcom/JHzFO54Qz1UBOALurErAk7 please don't forget to replace DOT with' .'
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:26am On Sep 03, 2020
“And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent"
(Revelation 3:14-19 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:28am On Sep 03, 2020
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”
(Revelation 3:20-22 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Thu, September 3, 2020
Topic: Don't Dishonour People ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
John 8:49 KJV

The Jewish elders, scribes, and pharisees were always fond of disagreeing with Jesus. They couldn't stand him. They were always dishonouring Him. They criticised his speech and actions. It is a terrible thing to dishonour people. It is not compulsory to agree with everybody. However, we must not go about disparaging people. The Bible tells all to honour all men. 1 Peter 2:17. How can you receive honour when all you do is dishonour people? We reap what we sow in this life. It's okay to disagree with people, but we must do it on love. We ought to seek clarity, rather than become judges. Think about what Jesus went through. He only wanted to do what God assigned Him, but what did He get? Resistance at almost every turn. Remember, He tried to hide from all these in the beginning. He didn't start doing public miracles in an ostentatious manner. He would hide from time to time. This tells us the kind of personality He had: meek and humble. He was never seeking His own glory, neither did He seek it from men, yet many dishonoured him. So sad.

When you dishonour people, you will be lightly esteemed anywhere you turn. Honour is a seed. Honour is not eye service, neither is it unnecessary flattery or pleasantry. We live in a generation where social media is fast corrupting the minds of people. Don't join such a bandwagon. They are only headed in the path of destruction. Is it such a terrible thing to respect people? Think about the work the enemy is doing in our generation. The level of selfishness, greed and pride has gotten to a peak. It is prophesied that: To begin with, you must know and understand this, that scoffers (mockers) will come in the last days with scoffing, [people who] walk after their own fleshly desires
2 Peter 3:3 AMPC. People who mock everything they see and hear, completely void of empathy and understanding. It's a time bomb age we're living in. In as much as grace prevails, God's Word stands sure. Everyone involved in such misdemeanor has a cup. If yours gets full, you must drink of it. Don't cast your lot with those of the world whose end is utter destruction. Jude 8-19. A word is enough for the wise.

Reminder:... they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans1:28-32.KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by jamata20: 10:04am On Sep 04, 2020
uracefriend:

Thu, September 3, 2020
Topic: Don't Dishonour People ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
John 8:49 KJV

The Jewish elders, scribes, and pharisees were always fond of disagreeing with Jesus. They couldn't stand him. They were always dishonouring Him. They criticised his speech and actions. It is a terrible thing to dishonour people. It is not compulsory to agree with everybody. However, we must not go about disparaging people. The Bible tells all to honour all men. 1 Peter 2:17. How can you receive honour when all you do is dishonour people? We reap what we sow in this life. It's okay to disagree with people, but we must do it on love. We ought to seek clarity, rather than become judges. Think about what Jesus went through. He only wanted to do what God assigned Him, but what did He get? Resistance at almost every turn. Remember, He tried to hide from all these in the beginning. He didn't start doing public miracles in an ostentatious manner. He would hide from time to time. This tells us the kind of personality He had: meek and humble. He was never seeking His own glory, neither did He seek it from men, yet many dishonoured him. So sad.

When you dishonour people, you will be lightly esteemed anywhere you turn. Honour is a seed. Honour is not eye service, neither is it unnecessary flattery or pleasantry. We live in a generation where social media is fast corrupting the minds of people. Don't join such a bandwagon. They are only headed in the path of destruction. Is it such a terrible thing to respect people? Think about the work the enemy is doing in our generation. The level of selfishness, greed and pride has gotten to a peak. It is prophesied that: To begin with, you must know and understand this, that scoffers (mockers) will come in the last days with scoffing, [people who] walk after their own fleshly desires
2 Peter 3:3 AMPC. People who mock everything they see and hear, completely void of empathy and understanding. It's a time bomb age we're living in. In as much as grace prevails, God's Word stands sure. Everyone involved in such misdemeanor has a cup. If yours gets full, you must drink of it. Don't cast your lot with those of the world whose end is utter destruction. Jude 8-19. A word is enough for the wise.

Reminder:... they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans1:28-32.KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2020
"Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us."
(2 Timothy 1:13-14 NKJV)

You can *only sustain the sound gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified* that you have heard and believed by *the Holy Spirit workings within your mind, memory, emotions, sense-organs and free-will*

This entails submitting to the power of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection in *100% obedience and willingness to trust as well as stick to what God's mercy and grace alone provides for us* no matter how uncomfortable and inconvenient it appears to us or how unacceptable, unreasonable and offensive it appears to other human beings around us as well as the current circumstances that we find ourselves.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2020
Fri, September 4, 2020
Topic: Build Up ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
Acts 20:32

You are a building in Christ, even a city. Matthew 5:14. To grow is different from being built up. We must desire the sincere milk of the Word that we may grow. 1 Peter 2:2. You can grow, but this is not the same as being built up, or fortified, or established. It is the Word of His grace that establishes us. I have met people who are sound in the Word, as it were, mature believers. However, they lack strength. We see children grow up, and that is normal. But we see some who are healthier than some others, or who are fitter than others. Spiritual strength is the hallmark of being built up by the Word of His grace. Spiritual muscles are a function of the Word of His grace. What does this means? We must be established in the truth that it is only the grace of God that makes us stand. This is not to say we don't do anything. This is where many miss it. I have heard some preachers say there is nothing left to do. Far from it. The Apostle Paul testified that: But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1 Corinthians 15:10.

It will be a grave mistake to attribute any of your works to what you receive in Christ. Yes, we must labour in the Word, in prayers, in fasting, in watching, in serving, etc. But we must only and always acknowledge that it is His grace that works in us. Think about it. We have received everything by His grace alone. He was the One who died for the world. It was His blood that was shed. This is why grace is the biggest thing in the new testament. But many have mistaken this for idleness, or slackness, or unrighteous living. It is not by works for anyone in Christ. Hear what Apostle Paul told us again: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2 Corinthians 3:5. There is no boasting in this kingdom. If we must boast, we are only permitted to do it in God who has enabled us. 1 Corinthians 1:31. It is by His mercies we are not consumed. He is faithful, and never changes, so we are preserved. Next time you think of considering yourself in a sanctimonious fashion by comparing how much you fast or pray or study the Word, more than your brethren, you are wrong. It will be hard for you to receive from God, because you still cling to the magnitude of your works.

Reminder: And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Romans 11:6 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by primeedulab: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hear him speaks words of encouragement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uh8VqKtj5o
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2020
Sat, September 5, 2020
Topic: Finding Grace in His Eye ✝️

The Spirit's Word:... Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Genesis 6:8‭-‬9 KJV

No one can claim to be an encyclopedia of the ways of God. We all know that God is not a respecter of persons. Acts 10:34, Romans 2:11. He accepts those that fear Him, and work righteousness. The first one after the fall to find grace in God's eye was Noah. To find grace means to be highly favoured by God. God loves humanity, but He also has favourites. It is wisdom to know what qualifies one to be in this awesome position with God. Looking at what was said about Noah, He was a just man (who believed in God), perfect in his generations (obeyed God and His Word), and walked with God (was in constant fellowship with God). Noah's generation was a corrupt one. All flesh had been corrupted or mingled with the seed of fallen angels. I always find this part of the Bible difficult to imagine. But think about our generation, and how science is going deeper and deeper into depths of darkness. We hear of various experiments being carried out for different selfish and sinister missions. Noah was separated from the works of wickedness and violence that was normal in his day. For this reason was He singled out by God. The name Noah means rest. Knowing the importance God attaches to names, especially in those days, we can say He was a man of rest and peace. He rested in God as his only hope and salvation.

The Bible tells us: the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
2 Chronicles 16:9. A perfect heart is what qualifies us to find this special grace and favour in God's eye. What does it mean to have a perfect heart? The heart is the spirit. First, you must have a new heart which is to be born again, and be baptised in the Holy Spirit who becomes one with our spirit. From this point, we must remove every form of guile and deception from our hearts. We can lie to people, but we can't lie to God or self. God has nothing to do with hypocrites. He commands all to bring every hidden thing to the light. Luke 8:17. King David was a man after God's heart, because he was yielded to God. David didn't put up any resistance towards God. Acts 13:22. When we still try to cover our sins, or disregard any point of God's Word, we are far from having this perfect heart. There must be sincerity and truth. 1 Corinthians 5:8. Nathaniel was a man in all of Israel in whom was found no guile. Jesus testified that of him, and because of that, the Lord told him how he would see angels ascending and descending upon Him. When your heart is free of guile, and having sincerity and truth, the spiritual becomes your natural realm quite easily. John 1:47-51.

Reminder: Perfection starts with godly sincerity and truth of heart.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
"He told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and earth. Therefore go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and then teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this—that I am with you always, even to the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2020
Sun, September 6, 2020
Topic: Strength For The Last Days ✝️

The Spirit's Word: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Revelation 12:12 KJV

The evil in the world is on the increase. The enemy has a short time, and increased wrath. He wants to discredit God by taking as many with him, including believers, to the lake of fire. A Christian ought not to fear as long as he or she is standing strong. We need strength like never before in the coming days. It will take strength, faith and endurance to survive the onslaught of the enemy. Power alone would fail. Power is only effective where these three are in optimum level. We gather strength by waiting upon the Lord. The most important aspect of waiting upon God is hearing the voice of God. This is because: The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars yea, the Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon. Psalms 29:4‭-‬5. When you hear His voice, you are in tune with what He is set to do. You also receive divine intelligence of all the enemy plans to do. How can you be perturbed? No matter what the enemy throws at you, you'll remain standing like Mount Zion that can't be moved. Psalm 125:1-3. Who can trust God better than the One who constantly hears His voice, and already knows how the matter will end?

Elijah was a man of power, but fainted when the wicked Jezebel threatened him. 1 Kings 19:3-4. But he did return to them after going on a journey. He heard the voice of God, and was comforted. The enemy will do all manner of theatrics to make us fall. However, the Bible says: Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:10‭, ‬13. Waiting on God to hear from Him offers us the strength to resist temptation and the attacks of the enemy. Waiting is more effective when we fast, and separate ourselves from every distractions. It is not quite an easy thing to tune into the spirit, but it takes practice. Yes, it takes practice. The more you spend quiet times with God, a time comes when these seeming distractions no longer interfere. We must know that in this kingdom, everything works better when we persevere. Perseverance is the bedrock for every spiritual virtue to deliver. Confessions of the scriptures won't deliver for us when we don't do the Word, and persevere. Before Jesus started talking things to be, he persevered.

Reminder: But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1 Peter 5:10 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
If you believe in Jesus Christ Crucified; GOD(Father, Son and the Holy Spirit) abodes/dwells with your mortal-body:

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
(John 14:23 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
WATCHMAN OVER YOUR SOUL AND OTHER HUMAN SOULS:
“So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul."
(Ezekiel 33 :7-9 NKJV)

If you are unwilling to share the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified to any and every human being that you encounter daily on this earth because you are scared of hurting their emotions, religious-beliefs, ideology, philosophy, theology, principles, religious-titles, academic-qualifications, relationship with you or other human being, generosity/kindness towards you or other human beings, membership with your group or platform e.t.c because *the gospel is the only way through which God transforms the unrighteous/wicked into a right-standing(righteousness) with HIM* then if such person dies in unrighteousness/wickedness/flesh/unbelief; he/she will spend eternity in hell-fire but his/her eternal punishment was caused by you and you will be answerable to God *for the eternal loss of that human soul*
however
if you respond to God's grace and share the gospel with such human being perhaps he/she will also respond to God's grace, repent from unbelief and receive salvation in Christ Jesus Crucified
But
if he/she refuses to respond to God's grace through repentance from sin/flesh/unbelief and salvation in Christ but continues in sin and dies in sin then he/she will spend eternity in hell-fire and his blood will be upon his/her own head.
This scripture does not apply to old testament method of God drawing human beings to repentance alone because Paul also made reference to this issue in his teachings thus

"And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day *that I am innocent of the blood of all men*. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God." (Acts 20:25-27 NKJV)

Can I say as at now that I am innocent of the blood of all men(my own-soul, mother, father, brothers, sisters, husband, wife, children, neighbors, office-colleagues, class-mates, flat-mates, play-mates, church-mates e.t.c.) that I have encountered daily in this world ?

Can You say as at now that you are innocent of the blood of all men(your own-soul, mother, father, brothers, sisters, husband, wife, children, neighbors, office-colleagues, class-mates, flat-mates, play-mates, church-mates e.t.c.) that you have encountered daily in this world ?

Let us not wait when any of these people dies without hearing the *whole counsel of the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified from us* and we shall start praying after their death and wishing them to enter heaven or have peace(Christ) which they never heard/believed while they were alive. Such prayers and wishes for the dead does not have any response from God hence John declared any person who sees another human being committing sin until death should not pray for such person thus

"If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. *There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.*
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."
(1 John 5:16-17 KJV)

This is what it means for us to allow the LIGHT which is the new creation life of Christ now within us to shine upon all other human being in order to give them the most important gift of love(salvation) from GOD to all human being.

This is the primary reason why we were created on this earth and born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified thus

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
(John 9:5 NKJV)

"Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. *For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth*. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” (John 18:37 NKJV)

Abbah Father, we come to you seeking your mercy for not responding and using your grace to draw our-own-soul/unbelievers/unrighteous/wicked-people towards you through the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ Your Son, forgive us for the blood of so many people in hell-fire now hanging over our head because of our negligence and misuse of your grace, fill us with the freshness of Your Holy Spirit as on the day of Pentecost now that we may boldly share the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified in thoughts, deeds, words, prayers and actions with ourselves and the whole creation consistently as well as progressively until Jesus comes again to judge the living and the dead in Jesus Name. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AmbFmk: 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
UPHOLDING THE JOY OF SALVATION: Unveiling Three Little Sins That Almost Took My Joy.

Do have a review
https://www.ambassadorofgrace.com/2020/09/upholding-joy-of-salvation-unveiling.html
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:"
(1 Peter 2:21 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
"He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked."
(1 John 2:6 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
"This mystery has been kept in the dark for a long time, but now it’s out in the open. God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God’s glory. It’s that simple. That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. *To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less.* That’s what I’m working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me."
(Colossians 1:26-29 MSG)

When you are matured in Christ; it only means to be *basic* which entails to *focus on Christ; no more, no less!!!*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2020
Mon, September 7, 2020
Topic: Programmed For Success ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 KJV

Talk about a happy Scripture in the Bible, the opening verse is one perfect example of such. It is one that encourages, consoles, comforts, motivates, gladdens, etc. Truly, all things work together for good to everyone that loves God, and who He has called. What this means is that you have recognised the calling of God in your life, accepted it, and now going in the same direction. God is more willing than we are to see His plans and purposes unfold on earth. Remember, we don't even know the end of our purpose. We only run with it, because we love God, and want to cooperate with Him. But, God is a perfect God. He knows all things, and has designed us to fit into a perfect maze. In my most recent years, I have discovered that God truly has everything planned out. The way and manner many things just fall into place keeps me wondering how it could have happened by chance. On the contrary, it is purely the Hand of God. The Bible tells us that: There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord , that shall stand. Proverbs 19:21. You may be in a position right now that doesn't look like God's hand is with you. It could even be a situation that puts you on the other side of God. However, God controls times and seasons. He factored all the circumstances into the equation.

The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord , as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Proverbs 21:1. The ways of God are beyond finding out all of it. We can only know just a little of it as the Spirit of God reveals to us. The depths and heights of God are boundless, and so, how can any human attain to it? God uses any base thing, or even a miserable situation to bring out the most glorious. He can do any thing. It is wisdom to love God, so that all things work for our good. All things work for bad to the haters of God, until they are completely humbled. And if they refuse to repent, then they pass away with the rest of the works and agents of evil. Loving God is being committed to Him. We are not equal with God, and will never be. Hence, we must submit to Him. Until we choose to submit and obey Him, it's a vicious circle of frustration. The truth is that God can't force you to love Him. One thing I have realised about loving God is that, it may seem to be difficult at first, but He takes you through the fire of trials to purify your motives and your thoughts about Him. After this, you'd never be moved.

Reminder: We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
"I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he who believes [in Me as Savior—whoever adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me—already] has eternal life [that is, now possesses it]"
(John 6:47)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men(human being),
12 this same grace teaches/trains us how to resist/reject/renounce sin and worldly lusts, this same grace teaches/trains us how to live holy, righteous, and self-controlled lives, in this present world" (Titus 2:11-12)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29 For our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:28-29 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
no matter what is happening in your life, continue to ask God for His mercy and grace to remain holy and undefiled in body, spirit and soul by the new creation life of Jesus Christ Crucified that you carry inside your whole being now
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
There is no reward for beginners rather finishers.....
Remain in the grace that is found in Christ Jesus Crucified.....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2020
OUR GREATEST WEAPON AT ANY POINT IN TIME:

As disciples of Jesus Christ Crucified our greatest weapon whether in sufficiency of provisions or lack is the WORD OF GOD which is the correct interpretation of the teachings(gospel) of Jesus Christ not even prayers or rituals because *the word of GOD is GOD* (John 1:1). You can be praying and fasting in a wrong way and such prayers will never receive any response from God because you are *praying wrongly(amiss) and against the perfect will of God* thus

"You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures" (James 4:3 NKJV)

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that *if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us*." (1 John 5:14)

hence *prayer is not powerful rather correct word from God for you or me is actually power* therefore you/me need to hold unto God's word which is God because it is the only equipment that you can use to get anything that God has provided for your life thus

"According as *his divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness*, through the *knowledge(studying of God's word) of him* that has called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3)

It is the correct understanding and use of God's word that will help you to begin to walk in the provisions of God for your life on earth and know when to wait patiently even in lack for the provisions of His mercy and grace for your life as well as when to engage in any particular action thus

"And though the Lord gives you
The bread of adversity and the water of affliction,
Yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore,
But your eyes shall see your teachers.
21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
22 You will also defile the covering of your images of silver,
And the ornament of your molded images of gold.
You will throw them away as an unclean thing;
You will say to them, “Get away!” (Isaiah 30:20-22)

look at God giving Jeremiah His word to pull down and build himself and other human beings as well as the nations *through HIS WORD*
thus
"Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant." (Jeremiah 1:4-10)

Look at Jesus giving His disciples all authority and power in heaven as well as earth through HIS WORD thus

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:18-20)

See Jesus instructing His disciples not to carry any money or extra clothing but only carry His word....
thus
"Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. 2 He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 3 And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.
4 “Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. 5 And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”
6 So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere." (Luke 9:1-6)

yet when they came back Jesus was asking them even though I told you not to carry money, bags or extra-clothing but only my word did you lack anything and they answered "we lacked nothing"
thus
"And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?”
So they said, “we lacked Nothing.” (Luke 22:35)

hence the only thing you need at each point of our lives both in riches and in lack in order to walk in the perfect-will of God is HIS WORD

So, let us return back to the word of God, seeking his mercy and grace in order to personally and deliberately study, understand and apply the written/revealed word of God in each situation and moments of our lives, if we want to get things right and accurate in our lives according to the perfect-will of God.

Grow in the grace and the knowledge(studying/revelation/understanding/application) of Our Lord Jesus Christ teachings (2 Peter 3:18)

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
"For the *word of God* is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2020
“Then I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, with *an eternal gospel to preach* to the inhabitants of the earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God [with awe and reverence], and give Him glory [and honor and praise in worship], *because the hour of His judgment has come*; [with all your heart] worship Him who created the heaven and the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”
8 Then another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon(false-gods) the great, *she who has made all nations(human beings)* drink(receive) the wine(gifts of the flesh/sinfulness) of the passion of her immorality [corrupting them with idolatry].”
9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “Whoever worships the beast(false-gods) and his image and receives the mark [of the beast] on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he too will [have to] drink of the wine of the *wrath of God*, mixed undiluted into the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone (flaming sulfur) in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb (Christ). 11 And *the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night—those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name*.” 12 Here is [encouragement for] the steadfast endurance of the saints (God’s people), those who habitually keep God’s commandments and their faith in Jesus.”
(Revelation 14:6-12)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Tue, September 8, 2020
Topic: Scarcely Saved? ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 1 Peter 4:18 KJV

“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will happen to the ungodly and the sinner?”
1 Peter 4:18 WMB

False teachers are not necessarily evil. Some are Satan's agents, while others are ignorant. The ones who are ignorant are either wilfully ignorant, or just lazy to study God's Word for living. It is a terrible thing to open your Bible only when you want to teach, or for the sake of prideful knowledge. This Word of God that we preach is a sweet savour to some, and to others, a token of their impending perdition. 2 Corinthians 2:15-16. May God give us wisdom. First, I'll like to say that the salvation message must be preached to all at every level, and not just those who the enemy has blindfolded. Even Christians can miss it. We must preach salvation continually to checkmate our lives, if we are still in the faith. Apostle Paul told us: Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Corinthians 13:5. If he saw the need to say that, it means a Christian can lose his salvation. "Once saved is always saved" is pure nonsense. It's a doctrine from hell.

The opening verse is full of clarity. There is no other way you can interpret it. It is hard for the righteous to be saved. The righteous is the believer. We must persevere to be saved. We must continue in the faith to be saved. We must live a righteous and holy life to be saved. We must be in constant fellowship and communion with God to be saved. Salvation is something we ''hope'' for in the day of His appearance. Romans 8:24, 1 Thessalonians 5:8. The salvation we have now is by grace through faith. Ephesians 2:8. But when He shall come, it is faith, hope and love that He is coming for. He has to find these three in you. You can't live anyhow. You are not wiser than God. God will never be mocked by any mortal man. It's wisdom to find God through His Word. Seek Him more, and never be full of yourself that you think you have figured it all out. Let him who thinks he stand take heed lest he fall. 1 Corinthians 10:12. Don't be among those that make a merchandise of God's Word. The Word owns you, and not the other way around. It is your source, because the Word of God is God Himself. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

Reminder: Those who say you can't lose your salvation have many struggles with righteousness and holiness. Read Phillippians 2:12.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
"Do we begin again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as some others, epistles of commendation to you or letters of commendation from you? 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
(2 Cor.3:1-6 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Application of the Sound Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified for every type of person in the human family:

"But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, 8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
9 Exhort bond-servants(house-servants) to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back, 10 not pilfering/stealing, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things."
(Titus 2:1-10 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2020
Wed, September 9, 2020
Topic: First Get It Right ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye. Luke 6:42 NKJV

It is a fact that people struggle with a lot of things. It is also a big travesty to try to help people in the thing you still struggle with. It can't work. What principles could you teach them that has refused to work out for you. It is better you let them know you also struggle with such, and then present any truth you may have found about it. Jesus says it is hypocritical to claim to have the answers when it is so obvious you are neck deep in the same or similar problem. This is why we must preach to ourselves, before venturing to preach to others. Everyone can share the Gospel of salvation, but when it comes to certain truths that are unverified by you, how can you help another person? You can't preach divine health to someone when you always fall sick, or take preventive medication. There is no spirit backing up your message, and it won't yield any fruit in the lives of those that you are offering. It is important we spend time with God. Everyone came into this world with one negative issue or another. To some, it is more than they can bear. If we spend time with God, He can help us overcome. And we can, in turn, help others. This is because you can always relate with such plight.

No man can help another man without being first helped by God. If God helps you, there is a motivation and drive to help others. You're also empowered by the Spirit to help others out of their problems. The truth is we can worsen people's problems when we think we can help them. Only God can help or deliver anybody. There has to be a breaking of the outer man in order to release the Spirit. And for the outer man to break, we must become selfless, and not selfish. Don't go to people with a superiority as though you never had problems of your own. I like to be frank with people, and sometimes I know I can be hard. Everyone's situation is peculiar, and we don't know how God would want the matter to end. For this reason, I try to always point people to God. However, most people look to men rather than God. They say they want God, and more of him, but in their hearts they need a quick fix, and if man would give it to them, they are okay with that. Our motive may be pure for trying to help others, but it is not in every situation we think we can help. There is always something we can do, which is encourage and strengthen people. If we can't help their situation, let's not make it worse.

Reminder: You may get some answers from men, but let your eyes always be on God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.