Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Homosexuality And Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality And Religion (5608 Views)

Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Reptyle(m): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ Poster

Homosexualism is a sin!

Homosexuals are sinners as are thieves, liars, fornicators, etc.

God loves sinners but detests sin. That is why he wants them to repent and be saved!

The bible expressly condemns homosexuality and bestialism but even if it doesn't condemn same sex marriage, it does not recommend it. The Bible was clear on the relationship between man and woman and surely that isn't disputable.
You say you don't believe in God but you spend so much time probing into his existence and trying so hard to convince believers that he doesn't exist. Do you know how many people in history have made this a life-long vocation and died all depressed because they failed woefully? I do not fault the fact that you don't believe in God; that is ur religion and is essentially between you and God (What, do you think your refusal to acknowledge him makes him any less God?) But you really need to stop this pointless pursuit. It was pointless centuries ago and it is still pointless today.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2008
Also one of the reasons God destroyed Sodom and Gomorah.

sodom and gomorah was destroyed by earthquakes and not some action of GOd

Are you into it? Stop it now! That is sexual perversion it is a SIN

ones sexual preference is not a SIN. i bet u hypocrites have sex before marriage and engage in MouthAction.

now u see what i posted, he is trying to prove that he is a descendant of ape so homosexuality is normal for him. please lets stop argueing with the ape aka animal.

there's evidence of our relationship with apes due to DNA and many intelligence studies. u are just in denial.

Homosexuals are sinners as are thieves, liars, fornicators, etc.

thieves, liars and fornicators harm people, homosexuals dont.

The bible expressly condemns homosexuality and bestialism but even if it doesn't condemn same sex marriage, it does not recommend it.

homosexuality and beastility are distinct.

But you really need to stop this pointless pursuit. It was pointless centuries ago and it is still pointless today.

the atheist pursuit would have been crushed centuries ago if it had no merit.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Reptyle(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2008
But you really need to stop this pointless pursuit. It was pointless centuries ago and it is still pointless today.

the atheist pursuit would have been crushed centuries ago if it had no merit.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

Therationa, name me one of the merits. You only need to evaluate your efforts on Nairaland so far to see the pointlessness of your exploits. I mean, how many people have you, Horus and all the other non-believers think you have managed to convince with all your historical research? All you guys have managed to do is expose yourself as God haters, which is ok (Like I said before, it does not make God any less God) I have challenged you to try this your christianity bashing on the great religion for a change. I have no problem with Atheism. Its not my place to judge you. That is an exclusive preserve of God whom I believe in. However, if your own version of Atheism is based solely on trying to dispute the existence of God as believed by Christians, then it is pointless as it has been over the ages. Christianity has waxed stronger and stronger and i expect that by now, you should realize that it is absolutely pointless to stand in the way of this racing train. The Church of God is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail!!!!
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2008
Reptyle:
However, if your own version of Atheism is based solely on trying to dispute the existence of God as believed by Christians, then it is pointless as it has been over the ages. Christianity has waxed stronger and stronger and i expect that by now, you should realize that it is absolutely pointless to stand in the way of this racing train. The Church of God is marching on (despite bawomol's weak scholarship) and the gates of hell shall not prevail!!!!

@bawomol(o)
Its no use running, when you are on the wrong road.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2008
islam is actually is the most growing religion. the church isn't moving on either. secularism is gaining steams. u kids are just looking for a way to sidetrack the discussion.

Its no use running, when you are on the wrong road.

road to insanity?
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by chiogo(f): 2:26am On Feb 19, 2008
I know God did not specifically say homosexualism is a sin but he called 'Soddom and Gomorah' the land of sin and what do they practice??
tada!! homosexualism!! I'm not one to judge because it's a common practice in America. So long as u ain't touchin' me. Good for you.
But i don't believe anyone was born gay, it's a choice!! best believe that. Most of these gay people have straight parents so how come
??[/
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2008
the people of soddom and gomorah engaged in rape. there's a big difference. there's no proof that your God destroyed soddom and gommorah. people are born gay. why would someone choose to be discriminated against??

Most of these gay people have straight parents so how come??

so kids are carbon copies of their parents?? how dumb.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Horus(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
If you Christian preachers claim that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their homosexual acts, then why are there still homosexuals still alive today, or did God fail to kill them? Why did he let these people become homosexuals in the first place, if he hated it so much? Then if you go to 1Samuel 20:17, Jonathan "causes David to swear again, because he loved (ahabaw) him: For he loved (awhab) him as he loved (ahabaw) his own soul (nefesh)."
Two Aramic (Hebrew) words are used in the above quote for love. One is ahabaw meaning "of man toward man, of man toward himself, between man and woman, sexual desire," and the other is awhab meaning "to love, human love for another; includes family, and sexual, lover.
David and Jonathan were lovers. In simple words they were homosexuals. David kisses Saul in 1Samuel 20:41, and it says ". . . and they kissed (nawshaq) one another , and wept one with another, until David exceeded." The Aramic word for kiss in the above quote is nawshaq meaning "to put together, kiss, touch gently, handle." Hence according to the quotes above David and Jonathan, the son of Saul, were homosexuals who loved each other, like a husband loves his wife.
This story is found right in your bible after the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomomorah, which you (Christians) teach was destroyed because of homosexuality. Can you explain this to us Reverend, because our souls are searching for the truth? Christians claim that the bible states in Leviticus 18:22 "thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination," so according to them, these homosexuals are going against the laws of the bible.
The M'uslim, because of this mis-information, made the name "Lot" or "Lut" mean "homosexual." It shows that their K'oran is not dealing in spiritual, but man made.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by chiogo(f): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2008
bawomolo:

the people of soddom and gomorah engaged in rape. there's a big difference. there's no proof that your God destroyed soddom and gommorah. people are born gay. why would someone choose to be discriminated against??

Most of these gay people have straight parents so how come??

so kids are carbon copies of their parents?? how dumb.
Get it right. I never said kids are carbon copies of their parents but u mentioned that people are born gay.
If one is born gay, where on earth did the trait come from?? umm duh!! ur parents. The people of sodom and gomorah
were engaged in rape?? and who and who were involved in the rape?? I'll leave u to go figure. I thot this was a
religious section, why call names just because our opinions differ?? 'how dumb??". undecided
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
If one is born gay, where on earth did the trait come from?? umm duh!! your parents. The people of sodom and gomorah

if kids are born cripple or barren, i guess that trait came from the parents right how dumb can u can be. uncertainties can happen when the genes of both parent are combined.

The people of sodom and gomorah
were engaged in rape?? and who and who were involved in the rape??

the daughter of lot was gang raped i believed. there's little to no evidence that fire and brimstones destroyed soddom and Gomorrah by the way

I thot this was a
religious section, why call names just because our opinions differ?? 'how dumb??"

yes u are really dumb.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by chiogo(f): 10:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
whatever, i don't have time to argue with you, You're obviously gay but why take
it out on me?? you don't even know me. You probably think u're so smart??
Keep dreamin'. Am outt@ here, have a nice life!!
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Gamine(f): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2008
Mr Bawo

you are running 100 miles an hour in the wrong direction

stop and turn back
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2008
bawomolo:
if kids are born cripple or barren, i guess that trait came from the parents right how dumb can u can be. uncertainties can happen when the genes of both parent are combined.

@bawomolo
This would mean that someone who likes to 'sleep' with animals (dogs, cats, etc) can claim he/she was born 'that way'. Not so
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
This would mean that someone who likes to 'sleep' with animals (dogs, cats, etc) can claim he/she was born 'that way'. Not so?

did the animals agree to sleep with him?? can he prove he is mentally disposed to sleep with animals??
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
bawomolo:

did the animals agree to sleep with him??
Did they NOT??

bawomolo:
can he prove he is mentally disposed to sleep with animals??

Yes. He was born that way. Its in his/her genetic makeup.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2008
Did they NOT??

how did ur favorite goat give consent?

Yes. He was born that way. Its in his/her genetic makeup.

and what studies have shown this??
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
bawomolo:

how did your favorite goat give consent?
How did you know the goat DID NOT give consent

bawomolo:
and what studies have shown this??

The same studies that show that homosexuals are born that way. That homosexuality is from the genes
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2008
How did you know the goat DID NOT give consent

do u communicate verbally with goats??

The same studies that show that homosexuals are born that way. That homosexuality is from the genes

studies say homosexuality is due to genetics and environmental factors. can u show me how this studies correlate with ur kinfolk sleeping with animals.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by therationa(m): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2008
I have not entered this topic before because I understand how strained this subject is; small anecdote.

Before I moved to the UK, I had no position on homosexuality, in spite of my earlier xian background. At university and in the community in the UK I met several people (males & females) who informed me that from as early as they could remember, they felt attraction only to members of their own gender.

Now, most African communities are very sexually repressived. Sex is never a topic of discussion in most African families that I know. In fact, this is one of the main reason why AIDS has been so devastating in Africa and most societies where sex discussion is still a taboo. Europe & USA, on the other hand are more sexually expressive societies, so anyone is free to exercise (within reasons and legality) their sexual proclivities, such as would not be allowed freely in Africa. A lot of Africans put up this facade of sexual probity in the public but behind the scene are devastatingly predatory or promiscuous. Worst still, poverty and lack of health care facilities compounds the sexual arena in Africa.

So for someone who feels a proclivity towards homosexuality from say the age of 4/5 in Europe or USA, they have nowadays no reason to repress such NATURAL feelings. On the other hand, in Africa, they would tend to repress them.

Sexual inclination is a purely natural thing. It happens in the animal kingdom. Why do we think it would be different with humans.

BTW, anything (aspects of behaviours) that exists in nature is, by definition, natural. For instance, selfishness and greed are natural. So why do some people thing homosexuality is unnatural.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
bawomolo:

studies say homosexuality is due to genetics and environmental factors. can u show me how this studies correlate with your kinfolk sleeping with animals.

Not quite. Studies say sexuality (gay, straight, etc etc) is somehow encoded in the genes. So, according to this study, sexuality is not a choice.

We now present the scenario of someone who finds that he likes to sleep with goats. According to these studies, he should not be discouraged. He was born like that. It is unjust to persuade him to stop.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by therationa(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2008
imhotep:

Not quite. Studies say sexuality (gay, straight, etc etc) is somehow encoded in the genes. So, according to this study, sexuality is not a choice.

We now present the scenario of someone who finds that he likes to sleep with goats. According to these studies, he should not be discouraged. He was born like that. It is unjust to persuade him to stop.

Sleeping with goats or pigs or dogs is a purely natural act (On the basis that, any act that exists is natural). Much like committing murder is a natural act.

That is NOT, I repeat NOT, to say that is a desirable act. For one thing, the animal CANNOT give informed consent. Good, legal sex is an act between consenting adult with both parties agreeing and aware of the act into which they are involved.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2008

well good luck in ur endeavors as long as u can show consent
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by LiquidMind(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2008
There are different grade to sin in the bible and Homosexuality is consider an abomination to God.

we have Sin, Iniquity, Transgression,
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by v24m(f): 10:04am On Feb 21, 2008
Please my dearest people advise posted should be to giude those that Bamolowo is trying to confuse. For him he has gone beyond redeeming.

How can Homosexuality be proper, if it was why didnt God create Man as a help mate for Adam, why a woman huh answer that?
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2008
How can Homosexuality be proper, if it was why didnt God create Man as a help mate for Adam, why a woman huh answer that?

this would make sense if i believed a God created an Adam and eve. prove to me a garden of eden existed before spewing this nonsense. why did ur God create barren and impotent people??
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2008
bawomolo:

well good luck in your endeavors as long as u can show consent

@bawomol(o)

Still sprinting on the wrong road, as usual.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by KOLA7: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2008
It is my understanding that homosexuality is not genetic but demonic, if God is against it, then it's a sin. However, Christ died for the remission of all sin, including homosexuality, meaning that it is not late for you to repent and go God's way. He created a woman for Adam and wanted us to continue in that order. I don't dislike homosexuals, I dislike homosexuality. Please let's us deal with the underlying factor as oppose to disgracing homosexuals. I want to pray with you that every form of confusion regarding your sexuality will be enligtened in Jesus Name. I offer FREE counselling for people that are dealing with issues of this manner.

Cheers all,
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by KOLA7: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2008
It is my understanding that homosexuality is not genetic but demonic, if God is against it, then it's a sin. However, Christ died for the remission of all sin, including homosexuality, meaning that it is not late for you to repent and go God's way. He created a woman for Adam and wanted us to continue in that order. I don't dislike homosexuals, I dislike homosexuality. Please let's us deal with the underlying factor as oppose to disgracing homosexuals. I want to pray with you that every form of confusion regarding your sexuality will be enligtened in Jesus Name. I offer FREE counselling for people that are dealing with issues of this manner.

Cheers all,
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by focused(m): 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2008
If God loves all his children equally, why would he support the persecution of homosexuals that were born that way. poor translation of the bible from the original aramaic/greek/hebrew versions have led people to think homosexuality is condemed. how can a naturally occuring act be condemned if God was responsible for the creation??

there's no part in the bible were same-sex marriage is condemned. the bible only rightfully condemns sexual acts among men and little boys. the translation of the bible has distorted the truth.  the bible's comment about same-sex relations were inspired by cultural reasons and not by "God"

@poster :

Sin is sin. Sin came to the world through Adam and Eve as a result of their disobedience to God. Ever since sin came into the world, all sorts of things came along with it which includes homosexuality.

Homosexuals are not born that way. For every man, there is a woman. No man or woman is born an homosexual. Homosexuality is as a result of satanic experimentation and sin.  The bible condemns sex between two men and two women in the strongest possible terms. The word of God sees it as an abomination. Likewise, the bible condemns incest, beastiality, fornication, and adultery.

So please stop writing baseless things. So if you have been practising homosexuality, please repent and stop dating men so that God can forgive you
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2008
Homosexuals are not born that way.

so when did u choose to be heterosexual??

Homosexuality is as a result of satanic experimentation.

what's a satanic experimentation??
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by focused(m): 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2008
Homosexuals are not born that way.

so when did u choose to be heterosexual??

Homosexuality is as a result of satanic experimentation.

what's a satanic experimentation??

@bawomolo

I plead the blood of Jesus on your behalf.

Stop shagging men and stop dating men and go for deliverance.
Re: Homosexuality And Religion by bawomolo(m): 2:39am On Feb 22, 2008
i never said i was homosexual. pls explain how homosexuality is satanic experimentation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot / The Proper Role Of Money In The Church / Steve Job's Views on God, After-life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.