Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision (14575 Views)

Female Circumcision Is Dangerous To Women's Health; It Should Be Scrapped. / Man Files N500m Suit Against Lagos Based Indian Doctor Over Botched Delivery / The Issue Of Female Circumcision: Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Castos(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
It's a pity, his name became an IRONY
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by ujukala: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
So horrific! She has just given a bad name to Nigeria. Little baby, rest in peace.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by alfablondy: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
toluene12: Most likely a case of hemophiliac, a bleeding disorder that affects mainly the male gender. Parents first notice this bleeding problem after circumcision when the bleeding fails to stop despite conventional hemostatic methods.
It could also be a case of late heamorrhagic disease of the newborn. This is why this procedures are best done in designated centers and not at home.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by omenziate(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2012
Bleeders disease most likely. But the nurse sef no try o. What kind of crude means b dat?
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by phyl123: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2012
In the UK most Nigerians patronise the Jewish or Rabbis as they are the most experience for this kind of procedure and they have all the proper tools to carry out the job without causing too much stress to the baby. In most cases there is little or no bleeding. They maybe more expensive put it is worth it, i don't think they cut any skin off, all they do is push the fore skin backwards.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by SELFWORTH: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sad story. It was an error.

I don't think both sides wished for this to happen. God will comfort all parties. Amen
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Johnnoo(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
So sad
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by toluene12: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
Cyberknight:

The foreskin isn't cut away with a knife or other implement, a ring is used to constrict it and it sloughs off. The baby suffers no pain. Very common procedure, so if you have a son, make sure that's how they circumcise him.
circumcision is a surgical procedure and whatever method used, the foreskin is excised. Since the male organ is innervated, removing the foreskin is painful. For adults the procedure is performed under general anesthesia, however for neonates topical anaethetic agents may be applied prior to the procedure. But this topical agents normally irritates a neonatal skin, thus its not encouraged. The baby feels the pain and he's irritated for a day or two otherwise he's is okay if properly done.
Non therapeutic circumcision is controversial in western nations and that may explain the difficulty in assessing a health facility to perform the procedure in the U.K.
However, circumcision has its benefits, it prevents UTI, reduces the risk of having STI includng HIV, and cancer of the penis.

3 Likes

Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by ojeffo: 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
centje: that's alien to me. Are you sure you're not refering to navel(umbilicus stump)?
Eiyaaaa!!!! Relocate from d rocks naa.Its d 21st century already
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by BUSHMAN1: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2012
now i am petrified my son is 7 weeks old and i ve been making arrangements to circumcise him even though his mother (white woman)refused
now this story got me thinking twice, over here in london its not available on the NHS how come it is in manchester, please people i am really worried about this as this is my first (mixed race)should if i dont circumcise him is a problem? is it necessarry? do i have to? is it really available on the NHS? sugestions please thanks
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Ninilowo(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
Cyberknight: The most annoying thing about this story is that the nurse or whatever she claimed to be actually had to cut the foreskin. That's an old, outdated procedure. Nowadays there is a procedure that does not require cutting that is used to circumcise baby boys, been in use as far back as the 70s when I was born, so my mother says, and that's how my son was circumcised.
Even me. My own was done at UCH Ibadan. The device was fixed on d cap and after a week the fore skin fell off.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by sofadj(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
Its quite funny, here in Nigeria circumcision is like pure water...almost about 10 done daily in an average Urology theatre session..I believe the child would most likely have a bleeding problem to have bled so much. You don't have any reason to fear, this is like the first timme I would hear someone die frm circumcision
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
ojeffo:
Eiyaaaa!!!! Relocate from d rocks naa.Its d 21st century already
are you sure you undertood the on going discussion
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by deesnipes(f): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2012
We are all blaming the nurse only, what about the parents? The story says the baby died a day after the circumcision not during or immediately after so why did the parents not rush the baby to the emergency room buit rather left him to bleed to death?
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
deesnipes: We are all blaming the nurse only, what about the parents? The story says the baby died a day after the circumcision not during or immediately after so why did the parents not rush the baby to the emergency room buit rather left him to bleed to death?

The nurse is the main culprit. People need to learn to take responsibility for their actions. This is the nurse's error.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by zumbigbo(m): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
RIP - baby boy. Nigerians must leave naija behaviour behind by force.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by phyl123: 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
BUSH MAN: now i am petrified my son is 7 weeks old and i ve been making arrangements to circumcise him even though his mother (white woman)refused
now this story got me thinking twice, over here in london its not available on the NHS how come it is in manchester, please people i am really worried about this as this is my first (mixed race)should if i dont circumcise him is a problem? is it necessarry? do i have to? is it really available on the NHS? sugestions please thanks

Hi @ bushman there is no need to worry as long as you do not cut corners, get it done by the Jewish who are experts in this field, you can either take your son to them or they can pay you a home visit for a premium. They are licensed and they have been doing this for centuries. Since you live in London the closest to you will be in Finsbury park or Golders green and the environs. Certain things happen in life, doesnt mean we should completely give up our beliefs, it just makes us more aware and to take precautions. GOOD LUCK
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Goldieluks: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
Very sad story indeed. As far as am concern male circumcision is not a common procedure on the NHS,
unless in cases of rare medical conditions.
And it is mostly carried out by local Jewish/Islamic doctors, they are very good at it.
The parents would have seek advise first, before allowing their child to be circumcised by a nurse.
Funny enough they all collect the same amount, so am wondering why they had to use a nurse, instead of Jewish/Islamic doctors.

Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by TableLeg(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
SAD
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Intactivist till the day I die. No to circumcision. Poor baby.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
BUSH MAN: now i am petrified my son is 7 weeks old and i ve been making arrangements to circumcise him even though his mother (white woman)refused

My suggestion: leave the choice up to your son!
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by code0: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2012

Leave that poor boy alone pls. Aboki where dey carry am like that no be human being? Them no dey put woman belle?
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Goldieluks: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2012

If you live in London, i have contacts of some very good Jewish and Islamic doctors who are professionals.
Let me know if you are interested, will give you their contact. If you should wait for him to get older,
it is going to be more painful and stressful for him, so the earlier you may want to do it, the better for him.
cheers.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by BUSHMAN1: 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
Goldieluks:

If you live in London, i have contacts of some very good Jewish and Islamic doctors who are professionals.
Let me know if you are interested, will give you their contact. If you should wait for him to get older,
it is going to be more painful and stressful for him, so the earlier you may want to do it, the better for him.
cheers.
i do live in london and like i said a friend recomended me to one jewish man, but i am a bit aprehensive after reading this sad story, his mother said no! not to do it being that she is a white english woman she even treathend to contact the authorities if i persist ,plus i ve already spoken to the jewish doctor to which he adviced that there is no age limit,
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by BUSHMAN1: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
code_0:

Leave that poor boy alone pls. Aboki where dey carry am like that no be human being? Them no dey put woman belle?
after reading this sad story i think i might have to live him alone, but i dont know is it going to be a problem for him when he grows up?
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by phyl123: 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
@ bushman if his mum doesnt want it, then dont do it as you could get into a lot of trouble
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Goldieluks: 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2012
BUSH MAN: i do live in london and like i said a friend recomended me to one jewish man, but i am a bit aprehensive after reading this sad story, his mother said no! not to do it being that she is a white english woman she even treathend to contact the authorities if i persist ,plus i ve already spoken to the jewish doctor to which he adviced that there is no age limit,

Alright then.
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by BUSHMAN1: 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
phyl123:

Hi @ bushman there is no need to worry as long as you do not cut corners, get it done by the Jewish who are experts in this field, you can either take your son to them or they can pay you a home visit for a premium. They are licensed and they have been doing this for centuries. Since you live in London the closest to you will be in Finsbury park or Golders green and the environs. Certain things happen in life, doesnt mean we should completely give up our beliefs, it just makes us more aware and to take precautions. GOOD LUCK
honestly i dont intend to cut corners i will pay whatever money it takes, but after this sad story i am not comfortable doing it anymore plus his mother is treathning to take him away from me if i persist on doing it,i know its our beleive but its the beleive worth the risk?
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by BUSHMAN1: 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

My suggestion: leave the choice up to your son!
this is exactly what his mother said
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by BUSHMAN1: 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
Goldieluks:

Alright then.
thanks i ve been worried sick over this,
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by phyl123: 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
@ bushman you didnt give much details earlier based on on this new info i would say forget about it, it is not the end of the world if you dont get it done and it is much better to save your marriage. Goodluck and move on.
BUSH MAN: honestly i dont intend to cut corners i will pay whatever money it takes, but after this sad story i am not comfortable doing it anymore plus his mother is treathning to take him away from me if i persist on doing it,i know its our beleive but its the beleive worth the risk?
Re: Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
BUSH MAN: honestly i dont intend to cut corners i will pay whatever money it takes, but after this sad story i am not comfortable doing it anymore plus his mother is treathning to take him away from me if i persist on doing it,i know its our beleive but its the beleive worth the risk?
every endeavour in this life is a risk. Even life itself is a risk. Your wife had to pass to near death to give birth to the same baby,they are all risky. Please don'k 'chicken out' 'cause of this singular incident. If you read the previous posts you undertand that its possible this kid has an illness possibly a bleeding disorder. The precaution you should undertake is to be sure your kid doesnt have such before going for the circumcision. So please go ahead with what you believe in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Among The Top 10 Countries With The Highest Fertility Rates In 2018 / Large Religious Gathering Spreading Covid - PTF / Wonder Of Goron- Tula Fruit On Fertility And All Other Health Benefits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.