Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:31 PM

Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants (10617 Views)

The Real Reason Why Fg Sack Heads Of Nta, Frcn, Nbc,von, Nan,nbc And Noa / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by otokx(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi should show working by first reducing his salary and allowances by 50%; we will be amazed by how much would have been saved.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by thoth: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
[size=16pt]Sanusi is the mouthpiece of IMF/World Bank in Nigeria[/size], He is gradually laying on us all IMF/World Bank Economic Destructive Measures, just like SAP he is devaluing our currency, removing subsidies,cutting on public spheres spending, supporting mass privatization of Public National Assets and contracting the size of the National Civil Service. Does that look familiar ?
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sogo10: Ode,drug addict.

bros leave dat educated BOKOHARAMITE.HIM DE CRAZE FOR TONGUE
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by 1forall: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Lamido, why evils?
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by imarena(f): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Samusi sindodo lols
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by westreign(m): 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi don kolo
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Philolos: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
Mr. Lamido Sanusi, I hope you come to NL once in a while to read up on some posts including this one. Headcount reduction in the Civil Service is not the problem but part of a solution to a series of problems facing Nigeria. One of the HUGE problems we face is unemployment, which Mr. Sanusi alludes to reducing if the seventy percent of the total available budget were not spent on salaries and allowances. Wrong! The western economies have been fighting unemployment for decades. With all the money and intellectuals they have, they have been unable to achieve full employment. Part of the solution should be the willingness to create jobs - good jobs (unlike graduates applying for truck driver jobs). If you can do that perhaps the Civil Service wouldn't be so enticing to the masses. What makes Mr. Sanusi think the funds recuperated from the layoff of fifty percent of the Civil Service would go into meaningful projects that create employment and wouldn't be siphoned and shipped abroad like the billions of dollars our former leaders and government- created billionaires do daily? What most countries lack, including Nigeria is the creativity it takes in creating employment in general, and meaningful ones that can benefit us as a society. I must say, the man behind graduates applying for truck driver jobs is trying, doing his part, but lacks real creativity in creating meaningful jobs. The Gov. of Lagos State, Tinubu, is also trying…

Nigeria shouldn't have high unemployment like we currently do with the type of revenue we generate and the amount of money coming in yearly from Diasporas. As bad as we are as a society with TRUST (or lack of), at least the masses know if they work for the Civil Service, they’ll get paid most of the times. smiley So Mr. Sanusi, the next time you are going to make such a bold statement about firing of workers, please think a little of the big problem/big picture. Another which is the lack of Trust in the system. It comes from poverty ridden minds. That’s why our former leaders and so-called billionaires need to stash money in foreign accounts. I’m sad to say that most of the monies are unaccounted for when theses thieves die. Most of their families don’t know where all their loot is stashed and even if they knew, would not have the proof to claim their father’s loot.

Perhaps it is easy for me to criticize this one public utter of yours. However, I have read some good speeches from you when you talked against the thieves, some of them your friends that put you in office. Nevertheless, it would be unkind of me not to leave you with some change or loan you some advice. I would argue that your team at CBN can also do more with less. That would be a start – looking inward. I’m sure you are asking yourself how can you? Good question. Well, I suggest you create a “Think Tank” within CBN and work with the list of billionaires we have in the country that have more than $1 billion dollars in a foreign account to create projects at home and help drive down unemployment.

Please contact me through this forum if you want more information on what this “Think Tank” should look like and how MY IDEA can be implemented.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by ideylaff: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Look whos talking....

http://www.proshareng.com/news/singleNews.php?id=9386

http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/Thelist.asp

http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/organogram.asp

http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/previousss.asp

"The departments include the Governor’s Office with Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the head, Corporate Services with Suleiman Barau as head; Economic Policy with Sarah Omotunde Alade as head; Financial System Stability with Kingsley Moghalu as head, and Operations with Tunde Lemo as head.

Each directorate has five departments under it, making up the 25 new departments established by the CBN. Before now, part of the problems facing the financial sector has been laid at the feet of the regulator itself. Experts believe that the restructuring may not be unconnected with ensuring financial stability in the future. "

He has mouth to talk now when he has many people labeled as Directors/HOD's doing nothing but pushing pen and bloating Red Tape within CBN

we have given SLS too much respect. Country Bank Heads dont open their mouth and say something in public like this

There is a place, manner and time to do things like this.

They need to go back to school to learn this if they don't have the skill @ the height of their career now

Its a crying shame. Have a look @ CBN Staff Strength

Central Bank of Nigeria's employee population as at 26/11/2012 Male:4613 , Female:1402, Total 6015

Previous.

http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/previousss.asp

So what is SLS exactly saying...People in Glass houses should refrain from throwing stones. CBN has bloated up since SLS
assumed to driving seat of the Nations purse Bank.

yeye dey smell

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by dBard: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
earthgreeners: I watched the program Live on AIT, SLS only said in order to increase Capital expenditure, the FG would need to sack about 50% of civil servant..and he also said the civil servant to be sacked shld be govt aides, SA, SSA and oda unneccesary office holders....e.g Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati, Reno, etc

watched it also. Dnt know y he's been quoted out of context. No matter how u look at it, he's right. esp concerning d senators,states n lga's.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by NaijaNile: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
I remember when Tinubu became Governor in 1999, one of the first tests of his administration was when Civil Servants went on strike to demand pay increase. Tinubu refused to yeild, stating that less than 1% of the entire state (the civil servants) cannot be enjoying 50% of the states revenue (at that time). He fought Akele to a stand still.

Today we are all praising the good work of Tinubu and his successor - the main reason is because they have improved tax collection tremendously and have not increased civil servants money in the same proportion.

What Sanusi is talking about is Wealth Creation - creation of more opportunities that will in turn translate to jobs in the long run. Do you know the number of people that the LASG has employed since that period? the size of the civil service has definitely increased, but the state government can afford to pay them and still develop infrastructure. There have also been indirect employments.

What am i saying? It is not good for us as a country if a large chunk of our income is spent on paying salary and serviving recurrent expenditure. We need to take some tough decisions - and expend our revenue on wealth creation initiatives rather than recurrent spending. Sanusi is right on all counts in my opinion.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Flawlessdiva1(f): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
Dele.ahmed:
I don't think this Mallam is a Nigerian...though i wont blame him cos he doesn't know what Nigerians are going through at all.
He is referring to øver paid civil servants like those in the ministries, senate not necessarily teachers that have direct impact on the economy or society
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Flawlessdiva1(f): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
talk2xp: That guy needs his head examined. When people think they know too much they become a problem not only to them self but also to the immediate environment they reside. God save this country from Sanusi and his kinds.
I disagree wit you
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by TableLeg(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
okosodo: Now, i have now known that sanusi is boko haram
I am surprised you know, with your appalling grammar!
Simpletons talk a lot of nonsense
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by juman(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reducing the size of civil servants is good idea and necessary.

But it's immoral for people giving private jet out as gift to do that.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by nduchucks: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi is on point. I'd only add that the reduction in workforce should be done gradually, by attrition and laying off 5% per year. We should get to the optimal state within 5 years.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by juman(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
crazygod: I can't believe I'm saying this, but sanusi is on point here. If u visit any federal or even state ministry, u'll see how redundant workers are. Most can't even say their job function. I also believe that 70% of public servants (e.g minister of states, SSAs etc) need to be dissolved. In the military era, u can count the number of ministers and like it or not, it saved cost.

There was sometimes ago that three or more drivers attached to one vehicle in some state ministries. many redundant workers.

But even if there is reduction in civil servants number, there should be a way that they will be helped to stand on their foot so that not to go in to crime.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by danjohn: 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi is right on this one. The Nigerian civil service is bloated.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by BAMMZ(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
A lazy goverment,a lazy society. Our government thinks it is cheaper to just pay salaries than to create an enabling environment for job creation. The society is luving it,cheap pay.
Well,if the environment is not labour friendly,the trend will continue.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by merengue: 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
teskyg: [b] @ merengue:
It irritates me beyond measure when donkeys like you give everything an ethnic connotation. Truth is SLS hit the money shot when he said this, we really need to scale back the civil service and even more importantly, political appointees. Go to the National Theatre, Iganmu and see so many redundant agencies there with over bloated workforces doing less than nothing. The same is replicated all across the nation until you get to the epicenter of filth, corrosion and decay: Abuja. We will need to divert Rivers Niger & Benue to wash away the Augean stables which the F.C.T has become. We need to in my opinion do the following:

1. As a matter of urgency, MDAs should be merged or scrapped (e.g Ministries of Communication and Information Technology be merged, scrapping of the Ministry of Women Affairs, Niger-Delta Ministry, pilgrim boards, etc).
2. Switch to a unicameral legislative system, the NASS as its presently constituted is too expensive to maintain and serves no clearly discernible purpose.
3. Reduction of number of political appointees; why should GEJ have over 24 S.As (number keeps rising). You have Okupe, Abati, Omokri doing one person's job. You have also have idiotic positions like: Special Adviser to the President on Ethics and Values (Sarah Jibril)or even more idiotic; Senior Special Assistant to the Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Political Matters (Godwin Duru. Same nonsense is replicated across the states and LGAs and needs to be curbed.
4. 50% is rather too high; lets start with the "football age" senior civil servants and also start thinning the lower levels; at least 25%-30% would be appropriate.[/b]

You are a ram.People like Sanusi has no right what so ever to speak of over bloated Civil Service.Do you know how many people he recruited into CBN who are idle and doing nothing?

And you are a first class buffoon with the same IQ that God gave a dung beetle. SLS was right in calling for a reduction on recurrent expenditure but like the slowpoke that you are, you attacked his ethnic idnetity and when I called you out, you resorted to making foolish allegations. So because SLS is now C.B.N governor, C.B.N shouldn't recruit again? Why do I even bother; intelligence is as far from the cesspit you call your brain as Nigeria is from the North Pole.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by fuke(m): 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
slimyem: Sack Civil Servants?
...and 50 percent too?
What is Sanusi smoking??
Why not reduce the fat salaries and allowances of Legislooters, representathieves and top government officials who do almost nothing than sit around,talk trash and receive alerts at the end of the month?

Sanusi is spot on.

There is a guy here in the Fed. service who comes to work
twice a week and earn in excess of 100k per month.

What a waste?

Sack 70% of them and the work will still go on.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Philolos: 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
fuke:
Sack 70% of them and the work will still go on.

No question, the work would surely go on but the money saved may also go out - out of the country to where Mr. Lamido and his elite cohort stash their loot. That's where this talk about headcount reduction sounds like blowing smoke. However, a real plan is not forthcoming from any of the so-called leaders. That's if we even understand what that word means. Mr. Lamido is talking about cuts, the other so-called leaders in the Civil Service are asking for raises and more benefits. The best thing Mr. Lamido did, however, with his speech is got some of us talking...

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by fuke(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
Philolos:

No question, the work would surely go on but the money saved may also go out - out of the country to where Mr. Lamido and his elite cohort stash their loot. That's where this talk about headcount reduction sounds like blowing smoke. However, a real plan is not forthcoming from any of the so-called leaders. That's if we even understand what that word means. Mr. Lamido is talking about cuts, the other so-called leaders in the Civil Service are asking for raises and more benefits. The best thing Mr. Lamido did, however, with his speech is got some of us talking...

No. He is not saying anything new.

I say it anytime the chance comes up. It is only being talked about
now because It is coming from Sanusi.

No qualms.

Civil service should not be charity. I do not have any grouse
about a civil servant going home with 200k a month but for Gods sake, work for it.

Go to the local government, sate secretariats and see what we are saying.

The other time it took us two weeks to trace a memo in one of their offices
and they were all there like bees doing nothing.If that happens in a corporate
setting you will have some explaining to do.

Go to Multinationals, banks and see people earning their money.

I say, let them go home and start being productive.

Until this is done, we aren't going nowhere as the Americans would say.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by PehaKaso: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi is only trying 2 execute a Northern agenda aimed at destabilising GEJ. We know ur plans.........agbaya.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Philolos: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
fuke:

No. He is not saying anything new.

I say it anytime the chance comes up. It is only being talked about
now because It is coming from Sanusi.

No qualms.

Civil service should not be charity. I do not have any grouse
about a civil servant going home with 200k a month but for Gods sake, work for it.

Go to the local government, sate secretariats and see what we are saying.

The other time it took us two weeks to trace a memo in one of their offices
and they were all there like bees doing nothing.If that happens in a corporate
setting you will have some explaining to do.

Go to Multinationals, banks and see people earning their money.

I say, let them go home and start being productive.

Until this is done, we aren't going nowhere as the Americans would say.

Good points.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by owobokiri(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi should be praised for this idea. I suggest the firing of at least 70% of the inept workers stealing the ministries dry. You cant spend over 70% of your budget on recurrent expenditure/overhead costs and still expect massive developments all over the place. You cant eat your cake and have it. Behind every rapid economic development lies serious sacrifices. Most of these so called civil servants are nothing but inept hands employed by the rich/powerful/well connected to help syphon resources from the ministries. While he is at it, he should also look into the issue of ghost workers. This country is begging for this kind of earthquake and it is long overdue. I say FIRE THEM!!!
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by BE811APP: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Look at d bright side of dis...he made sense.....
D media jst picked dat part of sacking..
Govt is spending too much on useless thngs...esp senators,House Member...and LGAs...
And still d politicians have enof 2 steal
Jst Sad!!!
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Bjayjay: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Is he not a civil servant? Maybe he should be sacked too. He's crying blue murder that the recurrent expenditure is eating deep into our finances, that I don't disagree with. As a civil servant how could he afford to donate 5 million naira for obasanjo mosque.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Globad(f): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2022
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Challenges Of Leadership In Nigeria: A Review By Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu / New Lagos Pedestrian bridge ..FIRST OF ITS KIND IN AFRICA(photos) / Court Will Decide El-zakzaky’s Fate, Presidency Tells Shiites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.