Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Marital Rape - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital Rape (27772 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for a man to force his wife to have sex with him?

Yes: 16% (34 votes)
No: 83% (172 votes)
This poll has ended

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / ‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Rape by firestar(f): 1:22am On Feb 20, 2008
''God did not create woman from man's head that he should command her, nor from his feet that she should be his slave, but rather from his side that she should be near his heart''
Re: Marital Rape by SENATORJD(m): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2008
@ fire star thats so sweet
if the wife says no painful as it may seem its no, why is there the word no in the dictionary then if u cant use it?she cant always want to have sex. as long as she aint making it a regular no "thingy". if she says no 2day wait till 2mrw grin
Re: Marital Rape by RichyBlacK(m): 8:48am On Feb 20, 2008
moneybags:

Good to finally see someone who's understanding my view point here. However, I wouldn't call the things a husband does to meet his wife's needs "niceties". They're not niceties, they're a part of his responsibility -- that's what he signed up for when he took her to the altar and said "I DO". He's not doing her a favor by meeting those needs, it's his responsibility and should be taken seriously. Same applies to the woman as well.

@moneybags,
I see your point. However, the emotional interplay between to humans is sufficiently complex that a simple/single formula is unlikely to capture all its ramifications. Not everybody is wired like you are, no matter how much you/we wish it so. We are all wired differently, some more similarly and others very differently. For example, I prefer women who freely verbalize their feelings. I will not want to be with a woman who, instead of verbally expressing her worries to me, starts to withdraw herself emotionally first, and then expects me to decipher the code that connects her emotions to her worries. In resolving any problem in a relationship, I believe in the idea of talking about the problem instead of using negative actions/non-verbal cues, no matter how subtle. I'm a good listener and always ready to listen to my sweetheart. I tend to interpret negative actions as a deliberate and unilateral escalation of a problem, especially when the issue of concern has not been given the basic benefit of being discussed. So, I tend to prefer women who are very good in verbally, i.e., those who will tell you how they feel about any and every issue - that's my kind of woman. You, on the other hand, seem to be more responsive to negative actions/non-verbal cues, like emotional withdrawal, and then do a very good job in responding positively, both in action and in words, in the spirit of maturity and head of household.

I used the words niceties , because I'll be going out of my way to try to please an emotionally cold wife, and hoping that she returns from her emotional journey, simply because she could not communicate, verbally, her worries to me. I don't like women like that. I prefer those ladies who, before going into some emotional desert, have the wherewithal to articulate their worries in words, so we can discuss them like man and wife. Same goes for me, I will not start acting out some emotional stunts without giving my woman the basic courtesy of telling her what's bothering me.

Bottom line is just as some other poster mentioned, no single formula works for everybody. However, your ideas will work for some couples smiley
Re: Marital Rape by yemivictor: 9:48am On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

that is no solution at all. What is the point licking your lips when the milk is right there beside you?
I am sure you were just joking when you told us to lie there quietly. grin Impossicant.

ROFL! grin

4Him:

i can't technically call it rape. Women love to exagerate . . . soon husbands will be accused of robbing wives at gun point.
Unless she's tired, or sick or on her period a husband shld know his wife well enough to know what he can do to get her excited enough for sex without "raping" her.

women like to say no when all they want is for u to try harder.

Solid points raised there!
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

if he has to beg he shld do so . . . if he has to touch some buttons to get her in the mood then by all means. There are always ways to get a reluctant horse to drink.
yeah, begging is good! grin But sometimes all da buttons wldn't be functioning no matter what. . . not in the mood is simply not in the mood!

. . . wait till tomorrow, abeg, it won't take long.
Re: Marital Rape by 4Him(m): 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2008
efuah:

yeah, begging is good! grin But sometimes all da buttons wldn't be functioning no matter what. . . not in the mood is simply not in the mood!

there must be something wrong with that woman then.
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him, yeah, exactly!

When am fully pregnant, possibly can't be turning around. . perhaps lie flat on my back or side by side all night,
Very sick. . . everywia is painful grin
or too much stress from the office, all da buttons would go off! tongue
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@moneybags,
I see your point. However, the emotional interplay between to humans is sufficiently complex that a simple/single formula is unlikely to capture all its ramifications. Not everybody is wired like you are, no matter how much you/we wish it so. We are all wired differently, some more similarly and others very differently. For example, I prefer women who freely verbalize their feelings. I will not want to be with a woman who, instead of verbally expressing her worries to me, starts to withdraw herself emotionally first, and then expects me to decipher the code that connects her emotions to her worries. In resolving any problem in a relationship, I believe in the idea of talking about the problem instead of using negative actions/non-verbal cues, no matter how subtle. I'm a good listener and always ready to listen to my sweetheart. I tend to interpret negative actions as a deliberate and unilateral escalation of a problem, especially when the issue of concern has not been given the basic benefit of being discussed. So, I tend to prefer women who are very good in verbally, i.e., those who will tell you how they feel about any and every issue - that's my kind of woman. You, on the other hand, seem to be more responsive to negative actions/non-verbal cues, like emotional withdrawal, and then do a very good job in responding positively, both in action and in words, in the spirit of maturity and head of household.

I used the words niceties , because I'll be going out of my way to try to please an emotionally cold wife, and hoping that she returns from her emotional journey, simply because she could not communicate, verbally, her worries to me. I don't like women like that. I prefer those ladies who, before going into some emotional desert, have the wherewithal to articulate their worries in words, so we can discuss them like man and wife. Same goes for me, I will not start acting out some emotional stunts without giving my woman the basic courtesy of telling her what's bothering me.

Bottom line is just as some other poster mentioned, no single formula works for everybody. However, your ideas will work for some couples smiley

I get your point loud and clear. You're absolutely right, people are wired differently, and do express themselves in different ways. In my own case, I think the fact that I had ignored listening to my wifey's complaints for so long made her begin to withdraw. She speaks her mind but back then, I hardly ever listened -- I heard, but never listened smiley. Even the most verbose of women will tend to get tired of talking when she begins to feel like she's talking to a brickwall grin.
I had never been a very good listener like you, and had to learn very hard. That's a great skill you got there bro, never let it go!

It's really great to see that you know exactly what you want. That's the first and most important step, in my opinion. I sincerely wish you the very best!
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

Thanks though . . . u'd make a great wife too. kiss

Ain't u a darlin? kiss

Efuah, I agree with you tongue
Re: Marital Rape by moneybags: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
efuah:

4Him, yeah, exactly!

When am fully pregnant, possibly can't be turning around. . perhaps lie flat on my back or side by side all night,
Very sick. . . everywia is painful grin
or too much stress from the office, all da buttons would go off! tongue

Pls tell Him! It's obvious 4Him isn't married. Sometimes NO means NO and no amount of anything will make her change her mind.
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2008
Moneybag and Richyblack, cheesy kiss
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2008
R-Dynamite:

Efuah, I agree with you tongue
Thanks grin

moneybags:

Please tell Him! It's obvious 4Him isn't married. Sometimes NO means NO and no amount of anything will make her change her mind.
Yeah, he is single, free and ready to mingle. . . go to his blog. tongue
Re: Marital Rape by holythug(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2008
efuah u & dis topic
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
holythug. . . me and u grin. . abeg, wetin i do? tongue
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
R-Dynamite:

Ain't u a darlin? kiss
ehem. . ehem lipsrsealed
Re: Marital Rape by 4Him(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
moneybags:

Please tell Him! It's obvious 4Him isn't married. Sometimes NO means NO and no amount of anything will make her change her mind.

If you read one of my earlier posts i made an excuse for a woman who is sick, on her period or tired. the point is even as a guy there are times when sex is the last thing on ur mind . . . its a matter of compromise and understanding ur partner. Of course when she's pregnant the most important thing is not whether the fellow down south wants some action BUT her health and that of the baby. Sex can always wait.

R-Dynamite:

Ain't u a darlin? kiss

wink

efuah:

ehem. . ehem lipsrsealed

close ur eyes . . . didnt u say i was single, free and ready to mingle? grin
Re: Marital Rape by ahmed002: 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2008
I do not supprot the action.I think is a barbaric act. However when it come to marital rape i do not think u can prove u were raped by your husband. Since u are deemed to be one in spirit and soul.
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
lmao. . .4Him, you a clown. Efuah, leave him na wink grin funny people
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2008
4Him:

close your eyes . . . didnt u say i was single, free and ready to mingle? grin
ok Sir! grin mingle well o! lipsrsealed

R-Dynamite:

lmao. . .4Him, you a clown. Efuah, leave him na wink grin funny people
Ofcourse now. . . i will leave him for u alone. grin
Re: Marital Rape by dequeen(f): 11:50am On Feb 21, 2008
dat's one day in hellllllllllll
Re: Marital Rape by Dajen: 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2008
Hi everyone i just loggd on this site to send a free sms to africa and i dont know how to go about it.
Need some assistance pls.
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2008
Dajen:

Hi everyone i just loggd on this site to send a free sms to africa and i don't know how to go about it.
Need some assistance please.

You also need some optical assistance as well.
Re: Marital Rape by SENATORJD(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2008
Dajen:

Hi everyone i just loggd on this site to send a free sms to africa and i don't know how to go about it.
Need some assistance please.
@dynamite
she/he only asked an innocent question.c'mon b nice
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2008
SENATOR JD:

@dynamite
she/he only asked an innocent question.c'mon b nice

There's a section where he can ask that. You should have been nice enough to direct him there than pick on me. Senator, abeg leave me tongue

Uncle Dajen, please go to the phones section or e.mail Seun.
Re: Marital Rape by Dalby(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2008
Is that really possible
Times exist when a man is not intrested, but s**t still happens cool
I do not think that it is possible in marriage, remember the vows grin
If you guys become one then you cannot rape yourself shocked
Re: Marital Rape by almondjoy(f): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2008
The first 6 or 7 threads on this page have to do with "rape" in one fashion or another. May God help us all!

Gosh!
Re: Marital Rape by Dalby(m): 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2008
I did not see this o embarassed

@Efuah
yeah, begging is good! But sometimes all da buttons wldn't be functioning no matter what. . . not in the mood is simply not in the mood!

Honey I hope you will be this understanding when the reverse is the case shocked
Re: Marital Rape by SENATORJD(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2008
R-Dynamite:

There's a section where he can ask that. You should have been nice enough to direct him there than pick on me. Senator, abeg leave me tongue

Uncle Dajen, please go to the phones section or e.mail Seun.
@dynamite , wasnt picking on you and u cud have done this b4 cudnt u?
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 9:33am On Feb 25, 2008
Dalby:

I did not see this o embarassed

@Efuah
Honey I hope you will be this understanding when the reverse is the case shocked
Yes sweety pie kiss. . . i will understand perfectly! tongue
Re: Marital Rape by Dalby(m): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2008
@efuah

You don talk o wink
How was your weekend, hope the workload did not spill over to the house undecided
Have a joyous week ahead
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 11:17am On Feb 25, 2008
@Dalby

Yeah hon . . . i dare not, i tried that sometime ago. . . u can imagine, master don vex like he go burst grin.
Have a blessed weak ahead too. smiley
Re: Marital Rape by RDynamite(f): 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
Senator abeg sshsh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Kano: Charms, Drugs, Weapons Recovered From Gang Members Ahead Of Election / Gunmen Attack Southern Kaduna, Kill 5 Members Of A Family, 2 Others (Graphic) / 12-Year-Old Girl Raped And Infected In Delta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.