Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:08 AM

Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk (1268 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Gen. Buhari Meets With The Archbishop Of Canterbury (Photo News) / Why The Doctrine Of "TRINITY" Has Generated So Much Furore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by therationa(m): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2008
The political and civil arena in the UK has been secular for many years now, and for good reason. But Anglican archbishop of Cantebury is now advocating the introduction of Sharia into the arena. Has he not heard of the consequences of Sharia in Nigeria?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2dC1iWzww

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7237249.stm
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2008
therationa:

Has he not heard of the consequences of Sharia in Nigeria?

Bros, that is the one thing that appalled me when I read it in the papers last week! A lot of things are happening to show how many mindless fellows just assume ideas without first educating themselves of the implications in the first place!

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Pdeg7ZY8n3-VeM:http://alastair.adversaria.co.uk/wp-content/rowan.jpg[/img] [img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zqhFXUeZ4pEv_M:http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/09/canterburyPA180906_434x700.jpg[/img] [img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:i6BhmAWMMzHdhM:http://www.wilberforce2007.com/images/uploads/Archbishop_of_Canterbury.jpg[/img]
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by 4Him(m): 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2008
inter-faith nonsense . . . a poor cover for political correctness.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2008
4Him:

inter-faith nonsense . . . a poor cover for political correctness.

It's more serious than that. The aftermath of the Archbishop's bog-mindedness (excuse my verbiage) is leaving a lot of unsettled quarters that no one anticipated up until the present in religio-political "correctness". undecided
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 11, 2008
even so come Lord Jesus!
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by olabowale(m): 1:05am On Feb 11, 2008
I was thinking about somebody. And bam!, your face appeared, except I have to impose the face of this diehard Ikuale Christian woman, in London, who was a friend for many years. She almost married me, until I said I can not marry a Kafer. And she said she would not come to Islam, so I told her to go fly a kite. She should have been living under Sharia. I could have said the same thing to you, if I had met you many many years ago. I know you have a thing for Yoruba Muslim; lol.

The Issue of Sharia in England, is a clear indication that the Hadith of Sayidina Muhammad about Islam entering every land, is true. You see how natural it is: Even the Archbishop of canterbury, the 'Spiritual leader' of the world Anglicans can't help it. Afterall, his heart belongs to the his Creator.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by 4Him(m): 1:13am On Feb 11, 2008
olabowale:

The Issue of Sharia in England, is a clear indication that the Hadith of Sayidina The Great Prophet about The Great Religion entering every land, is true. You see how natural it is: Even the Archbishop of canterbury, the 'Spiritual leader' of the world Anglicans can't help it. Afterall, his heart belongs to the his Creator.

There is nothing "natural" about it. It is an insidious attempt to use democracy to force sharia down the throats of the unwilling under the guise of "free speech". Rowan is simply a willing tool in the hands if the islamists.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 11, 2008
olabowale:

I was thinking about somebody. And bam!, your face appeared, except I have to impose the face of this diehard Ikuale Christian woman, in London, who was a friend for many years. She almost married me, until I said I can not marry a Kafer. And she said she would not come to The Great Religion, so I told her to go fly a kite. She should have been living under Sharia. I could have said the same thing to you, if I had met you many many years ago. I know you have a thing for Yoruba Great One; lol.

The Issue of Sharia in England, is a clear indication that the Hadith of Sayidina The Great Prophet about The Great Religion entering every land, is true. You see how natural it is: Even the Archbishop of canterbury, the 'Spiritual leader' of the world Anglicans can't help it. Afterall, his heart belongs to the his Creator.

The world has bent over backwards to accomodate 'Great Ones' lest they bomb us to blazes.
Anything for peace,they think ,but the scripture is fulfilled in that when they say peace,peace,then there'll be sudden destruction.
This world is only temporal.
There's a life hereafter and that is my utmost concern.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by olabowale(m): 1:27am On Feb 11, 2008
@Babyosisi: I see a lot of patient for the LED Technology medical Treatment.

@Stimulus: The guys in Nigeria are not practicing Sharia properly. Though a beginning, never the less not complete. They should arrested those National Treasury Thieves and robbers, especially the ones who called themselves " EVIL Genius", etc. There hands should have been chopped off. They are disgrace to Islam. The lukewarm Muslims; very hypocritical!

Sharia, in those states have a long way to go. The law covers every Muslim, equally, without favor based on societal classifications. None of them mean anything to Allah. Don't make the deficiencies of the Muslims be your guide for refusing to enter Islam.

@4Him: And I miss you too, David. I suddenly realised that I was like a broken man, dejected, since there was no off the wall, blame all of it on Islam responses, from you, in the past fee days. I guess the muslims of England either bribed the Archbishop, or threatened him or some kind of arm wringing to make him suggest the possibility of Sharia in England. David, this Archbishop has got some nerves! Right.

Aburo, there was nothing the rag tagged Muslim Minority of England did to the Archbishop. It was his Creator, Allah the Almighty the Only One who directed his heart. Lets call a shape a spage, based on its shape and function.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 11, 2008
Sharia in England is the least of my concerns.
The archbishop of wherever can wish whatever,it's his choice.
I sometimes visualize myself with millions of dollars to spend grin
daydreams are allowed
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by olabowale(m): 1:41am On Feb 11, 2008
Whoa! I guess when you type Islam, it automatically turns to 'Great One!" I like it, if it is genuinely labelled as such. Thanks Seun. My brothers and Sisters in Islam, please increase you dua that the light of Islam should enter his heart, and the hearts of all his loved ones. Amiin. that goes for all of the non Muslims of Nairaland.

@Babyosisi: I can't get a handle on your mindset. For a minute there, you were made as hell and you couldn't take it any more. And all of a sudden you were like cool with it as a cucumber. David, do you understand her hot and cold attitude; I don't speak Christian. Relax, Islam is already in your heart, let it flow. Let freedom reign.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: I can't get a handle on your mindset. For a minute there, you were made as hell and you couldn't take it any more. And all of a sudden you were like cool with it as a cucumber. David, do you understand her hot and cold attitude; I don't speak Christian. Relax, The Great Religion is already in your heart, let it flow. Let freedom reign.

You have 2 wives and still can't figure us women out.
I wonder how you cope grin
My hot and cold attitude as you call it tells you I'm unable to hold grudges.
What you see is what you get.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Stimulus: The guys in Nigeria are not practicing Sharia properly.

Where has Sahria ever been practiced 'properly'? I think your comments are more of an excuse to apologize for the failure of Sharia to stand up to the coherence of contemporary thinking.

olabowale:

Though a beginning, never the less not complete.

Sharia in itself does not (and has never) complete(d) a society. I haven't seen or read any Mos[b]l[/b]em being able to demonstrate its functionality in any society in any country. It has always been a case of excuses where such a concept has failed repeatedly in its application to bring about desired results.

olabowale:

They should arrested those National Treasury Thieves and robbers, especially the ones who called themselves " EVIL Genius", etc.

Who is going to do the arrests? Please tell me: which of the Sharia Governors are not robbers themselves - are they not also deeping their sharia hands into the National Treasury and looting the coffers of their own States? How have such Sha-governors developed their own States and bettered the lives of their state indigenes? What are your indices for measuring the integrity of the Sha-governors over those who you want arrested?

olabowale:

There hands should have been chopped off.

This is exactly the reflex of sharia-thinking minds. Chopping off the body parts of people for excuses of every type under Isla[b]m[/b].ic jurisprudence does not answer to the democratic call of civil political governance. Please consult the archives of the mus[b]li[/b]m countries where such laws have been running for long and see what Mosl[b]em[/b]s themselves deeply think of their own sha-laws!

olabowale:

They are disgrace to The Great Religion. The lukewarm Great Ones; very hypocritical!

This will always be the epitaph of all sharia-minded "great ones".
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Jairzinho(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2008
4Him:

There is nothing "natural" about it. It is an insidious attempt to use democracy to force sharia down the throats of the unwilling under the guise of "free speech". Rowan is simply a willing tool in the hands if the islamists.

Well said,I tot he was supposed to be the HEAD of a christian organisation?

When did evangelism drop from their list of priorities ,to be eclipsed by preaching Islam.

No wonder gays are becoming bishops,the Rowan lead anglican communion has probably lost the plot,if you ask me.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2008
Jairzinho:

When did evangelism drop from their list of priorities

When they lost touch with God.

That question is one that needs urgent redress in many 'Christian' quarters - ala the Rowanese bloc.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by olabowale(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2008
@Babyosisi;

You have 2 wives and still can't figure us women out.
I wonder how you cope
My hot and cold attitude as you call it tells you I'm unable to hold grudges.
What you see is what you get.
Is not that you can not hold grudges; you have demostrated your ability with your anger about Islam. It predates 911. But that day tips you over and you have not recovered yet. And about my unable to figure you out is that while Jazz music is being played, you were doing the merenge and then changed to lumbada. Neither resembles a possible jazz step. This is my problem with you. I understand: Women are made from the bent rib. (lol)! Further, am still growing. My knowledge about women is on going and maybe when they are 4, I think I will begin to get it; the different personalities and all. (I am a lover and not at all a fighter, unless when its essential. I am a human being and not an Angel!)

Where has Sahria ever been practiced 'properly'? I think your comments are more of an excuse to apologize for the failure of Sharia to stand up to the coherence of contemporary thinking.
First am not apologising for the likes of babangidas, etc. Rather I am unhappy that they behaved badly, while carrying Islamic identity. You are right, that presently, there is no place on earth where Sharia is practised as it is supposed to be practiced. However, look directly to the first three generations of the Muslims. The beginning of Islam, the generation of the prophet and his companions, the folowing two generations as well. If you wanna know about Sharia, read the Qur'an, and the hadith and the history of the people in these 3 generations. To say that Sharia was not ever practiced, is to simply tell us that there was no Sharia at all. You could say that the Muslims have lost or corrupted it, but not in the same manner that the Bible is lost or corripted. Sharia isintact, but just practiced properly, while Bible is simply corrupted and the 100% quality of it, is lost forever.

Sharia in itself does not (and has never) complete(d) a society. I haven't seen or read any Moslem being able to demonstrate its functionality in any society in any country. It has always been a case of excuses where such a concept has failed repeatedly in its application to bring about desired results.
Afterall you have never read anything about the prophet of Islam (as) and his companions.

Who is going to do the arrests? Please tell me: which of the Sharia Governors are not robbers themselves - are they not also deeping their sharia hands into the National Treasury and looting the coffers of their own States? How have such Sha-governors developed their own States and bettered the lives of their state indigenes? What are your indices for measuring the integrity of the Sha-governors over those who you want arrested?
First you have to have good Muslims, who are honest and not lukewarm at best. Who makes any arrest in Nigeria? The Police in their corruption laden mind? Remember Ribadu, a Muslim man? Lets start from there and better him.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by luvus: 11:03am On Feb 11, 2008
@POSTER
I was disgusted by that utteranc of the so call archibsihop. before he should have said that some parts of the sharia be included in the brits constit, he should have said that there should be a freedom of association, speeech, bible etc in saudi arabia and thier likes before such can be implemented in brit. and as some one ritely said they want to use democracy to implement sharia but would not allow democracy to reign among them.

so if anyone here can speak to the archbishop, please inform him of the above
thanks
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2008
Sharia law should never be applied to Christians for any reason. They are (from the Isl@mic point of view) kafirs [/i]and [i]infidels and destined for hell fire.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2008
imhotep:

Sharia law should never be applied to Christians for any reason. They are (from the Islamic point of view) kafirs [/i]and [i]infidels and destined for hell fire.

It is not even as simplistic as that. The point is that Sharia has no concensus or coherence even among the Muslim scholars; and as olabowale has admitted, it has never been properly practised anywhere in any society (even though he infers we should look at the first 3 centuries).

Now, if these "great ones" cannot hold themselves together in what they propose, how are we guaranteed that the same thing can better the lives of non-"great ones"? Is that not the same hypocrisy that people have been calling to be done away with?

What sharia has not done for the Muslim, they should never seek to impose it on others - regardless the "political correctness" of seeking to be neighbourly!
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

First am not apologising for the likes of babangidas, etc. Rather I am unhappy that they behaved badly, while carrying Great Religious identity.

Okay.

olabowale:

You are right, that presently, there is no place on earth where Sharia is practised as it is supposed to be practiced.

I was actually hoping to see an example where it might have been so practised 'properly', as I don't know of any. However, how do you suppose it is supposed to be "practised"? How realistic could it ever be hoped that a coherence is maintained in every situation as well as guaranteeing delivery of promises to non-Muslims - especially in view of the fact that no society has seen a "proper" set of ethics from Sharia for over 12 centuries?!?

olabowale:

However, look directly to the first three generations of Muslims. The beginning of Islam, the generation of the prophet and his companions, the folowing two generations as well.

And the result after looking at all those is. . .?!?

olabowale:

If you want to know about Sharia, read the Qur'an, and the hadith and the history of the people in these 3 generations.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like an umbrella excuse to cover the core questions here. If Muslim scholars themselves are unable to refine their understanding of Sharia after reading the Qur'an and Hadiths for over 12 centuries, is it stimulus as a non-Muslim in 2008 that will be in a better position to explicate Islamic jurisprudence for the whole Muslim ummah? shocked That must be such a task! But no thanks, I'm not in a hurry to grow long white beards!

olabowale:

To say that Sharia was not ever practiced, is to simply tell us that there was no Sharia at all.

Ha! Where did I make that inference? grin Did you not agree with me that it has not been PROPERLY practised in any society in any country around the world? Am I missing some connecting dots here?

olabowale:

You could say that Muslims have lost or corrupted it, but not in the same manner that the Bible is lost or corripted.

C'omon now, baba olas! grin You're beginning to sound frantic! Who has ever claimed that the Bible was lost? I could even send you a free copy - just request and fiam, it's at your door!

And thanks so very much for admitting that Muslims have "corrupted" the Sharia - which I then take as confirmation of the fact that we can't even trust what the Qur'an says about it too! cheesy

olabowale:

Sharia isintact, but just practiced properly, while Bible is simply corrupted and the 100% quality of it, is lost forever.

"Sharia is intact" - from what is left after after admitting that Muslims have corrupted it above? grin Is this your own version of a lost Sharia?

olabowale:

Afterall you have never read anything about the prophet of The Great Religion (as) and his companions.

Oh puh-leease! How many things have we not read already about "the great prophet" in several threads on this Forum alone, not to mention several other blogs? Wetin make Usman Muhammed send his "friendly advice" to Nairaland? grin

olabowale:

First you have to have good Muslims, who are honest and not lukewarm at best.

It's been a hard and long search. So please name them.

olabowale:

Who makes any arrest in Nigeria? The Police in their corruption laden mind? Remember Ribadu, a Great One man? Lets start from there and better him.

Thanks for the example of Ribadu. Which Sha-Governor is better than him with clean hands?

Next! grin
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by olabowale(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Stimulus:
I was actually hoping to see an example where it might have been so practised 'properly', as I don't know of any. However, how do you suppose it is supposed to be "practised"? How realistic could it ever be hoped that a coherence is maintained in every situation as well as guaranteeing delivery of promises to non-Muslims - especially in view of the fact that no society has seen a "proper" set of ethics from Sharia for over 12 centuries?!?
Islam of the Prophet, (as), who Allah completed a favor on mankind through, by chosen Islam as the only acceptable way/religion, has been around for over 1400 years. I had asked that you should look to the proper examples in the time of the first 3 generations.

And the result after looking at all those is. . .?!?
When in doubt go back to it!

I'm sorry, but that sounds like an umbrella excuse to cover the core questions here. If Muslim scholars themselves are unable to refine their understanding of Sharia after reading the Qur'an and Hadiths for over 12 centuries, is it stimulus as a non-Muslim in 2008 that will be in a better position to explicate Islamic jurisprudence for the whole Muslim ummah? That must be such a task! But no thanks, I'm not in a hurry to grow long white beards!
You refine only unpure/impure materials(eg, Sugar, Crude oil to get all types of finished and semi finished products). Sharia is unlike that. It is the practitioners who should refine themselves to meet the challenges that Sharia throws at them to be better people.

Ha! Where did I make that inference? Did you not agree with me that it has not been PROPERLY practised in any society in any country around the world? Am I missing some connecting dots here?
First, I never have said that it was never practised before. I had continued to tell you that the first 3 generations of Islam, is a very good example. The perfect example is in the first generation when the master was among the Muslims, to humanise, the embodiment of sharia for all to see. Your inference is as follows: (Posted by: stimulus
Insert Quote
@olabowale,
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 01:27:33 AM

Where has Sahria ever been practiced 'properly'? I think your comments are more of an excuse to apologize for the failure of Sharia to stand up to the coherence of contemporary thinking.) Please pay attention to the "EVER," used here and try not to deny it, please.

C'omon now, baba olas! You're beginning to sound frantic! Who has ever claimed that the Bible was lost? I could even send you a free copy - just request and fiam, it's at your door!
It is not the name that makes it what it is. The name is just the Title, if the content was ever doctored! The Bible is lost because, on one hand the exact text was already change, from what it was when the prophets were there on earth, to receive and then preached what was received. Then corrupted because apart from these changes, you now have a complete text and then additional information, from those who did not have authority as prophets and no reveelation is given to them anyway. Their claimed inspirations are swollen with personal ideas, a coy way embellish and not telling the truth.

And thanks so very much for admitting that Muslims have "corrupted" the Sharia - which I then take as confirmation of the fact that we can't even trust what the Qur'an says about it too!
The corruotion of the Sharia here is the way the individuals practise it. That is external in nature. For example, this morning I was talking to an African Muslim, who does not pracice covering herself properly. Now that is the corruption I am talking about. The Qur'an was a it was revealed to the Prophet. It is an oral tradition. language is known as oral, and writing it down is just after the fact. You can not deny the authenticity of the Qur'an, even as you may refuse to accept it. That is another matter entirely.

"Sharia is intact" - from what is left after after admitting that Muslims have corrupted it above? Is this your own version of a lost Sharia?
Sharia is never lost and i do not have my own version. However it is the corruptions of the people that may make you doubt any part of it. Let me show you an example: Allah says that illicit sex is forbidden; Yet when they arreste and tried women in Sharia North, they do not remember the man! Afterall illicit sex is not by the woman alone, in these cases. Thats the corrupt and sad part of it all.

Oh puh-leease! How many things have we not read already about "the great prophet" in several threads on this Forum alone, not to mention several other blogs? Wetin make Usman Muhammed send his "friendly advice" to Nairaland?
Pick up a book from the library or a bookstore! Men you disappoint me.

It's been a hard and long search. So please name them.
The prothet (as), Abu Bakr, Umar Khattab, Uthman Affan, Ali abi Talib, Zaid Thabit, Bilah Rabah, Hassan, Hussain, Shuaib Al Roma, Salman Al Farsi, Abdallah AbdalSalam al Yahuud, etc. (Aisha, Hafsah, Mariam, etc).

Thanks for the example of Ribadu. Which Sha-Governor is better than him with clean hands?
I do not know Nigeria too well. But where are the Christian Ribadus? I am sure the Governors are all filthy, all of them, including the Christians. Now lets have 5 Million or more Ribadus, to clean up Nigeria.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
@olabowale,

You're just being unnecessarily tedious with your arguments - nothing to me personally; but you'd soon tire yourself out by pedantically forcing yourself to make unrealistic comments back and forth.

olabowale:

@Stimulus: The Great Religion of the Prophet, (as), who God completed a favor on mankind through, by chosen The Great Religion as the only acceptable way/religion, has been around for over 1400 years.

I don't know of any so-called "Great Religion". My discourses with you are about Islam.

olabowale:

I had asked that you should look to the proper examples in the time of the first 3 generations.
When in doubt go back to it!

I also asked you what the results were - did you attend to that question?

olabowale:

You refine only unpure/impure materials(eg, Sugar, Crude oil to get all types of finished and semi finished products). Sharia is unlike that. It is the practitioners who should refine themselves to meet the challenges that Sharia throws at them to be better people.

Excuses - after you'd stated that Muslims have corrupted the Sharia? grin

olabowale:

First, I never have said that it was never practised before. I had continued to tell you that the first 3 generations of The Great Religion, is a very good example.

I never made that inference - go back and see.

olabowale:

The perfect example is in the first generation when the master was among the Great Ones, to humanise, the embodiment of sharia for all to see.

Who is "the master"? grin So, una sef don begin dey refer to Muhammad as "the master"? Na wah O!! When did this innovation in Islam start, abeg tell me?

olabowale:

Your inference is as follows: (Posted by: stimulus
Insert Quote
@olabowale,
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 01:27:33 AM

Where has Sahria ever been practiced 'properly'? I think your comments are more of an excuse to apologize for the failure of Sharia to stand up to the coherence of contemporary thinking.) Please pay attention to the "EVER," used here and try not to deny it, please.

I'm not denying anything, cool down! grin I'm asking you the same question: Where has Sahria ever been practiced 'properly'? Did you miss that? Did you not also agree earlier that it has not been practiced "properly"? Wait make I check greatly again:

This is what I had said:
Where has Sahria ever been practiced 'properly'?
And you said:
You are right, that presently, there is no place on earth where Sharia is practised as it is supposed to be practiced.

So there! Did you miss the question of where sharia has ever been practiced "PROPERLY"? I never said that it has never been practiced; rather, I asked if you could point out where it has been practiced PROPERLY at anytime.

olabowale:

It is not the name that makes it what it is. The name is just the Title, if the content was ever doctored!

No matter. Your excuses are beginning to be worrisome. The name answers to its content; and the content does not become more acceptable because you later disfavoured the name.

olabowale:

The Bible is lost because, on one hand the exact text was already change, from what it was when the prophets were there on earth, to receive and then preached what was received.

The Bible is still available, unless you're living on another planet.

Second, the Muslim claim that it has been lost is quite an unintelligent assertion to make, bearing in mind that it has been laid soundly to rest, and Muslims have not been able to hold their forte in their arguments thereto.

If you don't know what message was preached by the Biblical prophets, why make this false allegation that what they preached has been lost? Is it not rather shameful that you keep making these excuses every single time but have never been able to stand as a man to discuss your misgivings every time I offered you an invitation to do so?

olabowale:

Then corrupted because apart from these changes, you now have a complete text and then additional information, from those who did not have authority as prophets and no reveelation is given to them anyway.

I can directly say that about Muhammad - he was never given any revelation, if all that Muslims (sorry, "great ones"wink have in defence of their assertion are the denials produced in the Qur'an.

You cannot continue to slur the prophets in this manner and expect that no one would say just about the same things to scrutinize the assertions of Muhammad. This is why I have personally asked you guys to come forward and let's examine the revelations of the prophets together - you have always declined to acknowledge that invitation. Do I suspect that you already know that you have absolutely nothing in defence of the statements made in the Qur'an that is why you keep evading the invitation?

Do you care to open a thread and let's discuss issues in mature manner, or you'd rather sit behind the cover of a PC and keep making these wild assertions? grin

olabowale:

I do not know Nigeria too well. But where are the Christian Ribadus? I am sure the Governors are all filthy, all of them, including the Christians. Now lets have 5 Million or more Ribadus, to clean up Nigeria.

True - we do not have the 'Christian' Ribadus - what do we need them for?  grin  You have directly named Ribadu as one of your Muslim iconoclasts, and I'm waiting to see the next few names that will stand up tall as the headmasters of Sharia village!

Oya, next!
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Babyosisi; Is not that you can not hold grudges; you have demostrated your ability with your anger about The Great Religion. It predates 911. But that day tips you over and you have not recovered yet. And about my unable to figure you out is that while Jazz music is being played, you were doing the merenge and then changed to lumbada. Neither resembles a possible jazz step. This is my problem with you. I understand: Women are made from the bent rib. (lol)! Further, am still growing. My knowledge about women is on going and maybe when they are 4, I think I will begin to get it; the different personalities and all. (I am a lover and not at all a fighter, unless when its essential. I am a human being and not an Angel!)

Olabowole,I don't hate anyone
Infact,I'm incapable of hating.
Come out to the culture,politics and romance and family threads sometimes and get a better picture of me.
I know all the words we've spoken will bear fruit someday.
remember to email and let me know smiley
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by Jairzinho(m): 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2008
I tot Islam was off the books for now? undecided
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2008
Jairzinho:

I tot The Great Religion Islam was off the books for now? undecided

Sorry about my "typo-correct" attempt to name the "great religion". It wasn't off the books - it was systematically modified. grin
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by focused(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
@post :

I cannot believe that the Archbishop could allow himself to be manipulated by all these Satanic Sharia enthusiast to adopt sharia law along side English law shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . English law and democracy is deeply rooted in Judeo -Christianity. These laws applies to everbody. Anyone who does like the English law should go back to their Isla mic countries. Even all the mus lims in Britain opposes the sharia law because they know its completely barbaric and it does not guarantee any human right whatsoever.

We all know that Sharia law is not compactible with democracy and Isla mic law or satanic sharia law opposes democracy and it is the most barbaric law in the whole world. Isla m is not compatible with democracy. Take a look at Middle Eastern countries, not even a single one of them is democratic. These countries are ruled as a one party dynasties. A father rules when he dies,  his son rules and his grandson rules and so on.

I think he should resign. Enough is enough for all these unbelievable nonsense. That is the weakness of UK, they are too tolerant
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by focused(m): 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Olabowale Bin Laden :

In the northern part of Nigeria where Sharia law is practised, the leaders of the so called sharia law are the most corrupt people.

In Saudi Arabia, where that satanic sharia law is practised, the Saudi Monarchy ( who are the so called custodian of the so called satanic mosque) are the most corupt people.

I look forward to the day when that sharia law will be abolished in the Northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by focused(m): 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2008
Whoa! I guess when you type The Great Religion, it automatically turns to 'Great One!" I like it, if it is genuinely labelled as such. Thanks Seun. My brothers and Sisters in The Great Religion, please increase you dua that the light of The Great Religion should enter his heart, and the hearts of all his loved ones. Amiin. that goes for all of the non Great Ones of Nairaland.

@Olabowale bin laden :

Wishful thinking.

The reason why Seun decided to change Is lam to great religion was because your psychotic brothers in Isl am wrote him threatening him, and he decided to reprogramme Is lam so as to avoid being attacked by your crazy Is lamic brothers, who cannot engage in dialogue without resorting to violence.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by MCUsman(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2008
if the man decides to give him own opinion on the kind of laws to be appied in England, thats is his own opinion. we should not kill our self on it.
Re: Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk by stimulus(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2008
MC Usman:

if the man decides to give him own opinion on the kind of laws to be appied in England, thats is his own opinion. we should not kill our self on it.

I understand why you'd be so easy-peasy on this one. Perhaps Jack Straw was stating his own opinion when he asked that the veil worn by Muslim women be done away with. In the same way, we should not kill ourselves over honest opinions that do not favour Muslims.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo, Archbishop Okojie & Co Are Not Fair. / Bible Vs. Heretics - An Eye Opener about Benny Hinn and co / Son Of Hamas Leader Converts To Christianity Says Islam Is Collapsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.