Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious (13417 Views)

She Said This To Me; Should She Be Taken Serious? / Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
I might be wrong , but this I have observed. I have heard guys talk wrongly about girls who already have a child. U hear them call this girls all sort of names like AFTER ONE etc. I have also observe that they are most times not taking seriously in the relationship , even when they put in their best. I have also heard and seen few of them end up with mostly men who have been married before , divorcy or widowers. Why is this so and can't they be seen like other normal girls and be married to ?

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by RudySmith(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
In 9ja, probably not bcuz a single mother is mostly viewed as soiled goods.

5 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by pleep(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
because they are 'spoilt goods'
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
[quote author=pleep]because they are 'spoilt goods'[/quote maybe if u say there is an evident they are eating the forbiding fruit. Some girls without a child are worst
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
RudySmith: In 9ja, probably not bcuz a single mother is mostly viewed as soiled goods.
can its b seen as a culture fin here ?
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
A Stupid man focuses on a girl's mistake and forget the shitload hey did in his own past. He probably made a couple of women mothers and a few other abort. The value of a woman is not measured by the mistakes she made in the past but what she is willing to have and maintain a healthy relationship with a man she loves. I don't see anything with ending up with a divorcee because the are human too and they probably have more insight about what not to do in marriage

9 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
mondi_cheeks: A Stupid man focuses on a girl's mistake and forget the shitload hey did in his own past. He probably made a couple of women mothers and a few other abort. The value of a woman is not measured by the mistakes she made in the past but what she is willing to have and maintain a healthy relationship with a man she loves. I don't see anything with ending up with a divorcee because the are human too and they probably have more incite about what not to do in marriage

cool sis cheesy

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by RudySmith(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
maygah: can its b seen as a culture fin here ?

It is a social problem, and also got a lot 2 do with men and their misplaced ego. U c, men want 2 b the only one between their wifey's legs, so being with a single mother confirms 2 the whole world that they r not. Many look down on being with such woman bcuz they don't want 2 support another man's child.

Even some bastard preachers will look down on single mothers, so why wouldn't confused followers/sheep do the same thing? We all know how church/religion is the driving force 4 many out there.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by RudySmith(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
mondi_cheeks: A Stupid man focuses on a girl's mistake and forget the shitload hey did in his own past. He probably made a couple of women mothers and a few other abort. The value of a woman is not measured by the mistakes she made in the past but what she is willing to have and maintain a healthy relationship with a man she loves. I don't see anything with ending up with a divorcee because the are human too and they probably have more incite about what not to do in marriage

If u think that a single mother is a lady who did a MISTAKE then u r part of the problem here. There is nothing wrong with a single mother, she is just someone that chose 2 live her life differently than most, but calling that a *mistake* is wrong wrong wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
RudySmith:

If u think that a single mother is a lady who did a MISTAKE then u r part of the problem here. There is nothing wrong with a single mother, she is just someone that chose 2 live her life differently than most, but calling that a *mistake* is wrong wrong wrong.

let's live it at with some women it was a mistake and with some it was a choice
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Mynd44: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2012

Remind me to kiss you when I see you

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Remind me to kiss you when I see you
grin[quote
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Well it depends, yeah its a society thing, our society is a bit unfair towards women, double standards and shit, but my MOM remarried especially with 3 Grown men cheesy, so it depends on the kinda guy the single mother is meeting,most like to hide their kids, always introduce your kids to avoid wasting time, i won't mind a single mom as long as the child is not "Omen" lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by pleep(m): 12:53am On Nov 29, 2012
What is unfair about it. A single man with no kids has the right to start his own family without raising another mans kids. When you were young and childless were u ladies dating dudes with kids? Why should he have to pay for your mistakes.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by 190theclown: 12:54am On Nov 29, 2012
single Nigerian girls nkor
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 29, 2012
pleep: What is unfair about it. A single man with no kids has the right to start his own family without raising another mans kids. When you were young and childless were u dating dudes with kids? Why should he have to pay for your mistakes.

i meant unfair about "double standards", if it were a guy with kids it would be expected for the lady not to make a fuss about it.
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 1:58am On Nov 29, 2012
pc guru:
i meant unfair about "double standards", if it were a guy with kids it would be expected for the lady not to make a fuss about it.
u re rit
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 2:12am On Nov 29, 2012
pc guru: Well it depends, yeah its a society thing, our society is a bit unfair towards women, double standards and shit, but my MOM remarried especially with 3 Grown men cheesy, so it depends on the kinda guy the single mother is meeting,most like to hide their kids, always introduce your kids to avoid wasting time, i won't mind a single mom as long as the child is not "Omen" lipsrsealed
shocked hw did ur mom do it ? And I hope this luck shines on any single mother out there whose trying to work out a relationship

2 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by pleep(m): 2:23am On Nov 29, 2012
pc guru:
Are you serious, what planet are you from? Ladies don't want to marry dudes with kids

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by maygah(f): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2012
pleep: Are you serious, what planet are you from? Ladies don't want to marry dudes with kids
its really not a big deal for ladies , like it is for guys
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by Mynd44: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2012
maygah: its really not a big deal for ladies , like it is for guys
Why should it be so? I hate double standards in anything the same laws that applies to a man should apply to a woman

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by 2sexy(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2012
For me, I don't see anything wrong in that, especially if she was deceived, use and dumped.

My childhood friend got married to a single mother and I can tell you that they are happy together with 3 kids now. The lady is homely and really nice, a quality lacking over 70% naija ladies. 2sexy: "Aunty, abeg that delicious Egusi soup still remain?"

Single Mother: " Yes, but I go prepare vegetable soup with stock,cowleg, mangala,snail and fresh fish"
2sexy: "Abeg I wan come chop pounded yam o"

Guys, abeg make I go my bros "single mother or wife" house go chop pandy. We go continue the gist when I return.

The earlier some girls set their priorities right, the better for them. Which naija man wants headache for a wife?

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by SELFWORTH: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2012
1. Culture
2. Ignorance
3. Low self esteem on the part of the ladies
4. Nigeria's blame culture
5. Lack of understanding of the true definition of love in our society. Sex is NOT love . Love is NOT money.
6. Unhealthy Obsession with sex in this generation

5 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by fittty(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2012
Who wants another mans child to be his first child? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by AyaSammy(f): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2012

You are blessed my sister.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by AyaSammy(f): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2012
fittty: Who wants another mans child to be his first child? undecided

And who says that your socalld first child is truly ur first, after how many abortions, hissssssss

4 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by pharuk: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2012
<<Research conducted with 1500 single mothers showed the following consistent results>>>>

1. Single mothers mostly talk about their kids, Men like attention, so competing with her child is a lost battle.

2. Single Mothers work hard to make sure they dont depend on anyone, guys feel intimidated when they have nothing to offer and generalise there is nothing in the rlt apart from S£x on DeMand

3. Lastly, some single mothers appear to be desperate because they want a man in the house so the kid(s) could look up to. So they put up with a lot of rubbish

Disclaimer.
The results of this research cannot be used as conclusive evidence on the habits of single women as we know WOMEN ARE SIMPLY UNPREDICTABLE

6 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by AyaSammy(f): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2012
pharuk: <<Research conducted with 1500 single mothers showed the following consistent results>>>>

1. Single mothers mostly talk about their kids, Men like attention, so competing with her child is a lost battle.

2. Single Mothers work hard to make sure they dont depend on anyone, guys feel intimidated when they have nothing to offer and generalise there is nothing in the rlt apart from S£x on DeMand

3. Lastly, some single mothers appear to be desperate because they want a man in the house so the kid(s) could look up to. So they put up with a lot of rubbish

Disclaimer.
The results of this research cannot be used as conclusive evidence on the habits of single women as we know WOMEN ARE SIMPLY UNPREDICTABLE

Your points are correct, but sure not with all of them.
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by ujukala: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2012
Girls are supposed to be married before having an issue. But, how do we classify those who were raped or jilted at the eleventh hour before they have an issue? Men with good reasoning will think twice. Try to know first the circumstance behind the girl having a child.
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by basadenet: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2012
They are perceived as obstacle in future.
Re: Single Mothers Are Never Taken Serious by AyaSammy(f): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2012
pleep: What is unfair about it. A single man with no kids has the right to start his own family without raising another mans kids. When you were young and childless were u ladies dating dudes with kids? Why should he have to pay for your mistakes.

Look at you, do know that for with every single mother there is also a single father, probably cos ur ladies were lucky geting rid of ur shit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!! Girlfriend's Vagina Is Slack.... warning Explicit Pictures / Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? / Dark Guys Vs Fair Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.