Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria (38156 Views)

Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria (contact Details) / Best Web Hosting Companies / Web Design Companies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:59am On Aug 08, 2005
Nigerian Companies Offering Web Hosting (and Domain Name Registration)

During our recent free domain and website competition , someone mentioned how he hasn't been able to get a domain or website hosting account due to inability to secure access to an International credit card (thanks in part to our 419 stigma).

But there are so many local website hosting companies that can be paid in naira through a Nigerian bank! Some of them can be pretty affordable and reliable, but it's not easy to tell which is which. So I thought we could use this thread to list links to the various web hosting companies in the country and discuss their pricing, customer-service and reliability.

Please, if you have any experience with a Nigerian web hosting company, please be sure to participate in this thread (after registration)

LINKS TO NIGERIAN WEB HOSTING COMPANIES
- www.nairahost.com (not related to nairaland).
- www.domainstandard.net
- www.mcreal.net
- www.enwhy.com
- www.dafikas.net/webhosting.htm
- www.ipnxnigeria.net/host.html

What other web hosting companies in Nigeria are you aware of? How reliable are their services? How helpful is their support? How affordable is the total cost of hosting a website with them? Feel free to share what you know on this thread! The information shared in this thread should empower participants and readers with the knowledge to make the right choice of web host.

Representatives of the various website hosting companies are invited to participate in this discussion, too. Over to you!
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by smartsoft(m): 1:18am On Aug 12, 2005
hey guys RealHost offers cheap service quite fast www.realhostng.net
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by skima(m): 1:41am On Aug 17, 2005
Well you may check out www.unleashedsolution.com powered various community site and one of nigeria's biggest site to be lunched soon www.nigerianyouthnetwork.com. Customer support well rendered including coding support for you project.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2005
Can any one tell me the cheapest web host and domain registrar in Nigeria, and where services can be paid in Naira. And also offer a good and cheap reseller program
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by rufaai(m): 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2005
[size=17pt]Thinking Website? Think Aimtech![/size]

If are looking for a reliable hosting service in Nigeria. Consider http://aimtechng.com. It has been the preferred choice to over 300 clients in Nigeria. Not just that, Aimtech has everything you need to manage your website(s) in real time. 24/7 live phone and email support awaits you at http://aimtechng.com/contactus

Check Packages:
http://www.aimtechng.com/hosting
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2005
I think the cheapest web host in Nigeria is ABIMCO Web Host; www.abimco.com. I am one of their resellers, although the basic plan of both ABIMCO and Nairahost is N3,500 with Free Domain, ABIMCO's offer is more robust and have a cheaper and better reseller plan.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by kazey(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2005
Nairahost reseller programme is only 9,000 Naira, and the package also comes with a domain reseller programme at 12,000 Naira which comes in credit for 10 domains automatically. That means this 12,000 Naira would be used by you, to register domains for your clients at your own convenience. domains is @ 1200 Naira. Where else do you get it at this price. So it depends on what your want really.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2005
Nairahost gives you only 30mb disk space for your own site for N9000 and you still continue to pay Nairahost for the the site of your clients, though at reduced price. But at ABIMCO you pay N19,800 for 2000MB and you can host 50 sites, you determine your price, and you also can brand your packages yourself. Though Nairahost beat ABIMCO to Domain reseller cos they offer for N1,400
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by kazey(m): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2005
hmm is this a competition or something . hehehe chill.

Besides @ Nairahost the package includes branding. All your clients information would be using your companies information and nameserver. All we do is reduce your burden of maintaining the hussles and troubles of providing direct hosting.

We help you do everything. All you need is to forward your support request mails to us, and we reply directly to you and you give your clients that support. All jobs done for you.

Domain reseller pricing is 1200 Naira. Point of correction.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by waleomo: 8:51am On Nov 08, 2005
ABIMCO for now offer the best reseller opportunity in Nigeria. I joined the reseller program when I was doing my IT few months ago and Iam glad I did. The customer support is superb and service delivery is within 60 munites. With only an investment of N19,800 4 months ago, I am not thinking of looking for job because I now have my web hosting company and I am comfortable.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by eolutosin(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2005
I have read all the contributions thus far and the comparism between Abimco and nairahost. Well, nairahost.com takes the burden off you as you dont have to pay one-term fee for the ABIMCO reseller plan. With nairahost, you only make payment whenever you place order. This implies that if you dont make order, you dont have to pay. Like Kayode said, nairahost domain reseller plan is still the cheapest. So, just look critically at what you are looking for and make ur choice. Check the services being offered at the sites and decide...
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2005
To me Nairahost program is just an affilaite program not a reseller program. The N9,000 paid look like a setup fee. ABIMCO offer similar programm Free of Charge to Youth Corpers and students who want to start, but has no fund to pay for a complete reseller package, this was one of the options I was given. And Abimco offers domain registration for as low as N1,000 for her Platinum Resellers.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by olutoyin(m): 4:22am On Nov 13, 2005
What about web hosting companies outside Nigeria for Nigerians?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by rotimikehinde(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2005
grin I really think its worth mentioning that ipNX Nigeria has UPGRADED their Web hosting offerings:

On both windows and Linux boxes:

2000MB - 4000MB starting from 18,000NAIRA(Linux)

Now thats some space and Webmasters can actually host multiple sites using Domain name forwarding. Aint that just cool?

Also theres a new Visioneer on the block:

http://www.thinkcube.org

Well thats my babeeee!!!!

From 20MB - 1000MB....check it out!!!!!!!!! Very affordable.
so I brand, design (with php and mySql support), and host, Very fast tooooo.

let me showcase two sites I designed all hosted on thinkcube's hosting facility.

http://www.godkulture.org/
http://www.footballdevelopmentfoundation.org/
kultureman.com is coming soon too.

Cheers people

thekultureman
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by kazey(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2005
olutoyin:

What about web hosting companies outside Nigeria for Nigerians?

It worth to Note that Nairahost uses USA located servers and has a branch in Malaysia. Besides that Nairahost has clients from Malaysia, France, USA and even Australia. That means our hosting is not only dedicated to the Nigerian market only.

We also have reseller packages currently which gives you total control over your clients using the Web Host Manager by Cpanel and this also comes with client management script for your hosting management.

It cost only 15,000 Naira for 2000MB and 15GB bandwidth Reseller package. It comes with 2 nameservers of your choice and total anonymousity is ensured. Other features can be viewed by visiting our site.

Our servers are totally maintained by professional dedicated technicians of fastservers in the USA. we provide 24/7 e-mail support too. on yahoo messenger we provide 12 hours support from 12pm GMT to 12am.

More Information can be obtained at Nigeria Web Hosting . Please feel free to use our support desk if you have any enquiries regarding our identity or services.

We also have a promotional package of 500MB at 10,000 Naira only.

We accept paypal, credit cards, GTB and STB bank transfer.

If you need any proof for our claims please feel free to contact us too smiley.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by Afam(m): 11:44am On Nov 23, 2005
Just Web Services is based in Nigeria but does not offer cheap web hosting plans because the focus is reliability and availability so we stick with a plan that guarantees maxixmum uptime.

Just Web Services - http://www.justwebservices.com

Customer service and support is free as long as any contract lasts
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by wilsonhaze(m): 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2005
please i am searching for a nigerian company that does webhosting and domain registration, with php and asp included, with a reasonable fee. i'd appreciate some good help.
thanks
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mingiix: 12:51am On Nov 26, 2005
We are a UK based web hosting company. Our chief executive is a UK based medical doctor who also has a post-graduate degree in  IT. More importantly, our chief executive and about half of our members of staff are Nigerians.
WHAT WE OFFER
1.cheap domain registration  see pricing
2.cheap web hosting  VIEW OUR HOSTING PLANS
3.cheap web designing     view sample web sites
4.cheap ecommerce web site and free hosting for 1yr  see working demo
5.cheap online communities written in ASP.NET    view demo community

WE DON'T RELY ON ELECRTICAL GENERATORS.OUR SERVERS HAVE A 99.9% uptime.  www.des-webs.com

NB! Nigerians without credit or debit cards should visit  www.nigeria-host.com
You can pay for our services in Naira at your local bank.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by niyyie(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2005
Oh la la! cheesy

Web4Africa offers web hosting as well. Using Linux servers. Many free scripts available for instant installation on your websites: Shopping carts, blogs, wikis, forums, customer support, web hosting billing, and much more.
MYSQL database and so much I can't list here.

World-class hosting, affordable rates. Reliable servers. Great 24/7 customer support.

Whats more? Domain name registration is only $10!

It doesn't get better. Sure doesn't.

http://www.web4africa.net
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by brushparke(m): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2005
www.asorockhost.com takes mediocrity out of web hosting.What's the use hosting on little disk space if you can pay the same price for gigabytes hosting?
For example 15gigs for just N20,000 is what i call ideal.See quote from the site...........
www.asorockhost.com/webhosting.htm
"Aso Rock Host has now lunched a win win reseller program aimed at helping you multiply your income. The web hosting industry grows daily as hundreds of thousand new businesses go online. With a very little investment, you can tap into this multimillion dollar venture.

How It Works: You can choose from any of the two packages on offer depending on which one suits your marketing strategy. Thus your profits can not be immediately estimated as you can make as much as thrice your initial investment.

Pay Twice Advantage: To further make your going into business easy, we allow payment on two installments for any purchase up to N58,000 by immediately setting you up on payment of 90% of the amount payable while you are allowed to pay the balance 90 days from the day of initial set-up"
see site www.asorockhost.com/resellersdelight.htm
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2005
Ok thanks i have been looking i knew mcreal b4 shaa
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by 4real(m): 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2005
Well i don't know about you guys and all you are going on about, at the end of the day, it's cheap for what, it's like buying a computer for 10,000 naira, it's cheap but it's also creap, for me am not looking for cheap but for a place where, there service is good, and uptime is 99%, for me that is ok, for me i use xceptions.biz, it's a small company but there uptime is wonderful and there customer care is great.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2005
If the uptime of your host is 99% them you have a Abimco is better than your host, her uptime is 100% see this independent monitor: http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/AbimcoWebHost.html
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by Afam(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2006
The monitoring tool was for 48 days and not one year.

That your site is up for less than 2 months does not mean that it will remain so for up to a year.

Even properly scheduled maintenance by your hosting company is enough to reduce the uptime from 100% to anything less than that.

I will agree to the 100% uptime is it stays so for 12 months.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 12:43am On Jan 03, 2006
erm can someone just make a chart and make this whole heap of data/cluster more sensible and straightforward, though a lot of advert but i think it will be more appealling if this comes in form of a table
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by tanimowo: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2006
Hi have u guys considered www.domaisn4pick.com.
Check dem out!!!
I use their service and its working
They are about quality and affordable fee
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2006
Nairahost i thought they said they have free hosting.i cant find it there oh!.can u?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by 4real(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2006
mikkybuddy you like free things, even your site was hosted on a free server, try and get one you can pay for. it's cheap.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 11:28am On Jan 12, 2006
@ 4real what will that one be called..? insult or what.where and where have u seen me getting free things.People like you cant even buy that una go and steal up peoples Credit card and pose.
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2006
mikebuddy:

@ 4real what will that one be called..? insult or what.where and where have u seen me getting free things.People like you can't even buy that una go and steal up peoples Credit card and pose.

mikebuddy, don't mind 4real, there is no sin starting with  free hosting. You can have your beautiful site hosted for only N2,500 a year with your domain name www.mikebuddy.com FREE  at www.abimco.com
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 2:23pm On Jan 13, 2006
@ ijebu 10x i wil try that is it one full year.?
Re: Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria by ijebu(m): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2006
mikebuddy:

@ ijebu 10x i wil try that is it one full year.?

Yes one full year for only N2,500 for .com, .net etc, but if you want www.mikebuddy.info it is only N2,000 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Order On Amazon.com From Nigeria / Jcow Pro8.2, Themes And Moduls / The Domainkingng Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.