Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? (10282 Views)

How Do You Tell Your "Friend With Benefit" That She Has A Smelly Vagina? / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / I Am Having A 'friends With Benefit' Wahala! Please Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Ejine(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
I used to have a friend-with-benefits in my Uni days. And if thee's one thing I've come to learn, it's that women find it really difficult to separate their emotions from sex.

This 'friend' of mine in question - We had our first encounter during a cousin's birthday party. I had just been out of a relationship and just wanted to play around a little. So, during the party, we had a few glasses too many, and 'a few things went down'.
We woke up the morning after, completely mortified, but quickly accepted it anyway, and admitted being PHYSICALLY attracted to each other.
We kept meeting up at different places for sex, and I felt she was cool with the status of things.

Things only started taking a turn for the disturbingly weird when she started calling me regularly, every day of the week. Sometimes she'd call 6 times a day saying the same thing, "Well... Juss wanted to check up on you and, umm, you know, see how you're doing."
She started paying me visits, not just for sex, but just to "spend some time".
She started getting all touchy-feely, always wanting to cuddle, hold my hand while walking, sit on my lap and stroke my beard, text my phone like crazy, etc.

Mehn, all a brotha wanted was pusssy, not this crap. undecided

I eventually started seeing someone for a 'proper' relationship, and she got quite angry and confrontational.

Long story short, it ended with me feeling guilty and drained.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Oahray: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
Em... Op, do you mean friends with benefit or unrequited love?
They are two different things.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Riskymallam: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
Yeah, its like waiting for your ship at the airport {sic}
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by bibigirl07: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
Friends with benefits is a morally wrong concept. But, if u are willing to share ur body with ur "friend", be prepared for the worst case scenario eg unrequited L♥√ع, jealousy, anger and possible decapitation, from an obsessed "friend". Even well defined relationships grow sour nt to mention FWB. So, be extremely careful with the cookie jar
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by nearest(m): 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
All I can say is FWB? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Can someone plz xplain better the meaning of 'friendz wit benefit'?
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by kjhova(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
bibigirl07: Friends with benefits is a morally wrong concept. But, if u are willing to share ur body with ur "friend", be prepared for the worst case scenario eg unrequited L♥√ع, jealousy, anger and possible decapitation, from an obsessed "friend". Even well defined relationships grow sour nt to mention FWB. So, be extremely careful with the cookie jar

I do disagree with you on this opinion. Moral is not a universal concept and some people have experienced fantastic FWB relationships. Fact is that people involved in FWB relations have less reasons to feel jealous or angry compared to people in "SERIOUS" relations. However, just like you said, every relationship (no matter what good intentions of the participants) can grow sour.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by 1920MaMa: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2012
so it's been established, FWB doesn't lead to anything serious, why then do people engage in it, knowing the consequence of such relationship?

secondly, it's the women who gets hurt cos of their inability to separate their emotions from the act, so i ask, why do the men lead them on?
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by DebbieChelsea(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2012
I dnt even beleive in it.....
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by salolo(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
yes
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by ypzilanti: 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
1920MaMa: so it's been established, FWB doesn't lead to anything serious, why then do people engage in it, knowing the consequence of such relationship?

secondly, it's the women who gets hurt cos of their inability to separate their emotions from the act, so i ask, why do the men lead them on?

Friends with benefits is an 'arrangement' no one is 'led on' by definition, it is s@x for pleasure among friends just for fun.

Definitely not for the fainthearted and unsophisticated...to be honest you have to be an 'ashewo' or at an 'ashewo' point in your life to even try this.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by ypzilanti: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
ypzilanti:

Friends with benefits is an 'arrangement' no one is 'led on' by definition, it is s@x for pleasure among friends just for fun.

Definitely not for the fainthearted and unsophisticated...to be honest you have to be an 'ashewo' or at an 'ashewo' point in your life to even try this.

By ashewo I mean promiscious...not hooker on street 'ashewo'.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Ammanda(f): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2012
poster your topic does not relate to your thread .
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by KateSpade(f): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
you end it, the whole point of it is to be void of romantic feelings. figure out if that's what u want to continue with casual friends with benefits relationships or ones with more substance.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Egbagirl(f): 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
lanre_front: This thing does happen sometimes. Even to nice cultured girls. It happens under very peculiar situations. So don't say it can happen to u.

A pleasant likable handsome well-to-do nice guy who is good company. A pleasant likable beautiful well-to-do lady. For some reason, maybe they both don't want a serious relationship yet, and for some reasons, they are always running into each other.

Could be they have same group of friends or belong to the same church etc. I guess friends with benefit do comfort each other.

But that is they are both good people. As for ladies, if for some reason. You tempted get into something, try to see how it turns out, its important to make sure that guy is GOOD HUMAN BEING who has respect for people generally, otherwise you can get scarred. Some guys are really terrible. Stupid human beings. Some will may making fun of you behind ur back.

Does good comes out it? It depends on that person you hooked up with. If he is good guy, even if it don't lead into something serious, he will still care about u and be happy to help anyway in can in the future if need be. But if he is bad person. Then u might just end up getting one the most bitter experience of ur life.

Generally, its not advisable for ladies. Guys are naturally made to naturally flow with those kind of arrangement.

So as a lady, if feel like u wanna flow to, make sure its a guy with good head on his shoulders.

You have spoken well. For those who choose to engage in FwB, listen to Lanre.

However, in your best interest, either you stay single or you get into a relationship. Chances of it leading to something serious are low. Most times, it's so complicated that it ends up being more harmful than beneficial.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Egbagirl(f): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ejiné: I used to have a friend-with-benefits in my Uni days. And if thee's one thing I've come to learn, it's that women find it really difficult to separate their emotions from sex.

This 'friend' of mine in question - We had our first encounter during a cousin's birthday party. I had just been out of a relationship and just wanted to play around a little. So, during the party, we had a few glasses too many, and 'a few things went down'.
We woke up the morning after, completely mortified, but quickly accepted it anyway, and admitted being PHYSICALLY attracted to each other.
We kept meeting up at different places for sex, and I felt she was cool with the status of things.

Things only started taking a turn for the disturbingly weird when she started calling me regularly, every day of the week. Sometimes she'd call 6 times a day saying the same thing, "Well... Juss wanted to check up on you and, umm, you know, see how you're doing."
She started paying me visits, not just for sex, but just to "spend some time".
She started getting all touchy-feely, always wanting to cuddle, hold my hand while walking, sit on my lap and stroke my beard, text my phone like crazy, etc.

Mehn, all a brotha wanted was pusssy, not this crap. undecided

I eventually started seeing someone for a 'proper' relationship, and she got quite angry and confrontational.

Long story short, it ended with me feeling guilty and drained.

You are the guy lanre_front warns about in his post. Ladies if you are doing FWB, stay clear of Ejiné. lol. but I know pple who've done FWB and still cuddled bla bla bla. You are FRIENDS with benefits attached. What you wanted was a prostitute.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Amjustme: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
As a Christain it is wrong. Am also going to say men can engage in FWD relationships wit no strings attached but for a woman?? No way!! Infact guys, if u c a woman engaging in FWD wit no strings attached FEAR dat kind woman cos her heart don die too.in a nut shell, stop committing fornication dat is wot its called not FWB.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
190-the-clown:
yes it leads to untimely pregnancy especially amongst Nigerian girls undecided

. . .and then the Guy abandons her, and she posts on Nairaland seeking for help.

1 Like

Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by adim2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
When two individual decides  eat wat they were suppose  eat secretly, openly, there is nothing good that will come out of it. When both A̶̲̥̅я̲̅é̸ attracted  each other just for sex reason, they will disengage also for sex reason. This is M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ simple logic  FWB
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by ektbear: 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
Only has lead to heartache for me.

Like it sounds like a good idea at first, but it is hard to not get attached to someone...and eventually want more.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by toby2(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
Am sorry to say dis but i'll say d truth as far as d definition of FWB.s concerned. Ladies n guys of nowadays have made fornication n adultery so cheap n trivial dat one begins to doubt if its still a sin, sex is like a fire in a fire place, it keeps a house warm wen in marriage but once it gets out of marriage, everyone gets burnt. You all know dis shi t is wrong but you'll neva back off from it.
@op, get out of it ASAP n go back to God for mercy cos like begat like de say, wat you sow, you'll reap
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by Gogirl(f): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
Who dey online here,pls I nid deebee collabo contact ooo pls!!!

1 Like

Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by alorauzoms(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Sometimes it does leads to a permamnent relationship. Hv seen one
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by claremont(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
Friends with benefit is a good thing, it gives you all the pleasure of being in a relationship without the associated hassle of commitment. I meet her needs, she meets my needs, and both of us are happy. I wouldn't in my wildest dreams think of having her as a partner, and I personally don't care how she feels. She can opt out any day.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by 1920MaMa: 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
HQ:

. . .and then the Guy abandons her, and she posts on Nairaland seeking for help.

get creative and stop blabbing!
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by crazygod(m): 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
Truth is FWB (friends with benefit) is a myth, an urban legend. When a gurl allows u to explore her jerusalem, there is an exchange. Either u pay money or u show commitment to her. FWB exists only in foreign movies.:d

1 Like

Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by lanrefront1(m): 1:25am On Nov 30, 2012
ypzilanti:

By ashewo I mean promiscious...not hooker on street 'ashewo'.

Not true; not true at all. A girl does not have to be promiscuous to be engaged in that.

Over time, I've at least seen a couple of such relationships and the girls involved were not in remotest sense promiscuous.

Mistake u guys are making, most of the times when u have FWB relationship, the girls do not go in with such specified intention in specific way or as a strategy. At a pont in time, it just becomes clear to them that is what's going on.

However they are some that go into it with such clear intention. And because a girl is doing FWB doesn't mean she will just suddenly lose all her values, class and taste because she'll probably be attracted or chose the guy based on those qualities.
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by vivianc(f): 1:34am On Nov 30, 2012
FWB? Not for me! I'm too emotional for stuff like that.......
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by EKARO(m): 1:40am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by nice4life: 1:49am On Nov 30, 2012
vivian chinaza: FWB? Not for me! I'm too emotional for stuff like that.......
^^
Can you u take another pics with a standing pose?

Thanks
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by biolabee(m): 6:52am On Nov 30, 2012
crazygod: Truth is FWB (friends with benefit) is a myth, an urban legend. When a gurl allows u to explore her jerusalem, there is an exchange. Either u pay money or u show commitment to her. FWB exists only in foreign movies.:d

GBAM!!
Re: Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? by vivianc(f): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2012
nice4life:
^^
Can you u take another pics with a standing pose?

Thanks
grin grin No.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save The Vagina (pics) / Meet The ‘highest-paid Sex Worker’ In United States (pics) / When She Says She's Coming To Spend The Night - PIC +18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.