Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,483 members, 7,801,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? (29801 Views)

(pic) Me 23 , Her 38 Age Is Nothing But A Number / That Moment When A Lady Says Age Is Nothing But A Number. / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by esere826: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2012
when I was very young, I felt it was silly for a girl to date someone much older than herself (max 2 years older). Anything younger was acceptable
As I grew older , I felt it was silly for a girl to date anyone more than 7 years older than her. Anything younger was acceptable

At my present age, I now feel it is silly for a girl to date anyone more than 16 years older than her. Anything younger is acceptable
When I'm in my 70's, I suspect I would feel it is silly for a girl to date a guy more than 40 years older than her. Anything younger would be acceptable

Umh........
Just musing
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Goldieluks: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
richarts: I think Mynd44 said the most sensibles things on this topics. He gave the right answered.

That was just it. When you are over the ages of 18 you are a adult.

grin
You again??
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
Goldieluks:

grin
You again??

Whats? Tell me.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
moreeni: Men are naturally babies. The older they get, the better their maturity. Yes the age gab should at LEAST be 4 yrs and at most as old as the woman can live with. Although there shouldn't be bosses in a relationship but the man should be able to LEAD,it takes a lot of maturity to do that. Simple.

I dont know how to respond to you. Maybe you have been meeting men whose brains grow in reverse direction with their ages just like you do, suggestive of your comments.

I know you cant say that even if you met me at 20. I prefer husband and wife being at least 5yrs apart in age. But i want you to answer the poster's question on why your folk become desperate after crossing 25.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
richarts:

Whats? Tell me.
It's no longer funny! Are you very serious about your grammatical innuendos?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Goldieluks: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
richarts:

Whats? Tell me.

I know you can write very well. Why are you pretending to be an illiterate?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Goldieluks:

I know you can write very well. Why are you pretending to be an illiterate?

dont mind the dude!! trying to catch fun
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by ebizswit(f): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
Someone, about 37 is proposing, nd am 22, though he looks under 30sha...is d age difference way too much?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by tai2(m): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2012
kcreal: A friend of mine is getting married to a guy she is 9yrs older than. How about that?

That's probably why you have "the Lord is my Shepherd" as your signature, desperate feathers flock together.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by frond: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2012
Xplodes2700: Age is definitely an issue, it makes me sick hearing a 25yrs old girl even dating a 35yrs old guy, in my own opinion i feel the age difference shud be @ least four years angry

if at least 4 yrs, what then wrong with 25yrs dating 35yrs. You have not specified your maxi
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by kaboninc(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
moreeni: Men are naturally babies. The older they get, the better their maturity. Yes the age gab should at LEAST be 4 yrs and at most as old as the woman can live with. Although there shouldn't be bosses in a relationship but the man should be able to LEAD,it takes a lot of maturity to do that. Simple.
Womem of these days sef, I tire. Fine there should be no 'bosses' in a relationship but what will you call a man that 'LEADS' in that same relationship?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Input(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
Lalalala this is the second time my post is making front page...#happy mood
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by frond: 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
k2039:

Someone reasoning exactly like me.

When I hear of age difference of 10 years,I call it child abuse(not literal though)

People dont even consider the average age at which people die(let say the average man who leaves long die at 7O,so that means the widow will likely remain unmarried from age 60 till she dies.)

Life is not as straight and fair as you wished. Wife of 50yrs can die before husband of 75yrs. This is real. Wake up! No two relationship is the same.

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
SELFWORTH: Everything will be a problem for an immature man or woman. A small mind is a small mind. Age has nothing to do with .

My dear, you are there. I have seen 17yr olds more matured than 25yr olds.

Maturity doesnt come with age. Some people cannot digest that fact(fat)....no enzymes....

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by kaboninc(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
ebizswit: Someone, about 37 is proposing, nd am 22, though he looks under 30sha...is d age difference way too much?
Its way too much but it depends on what you want. 15 years difference!
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by ziondougta(f): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
I don't think age matters in a relationship. The main issues are compartibility and love.
I dated a guy who was 4yrs older than me for so many years and wen it was time to settle down, he said I didn't have what he wanted in a wife.
Less than 2yrs after the break up, I met my hubby and one thing led to another and we are here today.
I only understood that my Ex felt threatened by me cos I had started working and even taught him driving while he was still in medical school. The truth is that I got matured than him.
My husband encourages me to do more cos no matter my acheivement, he wants me to do more. He is much older than me and I love him and very comfortable with him.
Just forget the age and go for the real stuff, who knows your Prince Charming could be even 2 decades olders.

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Goldieluks: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
ebizswit: Someone, about 37 is proposing, nd am 22, though he looks under 30sha...is d age difference way too much?

The age gap is much, but if the guy in question is caring, understanding and loving, and treats the girl like his partner rather than his child or his younger sister, then I do not see anything wrong with their union.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by stainless40: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
Age is not problem at all in a relationship. My man is 15yrs older than me and we are happy together.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Temi231(f): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
Input: Lalalala this is the second time my post is making front page...#happy mood

lol tongue
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
Morayo747:

Ok what he/she means is that everyone of the same age do not neccesarily have the same level of maturity. Clear enough for you huh? And the word is *Expantiate*. Stop using big grammar if you can't spell it. Explain would have served the same purpose....

Expatiate is real. Forget what you hear people pronounce....

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by ipromise: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
ƒσя α̲̅ man to be more older than his wife is ok. But ƒσя α̲̅ lady to be far older than Her husband
Is unacceptable..i.e Lady 33 and man 27..rubbish..
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by oladim80: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
all that matter is love,maturity,respect for each other and understanding
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
richarts:

I dont gets you.
Are you for real or this na stunting?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
ipromise: ƒσя α̲̅ man to be more older than his wife is ok. But ƒσя α̲̅ lady to be far older than Her husband
Is unacceptable..i.e Lady 33 and man 27..rubbish..
Why is it rubbish?! It is the same mentality used to enslave women all over the world. If both of them agree to be together there is nothing important about the age.PERIOD!
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
okpara ugo:

I dont know how to respond to you. Maybe you have been meeting men whose brains grow in reverse direction with their ages just like you do, suggestive of your comments.

I know you cant say that even if you met me at 20. I prefer husband and wife being at least 5yrs apart in age. But i want you to answer the poster's question on why your folk become desperate after crossing 25.

I don't get what the attack is for Daddy. Maturity, in my experience, tends to come with age. At least you will agree that no matter the number of cloths a child possesses, the rags among can't be as much as that of an elder.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2012

Do you love him Why do most people live their lives observing what people will say

I tire... Enjoy your life... Its too short.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
Input: Lalalala this is the second time my post is making front page...#happy mood

i ban you for trolling. Some have 5 on front page.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by gudmind: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
what of our father dat senior our mother with at least 20 years age not a problem please next
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Input(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
kcreal: A friend of mine is getting married to a guy she is 9yrs older than. How about that?
My question here is that like 10 or 15years ago would the girl even allow the guy come any close to her?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by kcreal(f): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
tai2:

That's probably why you have "the Lord is my Shepherd" as your signature, desperate feathers flock together.
And what gives you the impression that I'm still single? I'm married to a man who is 5yrs older than me, abeg park well make I see road jor.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Input(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
gudmind: what of our father dat senior our mother with at least 20 years age not a problem please next
Bros read from the first post before you comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Must Men still Use Ring To Prospose Instead Of Cars, Landed Properties? / She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. / Man Transfer N10 To Lady, After Saying Her Language Is Money, And This Happened(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.