Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,571 members, 7,770,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse (1471 Views)

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" / Dec 21 2012: Mayan Region Launches Apocalypse Countdown / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse by LailaIkeji1: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
Worried about the impending 2012 "Mayan apocalypse," a man in China has reportedly spent his life savings on the construction of his very own "Noah's Ark."

According to China News Service, Lu Zhenghai, from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in northwest China, has already spent about $160,000 on the boat. The vessel, designed by Lu himself, measures about 65 feet in length and will, when completed, weigh about 80 tons, the report states.

Lu said he began building his so-called ark in 2010 out of fear that an impending "doomsday" flood would threaten his and his family's survival.

"I'm afraid that when the end of the world comes in 2012, flood waters will destroy my house," Lu told the Chinese News Service, according to a HuffPost translation.

"So I took all my savings and invested in the construction of this boat," he continued. "When the time comes, everyone can take refuge in it."

Chinese news website FMN reports that Lu's "ark" was built with 10 tons of timber and 60 tons of steel. Due to lack of funds, however, it has yet to be completed.

As the Daily Mail notes, experts have long been trying to convince people that the so-called Mayan apocalypse, slated to strike on Dec. 21, will not occur. Still, Lu is not alone in his survivalist struggle.

In August, the New York Daily News reported that another Chinese man had spent two years creating his own "Noah's Ark" in the form of a sturdy, buoyant yellow ball.

Even if the apocalypse fails to take place, however, Lu still has plenty of plans for his boat. According to FMN, Lu said he hopes the vessel will attract tourists who will want to take sightseeing tours. He also said that the boat could be used as a ferry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/lu-zhenghai-boat-mayan-apocalypse-noah-ark_n_2198680.html

Re: Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
some people dey maadt i swear! 160grand wey i go use do better thing,na to go build Ark? mtscheeew! undecided undecided
Re: Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
Stale Gist.
Re: Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse by Patdedon(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
Chinese business man
Re: Chinese Man, Builds 'noah's Ark' In Preparation For Dec 21 2012 Mayan Apocalypse by OAM4J: 3:14am On Nov 30, 2012

(1)

SUPERNATURAL Explained: How The Ouija Board Really Moves / The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? / Muslims Embrace Christianity After Seeing The barbaric Actions Of ISIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.