Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (266811 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by cornor(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2013
i was able to browse with it on my PC but my credit was deducted.wat can i do?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2013
cornor: i was able to browse with it on my PC but my credit was deducted.wat can i do?
Recharge
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by cornor(m): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2013
haibe:

I thought i told you i use my airtel bis to browse on my laptop(its very fast), my sister uses mtn and my bro uses glo..all working fine with BIS.
Why is it deducting credit using MTN?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Calebeslove4u(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
haibe: For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After installing, Just connect your blackberry to your laptop using a usb
cable, open the bb desktop manager and make sure it has
connected (it will show the picture of your bb device when
connected and "Sync all" at the bottom right).

After it has connected: Click on the "Tools bar" at the top
Left of the bb manager, then click on "mobile internet
settings", then click on the "Add custom" button, A Box will
appear for filling settings.

For Mtn: Account/profile name: MTNWAP
Username:web
Password:web
Access point:web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Dont put anything again, just click on ok and save.

For Airtel: Profile name: AIRTEL NG
Username: internet
Password: internet
Access point: internet.ng.airtel.com
Leave the rest blank and click on ok and save

Now go back to click on the tools bar, then click on "start
mobile internet, it will ask you to connect, do so. Or
alternatively click on "mobile internet" at the bottom left of
the software and connect.
Goodluck..you can check your data balance for airtel by
pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Let me know if it helped or if you all have any questions.

I'v done d normal airtel settings frm tools>mobile intrnet settgs>add>intrnet.ng.airtel.com >user name and password=internet.
But wen I click start mobile internet it will display "there was a hardware failure in d modem or other connecting device,plz check ur profile settings and make sure ur radio is turned on.this service might also hav been turned off by ur wireless service provider or ur administrator"
Plz wat do I do ooo.........thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by rufdan(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
chai see luck oo,thanks bro,it work and dam fast on mtn.bros how do i check my balance on mtn bis 1500 subscription
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Caseless: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
oboy, e go work well well sef.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jnostill: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
I hv followd d steps but its using my credit, hw do i set it to mtn bis
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
I have been enjoying this on my glo bis for many months now, just did for my mtn 3 weeks ago. Found out I even enjoy it better with MTN cos of stronger 3G network. However, for whatever reasons, MTN has started deducting my credit when I use browse with pc for the past 4 days. Don't know what's up with MTN suddenly.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
chiefololade:
Account name : Etisalat Internet
APN : etisalat
All the rest should be left blank

Thank you. i will try it out!
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by profeoo(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2013
How do Ï check data usage on mtn bis?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hello all. If your MTN credit is being deducted, it simply means one thing, your bis has expired, so you're now browsing with your call credit. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this, as I found out, until the expiration of your subscription plan. No notification whatsoever that I had exhausted my data limit! Now, I have to go back to using my Glo, in fact, using it right now and so far, no money has been deducted. I subscribed to the weekly plan. My MTN subscription will expire 3rd August, so I have to continue with glo until then. Cheers!
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Calebeslove4u(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
femi4: 1.Download and install Tether to
your PC by visiting the URL on your
computer:
* Windows Version:
http://tether.com/t/setupdrv.exe

2. Download Tether on your
BlackBerry® by opening the
following URL with your
BlackBerry® device, from the
browser: http://tether.com/t/tether.jad

3. Please disable all wireless
network connections and run the software Tether on both the PC and
the BlackBerry® and follow the
onscreen instructions.

If you are seeing an error for "No
Available Port", this means you
need to set the correct APN and
make sure all permissions have
been granted to Tether on your
BlackBerry® device.
9z one boss,thanks alot,it worked perfectly well on my airtel bis...........but d licence status on the bb is showing trial,plz is dia any way one could download d cracked version.or possibly get d code....thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by profeoo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
prof e.o.o:
How do Ï check data usage on mtn bis?
. Nawao somebody shid ansa nau
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by femi4: 2:44am On Jul 16, 2013
prof e.o.o:
. Nawao somebody shid ansa nau
not possible
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by femi4: 3:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Calebeslove4u:
9z one boss,thanks alot,it worked perfectly well on my airtel bis...........but d status on the bb is showing trial,plz is dia any way one could download d cracked version.
You can also try this procedure:

1. Make sure you installed your Blackberry Desktop Manager properly, open it, and connect your Blackberry Bold using USB cable. Your Blackberry Desktop Manager should recognize your
device by showing “Device
Connected(PIN): xxxxxxxx” Once
your device is connected to your laptop,

check in the Control Panel -
> Phone and Modem Options ->
Modem tab -> select your blackberry modem (it is listed just as “Standard Modem” in my computer”, and click “Properties” -> Diagnostics tab and click “Query Modem”, it should give you result in command and response field.

2. Choose “Advanced” tab on the
same window and enter this in the
“Extra initialization commands” field:
+cgdcont=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular” Ok, if everything went as it should, you are now able to use your Blackberry Bold as a modem. You just have make a dial-up
connection to actually connect to the Internet.

3. To create a new dial-up
connection, go to your “Network
Connection” and under “Network Task” choose “Create a new connection” A connection wizard will come up and ask you several questions. The main thing is to choose this: Connect to Internet ->
Next -> “Set up my connection manually” -> Next -> “Connect using a Dial-up Modem” -> Next -> check your Blackberry Bold modem -> Next -> make up your own ISP name (it doesn’t matter what you put there) -> Next -> *99# as your phone number -> Next ->leave the username and password blank -> Next and Finish.

4. Your newly created dial-up connection will show up in your Network Connection window under dial-up connections. Double-click it and hit dial.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by goodtalk(m): 3:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Op God bless u plenty! Was able to use t'he stuff, am on Airtel BIS, t'he airtel net work most time in my area is on edge but nevertheless it worked pretty moderately. Gracious!

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 4:07am On Jul 16, 2013
Swaginton: I use a curve 7 on an etisalat line...I dnt use any destop manager to browse aldou I ve it...I use d mobile hotspot feature dat cums wit d fone n its nt only fast bt UNLIMITED!
well for those whose bb have an hotspot it may not be necessary to use the bb desktop software.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 4:10am On Jul 16, 2013
lepasharon: whah arbout Nokia phone? tongue

instead of bb desktop software. get a nokia pc suite and use the suitable settings for your sim as given in my post.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Calebeslove4u(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2013
femi4: You can also try this procedure:

1. Make sure you installed your Blackberry Desktop Manager properly, open it, and connect your Blackberry Bold using USB cable. Your Blackberry Desktop Manager should recognize your
device by showing “Device
Connected(PIN): xxxxxxxx” Once
your device is connected to your laptop,

check in the Control Panel -
> Phone and Modem Options ->
Modem tab -> select your blackberry modem (it is listed just as “Standard Modem” in my computer”, and click “Properties” -> Diagnostics tab and click “Query Modem”, it should give you result in command and response field.

2. Choose “Advanced” tab on the
same window and enter this in the
“Extra initialization commands” field:
+cgdcont=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular” Ok, if everything went as it should, you are now able to use your Blackberry Bold as a modem. You just have make a dial-up
connection to actually connect to the Internet.

3. To create a new dial-up
connection, go to your “Network
Connection” and under “Network Task” choose “Create a new connection” A connection wizard will come up and ask you several questions. The main thing is to choose this: Connect to Internet ->
Next -> “Set up my connection manually” -> Next -> “Connect using a Dial-up Modem” -> Next -> check your Blackberry Bold modem -> Next -> make up your own ISP name (it doesn’t matter what you put there) -> Next -> *99# as your phone number -> Next ->leave the username and password blank -> Next and Finish.

4. Your newly created dial-up connection will show up in your Network Connection window under dial-up connections.
Double-click it and hit dial.

bros i followed d step to d point of "extra initiallization command" but dis is wat is showing on my own +cgdcont=1,”IP”,”3internet", and it is not editable.....even d "change default preferences" is not highlighted..................anyway out?.....thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by dagbokoncept(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
I tried it and its working now. Thanks.I appreciate.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jtenna: 12:45am On Jul 17, 2013
Abeg oohhhh! Some1 should Þlëå§e tell me how to use d glo bis on my pc with desktop manager. Thnks in anticipation
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jtenna: 6:34am On Jul 17, 2013
olyjosh: Please has any gat these done and perfectly working on Bold 3. It's not working for me on bold 3

I am having the same Problem using my bold 3. I am on glo BIS. Someone pls help us with †ђξ right settings for glo dat will work with bold 3. Or if bold 3 can work with other network BIS plans like airtel or mtn?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jtenna: 6:58am On Jul 17, 2013
Unique!:
I have been enjoying this on my glo bis for many months now, just did for my mtn 3 weeks ago. Found out I even enjoy it better with MTN cos of stronger 3G network. However, for whatever reasons, MTN has started deducting my credit when I use browse with pc for the past 4 days. Don't know what's up with MTN suddenly.
Pls what settings are you using for the glo BIS?
I use;
Username: flat
Password: flat
APN: blackberry.net
But it is not working. Do you think glo has stopped the BIS for pc plan? Or maybe becos I use a bold 3?
Pls really need any help.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jtenna: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Calebeslove4u:

bros i followed d step to d point of "extra initiallization command" but dis is wat is showing on my own +cgdcont=1,”IP”,”3internet", and it is not editable.....even d "change default preferences" is not highlighted..................anyway out?.....thanks
I attempted trying this settings to see if it could work with my bold 3 but it isn't. Am having same problem with this guy.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by latestsunny(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
MTN Is no more goin. Pls help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by fynobrown: 9:12am On Jul 18, 2013
Anyone wit an idea of soolving this MTN BIS shit, I was using vpn with it aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ it suddenly stoped working...m.. Please help cos I just subscribe on this 2days back
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by folalag: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Pls help Mtn bis has stopped working on PC though it is connecting but not browsing. Any idea on hw to resolve this? Thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by visalat(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2013
How To Use GatewayVPN VPN on MTN BIS Nigeria FOR browsing as am enjoying it.

Add me for the account purchase.
Subscribe for MTN Blackberry Internet Subscription By sending BIS to 21600(N1500) for monthly or sending BBCWEEK for weekly subscription Or the BBCDAY.
We recommend using these for now.
For MTN BIS users: Put your sim in the modem or configure your bb desktop manager and create a new network profile
Profile Name: Gatewayvpn VPN
Access Point (APN): blackberry.net
Access Number: *99#
Username: web
Password: web
Then Download Gateway VPN V3 for mtn bis users. After Downloading, Open the software and put your username and password.
Choose UDP as protocol and the MTN BIS option.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Calebeslove4u(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
j.tenna:

I attempted trying this settings to see if it could work with my bold 3 but it isn't. Am having same problem with this guy.
Ya,mine is bold 3 too
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by IFEADIKA(m): 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mine(MTN BIS) stopped yesterday as well even though it connects. I don't know if they intentionally did that or not but i still want to allow this week to pass after which i will swing into action on how to find another way if the issue persist.
Still, if anyone finds a better alternative let him/her let the forum know. Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by busolayemi: 4:09am On Jul 19, 2013
Mine is showing limited connectivity...instead of the blue ball at the network place...its showing the yellow allert triangle...i use mtn

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.