Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Want To Buy A Bmw X5 Please I Need Your Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy A Bmw X5 Please I Need Your Advise (3902 Views)

Which Should I Buy, A Bmw E36, BMW E46 Or A Mercedes Benz C-220? / 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Vs 2010 BMW X5. / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy A Bmw X5 Please I Need Your Advise by yesman(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
Hi, I'll be visiting the states where I intend to buy a used BMW X5 2002/2006 model and have it shipped to Naija. I'd like to know from current owners or those of you familiar with this car:

1. I noticed that this car is not popular on Nigerian roads, is it because of the cost or high maintenance? Or is it highly sought after by thieves?

2. What are the differences between 2002,2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 models (can't afford beyond that) as they seem to be within similar price range?

3. What should I consider as ideal mileage?

4. This will be my only car as I'm getting rid of my current, would it be ideal to use for another 4-5 years?

5. How much will routine servicing cost? Will I be able maintain it on my salary (i earn N400k/mth)

I'd appreciate valuable info from you guys before taking the plunge.
Re: I Want To Buy A Bmw X5 Please I Need Your Advise by yesman(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nobody has an X5 or don't just want to help sad
Re: I Want To Buy A Bmw X5 Please I Need Your Advise by Novice1(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
yesman: Hi, I'll be visiting the states where I intend to buy a used BMW X5 2002/2006 model and have it shipped to Naija. I'd like to know from current owners or those of you familiar with this car:

1. I noticed that this car is not popular on Nigerian roads, is it because of the cost or high maintenance? Or is it highly sought after by thieves?

2. What are the differences between 2002,2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 models (can't afford beyond that) as they seem to be within similar price range?

4. This will be my only car as I'm getting rid of my current, would it be ideal to use for another 4-5 years?

5. How much will routine servicing cost? Will I be able maintain it on my salary (i earn N400k/mth)

It isnt popular becuaseof the prohibitive maintenance costs..... I have a friend that went to coscharis for routine servicing and they submitted a quote of close to 800k. and 300k alone for registration.. becuase he did not buy the car from them.

Take it to the roadside mechanics and they will mess it up for you.

If you have another car, u can go for it because of the technology and comfort. But be prepared to park it forever in the future or sell it at a giveaway price.
Re: I Want To Buy A Bmw X5 Please I Need Your Advise by Wallie(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2012
yesman: Hi, I'll be visiting the states where I intend to buy a used BMW X5 2002/2006 model and have it shipped to Naija. I'd like to know from current owners or those of you familiar with this car:

1. I can't speak for maintenance in Nigeria but it is relatively expensive to maintain. It is not a Honda or Toyota.
2. What engine size are you looking at? 6 cylinder or 8? From model year 2004, the truck became more economical (better gas mileage due to vanos), more reliable and also looked slightly different.
3. Less than 100k miles but more important is the service history. Try to get the dates and mileage when BMW Inspection 1 and 2 were performed. BMW Inspection 2 is the most important as it covers more stuff. Here's what it should look like:

15,000 miles - Oil and Safety Service (O/S)
30,000 miles - BMW Inspection I (I/1)
45,000 miles - Oil and Safety Service (O/S)
60,000 miles - BMW Inspection II (I/2)
75,000 miles - Oil and Safety Service (O/S)
90,000 miles - BMW Inspection I (I/1)

Oil and Safety Service (O/S)
Inspection I Service (I/1)
Inspection II Service (I/2)
Intermediate oil service (O/F)

Read the link below for more info on what each service entails.
http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/Tip_and_Tricks_Inspection.html

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Matrix 05/06 Or Honda CRV 05/06? / Mercedes S Classes W126. W140 W215 W220 / Will I Have Customs Problem With Green Color Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.