Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: (10438 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Fayose Salutes Buhari, Begs Nigerians To Accept Presidential Poll Result / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by mukina2: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2012
LAGOS — The leader of Nigeria's Boko Haram has expressed solidarity with global jihadists, saying the US and Britain "should witness that we are with our mujahideen brothers," in a video posted Thursday, SITE said.

According to SITE Intelligence Group, a US-based organisation, Abubakar Shekau gave the speech in Arabic in a 39-minute video posted to jihadist forums. It was not clear when it was recorded.

"The world should witness, and America, Britain, Nigeria and other crusaders, meaning America and Britain, should witness, and the Jews of Israel who are killing the Muslims in Palestine should witness... that we are with our mujahideen brothers in the cause of Allah everywhere," a translation by SITE said.

Boko Haram has been widely seen as a domestically focused extremist group, targeting symbols of Nigerian authority as well as churches, among other targets in its insurgency that has killed hundreds in Africa's most populous nation.

Its contacts with global jihadist forums have also seemed to have been limited, with videos of Shekau often posted on YouTube.

The video posted Thursday however makes particular reference to global events, according to SITE.

Shekau salutes fighters in the Maghreb region of northern Africa, "the Islamic state in Mali," Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen and "our brothers and sheikhs in usurped Palestine."

"O Britain, America, Israel and Nigeria: Don't think that jihad stops with the death of imams," Shekau says, according to SITE. "Because imams are individuals. Jihad started now, jihad started now, O enemies of Allah."

He adds "don't you see and think how many sheikhs and men were martyred, like Sheikh Abdullah Azzam, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, Usama bin Laden, Abu Yahya al-Libi, Abu Yusuf Muhammad bin Yusuf al-Nigiri, and others ...

"Did jihad stop?! Did jihad stop?! No...."

According to SITE, the video also shows supposed training of Boko Haram fighters as well as guns and equipment.

Violence linked to Boko Haram's insurgency has left some 3,000 people dead in northern and central Nigeria since 2009, including killings by the security forces.

It claimed responsibility for the bombing of UN headquarters in the Nigerian capital Abuja in August 2011 which left at least 25 people dead.

The group has claimed to be fighting for the creation of an Islamic state in Nigeria, whose 160 million population is roughly divided between a mainly Muslim north and predominately Christian south.

However, its demands have repeatedly shifted and it is believed to include different factions with varying aims, in addition to criminal gangs and imitators who carry out violence under the guise of the group.

Shekau is believed to lead Boko Haram's main Islamist wing.

He and two other Nigerian extremists have been labeled "global terrorists" by the US government. Washington has however so far declined to label Boko Haram a terrorist group due to its domestic focus and nebulous nature, among other factors.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jhFbjEVx178EynTYduTBMMehS-VA?docId=CNG.8bd6ab7ecb8bf4df76476d42d50048b7.3c1
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 30, 2012
Shekau is still alive?
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by EKARO(m): 2:47am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by malele(m): 2:47am On Nov 30, 2012
Islam is indeed a peaceful religon

5 Likes

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Everest9(m): 2:49am On Nov 30, 2012
na their biz
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by 50calibre(m): 2:58am On Nov 30, 2012
This idiot wants to claim global terrorist hahaha! Very funny. Boko haram is an illiterate, hungry group, if they see real iron hand, they will abandon their course even this local champion that is speaking.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by playahP(m): 2:58am On Nov 30, 2012
I thought they said the fool was arrested??.... Omo I tire for naija ooh!!... For real I'm really passionate about this country but the greed is too much! How can one person steal trillions!! While everyother person suffers....this is beyond greed... It is cannibalism!! People guzzle the security funds meant for the country but they hire tonnes of security men to protect them and their families!
Lord why this country??

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by blaqoracle: 4:01am On Nov 30, 2012
50calibre: This idiot wants to claim global terrorist hahaha! Very funny. Boko haram is an illiterate, hungry group, if they see real iron hand, they will abandon their course even this local champion that is speaking.
it is because your father or mother was not affected.
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 30, 2012
I thought this guy's in custody or something??

Na wa o!
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by floriana(m): 4:19am On Nov 30, 2012
Shekau - Another of GEJ's sibling that needs to die fast!
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by jimino(m): 4:19am On Nov 30, 2012
Na GEJ broda, GEJ is d most gutless, weakest presidnt in d world.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by adedayo07: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2012
Birds of the same feather flocks together.
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by omaigala(m): 5:54am On Nov 30, 2012
What kind of spell is mankind under?
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by KINGwax(m): 6:08am On Nov 30, 2012
50calibre: This idiot wants to claim global terrorist hahaha! Very funny. Boko haram is an illiterate, hungry group, if they see real iron hand, they will abandon their course even this local champion that is speaking.
blaqoracle: it is because your father or mother was not affected.
how does your reply to his above comment make any sense?
I dey wonder ni o

9 Likes

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Mathewjoseph: 6:30am On Nov 30, 2012
D end of boko rams is near!

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 30, 2012
why havent boko haram being seen as terrorists by america! what are they waiting for? until they bomb upto a million ppl!!
oh gawd,and why cant jonathan just give them their country for goodness sake! if india as triple as we are can let go of its own extremist ppl, why cant we ! Is it a must that black shld live together,whites dont live together! asians dont live together!! even arabs!! so Bleep this spirit of one nation and help innocent ppl like me and others not to be seen as terrorist ppl too!!

on youtube they will tell u the that terrorism is because someone occupy their land!! pls who is occupying their land here in nigeria maybe their dream infidels! pls can someone divide this country!! oh God! i cant wait for an igbo presidency !! that will be a miracle for this black ppl staying as nigeria because we all go answer our papa name and reach our potential , even those who wants to show how suicidal they can be will get what they want ! nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by achi4u(m): 6:46am On Nov 30, 2012
he want the international boko haram to come to their aid hence nigeria govt refuses to negociate with them...what an animal in human skin
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Mathewjoseph: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2012
@toaskaristy me 2 dey wonder o.na until dem kill pipul finish b4 dem go come label dem terorrist group?
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by bunchyproject(m): 7:04am On Nov 30, 2012
God Have Mercy On Us!
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Ediskcab(m): 7:10am On Nov 30, 2012
Dis is a clear mssg 2 d Nigerian govt nd d int'l community dat while Nigerian soldiers lead d African mission 2 dislodge d islamists in northern mali, BH as an affiliate will up it's strikes nd attacks against Nigerians. I just hope our intelligence/security agencies r prepared 4 dis next level. We'll keep blving in God but as much as possible, i think it's important dat we avoid public gatherings/events, govt buildings, churches, military barracks, pubs etc. as much as possible especially 4rm Kogi nd beyond.
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by jennifer3: 7:11am On Nov 30, 2012
Hello letz chat and share feelings together, lis is good, ping me 2.9.B.C.B.1.5.C. Just remove those dotsHello letz chat and share feelings together, lis is good, ping me 2.9.B.C.B.1.5.C. Just remove those dotsHello letz chat and share feelings together, lis is good, ping me 2.9.B.C.B.1.5.C. Just remove those dots
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by jennifer3: 7:13am On Nov 30, 2012
Hello letz chat and share feelings together, it is good, ping me 2.9.B.C.B.1.5.C. Just remove those dots

Hello letz chat and share feelings together, it is good, ping me 2.9.B.C.B.1.5.C. Just remove those dots

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 30, 2012
Ds chap is indirectly appealing 4 help 4rm world terrorist organisations. D Fed govt has finally cornered them. No wonder they asked 4 negotiation & when d F.G ignored them, they got desperate( attackn Jaji n SARS hqtr)
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by ameer2: 7:19am On Nov 30, 2012
grin grin ;DShekau na him name cry crycry
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 30, 2012
jennifer»:

Who is this animal??
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:28am On Nov 30, 2012
utumunta: Ds chap is indirectly appealing 4 help 4rm world terrorist organisations. D Fed govt has finally cornered them. No wonder they asked 4 negotiation & when d F.G ignored them, they got desperate( attackn Jaji n SARS hqtr)
You are very correct. The man is desperate. Jtf will soon hold him. His forces has been greatly reduced na die e dey. I feel the nigerian Government does not really know what they are doing. There is a simple weapon that they should and can use without bloodshed. It will put confusion in dia midst and decimate boko haram in a matter of months. It is called Propaganda. They are illiterates even in Arabic when they spend all dia lives learning,he no fit speak simple and correct arabic.
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by omenziate(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2012
U fools will all die and meet ur Mentor in hell.
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Mathewjoseph: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2012
D problem we are havng in 9ja 2day is hausa fiful.kai i dey craze!comon english,dem no fit speak.jealousy na im go kill dem.yoruba muslims are more enlightened to this goat frm the north.GOD purnish all of una.
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Series22(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2012
Contries and their capitals
USA - Washinton
Turkey - Ankara
S. Africa - Pretoria
PAKISTAN -

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by swaggrbabe: 8:05am On Nov 30, 2012
[quote author=They are illiterates even in Arabic when they spend all dia lives learning,he no fit speak simple and correct arabic. [/quote]
Lool @ bolded. Very Funny Asiwajunija haha
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by condralbede(m): 8:08am On Nov 30, 2012
blaqoracle: it is because your father or mother was not affected.
And your point is
Re: Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video: by Mathewjoseph: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2012
Anywhere in the world.the northern parts are always the havens 4 hatred,jealousy,envy,crisis,fighting and terrorism.that is the reason y u cant find a single drop of crude oil in their dry and wretched land,hahaha.omo suffer na im b una middle name.u fiful claim 2 knw d quran better,hw i dnt knw!when almost all the top profs and lecterurers teachng islamic studies,in ur northern dry university are yorubas.thank God d super powers of this world are xtian nation.I dnt knw y Jah joined us with dis animals frm the north.mtcheeeew,yeye almajiris.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kashamu Empowers Constituents, Artisans In Ijebu North East, Ikenne And Sagamu / No Corrupt Akwa Ibom Election Petitions Tribunal Member Will Escape Prosecution" / Kidnappers Hijack A School Bus Of 15 Pupils In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.