Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Help.diff/advantages Of/btw Petrol And Diesel Engine Catrs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help.diff/advantages Of/btw Petrol And Diesel Engine Catrs (2938 Views)

Diesel Engine Club, You Welcome / When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol. / How To Convert My Petrol Engine To Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help.diff/advantages Of/btw Petrol And Diesel Engine Catrs by RipVanWink: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2008
ALL THE CAR BUFFS IN THE HOUSE,
pls critically analyse/state the advantages of a petrol engine over the diesel engine and vice versa,
Re: Help.diff/advantages Of/btw Petrol And Diesel Engine Catrs by dpresident(m): 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2008
1. Diesel engine cars get to the top speed faster than petrol engine.

2. Diesel has more energy than petrol, hence the use in lorries and petrol in cars. Though some cars use diesel.

3. Diesel engines do not use spark plug while petrol engine use.

4. Diesel engine is safer in cases of fire than petrol.

Lastly I rest my case 4 others to add or correct grin
Re: Help.diff/advantages Of/btw Petrol And Diesel Engine Catrs by RipVanWink: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2008
still waiting
Re: Help.diff/advantages Of/btw Petrol And Diesel Engine Catrs by fotodaddy: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
dpresident:

1. Diesel engine cars get to the top speed faster than petrol engine.

2. Diesel has more energy than petrol, hence the use in lorries and petrol in cars. Though some cars use diesel.

3. Diesel engines do not use spark plug while petrol engine use.

4. Diesel engine is safer in cases of fire than petrol.

Lastly I rest my case 4 others to add or correct grin

Oga, I beg no vex but this side no be the side over which you be president!!! grin grin grin

Ol boy go to www.howstuffworks.com and do your research

(1) (Reply)

Engine Oil Change / Can I Get Lexus RX 350 Around N1.2m / My Car Makes This Loud Noise When I Start The Engine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.