Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Help With Starcomms Configuration - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With Starcomms Configuration (5867 Views)

Htc G2 T-mobile Internet Manual Configuration Settings (etisalat) / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Starcomms Configuration by joeb1(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2008
@infobaa, honsule, drebie, dragnet etc
please can anybody help me with the starcomms configuration, i need it urgently. my email is bigjoex2@yahoo.com or you can post it on this thread. thank u
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by orisplay(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2008
username=1yourstarcommsphonenumber@starcomms.com
password=1yourstarcommsphonenumber

All you need to do is
1. Switch on your laptop/computer
2. insert and install the CD that came along with your starcomms phone
3. Then plug your phone to your laptop through the USB port.
4. Go to control panel->Printers and other hardware->Phone and Modem options->Modem
5. Highlight the LGE CDMA Modem and click on properties.
6. Go to Modem (Select port speed as 115200).
7. Advanced, extra initialization commands type "AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3" without the quotes and Exit
8. Return to control panel and go to Network and internet connections-->Set up or change your internet connection-->Set up.
9. Follow the wizard, setting up your connection manually, dial up connection, and selecting the LG CDMA starcomms moden when prompted.

8. Fill in the remaining options with the following data:

ISP Name: Starcomms
Phone number:#777
username: as above
password: as above

End
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 09, 2008
@ orisplay

He didn't signify which model undecided <Neither did he say it LSP 3000> undecided
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by malikalhaj: 9:31pm On May 11, 2008
Guys, i guess he was talkin about free browsin with starcoms
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by DualCore1: 10:33pm On May 11, 2008
Orisplay let me continue from where u stopped

This tutorial is for those with the Huawei starcomms desk phone.

before starting, do not connecting the phone to the computer, u'll do that during the process

Configuring starcomms is in two phases, first phase is installing your phone modem, second is setting up a dial up connection with the installed modem.

Phase 1
1. Switch on your laptop/computer (but ofcourse u should know that, lol)
2. insert and install the CD that came along with your starcomms phone
3. view the contents of the CD

4. Open the folder Setup and run the setup file in it, the file to run is highlighted in the image below

5. After double clicking the setup.exe file, this should come up

choose your language and click ok,

6. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard and when asked to connect the phone to the computer, connect the usb cable then u'll get a prompt telling u that a new hardware has been found, follow the process to install the drivers for this (i will assume u already know how to install drivers on a pc, if u don't, google is your friend) once done installing two drivers for the phone modem, the installation contines just "Next" your way through it and at the end click Finish.

that's the end of phase one. phase two is creating a dial up connection, here are the settings needed (i'll assume u already know how to create a dial up connection, if u don't, google is your friend). just make sure u choose the option to set it up manually not by CD provided by ISP.

in this case lets assume the number of the phone is 01-123456
ISP name: Starcomms
Phone Number: #777
Username: 1123456@starcomms.com
Password: 1123456

please note that for username and password, i removed the 0 that starts the number, that's how it should be.

after doing all that u'll presented with a dial up connetion screen, just click on dial, if u did everything well u'll be connected.
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by hayprof(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2008
. . .perfect tutorial . . wink
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by malikalhaj: 11:52pm On May 11, 2008
It's still not free
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by engrshina: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2008
good job
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by pcomms: 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2008
Please I need help with my LG LSP 3000 CDMA PHONE for Multilinks
I need the modem Driver (serial Cable)

Someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THX
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by nelojay: 12:51am On Oct 24, 2009
pls doesit work with window vista
Re: Help With Starcomms Configuration by Elgaxton(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2012
My starcomms modem does not open or show amongst the least of drives, it only shows as removavle drive but when u click it says insert drive or something like that. Someone please help, I'm using windows 7.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Must Be Crazy For Creating This 'unlimited Plan' / Airtel 350 Naira For 1gb New Code / 5 Reasons You Should Switch From Android To Ios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.