Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Oyo Bulldozers Demolish Celestial Church, Arrests Evangelist & Church Members. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Bulldozers Demolish Celestial Church, Arrests Evangelist & Church Members. (823 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Obasanjo & Founder Of Celestial Church Oshoffa Sharing A Meal (Throwback) / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oyo Bulldozers Demolish Celestial Church, Arrests Evangelist & Church Members. by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2012
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=76049

The ongoing demolition of structures embarked upon by Oyo State government, as part of its beautification exercise, took another dimension yesterday, as government bulldozers demolished Celestial Church of Christ, Onala Parish along Mokola-Sango Road, Ibadan.

The demolition of the church was done against an earlier court injunction. The bulldozers and government officials’ government that accompanied it had arrived the church premises around 10a.m while defying all entreaties by the Shepherd in charge, Evangelist Kolawole Olakanmi and other senior members of the Church.

Olakanmi, who, alongside nine other members of the Church, were later arrested and taken to the Secretariat Police Station, while speaking to newsmen said: “I showed them the copy of the court injunction, but their leader told me that the order was from the governor. “He even told me that the order of the governor supercedes any court injunction and in the process, I was ordered to be taken into their vehicle, locked up before my other members were arrested and brought here without any charge.”

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Orders Probe Of N2billion Renovation Fund For Police Colleges / I Did Not Introduce SAP — Falae / How Robbers Molested 35-year-old In Husband’s Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.