Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? (12474 Views)

See What An Unsatisfied Boyfriend Did To His Girl (Picture) / Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos / Women Want Partners Who Are 8in Taller Than Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by didara86(f): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
What do u think about this topic? Could you, as a man, cope with the fact that your girl is taller than yourself? and on the other hand, could u girls ever fall in love with a guy that has less height than you? Am just curious, also about the consequences for the relationship. Does there exist any consequences or doesn't it matter? Just wanna know your opinion

thanks
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by FactorChic(f): 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2008
I can still date him if he's d same height as me, I can always wear flat shoes, but if I have to look down on him, hmm NO, we all have our standards, abi wetin I talk?! cool
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Busta(f): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
No can’t do . . . can’t date someone shorter than me. Weird too cos I wear only heels.
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by didara86(f): 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hmmmm. That's honestly not what i wanted to hear! grin

i must confess i also never thought i could cope with a smaller guy---- up to now grin

It was a blind date, nah, i got to know him online and we finally met this weekend. He's daaaaaaaaaamn cute but i was kinda shocked when i saw him coming around the corner and had to realise that he was at least 5cm smaller than me (at least!). embarassed
Now i'm wondering if that should/could be a problem.
Am experiencing this the first time for all my life right now. Though i'm quite tall (1,77m) it never happenend that i dated someone smaller than myself.
Everyday a new experience.
Thanks for ur opinion smiley
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by tommyex(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
I dont lyk 2 date a taller grl,But u tall so i dont fink dats bad.

Guys should be taller though,it make them seem lyk THE MAN cool
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by didara86(f): 12:29am On Feb 12, 2008
Ya, that's my worry as well--- this BEING THE MAN thing
And i definately WANT a real MAN! grin

Never knew it could be that difficult undecided
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by almondjoy(f): 12:32am On Feb 12, 2008
If he was "Prince" the music mugul--I would have no problems with it. If it were like the "Aki and Paw Paw" kind---ooooooooooooooooooooooooh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Sirop(f): 12:53am On Feb 12, 2008
It is nice but if he is wonderful in everything else then him being short should be fine.
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by uspry1(f): 5:19am On Feb 12, 2008
My sister is taller than her boyfriend at least 2 inches or 1 foot difference.

I don't mind to date a guy who is only slight shorter than me!
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 12, 2008
@post
of course he has to be taller, not even the same height. . .man, can't be with someone that i can see the top of their head while standing side by side, no can do lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Texcee(f): 5:24am On Feb 12, 2008
uspry1:

My sister is taller than her boyfriend at least 2 inches or 1 foot difference.

[s]Well, your sister's case is different. Unlike other women, your sister has no choice
but to settle for whatever man comes her way[/s]
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Dreloaded(f): 5:27am On Feb 12, 2008
What the hell

where did you get that from, Texcee?
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 12, 2008
D-reloaded:

What the hell

where did you get that from, Texcee?

i was thinking the same. . .

@texcee
damn!!! wetin the girl do to you?
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by uspry1(f): 5:42am On Feb 12, 2008
Texcee:

Well, your sister's case is different. Unlike other women, your sister has no choice
but to settle for whatever man comes her way

@Texcee

You got all wrong. My sister mostly like to date shorter guys that i have noticed her in the past except one was her ex-husband was taller than her. All her ex-bfs were mostly shorter than my sister. angry

I prefer with guy that has same height or slight short guy as mine.
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Texcee(f): 5:45am On Feb 12, 2008
uspry1:

@Texcee

You got all wrong. My sister mostly like to date shorter guys that i have noticed her in the past except one was her ex-husband was taller than her. All her ex-bfs were mostly shorter than my sister. angry

I prefer with guy that has same height or slight short guy as mine.
@uspry 1

[s]Oh please, What woman prefers a man that is shorter than her [/s] undecided  [s]That's why I mentioned earlier that your sister
just has to settle for any man that comes her way.[/s]
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by TheSly: 5:53am On Feb 12, 2008
ohh good gosh! angry angry angry angry

i have said it like 50times before that i don't care about the looks cheesy, height cheesy, be it tall or short, who cares cheesy but i guess by now y'all know what i care about tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 12, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

cheesy but i guess by now y'all know what i care about tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue that thing under the skirt

@Sly
Perve lipsrsealed i know you'll probably want modify your post now angry
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Texcee(f): 6:07am On Feb 12, 2008
@uspry 1

Please I didn't mean to offend you,  I take back what I said earlier about your sister.

My apologies kiss
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by cooldude62(m): 6:13am On Feb 12, 2008
i think the guy should be taller,but if the gurl is very tall(more than average) she can be a bit taller then.

@texce,you can change your posts, i think thats better than saying sorry,dont f**k with uspry,she's ma baby aiight?

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Texcee(f): 6:16am On Feb 12, 2008
cooldude62:

@texce,you can change your posts, i think thats better than saying sorry[b],don't f**k with uspry,she's ma baby aiight?[/b]

Weakest come on line ever  grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by TheSly: 6:29am On Feb 12, 2008
morenike09:

@Sly
Perve lipsrsealed i know you'll probably want modify your post now angry

im no perv gurl. . .its called agape love. . . .

love thy neighbour as thy self. . . .thats what the bible says cool

regardless of the looks.height .e.t.c as long as she has wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy hope u know what i mean tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by tkb417(m): 7:02am On Feb 12, 2008
same height or almost sha will be perfect me.
im tall and i'll prefer tall gurls.

Thats not the ultimate sha. The ultimate is the TLC part, norrin more
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2008
I seriously believe a guy should be taller than his beau! I'm a tall guy myself and never dated a taller girl.
Even the tall ones end up being a bit shorter than me.
I like it that way! Height matters! cheesy
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by tkb417(m): 7:43am On Feb 12, 2008
I seriously believe a guy should be taller than his beau! I'm a tall guy myself and never dated a taller girl.
Even the tall ones end up being a bit shorter than me.
I like it that way! Height matters
well said. .
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by ayeesha: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2008
we should atleast be of the same height.

i`m sure i will burst out laughing each time i have to stoop to kiss him

or when trying to do the do, feeling his feet rubbing my knees instead of my feet * i luv twinning my feet with my man`s while doing*
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 12, 2008
cooldude62:

i think the guy should be taller,but if the girl is very tall(more than average) she can be a bit taller then.

@texce,you can change your posts, i think thats better than saying sorry,don't f**k with uspry,she's ma baby aiight?

really, this is weak. try again.

Texcee:

[s]Well, your sister's case is different. Unlike other women, your sister has no choice
but to settle for whatever man comes her way[/s]

whooooooooooooooooo! i wasnt expecting this.
im wondering y uspry isnt fighting back. she'd normally come out with her claws.

well, i believe all girls would prefer taller guys but would settle with someone that ticks every other box
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by opokonwa(m): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2008
Though it is a + for a man who is a bit taller than the babe.
It helps for the ego (of the man) and the showmanship from the girl. wink

It is certainly not a - for a man to be shorter.
Life and looks afterall is not about perfection.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by didara86(f): 11:56am On Feb 12, 2008
Do you think the guy's self-confidence would suffer from the fact that his girl is taller?
I'm not really sure, cos as i said, i never experienced such a situation before.
He's a very nice guy and apart from his height he seems to be perfect and he also doesn't really care about the height thingy. I'm just worried, that if the time of being in love, with butterflies in the belly and heart rush are over and it becomes more serious, it might be a problem.
As for me it's really a bit funny to look down on him cos it's a strange situation, very new of course.
Does it look funny to u, when u see couples on the streets where the woman is taller or don't u even realise it? I think it's quite conspicuous.

At least i'm happy that i'm slim cos if i was even taller AND more heavy than him, i would really feel bad. . . . Maybe i should just wait what the time brings and i guess i would really feel miserable if i don't give it a try at least.
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Ralvy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2008
MEHN . . . I cant. . .
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by opokonwa(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2008
didara86:

Do you think the guy's self-confidence would suffer from the fact that his girl is taller?
I'm not really sure, because as i said, i never experienced such a situation before.
He's a very nice guy and apart from his height he seems to be perfect and he also doesn't really care about the height thingy. I'm just worried, that if the time of being in love, with butterflies in the belly and heart rush are over and it becomes more serious, it might be a problem.
As for me it's really a bit funny to look down on him because it's a strange situation, very new of course.
Does it look funny to u, when u see couples on the streets where the woman is taller or don't u even realise it? I think it's quite conspicuous.

At least i'm happy that i'm slim because if i was even taller AND more heavy than him, i would really feel bad. . . . Maybe i should just wait what the time brings and i guess i would really feel miserable if i don't give it a try at least.

From your post, the guy does not have a problem with the height difference.
The concerned party is you.
So you have to deal with whether you will still like him (when the butterflies have disappeared from your stomach) or not.
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by Bestglo(f): 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2008
ayeesha:

i`m sure i will burst out laughing each time i have to stoop to kiss him

LOL
@ topic
a guy should be taller than the babe or at worst,same height
Re: Should A Man Be Taller Than His Girl? by didara86(f): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ OPOKONWA

Ya, maybe you're right and i worry too much. That's why i said i'll will see what future brings. What could happen? At least i can say i didn't miss anything then. Am optimistic but still wanted to know your opinion about the height thingy.

Why did God give me these long legs? Nah, am happy for what i am cool
Life is destiny, whatever might happen, it's good

Have a nice evening

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seriously! Does That Make Us Bad Girls? / 4 frivolous Reasons Why Guys Should Stop Reverse Cowgirl Style / Have U Ever Bleep Ur Cousin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.