Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant (11590 Views)

Anita Asianya Wins Miss University Nigeria World 2015 / Miss University Nigeria Contestants - Traditional Attire (Pictures) / Miss University Nigeria 2013 Contestants(Raw Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by ijebabe: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Miss Winfrey Okolo, a student of the University of Benin, has won the 2012 Miss University Nigeria (MUN) beauty pageant.

Okolo emerged the winner by beating 48 other contestants in Abuja on Friday night 30 November.

The beauty queen received a star prize of a Nissan Sony car and one million naira.

In an interview after her installation, Okolo said that the event marked her first participation at a beauty contest, thanking God for enabling her to excel at the competition.

She, however, pledged to make good use of her position to affect the lives of Nigerian youths.

I will try to stimulate a change in the Nigerian university system; I will endeavour to promote modesty, hard work and a lot of things that will bring out the students’ confidence", Okolo said.

NAN reports that the competition was a “no-bikini pageant’’ that was particularly aimed at promoting the African culture and discouraging indecent dressing among the youth.

Mr Taylor Nazzal, the President of MUN Organisation, said that he was happy to touch the lives of many young Nigerians.

We can always inspire women out there to be better leaders of tomorrow. They are all potential wives and if you groom them well, you’ve succeeded in grooming the men and the whole world", he said.

Nazzal said that the new beauty queen would be Nigeria’s student ambassador to the United Nations (UN), adding that she would also be engaged to carry out charity assignments.

He also noted that Okolo would represent Nigeria at the Miss University Africa pageant involving 53 countries in South Africa and the Miss United Nations pageant in New York next year.

In her remark, the FCT Minister of State, Mrs Olajumoke Akinjide, said that the pageant was also promoting the government’s vision for the youth.

The minister, who was represented by Dr Geoffrey Chukwuemeka, a Director in FCT Administration (FCTA), noted that the beauty contest also created an avenue for the contestants to exhibit their talents because it was not about beauty alone.

Akinjide said that the pageant also reinforced the FCTA’s goal of promoting national unity and peace.

It also supports our plans aimed at discovering the potential of our female youth, protection of our female youth and discouragement of indecent dressing, prostitution and other social vices among young ladies", she said.

The `non-bikini’ beauty pageant began in 2007 and its 2011 edition was won by Miss Temitope Olowoniyan of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria. (NAN)

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/01/okolo-wins-miss-university-nigeria-pageant/

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by dominique(f): 9:08am On Dec 02, 2012
She's real preety no homo

#waiting for bad belle peeps to come and tear her apart#

1 Like

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by dayesteem: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dats awesome lucky her
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by ayobase(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
She is pretty for sure....and Im sure inside as well!

1 Like

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2012
I will be posting the event pictures in subsequent days...STAY TUNED

Here are all the contestants https://www.nairaland.com/1098441/miss-university-nigeria-2012-contestants
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by nairalady(f): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2012
nice 1..congratz kiss
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by RedLight1: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2012
i still prefer her than our current miss nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by tinuolababy(f): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2012
kiss
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2012
She's worth it..pretty indeed
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Bobbystanley(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2012
Wow...what a beauty Goddess.
She is a miss world material...Gosh,i need to meet dis babe.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2012
Bobbystanley: Wow...what a beauty Goddess.
She is a miss world material...Gosh,i need to meet dis babe.

Miss world for where? She's cute though, don't just overrate her beauty.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Gee001: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2012
I'm impressed. Cngrtz n i pray u make Nigeria proud in d nxt contest
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Whobedatte(m): 10:48am On Dec 03, 2012
Good one for her, BUT when will we be having National contests in Science, Mathematics, and Physics? This is where true development is as a nation . How has numerous beauty contests added to our GDP, or made us a technologically advanced nation? India, China ,Japan Finland are encouraging their brightest minds thru Innovations &Tech ad has paid off for them, #Just wondering!!!sadsad

16 Likes

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Bobbystanley(m): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Miss world for where? She's cute though, don't just overrate her beauty.

but this girl is more beautiful than agbani Darego.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by omenziate(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2012
Whobedatte: Good one for her, BUT when will we be having National contests in Science, Mathematics, and Physics? This is where true development is as a nation . How has numerous beauty contests added to our GDP, or made us a technologically advanced nation? India, China ,Japan Finland are encouraging their brightest minds thru Innovations &Tech ad has paid off for them, #Just wondering!!!sadsad

As in ehn, all dis nonsense miss lux, lacasera and pronto don tire person, it is becoming too much. I miss d days of Jet competition. What happened to dat Airtel sponsored program which involved several universities in Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by andyanders: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2012
I think for the first time, they got this one right. She is better than most of the past winners. Let her keep in shape rather than eating fufu and she will become obsessed.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by victorD3: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2012
My Ex grin

1 Like

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:57am On Dec 03, 2012
Bobbystanley:

but this girl is more beautiful than agbani Darego.

Ok, i kinda agree but it takes more than beauty to be miss world o.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by ektbear: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2012
definitely fly.

The competition was a “no-bikini pageant’’ that was particularly aimed at promoting the African culture and discouraging indecent dressing among the youth.
Lammmmmme
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by 3direct: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2012
Shes not too pretty smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2012
Nice. UNIBEN has the best looking girls smiley

1 Like

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by seyibrown(f): 11:14am On Dec 03, 2012
She is gorgeous!
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by NessaFresh(f): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2012
dominique: She's real preety no homo

She's really pretty..#YesHomo
Infact I want her as a mate
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:28am On Dec 03, 2012
NessaFresh:

Les Alert! shocked
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by ozodigboo(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2012
Thank God nobody has commented so far that she is IGBO.

Otherwise this thread would have exploded by now.

Igbo girls are beautiful !

2 Likes

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by atuboweke(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2012
No argument about the beauty of the IGBO girls!! Naturally Endowed.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2012
Her nose is too big and too much make-up on her face. I'm yet to c a true Nigerian beauty without make-up and all those sh*ts they put on their faces. She's just average. Like a typical pretty covenant Uni babe.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by slimyem: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
This babe's just there jor!!
NL babes are prettier!!cheesygringrin
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by DonaldGenes(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
dominique: She's real preety no homo

Hahhahahahahhahahahahhaahahahaha
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by awesome9ja: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jobless freak. No go look 4 work.
Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by nex(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
GREATEST UNIBEN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant by RedLight1: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
NessaFresh:

u wanna lick her p55y juice cool... please lemme be there when u wanna do that

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! Is My Zara A Fake? / Ugly and intelligent or beautiful and stupid? / Best Nairaland Tattoos If You Get Am Show Am Jor...(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.