Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:51 PM

*~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! (4496 Views)

FIFA'S Top 12 Football Moments Of 2012 / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted 'Sexiest' Athlete Of 2012 / Pictures Of 2012 London Olympics-Closing Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

*~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
The Year-end is here again and as it is a traditional on Nairaland, we are opening nomination for this year edition. 2009 edition was won by rasputinn, 2010 was won by Medjai and 2011 was won by Mauritimon, who will take the golden crown in 2012?

Rules:
1, Only 1 nomination per user
2, A nominee MUST be a law abiding Nairalander, not a troll or a trouble-maker (someone that has never been banned)
3, Moderator cannot be nominated in his/her section but may be nominated in other sections
4, Nominee must be active in the section
5, Nomination takes 1 week, voting takes 2 weeks and by the end of December we should have the winners.
6, Unfortunately, we do not have poll options anymore, so we will have to make do with manual counting
7, Where there is tie, the mod reserves the right to either choose one or extend the nomination/voting by 24 hours

NOMINATION ends on December 08 2012
VOTING starts December 09 2012 (after top 3 nominees with the highest number of nominations have been picked) and ends December 24th where the winner will be announced
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
Its that time of the year again and nomination is now opened.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2012
I nominate myself cool
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by ujchief(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2012
Btw, I dont understand the rule #2. Why should a previous ban prevent someone from being nominated? We're not unaware of mods using their 'omnipotent' status to witch-hunt users.
Unless u're looking for a puppet candidate, that rule should be re-visited.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2012
ujchief: Btw, I dont understand the rule #2. Why should a previous ban prevent someone from being nominated? We're not unaware of mods using their 'omnipotent' status to witch-hunt users.
Unless u're looking for a puppet candidate, that rule should be re-visited.

Have you been banned before? if not, then fret not, unless you were banned by the bot, anything else stays.
FYI, i didn't make the rules and nothing like puppet candidate as you indicated.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2012
Still opened for nomination. where are all the active sports posters?
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2012
Nateevs
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2012
El Guapo: Nateevs
Voided, not an active poster on this board.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2012
CFCfan: I nominate myself cool

Noted!
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2012
honeric01:

Noted!

Are there Standards On this Section? Like not Voting for a Mate who's been banned on several Occasions Or who's got a Dirty Reputation? We actually had such Standards at Jokes Section

Am On this Question cos Coogar aint worth Called a Poster -- that Carpobrotus rossii Jxt Loves to Abuse Himself on every Thread
cool
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by gendebs(m): 11:24am On Dec 03, 2012
i nominate myself
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2012
El Guapo:

Are there Standards On this Section? Like not Voting for a Mate who's been banned on several Occasions Or who's got a Dirty Reputation? We actually had such Standards at Jokes Section

Am On this Question cos Coogar aint worth Called a Poster -- that Carpobrotus rossii Jxt Loves to Abuse Himself on every Thread
cool

If you read the rules, you'd find answers to your questions.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2012
gendebs: i nominate myself

Only active posters on the sports board can be nominated.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
I nominate CFCfan
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
semid4lyfe: I nominate CFCfan
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hope some peeps know the General Sports Section is different from the European Football Section
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
semid4lyfe: Hope some peeps know the General Sports Section is different from the European Football Section

I doubt.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
honeric01:

I doubt.

In that case, El Guapo's nomination of Nateevs should be declared null and void cos Nateevs is NOT a regular poster in the GENERAL Sports Section BUT the European Football Section. Hell, he doesn't even post in this section sad

I have gone through 21 pages (as far back as late June) of his profile posts and none is in this section. ALL are in the European Football Section.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
semid4lyfe:

In that case, El Guapo's nomination of Nateevs should be declared null and void cos Nateevs is NOT a regular poster in the GENERAL Sports Section BUT the European Football Section. Hell, he doesn't even post in this section sad

I have gone through 21 pages (as far back as late June) of his profile posts and none is in this section. ALL are in the European Football Section.

ok, noted!
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by debosky(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
semid4lyfe: Hope some peeps know the General Sports Section is different from the European Football Section

The question is whether there will be different polls for both General Sports and European Football - if not, then even those that exclusively post in a subset of Sports should be permitted as nominees.

As far as I'm aware,European Football is not a different section, it is merely a subset of 'General' Sports. It is unrealistic to try to separate them. If you do that then what next? Poster must have posted on 5 different sports before being nominated?
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
debosky:

The question is whether there will be different polls for both General Sports and European Football - if not, then even those that exclusively post in a subset of Sports should be permitted as nominees.

As far as I'm aware, European Football is not a different section, it is merely a subset of 'General' Sports. It is unrealistic to try to separate them. If you do that then what next? Poster must have posted on 5 different sports before being nominated?

Oh dear, headache. . .ori tin fo mi.

I'll let my co-mod reply you on this one. Meanwhile, how madam and the kid?
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
debosky:

As far as I'm aware,European Football is not a different section, it is merely a subset of 'General' Sports. It is unrealistic to try to separate them. If you do that then what next? Poster must have posted on 5 different sports before being nominated?

European football section is different from general sports section and both's got different mods too.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by mystikal(m): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Isnt European football part of general sports.

In my opinion anyway, best sports poster should be one who is conversant with other sports, football, tennis, formula 1, basketball, NFL, etc. just saying.

will make my nomination soon.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
mystikal: Isnt European football part of general sports.

In my opinion anyway, best sports poster should be one who is conversant with other sports, football, tennis, formula 1, basketball, NFL, etc. just saying.

will make my nomination soon.

On this forum, European football is another section on its own and has its mods too while the general sports (l.e football, tennis, formula 1, basketball, NFL, etc.) is another board on its own with its mods too.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by mystikal(m): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
so we are voting for just general sports posters? exclusive European Sport posters not welcomed?
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
CFCfan is it for me

1 Like

Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by semid4lyfe(m): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2012
debosky:

As far as I'm aware, European Football is not a different section, it is merely a subset of 'General' Sports. It is unrealistic to try to separate them. If you do that then what next? Poster must have posted on 5 different sports before being nominated?

mystikal: so we are voting for just general sports posters? exclusive European Sport posters not welcomed?

Thread for European Football section: Official European Football/EPL/UEFA/Int'l Club Footie Poster Of The Year 2012

All you European Footie addicts can go nominate/vote there.

Meanwhile, look around and nominate posters deserving of the best poster award in this General Sports Section too.
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 11:29am On Dec 04, 2012
Jarus: CFCfan is it for me
Noted!
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by honeric01(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2012
[b]Mauritimon [/b]for me, for his love for Nigerian players and the national team at large.

noted!
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by debosky(m): 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Oh dear, headache. . .ori tin fo mi.

I'll let my co-mod reply you on this one. Meanwhile, how madam and the kid?

Dem dey jare. . . .I suppose still buzz you for YIM.

semid4lyfe:

Thread for European Football section: Official European Football/EPL/UEFA/Int'l Club Footie Poster Of The Year 2012

All you European Footie addicts can go nominate/vote there.

Meanwhile, look around and nominate posters deserving of the best poster award in this General Sports Section too.

Noted!
Re: *~ A40 Voted Sports Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations! by dominique(f): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
CFCfan abeg, His topics and comments always stand out. sports section has been a bit dry this year sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Steady Cash With My {double Chance Tips {1X 12 X2} / Best European Country For An African To Start A Football Career? / Eto'o Banned For 15-matches By Cameroun Over Player's Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.