Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit (30856 Views)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Nigerian Girl Dies In Thailand After Buttock Surgery Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by KayDee4: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
This is sad !!

Hospitals asking for deposit before treating sick patients and for police report before treating emergency gunshot wounds, has led to the death of many. I understand it is for fear of not being able to recover their money or getting arrested but I wonder if the doctors ever discuss these problems when they meet (I believe they have a professional association).

These are issues the Doctors' association should table before the President and lawmakers, there has to be a way/procedure put in place to ensure that hospitals can treat emergency cases without 'stupid' requirements and not risk losing money or going to jail. I know that if government decides to pay all unpaid emergency bills, the privilege will be abused but this is what those f0olish senators and lawmakers should be working out instead of sitting in Abuja all year fighting over who stole what money.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by enkoby: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
acidosis™:
Sad news... disgusting & heartbreaking.. In fact, I don't know how to insult these people...omg

But lets not forget something here, hospital/clinic is a business... the sole aim of a business is to make money. Its not easy to run a business out of pity (even seun osewa cannot give me a free space to place my advert). They might have faced alot of losses.
However, this particular incidence is a broad day murder, atleast the husband was able to pay something. There are times you have to change the rules just to a save a life.. Thats the purpose of our existence btw..

I got this on page 6

Sometimes its better to say the truth..

Pls dont compare a life threatening situation to seun's nairaland advert.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by armadeo(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2012
enkoby:

Pls dont compare a life threatening situation to seun's nairaland advert.

Y not. One mans beans is another mans poo. Am actually sad someone died but the only part of this story is the dead wommans part let's hear from the hospital b4. Passing judgement.
Now I believe that a private clinic is a pay as u go sort of thing if u can't pay don't go there they are lots of govt. Clinics dotting the landscape.

Really how many of u would find it funny if ur employer says I can't pay u cos ppl are owing us do u think of the ripple eFfect. What do u tell ur child while he stares @ u with huingerfilled eyes or ur landlord wen he knocks. Ppl sholud be ready to pay 4 service. Many here are shouting save life first what makes ur life his priority. Cos of an oath. He. Said pay if u can't bounce.

RIP dear woman. Though

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by adabeke12(f): 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
the hospital professionals and their first born should be kidnapped and allowed to DIE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper / Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. / Testimonies Of A 100% Herbal Tea That Cures Premature Expulsion and E.D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.