Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up (2231 Views)

How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data / Help: How Do I Stop "Bannersdontwork" Window From Popping Up In My Browser / Please I Need Help, My Wireless Is Not Popping Up On Click (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2006
hey y'all , i got a problem. Wheni want to type stuffs on google to search, previous searches always come up For instance i want to search for "Hollywood", when i type "H", all previous searches like
"how to cook"
"How to write essays" all come up , so i want to get risd of all those things showing up. It might be due to the programming n i don't know how to re-program it. I will appericiate it if anybody can help cos i know we have many computer geeks in here grin
Thanks ya'll
Re: How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up by Ynot(m): 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2006
I assume this comes up on google site search and you don't mean google toolbar. If so, then you have autocomplete turned on.

Here is what you need to do: In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu --> then on Internet Options --> then on the Content tab --> click on the AutoComplete --> Hit the Clear Forms button. And thats it.

You can also uncheck : web address, forms and user name and password, etc to completely stop autocomplete.

If on the other hand you meant google toolbar, just click on google icon on the explorer and click 'clear search history'. Better yet, click option and set you preference.

Hope this solves your problem.
Re: How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2006
thanks a lot Ynot . It really helped. Glad wwe have people like u in here
Re: How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up by Seun(m): 11:00pm On May 02, 2006
You don't want other people to see your special searches, eh?
Re: How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 10, 2006
cos i want to keep it a secret lipsrsealed
Re: How To Prevent Previous Google Searches From Popping Up by tishbite(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2006
Ynot, thanks for that tip i helps me too

(1) (Reply)

My Toshiba Laptop Can't Play Music With Media Player 9, 10, 11 / Fairly Used HP Pavilion X360 For Sale / Fairly Used Laptop Wanted: 8gb Ram, 500gb, Core I5/i7 Backlit Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.