Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site (9751 Views)

Is Psquare’s Breakup A Publicity Stunt? / Funny Pictures Of Ghanain Actor John Dumelo Dressed As A Woman / Van Vicker Is He Liberian Or Ghanain Or Dutch: Or Hes Not Pride Of Liberian Peo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
I am not trying to underrate Psqaure, infact I am glad this is happening in my lifetime.

Not long ago the best and richest African musicians are from Southern Africa, we all know the likes of Lucky Dube, Brenda, Chaka Chaka etc.

I am aware many of our musicians used to be poor and we used to blame pirates, bad government policies etc for their woes. But suddenly, within the last 5 years or thereabout, Nigerian musicians are now a force to recon with in Africa and beyond. The likes of Psquare, Dbanj, Wizkid, Flavour, Davido are doing us proud all over Africa. Many Ghanians and Liberians I know use Psquare songs as their ringing tone.

Psquare performed in Ghana last night at the Malta Guinness sponsored “Top of the World Celebration” Concert. R2bees and Sakordie were also supposed to perform alongside Psquare but R2bees and Sakordie threatened to back out if the show promoter does not pay them $20,000 each. This is because Ghanaian insiders confided in them that Malta Guinness was paying Psquare US$300,000. Now I want to know, when did our musicians become so good that they charge up to 300k to perform in a show? Again, I am not jealous and I like this if its true. After-all, Lil Wayne of America makes 50 million US Dollars yearly for singing crap. I wish and hope I will be alive when our musicians like Wizkid will be making up to 20 million dollars yearly. CONGRATS TO PSQUARE and all them 9ja musicians making us proud...

Here is link to the story i was talking about: http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=258027&comment=0#com
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
lol nope!! Na hype! But they get paid really good.
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
This OP, I doubt you can tie your shoelace.

This aint the celebrity section.

1 Like

Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by geez1: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LWKMD!!!

Or entertainment
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 6:09am On Dec 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

This bloated open air shitttting pig, if you can tie your own shoe lace you wouldn't be washing toilets in America?
At your age you should be married with children. But no one wants you because you are a psychedelic biitch.
I have seen most of your post on nairaland, all you do is scan all internet pages and trash talk anything that has to do with Igboland & Eastern Nigeria.
Before you know it you will be 45 years old, and you will start blaming witches or innocent people in your village. The time to act is now, there is life after nairaland. QUIT BITCHINGGG AROUND AND GO GET YOURSELF A GOOD HUSBAND...

6 Likes

Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2012
Guy, where did you get this gist? P Square are fast becoming notorious for over-hyping themselves and telling blatant lies to boost their status. . .it's becoming an embarrassing farce.

I don't have the details, but it is impossible to pay P Square $300k for a single show. The most they can get from extremely generous promoters is between $70-$100k, and that would be once in a while. How much do you think the likes of Rick Ross (bona fide Internationally acclaimed super stars) were paid when they came here? I read somewhere that Nicki Minaj would be in Calabar this December for $250k (although I think it has to be more than that).
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by yuzedo: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2012
pro01: Guy, where did you get this gist? P Square are fast becoming notorious for over-hyping themselves and telling blatant lies to boost their status. . .it's becoming an embarrassing farce.

I don't have the details, but it is impossible to pay P Square $300k for a single show. The most they can get from extremely generous promoters is between $70-$100k, and that would be once in a while. How much do you think the likes of Rick Ross (bona fide Internationally acclaimed super stars) were paid when they came here? I read somewhere that Nicki Minaj would be in Calabar this December for $250k (although I think it has to be more than that).

Pro-nwanne, I hate it when you always speak my exact mind! angry
Even Jay-Z collects about $200k-$300k for a show. E come be P-squaar (in mr. Cork voice).. Hian! Ask yourself, since Malta Guiness started selling malt in dis life, have they made $300k profit that they want to dash those Ibo boys? grin abeg make dem go rest jare, they probably added a zero to the figure.
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2012
yuzedo:

Even Jay-Z collects about $200k-$300k for a show. E come be P-squaar (in mr. Cork voice).. Hian! Ask yourself, since Malta Guiness started selling malt in dis life, have they made $300k profit that they want to dash those Ibo boys? grin abeg make dem go rest jare, they probably added a zero to the figure.

Lol. My brother, no vex for the matter. But for real, these P Square guys dey make me vex sometimes with the outright lies they sell in the name of 'hype'. The boys are great and I'm proud of their hard work and success, but all these silly lies are just ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2012
pro01:

Lol. My brother, no vex for the matter. But for real, these P Square guys dey make me vex sometimes with the outright lies they sell in the name of 'hype'. The boys are great and I'm proud of their hard work and success, but all these silly lies are just ridiculous.

You guys make me laugh. YOU CLAIM PSQUARE HAS BEEN SPREADING LIES TO BOAST THEIR STATUS OR WHATEVER?? WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE OR YOU JUST OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND START TALKING RUBBISH? AT LEAST WHEN YOU SAY SOMEONE HAS BEEN SPREADING LIES, YOU GIVE ONE OR 2 REASONS OR EVIDENCE.

I MADE THIS POST FROM WHAT I READ ON A GHANA WEBSITE AND I PROVIDED THE LINK TO THE SITE. PSQUARE DID NOT GO GO GHANA TO TELL PEOPLE HOW MUCH THEY WERE PAID, THE GHANAIAN INSIDERS THAT WORK AT MALTA GUINNESS STARTED SPREADING THAT NEWS AND TOLD THE GHANAIAN MUSICIANS TO START DEMANDING FOR MORE MONEY FROM MALTA GUINESS.

I THINK YOU ARE DUMBER THAN DUMB TO SAY MALTA GUINNESS DOES NOT MAKE 300K PROFIT. HOW MUCH PROFIT DOES SMALL BUSINESSES MAKE PER YEAR WHAT MORE A GLOBAL CONGLOMERATE? ARE YOU NUTS?

THE OTHER TOUT SAID HOW CAN MALTA GUINNESS PAY 300K TO THOSE IGBO BOYS SO THEY ARE NOT WORTH 300K USD SIMPLY BC THEY ARE IGBO BOYS UNLESS THEY ARE Yoruba NO WONDER AFRICAN FOOTBALLERS ARE NOT PAID WELL, JUST BC THEY ARE BLACK. NO WONDER WE ARE WHERE WE ARE.

I KNOW MOST OF YOU SORRY ASSS NIGERIANS DONT LIKE READING ANY GOOD NEWS ABOUT NIGERIA. I AM SURE YOU WONT BE HAPPY TO HEAR THAT WHIZ KID MADE OVER 1 MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR ON INTERNATIONAL TOURS AND ALBUM SALES ALONE? THIS IS ACCORDING TO MOST POPULAR NIGERIAN BLOGS AND NEWS CHANNELS. LAST MONTH PSQUARE WAS PAID 200K IN ZIMBABWE TO MOUNT THE STAGE FOR LESS THAN 1 HOUR, THIS AGAIN IS ACCORDING TO NIGERIAN NEWS CHANNELS AND BLOGS. MOST OF YOU LOTS WILL PROBABLY BE GLAD TO HEAR THAT THESE GUYS ARE DYING IN POVERTY?

1 Like

Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2012
yuzedo:

THE RANTINGS OF AN EDUCATED ILLITERATE.
HE HAS INTERNET ACCESS BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW MALTA GUINEAS IS WORTH BILLIONS AND HE CANNOT CONFIRM HOW MUCH JAY Z IS PAID PER SHOW. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, DO SOME LITTLE RESEARCH AND STOP EXPOSING YOUR IGNORANCE IN PUBLIC.
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by yuzedo: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

THE RANTINGS OF AN EDUCATED ILLITERATE.
HE HAS INTERNET ACCESS BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW MALTA GUINEAS IS WORTH BILLIONS AND HE CANNOT CONFIRM HOW MUCH JAY Z IS PAID PER SHOW. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, DO SOME LITTLE RESEARCH AND STOP EXPOSING YOUR IGNORANCE IN PUBLIC.

Sadly, your lame paradox was lost on me and the world at large.
If you weren't quite slow this moring, you would've known i said the Malta Guinness bit tongue-in-cheek. And careful when you use word "billions" Einstein, their turnover is in the million range.
Google Hov's performance fee just to answer an NL thread? Nigga plz! Don't you have a 9 to 5 or a business?? undecided Biko, some of us don't have that time o! My assumption of Jay-Z's going rate is from the Rick Ross song, "Three Kings" (God forgives, I don't), but being the cheap rip-off you are, i'm sure you wouldn't know squat about that.. undecided
Brother, please lets not fight ok? I'm full and i don't have the space to devour any other person/thing that jumps in my face feeling extra enlightened.
I forgive u inugo? grin tongue cool
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
yuzedo:

Sadly, your lame paradox was lost on me and the world at large.
If you weren't quite slow this moring, you would've known i said the Malta Guinness bit tongue-in-cheek. And careful when you use word "billions" Einstein, their turnover is in the million range.
Google Hov's performance fee just to answer an NL thread? Nigga plz! Don't you have a 9 to 5 or a business?? undecided Biko, some of us don't have that time o! My assumption of Jay-Z's going rate is from the Rick Ross song, "Three Kings" (God forgives, I don't), but being the cheap rip-off you are, i'm sure you wouldn't know squat about that.. undecided
Brother, please lets not fight ok? I'm full and i don't have the space to devour any other person/thing that jumps in my face feeling extra enlightened.
I forgive u inugo? grin tongue cool

Fools neva learn, all your rantings don mean nothing bc u ended up exposing your sheer ignorance and stupidity.
He claims its a crime to google some info online but yet he opens his mouth to spread pure lies... THE HIGHER A MONKEY CLIMBS, THE MORE IT EXPOSES HIMSELF....
Next time you shouldn't be saying what u don't know
And he wants to forgive me? Nnokem, nkita rachaa kwa gi onu
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by onila(f): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Fools neva learn, all your rantings don mean nothing bc u ended up exposing your sheer ignorance and stupidity.
He claims its a crime to google some info online but yet he opens his mouth to spread pure lies... THE HIGHER A MONKEY CLIMBS, THE MORE IT EXPOSES HIMSELF....
Next time you shouldn't be saying what u don't know
And he wants to forgive me? Nnokem, nkita rachaa kwa gi onu

yr so funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

This bloated open air shitttting pig, if you can tie your own shoe lace you wouldn't be washing toilets in America?
At your age you should be married with children. But no one wants you because you are a psychedelic biitch.
I have seen most of your post on nairaland, all you do is scan all internet pages and trash talk anything that has to do with Igboland & Eastern Nigeria.
Before you know it you will be 45 years old, and you will start blaming witches or innocent people in your village. The time to act is now, there is life after nairaland. QUIT BITCHINGGG AROUND AND GO GET YOURSELF A GOOD HUSBAND...

grin
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ricky R,

Your thread is in the right place now. Calm down before you start shoiting hard-boiled eggs.

1 Like

Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by emmaatuo(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Funny, guys are here fighting verbally... P-square & Rozzay are there making their money! & you're here fighting over someone's salary..smh
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Ricky R,

Your thread is in the right place now. Calm down before you start shoiting hard-boiled eggs.

Old lady, your sins are forgiven but i must continue to advise u till you change coz time waits for nobody and i dont want u to start blaming ur village witches tomorrow.
There is life outside NL, go get yourself a good husband.
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by babyboy3(m): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2012
The last time Justin Timberlake came to England he said he wanted £500,000 they told him to get lost £250000 take it or leave it and he accepted,

Dr. Dre –
P Diddy –
#1 Kanye West – $3 million sweet 16
#1 Jay-Z – $3 million sweet 16
#2 Eminem – $3.3 million for two nights at UK festival ($66k per song)
#3 50 Cent – $2 million for Gadafi’s son (later donated to charity)
#4 Rihanna – $800,000
#5 Lil Wayne – $500,000
#6 Drake – $155,000
#7 Nicki Minaj – $150,000
#8 Akon – $120,000
#9 T.I. – $110,000
#10 Snoop Dogg – $105,000
#11 Rick Ross – $100,000
#12 Ludacris -$90,000
#13 Pitbull – $85,000
#14 B.o.B – $80,000
#15 Wiz Khalifa – $75,000
Cam’Ron – $75,000
J. Cole – $70,000
Young Jeezy – $60,000
The Game – $60,000
NeYo – $60,000
T-Pain – $60,000
Mac Miller – $55,000
Lupe Fiasco – $50,000
Mike Posner – $50,000
Souja Boy – $45,000
Plies – $45,000
Big Sean – $40,000
Taio Cruz – $42,500
Wale – $40,000
Kid Cui – $40,000
Yelawolf – $40,000
Fabolous – $35,000
Lil John – $35,000
Gucci Mane – $35,000
Flo Rida – $30,000
Juelz Santa – $30,000
Keri Hilson – $30,000
Waka Flocka – $25,000
Jadakiss – $25,000
Ginuwine – $20,000
Ray J – $17,500
Jim Jones – $17,000 + H2 Hummer rental and room at The Ritz
Bun B – $16,000
Pleasure P – $16,000
Fat Joe – $16,000
Tyga – $15,000
Yo Gotti – $15,000
Shwayze – $15,000
Meek Mill – $10,000
Mystikal – $10,000
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2012
baby-boy:
The last time Justin Timberlake came to England he said he wanted £500,000 they told him to get lost £250000 take it or leave it and he accepted,

Dr. Dre –
P Diddy –
#1 Kanye West – $3 million sweet 16
#1 Jay-Z – $3 million sweet 16
#2 Eminem – $3.3 million for two nights at UK festival ($66k per song)
#3 50 Cent – $2 million for Gadafi’s son (later donated to charity)
#4 Rihanna – $800,000
#5 Lil Wayne – $500,000
#6 Drake – $155,000
#7 Nicki Minaj – $150,000
#8 Akon – $120,000
#9 T.I. – $110,000
#10 Snoop Dogg – $105,000
#11 Rick Ross – $100,000
#12 Ludacris -$90,000
#13 Pitbull – $85,000
#14 B.o.B – $80,000
#15 Wiz Khalifa – $75,000
Cam’Ron – $75,000
J. Cole – $70,000
Young Jeezy – $60,000
The Game – $60,000
NeYo – $60,000
T-Pain – $60,000
Mac Miller – $55,000
Lupe Fiasco – $50,000
Mike Posner – $50,000
Souja Boy – $45,000
Plies – $45,000
Big Sean – $40,000
Taio Cruz – $42,500
Wale – $40,000
Kid Cui – $40,000
Yelawolf – $40,000
Fabolous – $35,000
Lil John – $35,000
Gucci Mane – $35,000
Flo Rida – $30,000
Juelz Santa – $30,000
Keri Hilson – $30,000
Waka Flocka – $25,000
Jadakiss – $25,000
Ginuwine – $20,000
Ray J – $17,500
Jim Jones – $17,000 + H2 Hummer rental and room at The Ritz
Bun B – $16,000
Pleasure P – $16,000
Fat Joe – $16,000
Tyga – $15,000
Yo Gotti – $15,000
Shwayze – $15,000
Meek Mill – $10,000
Mystikal – $10,000

www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/rappers-concert/

Some of the fees are hard to believe though. I don't think one can get the likes of Fat Joe for as cheap as $16k. And Rick Ross should surely get over $100k. Then again. i know these rates are elastic (especially in and around the country). . .and wealthy individuals tend to pay more for private shows, whereas concert organisers generally pay the typical/standard rates, or the musicians may accept less than usual just to make a quick buck if it is convenient for them.

Yet some folks are willing to believe that P Square were paid $300k for a single show. I'm sure the same folks also believed the private jet claptrap. Then again, it's the internet - so it's an all-comers affair.
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by RickyRoss1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
pro01:

www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/rappers-concert/

Some of the fees are hard to believe though. I don't think one can get the likes of Fat Joe for as cheap as $16k. And Rick Ross should surely get over $100k. Then again. i know these rates are elastic (especially in and around the country). . .and wealthy individuals tend to pay more for private shows, whereas concert organisers generally pay the typical/standard rates, or the musicians may accept less than usual just to make a quick buck if it is convenient for them.

Yet some folks are willing to believe that P Square were paid $300k for a single show. I'm sure the same folks also believed the private jet claptrap. Then again, it's the internet - so it's an all-comers affair.

First off, Psquare does not own any private jet, they never told anyone they own a jet. They had to come out on TV to set the records straight.

Those figures are laughable. Who pays 3 milla USD for a show? Unless ofcourse its one Arab prince that has money to throw away.
Even though this is the internet, it is very easy to separate facts from pack of lies.
I know for a fact $30,000 is too small to get Flo Ridas attention, and Rick Ross is way above 100k.

I also know not long ago TIMAYA turned down 1.6 million naira for a show, he was demanding 6 million and the organizers hired other cheaper artists. I mean this blog is trying to say our local champion Timaya is more expensive or has more value than most of the American artists
Re: Is Psquare Really Paid Up To $300,000 Per Show As Claimed By This Ghanain Site by omar22(m): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
Those figures are laughable. Who pays 3 milla USD for a show? Unless ofcourse its one Arab prince that has money to throw away.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/29814

In 1997 it was estimated that she got around 10 million USD for giving a private concert for the Sultan of Brunei.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/baron_pays_for_eve_with_stars_YPuXKBkoyi6bkoir8R8WaI

(1) (Reply)

Amber Rose Poses Nude On The Beach,shares It On Instagram / South Africa Lady Goes Nude Either Way After They Loss to Super Eagles. Photos / Stella Damasus: Social Media Should Never Determine The Strength Of Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.