Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image (13589 Views)

Shots, Teargas Fired At Pro-biafra Protesters In Nigeria - Yahoo News / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / New Face Of Nigeria Yahoo Scam Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by igboboy1(m): 4:29am On Dec 05, 2012
This should be packaged and distributed to every senator and representative in Abuja.....In fact it should be a requirement after being voted into the house for these nimwits to see
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by andyanders: 5:28am On Dec 05, 2012
big-t:

but u cant just judge like that cos our leaders take a chunk of our money Somewhere and somehow, we are realising it undecided. Take it or leave it, the youth practising yahoo, celebs pushing drugs and our leaders embezzling money will never end until a revolutionary purge occurs in nigeria! On a more serious note, i dont support yahoo yahoo!

[b][i]What you said is the truth. In as much as we condemn cyber crime, our leaders are the worst corrupt in the world. Have you seen a country that their leaders will embezzle money the way ours does here? No. Our leaders are the architect of crime whereby they evade the law with the kind of wealth they accumulated. The house of Rep is the house of rogue. Kettle calling pot black.We are not into democracy yet because those practicing it are a product of same crime. If you check most of our so called leaders what they do at the top, you will hate this country. Who will EVER believe that Farouk will be caught in-between the law? It is just that his 'nyas' opened, that was why they started distancing themselves from him.Now, same house has declared him clean. No worst crime than the crime of the elites in this country. Their action and lifestyle has driven these young men into cyber crime. Most of them are original 419.That was why OBJ declared them house of rogues. Let them challenge Almighty OBJ.The difference is that they themselves has an identity. Same way the yahoo,yahoo obtain from people are same way the so called law makers obtain from Nigerians by stealing our money and awarding contracts. Tell me, what is the difference when one awards a contract to person and same group will meet with the person to share the contract money approved by inflecting the contract sum? Is that not the worst 419? Most of these law makers and leaders have their bank accounts in dollars and starched in foreign accounts. Look at our roads, electricity, water,health sector,educational sector etc. I now ask, why cant they proof to us that they are clean with these contracts they award? Look at Benin Ore road as an example of corruption.
Let them show Nigerians an example by prosecuting a high profile case and sending the person to prison. Bode George is out after 4 months and was at PDP meeting. What a shame. Look at all young graduates after serving gets no job while every appointment gotten by youths whose parents starve to send them to school are zero because their parents knows nobody. Our leaders open private companies with money stolen from Nigerians and give their children jobs in these companies while the less privileged end up in the streets with no one to help. crime is crime and just like every sin in the sight of God is sin no matter how minute. After graduation,our youths will not be given work in any government parastatals. After 5-10yrs graduating from school, no job the person will end up embarking on any means to survive.
Create jobs for these youths and empower them.

Our leaders should be blamed.
[/b]
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by jaybee3(m): 5:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Eradicating from top to bottom ain't gonna work in Nigeria, at least not in this generation.
The average teenager wants to drive the latest range rover sport/x6 and off course doesn't wanna work to get such. This mindset needs to change before we can move forward as a nation.

We all have a role to play if we truly believe we want Nigeria to get better. Let's start asking the right questions from those family members, friends, neighbours with sudden wealth and no verifiable income whatsoever.
Don't be deterred in fishing these gunz out because the police or efcc are perceived to be part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 05, 2012
jay bee: Eliminating corruption from top to bottom ain't gonna work in Nigeria, at least not in this generation.
The average teenager wants to drive the latest range rover sport/x6 and off course doesn't wanna work to get such. This mindset needs to change before we can move forward as a nation.

We all have a role to play if we truly believe we want Nigeria to get better. Let's start asking the right questions from those family members, friends, neighbours with sudden wealth and no verifiable income whatsoever.
Don't be deterred in fishing these gunz out because the police or efcc are perceived to be part of the problem.

and your point is....?? you know it really pains to see ur mates drive around town in range rover so you assume every sudden wealth is yahoo yahoo abi? shame!
Hunger is Real my dear, the name of the game is SURVIVAL. mr. lekke or whatever he is called can jump into the lagoon or hug any transformer nearest to him. nigeria's problem is political yahoo yahoo, and NOT youths trying to survive.

4 Likes

Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by jaybee3(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2012
991:

and your point is....?? you know it really pains to see ur mates drive around town in range rover so you assume every sudden wealth is yahoo yahoo abi? shame!
Hunger is Real my dear, the name of the game is SURVIVAL. mr. lekke or whatever he is called can jump into the lagoon or hug any transformer nearest to him. nigeria's problem is political yahoo yahoo, and NOT youths trying to survive.
All my mates driving such vehicles have VERIFIABLE income.
It's very painful to hear youths attributing the rise in yahoo yahoo to survival instincts. Why aren't youths in chad, somalia et al resulting to defrauding people for money whilst tarnishing the image of their respective countries
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by born2boink(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2012
Let them tackle all those leaders who have hide billions underground, 1,000,000 graduates,200 avaiable jobs should be resolve too, a lot have gone wrong and nigerian over smartness have cause them into wrong act while they leave their leaders embezellinG money, leke should face obasanjo,babangida,dimeji bankole, all these are lions and yahoo yahoo are like chicken compares to them... Nigerian don turn upside down jjooh, na live and leavve remain
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by TonySpike: 8:26am On Dec 05, 2012
We must eliminate cybercrime factories. Government must erect an equivalent anti-cybercrime factory full of hackers, trackers and servers to fight online criminal pursuit. It is a national security risk. And by the way, setting up this factory will provide employment to many of our computer science graduates. If we are serious, we should see a major drop in cybercrime within nine months.

This is the work of the SSS and NSA, I think. But they would rather hunt down non-compliant politicians, instead of building a hi-tech anti-yahoo yahoo facility.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 05, 2012
jay bee:
It's very painful to hear youths attributing the rise in yahoo yahoo to survival instincts. Why aren't youths in chad, somalia et al resulting to defrauding people for money whilst tarnishing the image of their respective countries

Rule No 1: Never trust anybody know your self and your self Only
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by ochukoccna: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2012
I can only shake my head @ some of the end justifies the means comments here
So 1 should take to yahoo yahoo because its not armed robbery
1 robs with a gun,another robs with the keyboard;both get paid eventually
Nigeria has long been finished as a nation,its unravelling is just slower than expected
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by larryshow4(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2012
Wow!!! I read this on punch newspaper online and I was going to drop my thought and comment on there. I feel Nigeria's problem about image right now is not yahoo-yahoo or what so ever it's called! I feel Nigeria has got so much worries to bother about.

Firstly let me point out some instance, imagine a country that doesn't care or worries about the youth! See how bad our education system is! Reflecting back to that makes me sick... See how horrible our health section looks, you want good treatment u have to pay high way bills from private hospitals because they are the only ones that are well equipped. Our corrupt politicians fly overseas to get themselves treated and checked up...

The only thing our leaders do for us is procrastinate to us!! In so so time, we will do this... Imagine local govt chairmen, when they get into places, all they think about is looting the money and sending there families overseas. When they are illiterates and what they can provide is primary school certificates..

Everyday we get to hear reports about certain scandals and the next thing is seeing that person whose been mentioned walking freely instead of spending there entire life in jail...

Talents die everyday in Nigeria, because they know the country is not ready to care for there youth. See the last Olympics; we have Nigerians representing other countries cause they know they country has not given anything to them, why then do they have to give something back to them.

A country that doesn't worry about its citizens. Why then would people go and line up at embassies trying to elope from the country. You don't provide employment and all you can do is do little things when terms are gettin over and request for our votes one more time.

The politicians celebrate around in private jets with there families with our money they have taken from us! And we keep quite and look at them and smile.

The constitution is so amended to there satisfaction that nothing happens to them afterward. Imagine EFCC holding Obori on over 50+ court charges and can't nail him and UK had him on just 12 or so court charges and his serving terms.

Why now talk about yahoo-yahoo spoiling the image of Nigeria... An image that has already been damaged.. You think only Nigeria has cyber-crime! Russia Philippines... Asia, it's everywhere, why is here image not damaged? Haha!!!

I believe Nigeria is wasting talents and we would only stay here and talk and talk... I feel nothing will happen only GOD's intervention can change the country.

Every sector in Nigeria is corrupt!! Wipe corruption, create employment and Nigeria would be a great Nation again... Nigeria is a dying cope!!!

Not until when people go into politics, not for the money but for the devotion that they want to serve there motherland...
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by 360command: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2012
A true article written by sir Alder.but i do think you trying to divert the news by creating such article.i am sure your mouth is for the govt but your heart is not for them.i remember when Romania wanted to join the EU where the EU made it clear to them on some requirements needed for them to be in d EU.D act of yahoo yahoo(like hacking) was to be clamped down.it was piece of cake to d govt,they clamped it down well.if our govt wants to do it,yes they can but they absolutely are not willing to help the youth.In Ghana dey say;if you cannot make good promises to the youth,its better you live them to sell their dog chain.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Revolva: They should all STFU !!! Before I give somebody called leke a backhand slap...
Is it only nigeria internet scams are perpetuated .. . . . . . . . . . . so why won't young folks use the little idea they have to survive - . . . . . . . .
Efcc and the rest should tell us truth about money recovered from politicians and why tafa balogun cecilia and bode george even bankole were not stated ..
. . . . . . . . . So because internet scams is being perpetuated in other countries, that gave us as country the right to go into it you mean?. . . . . . . . . And d little idea to survive is to go into internet scams?. . . . Oh My God! Imagine the mentality of a Nigerian youth!! God save the future of our dear nation!!!. . . . . . . . . . . The only point i see in ur post is about the where the money recover from d corrupt politicians is? . . . . . But all ur other points are an eye-sore. . . . . WHAT A MENTALITY!!!

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2012
jay bee:

because 9ja youths are smarter than youths in chad and somalia.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by Revolva(m): 11:05am On Dec 05, 2012
modelmike7: . . . . . . . . . So because internet scams is being perpetuated in other countries, that gave us as country the right to go into it you mean?. . . . . . . . . And d little idea to survive is to go into internet scams?. . . . Oh My God! Imagine the mentality of a Nigerian youth!! God save the future of our dear nation!!!. . . . . . . . . . . The only point i see in ur post is about the where the money recover from d corrupt politicians is? . . . . . But all ur other points are an eye-sore. . . . . WHAT A MENTALITY!!!
Look my brother truth is bitter leke alder came from a very opportuned family and he used it to assist his intelligence to get to where he is today ..
Now imagine a brillant youth who has no where to turn to even to eat or pay rent if only he can afford a one room face me face you .. Which is hot cake rite now to rent in lagos..
And all other factors like graduating with no loans to be issued to start a small business - am sure many nigerian youth are hardworking and like to be their own boss - but they were neglected and its now a case of man no man to get a good job..or even get a loan-so what next.... even girls you see that sell dier bodies at night many are brillant and don't choose to do that ... Am not in support on 419 but bro its inevitable in this world we are in it can be reduced but can't be eradicated totally its a global problem but na only nigeria own dem dey always see...na we first start am Ask ur self and the white folks their target are also gullible and should be also be arrested if efcc manages to catch a yahoo boi - cos it takes two to tangle
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by blackmale1: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
between yahoo boys and our ever looting leaders,who gives the country a bad name, abeg make the Adler guy go sidon joor. He should be looking 4 what he can do 4 naija and not what the image of naija should do 4 him.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by jaybee3(m): 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
991:

because 9ja youths are smarter than youths in chad and somalia.

Impact of such crimes that your so called smart dumbos perpetuate all over the world

justwise: Two Nigerian fraudsters, whose global £2.7m scam had deadly consequences for one family they mercilessly ripped off, were jailed today.
Police identified a total of thirteen victims all over the world, who each lost an average of £207,000, after the duo convinced them they were due an Australian lottery pay-out, inheritance, investment benefit or were sold non-existent heavy plant machinery.

Obinnam Nwokolo, 37, of 20 Chesworth Close, Erith, who amassed a valuable property portfolio in the UK and Nigeria, received six years and four months and Uchechhukwu Onuoha, 40, of Aspen Green, Erith, who entered this country on a student visa, received five years and two months.

Both pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court to conspiracy to defraud between October 1, 2008 and September 15 last year.
One of their victims, Betty McClellan, 62, of Hyde Park, Los Angeles was shot dead by her husband Hersey McClellan, 63, who then shot himself on June 20, 2010 after she wired £264,000 — blowing the couple’s hard-earned pension.

She transferred the sums to accounts controlled by fellow Nigerians Sergius Ene, 44, of 111 Rushden Gardens, Ilford and Osas Odia, 33, of 15 Windrush Court, Chichester Wharf, Erith, who both admitted conspiring to launder criminal property.

Ene, who received sixteen months in March for a £27,000 Euromilions lottery scam on an 83 year-old Northampton pensioner, was jailed for two years and eight months. for laundering £342,400.
The accountant, a former Haringey Council housing benefit officer, drove a Mercedes with a personalised ‘ENE’ number plate. He is currently appealing deportation and it was revealed the mother of his three children entered into a sham marriage with a French citizen of African origin just to stay in the UK

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242985/Jailed-London-based-Nigerian-fraudsters-ran-2-7million-lotto-scam-led-murder-suicide.html#ixzz2EA9JlrPC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by pak: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
pekelepekele: One thing Nigeria government do not know is this . A country that doesn't care for the youth or the elders , a country where you are celebrated when you steal billions and lot of people keep dieing at different hospitals because they can't pay their bills . A stupid country that hell fire is better than , You shouldn't be surprised seeing different kind of behaviors . Yahoo Yahoo is not good but let me ask this question who among the Yahoo boys during his childhood will say it is Yahoo he wants to be doing in the future? It is this God damned country that is turning people to criminals many people are willing to read and behave well but there is no support at all from the Government.

Ordinary stable electricity we don't have , I read on NL here the way people were saluting one man called OBJ a man youths were suppose to do a private meeting and storm his house and burn him and his entire family to death.

To hell with anyone that accuses Yahoo boys again am not into it but hmm he no easy for poor man pikin ooo!!! . If you are born with silver spoon in your mouth Give thanks to the Lord.

If an army point ak47 to Bill gate forehead and another army point another ak47 to a street beggar forehead. If both army shoot na die both of dem go die oo. ORIOKUORILO wake up Nigerian youths these people are eating our future but still arresting and killing the youths for using alternative way to make money.

Nigeria situation now is FIGHT NOW OR DIE LATER

I sorry sorry oo , I sorry for Afica .
I sorry sorry oo , I sorry for Nigeria!!!. ---- Fela Baba RIP

Keep deceiving yourself
No godammed country is turning people into criminals. CRIMINALS are CRIMINALS because they are CRIMINALS.

The situation in Nigeria is extremely terrible, agreed but
then come to think of it -
Are we the poorest country in the world ?
Is the employment rate in Nigeria the worst ?
Is the Nigerian Naira the most devalued ?

Then why are we committing crime left , right , centre like devils and some people are here justifying it in the name of what's not.

The question is from whence did our leaders come from ? Pluto ?

They came from the midst of crime justifying individuals like we have on this thread.

Seun Osewa came from a poor background and is and extremely smart techie ? Why is he not using his intelligence to commit internet fraud (simple because he is not a criminal !!!).

And one thing that punctures all these, it is the government that caused it argument is - Why is it always committed by a section of the country ?

You hardly ever, ever hear a Northerner involved in internet fraud and yet that is arguably the poorest region in the country.
(Agreed, Northerners have their own problems too, but that is a topic for another day).

We should all rise up to condemn this exceeding greed that is eating us up as a people. (I just hope very soon people/Nairaland peeps will not start justifying kidnapping and armed robbery)

The corruption of the so called leaders is inexcusable, so is the level of criminality amongst the youth. I used to think that youths are supposed to be leaders of tomorrow ??

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by jaybee3(m): 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^
Nailed it

Someone here telling me our youths commit cyber-crime cos we are smarter. What a lotta bull crap
Why don't they channel the smartness into being the next Mark Zuckerbeg
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
jay bee: ^^^^
Nailed it

Someone here telling me our youths commit cyber-crime cos we are smarter. What a lotta bull crap
Why don't they channel the smartness into being the next Mark Zuckerbeg

He nailed it but the nail is bent.. Poverty = Crime. it is a tried and tested case study. while there are various psycho-sociological factors involved. Poverty is not an excuse; it is a Potent CAUSE and you will do well to recognize this FACT. Generality of Northerners are barely educated (FACT) more so, have poorer access to the internet.. you can say the major crimes been committed by northern youths is the crime of Terrorism and Religious Violence.. it is a visible trend over the past 2 decades as is Yahoo-yahoo. Yes you can point to the few (infinitesimally small) successes such as Seun Osewa, 2Face, PSquare, Adichie etc. line them up against the over 80+ million uneducated (Poverty-stricken, crime-motivated) youths and you will know that our Socio-Economic Ecosystem i.e the Federal Republic of Nigeria continues to squander $billions of opportunities for development that Educates and Empowers these growing army of potential criminals. MEND,BOKO-HARAM is a symptom of this unsustainable bad-behaviour of our government in addressing priorities properly. I cannot imagine 60-70 year old reta.rds who witnessed Nigeria's independence still refer to our Democracy as Nascent. Ba.star%rds angry
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by CosmicJames(m): 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Techwriter:

So far this comment has the highest like confirming the Nigerian fraud status. Some people that come here practice it and and they excuse their consciences by blaming the government as the cause. What we fail to know is that our leaders are not imported. They come from within us. A bad people and system will always throw up a corrupt result apologies to Jesus. Let's repair our ends and start frowning at evil and the leadership will naturally take care of itself. Stop waiting for govt/leaders to change before you change or do sometn to stop evil in your society

Somehow right but I do not agree with you. It is the duty of the father to correct the child and not the child correcting the father.

It takes only the grace of God not to yahoo expecially when you have the opportunuty to do so in this unsupportive country called Nigeria.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by CosmicJames(m): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
pak:

Keep deceiving yourself
CRIMINALS are CRIMINALS because they are CRIMINALS.

Agreed. Right now I have a perfect opportunity to yahoo the world from Nigeria as a Nigerian but I refuse because I'm not a criminal and can't be one. But let's face the truth, our government should help us.

Nigeria is not business enabled!

Ask Seun Osewa that you mentioned and he will tell you what struggle he has to face in the early days of NL with regard to power supply. (That struggle has not stop till date)

How many factories have closed down, an how many cannot start because they can't generate enough energy to power their businesses which is a major cause of unemployment in this country?

We are not asking for too much; let our government provide just the basic infrastructures and Nigeria will experience the change we are looking for.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by navygrl: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
I hope they do start seriously prosecuting these Yahoo boys. I have plenty of names with pictures of many culprits I would be more then happy to turn over to the authorities including my ex and his brother.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by pak: 12:10am On Dec 06, 2012
CosmicJames:

Agreed. Right now I have a perfect opportunity to yahoo the world from Nigeria as a Nigerian but I refuse because I'm not a criminal and can't be one. But let's face the truth, our government should help us.

Nigeria is not business enabled!

Ask Seun Osewa that you mentioned and he will tell you what struggle he has to face in the early days of NL with regard to power supply. (That struggle has not stop till date)

How many factories have closed down, an how many cannot start because they can't generate enough energy to power their businesses which is a major cause of unemployment in this country?

We are not asking for too much; let our government provide just the basic infrastructures and Nigeria will experience the change we are looking for.

You raised valid points
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by naijathings(m): 12:45am On Dec 06, 2012
navygrl: I hope they do start seriously prosecuting these Yahoo boys. I have plenty of names with pictures of many culprits I would be more then happy to turn over to the authorities including my ex and his brother.
who is holding you or stopping you from running to the nearest police station?
or are you looking for someone to give you 30 pieces of silver before you do so?
na only you sabi dem.
na for your mouth dem go hear say IBB na thief.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by naijathings(m): 1:07am On Dec 06, 2012
[size=14pt]the ugly truth is that WE are all guilty of this sin called corruption one way or the other we are all involved from the pastor to immam to the president and everyone. we lie, falsify age, lie about our location when we speak on the phone, collect 50 extra for keg at petrol stations, collect shandy at check points, lobby to build illegal toll gates and collect outrageous toll fee for a period of 20 years, exam malpractice, cultism, falsifying documents in offices to get promoted or accepted, extortion, prostitution, importing of fake drugs and preserved foods, election scams, child molestation, child neglect, infidelity in relationships, racketing in places of work, secret bank accounts, bank and corporate prostitution, multiple identity fraud, super sized money laundering in the name of tithes and donations, smuggling, constant power failure and inflated contracts, efcc favoritism, tribal and religious hatred and government cover up, lies on NTA and other govt stations, religious extortions... and this is not even the half of our sins.
and you think cyber crime is the black sheep of this large family of sins?

dey want to channel all their time and energy on catching yahoo boiz to clean up nigeria's image? haha good luck with the ghost hunting[/size]
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by larryshow4(m): 5:45am On Dec 06, 2012
pak:

Keep deceiving yourself
No godammed country is turning people into criminals. CRIMINALS are CRIMINALS because they are CRIMINALS.

The situation in Nigeria is extremely terrible, agreed but
then come to think of it -
Are we the poorest country in the world ?
Is the employment rate in Nigeria the worst ?
Is the Nigerian Naira the most devalued ?

Then why are we committing crime left , right , centre like devils and some people are here justifying it in the name of what's not.

The question is from whence did our leaders come from ? Pluto ?

They came from the midst of crime justifying individuals like we have on this thread.

Seun Osewa came from a poor background and is and extremely smart techie ? Why is he not using his intelligence to commit internet fraud (simple because he is not a criminal !!!).

And one thing that punctures all these, it is the government that caused it argument is - Why is it always committed by a section of the country ?

You hardly ever, ever hear a Northerner involved in internet fraud and yet that is arguably the poorest region in the country.
(Agreed, Northerners have their own problems too, but that is a topic for another day).

We should all rise up to condemn this exceeding greed that is eating us up as a people. (I just hope very soon people/Nairaland peeps will not start justifying kidnapping and armed robbery)

The corruption of the so called leaders is inexcusable, so is the level of criminality amongst the youth. I used to think that youths are supposed to be leaders of tomorrow ??

You think Seun Osewa is the only talented Nigerian? No,, We have got multiple talents out there... There are some kind of people that need guidelines to stand up straight, but Nigeria is not there to give them the guide line as there Father. Let me explain what i mean by Guideline. There are some talents that can't be discovered until you inspire them out. Take for example overseas. the country has created the opportunity out there, a child of 7-9yrs is already a professional swimmer. this happened because they discovered the talent in them . They gave them the opportunity to bring out the skills in them, and that is just to mention a few. When would they have the time to go out to the cyber-cafe to commit cyber-crime when you got them engaged in something doing. So many Nigerians are dying with there skills in them, because the environment is not giving them the opportunity to bring out that skills.
Our educational system keeps teaching students theories and not practicals.. We say we are developing countries and we don't have the skills to have developers. Tell me how many technology we have invented, even if we have i am sure its going to be like 9%, this is because the country has failed to support the education system. The northerners can't go into cyber-crimes because they are not that educated and see what they have produced. Suicide bombers.... Is that not worse than cyber-crime. That could tag Nigeria as a Very High Risk country because of Terrorism which would spoil the image of the country than Yahoo-Yahoo and you say the image of Nigeria is being Damaged with that...

I think what this tread should be able is solution on how Nigeria can be re-branded and we can learn from that, than coming here and standing up telling it to our face that Yahoo-Yahoo is a major problem with the Image of Nigeria.. I am not saying am in support of Yahoo-Yahoo... I just feel we should mention pressuring issues also and lay emphasis on them and not taking diversion from those very problems of Nigeria. My friend where are you putting the corrupt govt. except you are one of them or where are you putting the terrorism which has increase the fear of investors in Nigeria?

Re-branding Nigeria should be what should be discussed and possible solutions from joint ideas.

1 Like

Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by navygrl: 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
naijathings:
who is holding you or stopping you from running to the nearest police station?
or are you looking for someone to give you 30 pieces of silver before you do so?
na only you sabi dem.
na for your mouth dem go hear say IBB na thief.
being I do not live in Nigeria and my phone calls and emails have not been responded to the best I have managed is to report them to the FCC in the us which without assistance on the Nigerian end there is not much that can be done. Even when I turned some in while in Nigeria, I simple bribe was all it took for them to avoid going to the police station talk less about jail
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by Revolva(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
navygrl: being I do not live in Nigeria and my phone calls and emails have not been responded to the best I have managed is to report them to the FCC in the us which without assistance on the Nigerian end there is not much that can be done. Even when I turned some in while in Nigeria, I simple bribe was all it took for them to avoid going to the police station talk less about jail
Na you holy pass but if you ex come call you say I bought you a car or a golden watch you no go take ,,, na for your mouth FCC go hear say IBB na thief !!! Better no dey cast nigeria even the FCC in america or europe sef are not clean as well ,,,
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by navygrl: 2:44am On Dec 09, 2012
Revolva:
Na you holy pass but if you ex come call you say I bought you a car or a golden watch you no go take ,,, na for your mouth FCC go hear say IBB na thief !!! Better no dey cast nigeria even the FCC in america or europe sef are not clean as well ,,,
being I have a restraining order against my ex and I make far more in my legit job then some internet scammer does I find that assumption of yours quite laughable
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by born2boink(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2012
navygrl: why waving on vehicle that dropped you and left on its own, since your ex has divorced you, you do not need to be crying or making an attempt to bring him down, EFCC will not answer someone like you because you maybe making a false allegation, both of you kukuma dey ate the money together when you were together and why didn't you make report, why wait until he abandoned for you another girl. Are you not his exboss since he has been working and delivering his money to you to be buying pantss and bra,fast foods and braziilain hair, he has abandoned you now,why the cry...I do not support your ex but I don't like wide mouthed woman .... Abeg go siddon with your current dick and leave your ex alone
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by naijathings(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2012
born2fuck: navygrl: why waving on vehicle that dropped you and left on its own, since your ex has divorced you, you do not need to be crying or making an attempt to bring him down, EFCC will not answer someone like you because you maybe making a false allegation, both of you kukuma dey ate the money together when you were together and why didn't you make report, why wait until he abandoned for you another girl. Are you not his exboss since he has been working and delivering his money to you to be buying pantss and bra,fast foods and braziilain hair, he has abandoned you now,why the cry...I do not support your ex but I don't like wide mouthed woman .... Abeg go siddon with your current dick and leave your ex alone
abeg shun the dumb chic.. she say she dey america dey run from one fbi office to the other submitting names of G-Men. ROTFLMFAO
dem no dey commit sin for her own family.
@@@@navygrl go check within your family and immediate extended family and i give you $1000USD if you dont find any of your family members to
report to efcc and fbi. meanwhile, get a life and stop looking for a way to get back your virginity.
Re: Leke Alder: Nigeria’s ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Image by redsun(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2012
As weird as it may sound,yahoo yahoo theat preys on oyinbos are more patriotic than average nigerian leader or elite,who plunders the country resources,use them to buy palacial villas in oyinbo land,pay for very expensive education and ostentatious life styles for their evil offspring in oyinbo land and store away the rest in the same oyinbo land,servicing their economy,while the people at home suffers.

Yahoo yahoo on the other side,con the greedy oyinbos,distribute the monies among their networks in nigeria.Some with good sense of investments that helps to instigate nigerian economy,while some end up stupid like nigerian leaders,buying oyinbo goods they dont need.

Nothing could be worse than corrupt nigerian leaders and they are the root cause of nigerian nightmare,anybody writing or saying otherwise is their paid agent like most journalists in nigeria who are literally co-ck suckers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Transformed Lagos With Blueprint – APC Group / Boko Haram: Idps From Gwoza Write Buhari, Reveal Insurgents’ Hiding Place / “I remain a member of APC” Sen Tejuoso denounces reports stating he joined PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.